how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Cheesie

Coorparoo, Australia

#3598 May 4, 2013
I was just recently diagnosed with scabies, the night itching was driving me insane & I couldn't sleep.
I put Lyclear all over my body for overnight & washed it off. Also I still have all the bumps. the itching is still here however, & still as bad. The lack of sleep isn't helping.
is it normal for the itching to stay?
healed

United States

#3599 May 4, 2013
No, Cheesie. The meds don't work anymore for many strains of mites, and haven't for quite a few yrs as the bugs have grown resistent. But the drs will not listen. Try bathing in a hot bath with 2 lbs of sea salt ($2 at walmart), get some star anise oil at ur local health food store (about $11). You can dilute it (tho I used it full stength again the other day and it burns and dries ur skin but I think it knocked it out). I had spent a fortune on manuka oil thinking it was the cure but I have just realized it was the star anise oil that I was using in between days that did it! A few days ago I was covered head to toe in bites n sores. They are now drying up n all going away.i also started the daily ivermectin 4 days ago as one poster suggested. I plan on doing for a week. I use aloe vera and sometimes olive oil in between to heal.
healed

United States

#3600 May 4, 2013
The salt for bathing. The star anise oil to apply to your dry skin after bath or shower. You can dilute it first with another oil so its not so strong. However, the stronger, the more effective.
healed

United States

#3601 May 4, 2013
BTW, I was using the expensive manuka oil when the mites got to the worst point on me and that was a few days ago, when I literally was covered in bites and thought I was going to be eaten alive. It might cure some strains...not mine. Sorry I suggested it earlier. It was the star anise oil that was the star.
healed

United States

#3602 May 4, 2013
Sorry, I really need to give God and our Lord Jesus for any healing bc I've been praying constantly for over 5 months and many have been praying for me to be healed. So to Him be all the glory and credit. And may we all be healed once in for all in Jesus' Name. Amen.
hopeso13

Ashland, KY

#3603 May 4, 2013
My son's friend had scabies he went to dermo dr she looked at scraping of his skin under scope and gave him script he was healed very fast with meds.
healed

United States

#3604 May 4, 2013
The meds still work for some strains. They are the lucky ones. I'm so happy for them. Also, thank God kids are able to fight this much easier usually.
Mitey-sad

Ardsley, NY

#3605 May 4, 2013
I also think many of us think we are fighting scabies and we prob were at one point but then we got infested by another mite, bacteria, or fungus. The best thing to do is to try to find the mite, by scraping or if you see specks look under a microscope to find out what it is.
Andie

Tacoma, WA

#3606 May 4, 2013
Hey ! so I would go on all these post I had it bad I would cry all the time because I itched so bad but... I found how to get rid of them it worked for me and you don't have to spend a shit ton of money ! That stupid cream from the drs does NOT work. Sooo.. Get Epsom salt from walmart a huge bag lol a thing of benadril allergy the pill forms and . Then go to super supplements get a thing of neem oil, tea tree oil, neem soap, and tar tree soap, and coconut oil.
step 1 - take a bath in Epsom salt and put like 15 drop tea tree oil in. Soak for 30 min then wash with either the neem soap or tar tree soap. Then rinse with shower if your taking a shower put your regular shampoo in hand with 2 drops tea tree oil don't do it with the conditioner and put 1 drop in your face wash ( gets them off face and scalp.
Step 2 - Dry off mix prod 6 spoon scoops coconut oil you have to put it in the microwave to melt it down and 8 drops tea tree oil 4 drops neem oil. use wash cloth dry or wet and smear it all over your body up to the neck.
Step 3 - your still going to be itchy find the bumps and put neem oil on them everywhere it itches you will not itch after. it stinks but if you are desperate youll do it. and take 2 denadril allergy 30 min before bed and you will finally sleep thru the night.

do this for a week strait then every other day and still putting the neem oil and tea tree oil on the bumps and on the in between days use goldbond healing with aloe lotion put it everywhere !

