how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? its driving me mad...

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Comments (Page 167)

Showing posts 3,321 - 3,340 of4,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

YESSS_IM_CURED wrote:
<quoted text>
***REPOST!!***BECAUSE THESE STEPS CURED ME!!!!THANK U JENNY!!!!
Everyone follow these steps!!! I was cured overnight!!!
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-rid-scabies-11879...
This methode of treating scabies is the oldest most commonly and if I may say stupidist way of treating scabies as far as im concerned. It might have worked for you if it did great, but I tried it and I think it is useless and stupid. To think that you were cured overnight is ridiculous. I do not believe you, sorry I just dont.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

healed wrote:
Umathr, in my experience, the sulfer cream has to be applied everywhere (except my hair where I use DE) or they go to any spot that's left untreated. Are u doing that?
The problem I have with the sulfur cream is that you have to apply it and then work into the skin breaking the surface tension of the skin. With the ointment that will not be easy to do. I find the soap easier to use. They do make a sulfur shampoo, that might help. Lots of sulfur products on amazon. Good luck to you.
Reeree1991

Fairfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Ok this is gonna sound really bad.
My brother returned from Melbourne and brought back the scabies... My mum dad and bf also caught. The ONLY thing that seems to have worked is the constant daily washing of clothes bedding ect and bleach. Really would not advise anyone to do it as it burnt the crap outta me but it did work... Maybe a dilution would be more suitable.
I was going mad as to why I did this idiotic attempt..
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

I don't have a scalp problem really. I've had this 5 months and felt a little something there maybe 3 times (for like one evening each). So I use the DE there to prevent and because I can't use sulfer or essential oils there (have thick hair).
Umathr why do u think the soap is more easily absorbed by the skin than oils or cream? I would think it more likely to dry and flake off than seep in. Have u tried clove oil?
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Another thing i do for my scalp is use a powerful hot hair dryer on it every morning after I wash my hair and then i use a very hot flat iron on my hair.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

healed wrote:
Yes I bought aloe gel and used it one morning. I didn't have any itches that morning. But I added some sulfur cream later in the day when I did. Have you tried clove or anise oil?
I have tried different oils and I do not like them. But I have heard of them working for some people.
FRED

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

umathr wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried different oils and I do not like them. But I have heard of them working for some people.
You can keep treating your skin forever but the real problem is your internal health. You won't find resolution until you treat the actual cause.
not sonew2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Umathr how do you apply the DE to your scalp?

"Healed" how do you use an iron on your head?

Not sure if it's scabies but still have sensations on a partcular are of the front part of my head (not the back part that initially had all the burrows months ago)

ALSO wonder why I still get gunk and little specks coming out of this or that finder from time to time. Wonder if reinfection or lengthy cleaning out process of body.

Will try the Nu-stock sulfur treatment
not sonew2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Typo-- sorry. "Finger" not finder.

BTW sugar and caffeine seem to aggrave the remaining sensations I get in scalp-- could be the nervous system is damaged from treatment/condition or could be that mites eat that stuff and are having a party
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

not sonew2this wrote:
Not sure if it's scabies but still have sensations on a partcular are of the front part of my head (not the back part that initially had all the burrows months ago)
ALSO wonder why I still get gunk and little specks coming out of this or that finder from time to time. Wonder if reinfection or lengthy cleaning out process of body.
I would not apply DE externally I take it internally, food grade ofcourse. I tried external DE and I did not like it, it made my skin itch and I did not get any benefit. If I had scabies on my face which I have had, I would use aloe gel organic and sulfur soap, working the sulfur soap into the hairline and eyebrows. I found scabies on my face and head easy to get rid of. The scabies female lays her eggs under the skin but each female does this at a different time on a different day, so the eggs hatch and come to the surface of the skin at different times. So you might feel like you have got rid of them but in a week more scabies will come to the surface and you will feel the itch and it starts again. You must keep the treatment up for a while. Try taking antiparasitic herbs, I was thinking zinc might be very good to take, cayenne pepper, DE, aloe internally. Zinc is inexpensive and I have a feeling scabies might hate it. I am going to order the herbs and the Zinc and maybe the cayenne pepper, take lots of b vitamins scabies probably hate b vitamins. All of those things are good for you so. But I have gotten very good results with the sulfur soap and organic aloe gel also DE food grade internally. My problem I think, is that, I stop treating when the symptoms go away, but you can not do that you must keep the treatments up. Work the sulfur soap into the skin with a bath brush let dry.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

umathr wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried different oils and I do not like them. But I have heard of them working for some people.
If you use the sulfur cream try to really work it into the skin. Every day or so use the aloe gel. good luck.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

not sonew2this wrote:
Aloe gel organic works really well on your face and its harmless to humans its actually good for your skin.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

I just put the DE in a grated cheese glass shaker that i got at walmart (just like the kind u use at the pizza place to shake cheese on ur pizza). I shake it into my dry hair at night b4 bed.....i make parts throughout and shake then rub it in, then do the rest of my hair to ensure its saturated w the DE powder. Then i put it in a bun. Takes 2 min total. In the morning I was my hair (occasionally adding a tsp of dry mustard to the shampoo or a bit of borax. The flat iron u can buy next to the curling irons and hairdyers at walmart. They look like a curling iron but are flat. They're to straighten hair. Get the one that gets the hottest. Yes, the Nu-stock is strong so be careful. If you use it all over 1st dilute with a carrier oil to be sure its not too strong for you. You can spot treat full strength tho. I do for the worst areas. Remember, it may cause dermstitis if too strong, which can be confused with the mite problem. May our loving God heal you in Jesus' Name.
Eric

