United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Thank you cba. Need encouragment.....very depressing situation. Mine has returned with a vengeance. The manuka seems to no longer be working. Are u completely cured now?
Mites

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

healed wrote:
Thank you cba. Need encouragment.....very depressing situation. Mine has returned with a vengeance. The manuka seems to no longer be working. Are u completely cured now?
Have you tired perm? What are your symptoms? How long were you itch free till you thought you were cured? This crap is very depressing keep fighting you will win
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I don't have the all over itchy-crawlies I think bc I keep a topical on at all times (manuka or clove oil or sulfur). But I am covered from neck to ankles with bites that are now small sores from scratching. The bites are in rows or shapes-- some "c"s, some circles, some horseshoes, etc. I had no bites for about 2 wks (ab a month ago) and thought the manuka cured me. Maybe the star anise was what helped. I don't know. I've had this 5 months now and can't hug my little child. But I'm workin on building my faith in God.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

The derm thought it was der matitis. Haven't used permeth for that reason and bc would be afraid to w so many open sores. A decade ago had this (or some mite) and tried permeth many times w no effect. What cured that time was 10% sulfer and iver for a couple months. That didn't work this time.
not sonew2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

healed wrote:
The derm thought it was der matitis. Haven't used permeth for that reason and bc would be afraid to w so many open sores. A decade ago had this (or some mite) and tried permeth many times w no effect. What cured that time was 10% sulfer and iver for a couple months. That didn't work this time.
is there something in your house or car that might be reinfecting/infesting you?

I think it's time to use the permethrin.:) If you are scratching alot, take some benydryl. Am not sure the open sores will get inflamed by the permethrin --maybe a tiny dab of petroleum jelly could help there, just a thought. Let's see what works best. God bless you too.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

If the dr won't precsribe I don't know. I have 1% permeth nix wash from over the counter but havent used it yet...figured that would be too weak and just might strengthen them. Had such a terrible reaction to the permeth a decade ago...madr them worse and seemed to effect my nervous system, gave my skin red and brown "beauty" marks that never went away. Also, i really am covered suddenly with open sores. Suddenly, today, feelin better n hopin the clove or manuka maybe did help that I kept on past few days...if the sores heal a bit I may try it. Used so much iver. Kind of concerned ab my liver/ kidneys. Also, 5 months of constant clove/ sulfur can't be good for them either. Is there a store where I could get 5% permeth wo a script?
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

By the 1st suddenly i meant in the last week and a half! The second suddenly was today.
Mitey-sad

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

not sonew2this wrote:
<quoted text>
is there something in your house or car that might be reinfecting/infesting you?
I think it's time to use the permethrin.:) If you are scratching alot, take some benydryl. Am not sure the open sores will get inflamed by the permethrin --maybe a tiny dab of petroleum jelly could help there, just a thought. Let's see what works best. God bless you too.
healed i agree with not so newtothis. Your prob should try perm. The longer you have it the worse off you will be. I know how much you miss you baby I miss my little one so much. I see her and all I want to do is hug and kiss her, but I don't.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

My cleaning regimen is insanely meticulous (i posted it above about a month ago). So i think its just me. No one else in the house has it. Same as last time.
Mitey-sad

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

If your in the US you need a script. If you know someone who lives in Central or South America they could mail it to you. It's only $10.00. I used the perm on my sores and it healed up nicely. I would just recommend, taking Epsom salt baths after you use the perm it will help heal your skin. You should try it even before you do the perm.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Well can i get it at a farm feed store or something? Mighty Sad, I'm sorry ur goin thru the same thing! How long for u? What have u tried?
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Oh...I don't know anyone there and I am in the US. Maybe I'll try the salt bath tonight.
Mitey-sad

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

healed wrote:
Well can i get it at a farm feed store or something? Mighty Sad, I'm sorry ur goin thru the same thing! How long for u? What have u tried?
I have read of people using perm from the feed store and diluting it. Though I believe it has petroleum in it, just check the ingredients. I have been going through this for a year. Though I was misdiagnosed for many months. I too have been so confused on if this is scabies or something else. I now think it might be canine mites. I am treating my dog, though the vet said she was fine. Though my dog was scratching all the time. She never lost hair so they said it wasn't mites. I read an article that canine mites are harder to kill. So I'm treating my dog with arm and hammer and peroxide and iver every 7 days. She's scratching a lot less. So exhausting trying to figure things out. Off to wash all the floors
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I've learned u can't trust the "experts" anymore. I think its a good idea to treat ur dog...if he's itching less the vet was probably wrong. I'm wondering if I have the canine ones, too. But I'm not itching to.ight and I am very happy bc at night I usually am. I'm going to remember to give God the credit this time bc I should. I prayed a lot this morning and I am learning I need to put more faith and trust in Him than in the natural if I want Him to answer! Yes, may we all be healed in Jesus' Name!!
noscabies

Redway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I have some 50% permethrin lotion, which is the standard, over-the-counter scabies treatment in australia. It really works. You can email me at noscabies@gmail.com, if you are interested. I suffered for years, tried every treatment on the blog, before finding this.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Wow...50% is the standard...that's high! Is that true! How many x did u have to apply? Did u dilute it?
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in ma. Psalm 118:8. This happens to be the center verse of the Bible.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

*man
An old friend who lives far away and doesn't even know what I'm going through right now just emailed this verse to me.
Mitey-sad

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

healed wrote:
I've learned u can't trust the "experts" anymore. I think its a good idea to treat ur dog...if he's itching less the vet was probably wrong. I'm wondering if I have the canine ones, too. But I'm not itching to.ight and I am very happy bc at night I usually am. I'm going to remember to give God the credit this time bc I should. I prayed a lot this morning and I am learning I need to put more faith and trust in Him than in the natural if I want Him to answer! Yes, may we all be healed in Jesus' Name!!
Do you have a dog? I know what you mean. I happy that I don't itch at night anymore and can fall asleep pretty fast and stay sleeping. You have to have faith that God will heal you. He's the best doctor around! Have a good night
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I have been using sulfur soap and aloe vera gel. I am no longer bothered by the scabies. I still have them I have not completely gotten rid of them, but they do not bother me. I just have to keep up the treatment for a while longer and hopefully it will be the last of them. At one point I ordered perm from mexico it was a little cheaper but it had formaldehyde in it, so be careful about where you get perm. Perm did not work for me. I think perm is kind of ridiculous because to think that you could cover yourself from head to toe with that crap and kill everyone of the scabies does not make sense, does not, work like that. Perm might work for crabs or lice but not scabies, not for most people. In short it is a waste of time and money. Sulfur soap is easy to use as is the aloe and aloe is very healing to the skin. If you have active scabies, I mean you can see the tracks the skin is red and raw, and you apply aloe gel to that area you will feel some discomfort but not much and not for long, but aloe does kill scabies. I do not think you can get rid of them completely just with aloe gel but it is a powerful weapon againest them. When I say aloe gel I mean pure organic aloe gel as pure as you can get it, not some goopy aloe that is sticky and gross, with lots of additives. Scabies hate aloe. Good luck whatever you decide to do

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

165 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 8 hr claire 611
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... 8 hr FRED 8
If you're desperate (Feb '12) 13 hr stevec 44
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) 20 hr ken 124
How I got Rid of Scabies Tue Danny 10
Post scabies treatment Jul 21 Young_Itchy 1
What are your symptoms? Jul 21 pretty crazy 19
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) Jul 20 William Marquis 524
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Jul 18 Jennifer 182