I hope this helps ! AND MAKE SURE TO WASH EVERYTHING EVERYDAY!! it sucks but its how I got rid of them after having them for 8 months
Mitey-sad

Ardsley, NY

#3607 May 4, 2013
Andie wrote:
Hey ! so I would go on all these post I had it bad I would cry all the time because I itched so bad but... I found how to get rid of them it worked for me and you don't have to spend a shit ton of money ! That stupid cream from the drs does NOT work. Sooo.. Get Epsom salt from walmart a huge bag lol a thing of benadril allergy the pill forms and . Then go to super supplements get a thing of neem oil, tea tree oil, neem soap, and tar tree soap, and coconut oil.
step 1 - take a bath in Epsom salt and put like 15 drop tea tree oil in. Soak for 30 min then wash with either the neem soap or tar tree soap. Then rinse with shower if your taking a shower put your regular shampoo in hand with 2 drops tea tree oil don't do it with the conditioner and put 1 drop in your face wash ( gets them off face and scalp.
Step 2 - Dry off mix prod 6 spoon scoops coconut oil you have to put it in the microwave to melt it down and 8 drops tea tree oil 4 drops neem oil. use wash cloth dry or wet and smear it all over your body up to the neck.
Step 3 - your still going to be itchy find the bumps and put neem oil on them everywhere it itches you will not itch after. it stinks but if you are desperate youll do it. and take 2 denadril allergy 30 min before bed and you will finally sleep thru the night.
do this for a week strait then every other day and still putting the neem oil and tea tree oil on the bumps and on the in between days use goldbond healing with aloe lotion put it everywhere !
I hope this helps ! AND MAKE SURE TO WASH EVERYTHING EVERYDAY!! it sucks but its how I got rid of them after having them for 8 months
Did you have them on your scalp? I will try this. I did tto for a month and it did not help but I will try it with neem and coconut oil. Thanks for sharing! Gives us hope!!
healed

United States

#3608 May 4, 2013
I think the salt baths are really helpful. Wish I had time for more...too busy being a mommy and all the sanitizing,etc of the house. I noticed a small beetle-like bug on the corner of my tub while showering today (a large bug, not like a mite or anything). It was drinking some water in a little puddle of water. I thru some salt on it. Watched it for 10 minutes, no effect. Thru some borax on it. No effect. It continued to drink the salt borax water. Then sqeezed my washcloth full of sulfur soap on it...no effect after 10 minutes! Then took a drop of manuka oil a dropped it into a cup. Thru the bug in it. It died within 3-4 seconds. Just thought that was interesting. Even tho the manuka has not cured me.
Itchy99

San Jose, CA

#3609 May 4, 2013
thiscrapsux wrote:
I got scabies from WALMART!!!!! I tried on a bra from there....and a few days later, several red bumps all over my chest. Since then I have paid out ohh....somewhere in the ball park of $500 trying to get rid of these little buggers.....I have no insurance.....been to the doctor and through 6 tubes of permetherin as well as about 9 bottles of permetherin spray, millions of loads of laundry, even abandoned my house for two weeks hoping theyd all die after a treatment of permetherin....nope, still goin in FORCE.....I ordered Ivermectin, but it takes like 2 weeks for delivery. In the mean time Im miserable...im going to try the bleach bath. I've also found that a bottle cap from like a glass beer bottle works well to scratch with....its very soothing but it doesnt tear my skin like my nails........funny thing is no one else in the house is getting them....just ME

How are you doing? What is your status today?
Itchy99

San Jose, CA

#3610 May 4, 2013
cindilu wrote:
I am only returning to this forum to point out that I have been completely cured going on six weeks.
You won't believe what cured me, most of the forum has been using "Freedom 45 Spot-on for extra large dogs" as a topical method to manage symptoms.
Well the online vet supply company screwed up my order and mailed me the same product BUT it's the Freedom 45 Spot-on for horses (equine). It comes in a larger box with six slightly larger tubettes. The ingredients say 45% Permethrin but there must be something else added that is not on the label or perhaps a different kind of Permethrin because the one for extra large dogs did not cure but the one for horses wiped them out in three weeks with no side effects. I am completely cured. I bought mine at EntirelyPets.com but you can order it from Jeffers Horse Supplies too. I wish I could share my cure with those of you who have been on this forum for years. You no longer have to suffer. Get this and cover your body with it and in three weeks you are cured like me. And my case was severe!
Hi Cindy, congratulations...please inbox me, I have some more questions I would like to ask.
Itchy 99
healed

United States

#3611 May 4, 2013
Cindilu please tell us how/when to use it (like amounts, where to apply, how often, etc). Thnx.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3612 May 5, 2013
I have cured my scabies using sulfur soap, and organic aloe vera gel. You have to work the sulfur soap into the skin but sulfur soap really works and it stops the itching. The aloe gel is not sticky and drys quickly on your skin I found aloe works very well. I have had scabies for a long time and honestly still have them, on a scale of one to ten I am at a .5 but still have breeding pairs. Although I am not bothered at night I itch very little if I did not know better I would say I did not have them. I have done it all or most of it. Salt baths, borax baths, super washing soda baths please do not do the super washing soda baths. All kinds of oils including kerosine do not do that my legs swelled up and turned red. What a waste of time. Now I do the sulfur soap and aloe. Whatever you do good luck.
healed

United States

#3613 May 5, 2013
Umathr have u tried ivermectin?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3614 May 5, 2013
The Hungry Ghosts wrote:
Fred, there are people who have mites, who get rid of them with toxic chemicals.
Why not just celebrate the fact that they got rid of the mites?
Those who continue to have problems, can then come to you for nematode/detox/lyme advice, OK?
But you don't have to pee on Cindilu's parade.
If people want to follow her example, then they will. If they want to follow yours, they will.
<quoted text>
This is true. I think it's true for me. But I have to get rid of the bugs... otherwise I just end up with bugs and bacteria.
Of coarse people can make up their own minds, you're stating the obvious.
After following this forum for two years pretty closely what I will tell you is that many people who come on here to post they are cured using freedom 45 or advantix blue, same thing, go on to relapse in fact the great majority of them, in fact only one person stayed cured from that that I know of and it is a very detrimental way to go. If you want a good history lesson in this so called treatment go read the whole imidacloprid thread. What does work just to get rid of mites is clove capsules and then you don't have to become neurotoxic and do liver damage and risk high carcinogenic exposure.

12-15 clove capsules a day 4-5 after each meal for a month, they will be gone in two to three weeks.If you still have symptoms after that you have something besides mites.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3615 May 5, 2013
healed wrote:
Umathr have u tried ivermectin?
No I have not. Thanks for asking thouhg.
JONES

Naples, FL

#3616 May 6, 2013
Look I've been wondering if going to the look could cure this??? I'm a life gurad and I got this when I feel in he woods its been about 2 weeks and its spread all over my neck and my genatial region and my arm and neck ts quite sever on my never and its getting pretty bad down there but the point is when I got into the water j had underqaew in and j had to keep them on because it not like j can go change everytime j ha e to jump in the water to save a life and j noticed that they were going away on they because they were countionsly getting wet by the clorax water, maybe a excessive exposure to the cloeax /pool CAn help, haven't been able to work so I can't really text this ad its just a theory I extend a helping hand to those in need and say don't lose hope I can't lose hope I'm only 17 and I want these things gone,/ the permithum actually world when I first took it but it got worse do that usejally happenen.? I think I'm going to try the bleach in a hot shower with 4-6 cups of bleach hopefully it works this is the first time doing it so its along shot for me, I'm gona sit there for an hour till the water cools down then wait 10-15 minutes till te tub fills up and go again I'm gona contuine to post this here and read about your stories j hope we could all find a cure for this infestation!!! I'm also going to date this so I know when j posted it and at what time might just be a way to keep my self sane from the itch 5/6/13 3:15 am

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3617 May 6, 2013
JONES wrote:
Look I've been wondering if going to the look could cure this??? I'm a life gurad and I got this when I feel in he woods its been about 2 weeks and its spread all over my neck and my genatial region and my arm and neck ts quite sever on my never and its getting pretty bad down there but the point is when I got into the water j had underqaew in and j had to keep them on because it not like j can go change everytime j ha e to jump in the water to save a life and j noticed that they were going away on they because they were countionsly getting wet by the clorax water, maybe a excessive exposure to the cloeax /pool CAn help, haven't been able to work so I can't really text this ad its just a theory I extend a helping hand to those in need and say don't lose hope I can't lose hope I'm only 17 and I want these things gone,/ the permithum actually world when I first took it but it got worse do that usejally happenen.? I think I'm going to try the bleach in a hot shower with 4-6 cups of bleach hopefully it works this is the first time doing it so its along shot for me, I'm gona sit there for an hour till the water cools down then wait 10-15 minutes till te tub fills up and go again I'm gona contuine to post this here and read about your stories j hope we could all find a cure for this infestation!!! I'm also going to date this so I know when j posted it and at what time might just be a way to keep my self sane from the itch 5/6/13 3:15 am
Don't use household bleach on your skin, you'll burn yourself! Pool bleach and household bleach are different!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm itchy all the time 56 min Tired of itching 1
Treatment advice--dogs with mange- owner with s... 2 hr maryann marano 46
I'm cured, thought I'd share everything I did!! (Dec '11) 2 hr maryann marano 21
post scabies and still worried??? ...please rea... (Jan '07) 2 hr maryann marano 378
Icu protocol 3 hr Alice 3
I am Cured (Dec '06) 8 hr Alice 981
How to keep these mites out of your hair (Mar '10) 12 hr bugsheretoo 46
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 22 hr Thx Better Now 847
More from around the web