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Reading these posts makes me very sad. I went through my own personal hell with scabies in 2007. I had it all over, but for some reason it was worst on the tops of my feet (the rash from scratching I mean. I know mites don't burrow there). I had slept with a girl who revealed to me a few days later that she had scabies. A couple weeks after that, the itching began and I went through 6 months of denial (in the back of my mind I knew). Once all my roommates were infected, then after I moved out, my parents, I knew I had it. I remember during that time coming to this website and reading horror stories about how people just couldn't get rid of them. Nothing worked they said. I see people here resorting to all sorts of craziness, like ironing their skin or taking bleach baths.

When I finally went to a doctor, I was prescribed Permethrin, and was skeptical because I had heard on here that it did not work. But after applying the cream (as did my parents) and washing every piece of linen we could possibly wash, we started noticing a significant decrease in itching and about a month and a half later we were totally cured. I still itch when I think about scabies.

What I'm trying to say here is, sometimes the best and most effective remedy is the most obvious one. I'm not sure why Permethrin doesn't work for some people. But please, don't just read the horror stories on here and take them as truth. Go see a doc if you haven't yet and ask to try Permethrin because we had immediate success with it.
amanda

Chatham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

HappySun wrote:
<quoted text>Had for 3mos and now are down to 1-2spots.
We found one product helped the itch and the eruptions under control-from the Dermisil.com site the liquid 8 drops you put it in a bath for 20-30min, then you can put it on full strength for spot treatments. They also have a cream but it is very strong w/sulfer 10% but very helpful. We also make our own brews used in shower turn water off cover entire body head to toe leave on 5-10min or more babyshampoo no tears about just over a half cup add 4-8 drops neem oil (health food store about $8), TeaTreeOil4-6drops 100%(health food store about $8-10 they say you can get it at Walmart for $4-5), LavenderOil100% double to triple drops of neem, stir well put on entire body to every crack work into and under nails(important)finger & toes. We also painted ourselves between sulfer treatments when skin was too burned with a home made wash of essentially the same additives as w/the baby shampoo only replacing it with water and applying it to the body with a hair paint brush, another was replace the shampoo w/cocoa butter shea(suave body lotion)w/5-8-10% Flowers of sulpher(from compounding pharmacy $8) to help your skin between sulfer treatments wo the sulfur. Best help was limit the space you use in your hse, use air matress and hard surface areas avoid carpets. Use borax in laundry and sprinkle dry everywhere. Get vinyl pillow covers-put pillow in dryer on high for 30min ev day. Another home remedy we actualy picked up from a man treating his dog w/the mange which is a sarcoptic mite also. USe nitril gloves for laundry and treating one another wo fail. This is contagious if you don't treat it as contagious you will prolong the infestation. We learned the hard way not understanding what this mite is capable of surviving. Check the forum and pick & choose what fits BEST your situation. Best of luck to you in your battle w/the pesty mites.
This is actually very good. Things that you need to know:
the total cycle of the mite is 21 days. so if you bag anything up, dont' touch it for ATLEAST that.

There are different types of scabies. Depending on your situation will depend on how much you have to do. Encrusted scabies requires the most attention as it has hundreds or thousands of mite. the more mites you have, the harder it will be to get rid of. More mites, more eggs. More cleaning. Heat treat on hottest setting everything everyday in the dryer for 30m to 1hour. ie, bedding, clothing, towels, dish towels. Everything you touch.

Tea tree oil is more effective than permethrin(which is considered the most effective treatment in medical profesion.

Neem oil is A NATURAL insect repellent and insecticide, antispeptic, parasiticide, pediculocide.
Jenna235

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

YESSS_IM_CURED wrote:
<quoted text>
***REPOST!!***BECAUSE THESE STEPS CURED ME!!!!THANK U JENNY!!!!
Everyone follow these steps!!! I was cured overnight!!!
Thank you Jenny!! These steps worked great for me too and I was also cured overnight!!

Ryan

Graham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Itching will still last awhile after treatment. Be sure to wash everything. You can buy other creams ect to help ease itching. If all fails reuse medicine given by doctor. But like i said, itching will still be there after the mites die.
mark

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

ive had scabies for about 2 years now

i seem to have a mild case, maybe because i am young and relatively healthy so they dont get out of hand

i cant get rid of them though, ive tried permethrin cream and also tea tree oil baths

can anyone recommend any other remedies that are safe to try?

i live in canada and we can't get ivermectin here
mark

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

oh also ive tried dermisil which did nothing but make me smell like sulfur
Livedwithit

Aline, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Ok all, me and my 3 girls went through a scabies outbreak about 6 months ago. Fortunately we caught it right off the bat and I was able to get rid of it within 2-3 weeks. It was so emotionally depressing and really impacts your life so I would like to share with you how I was able to get rid of it. First of all, go to the doctor and get your permethrin. I am a firm believer in natural products and hated putting the poison on my small children as well as myself, but ANYTHING to get rid of those things. Take a SHOWER before you put the permethrin on. The shower is where it all starts. I first washed myself with flea and tick shampoo, yes, dog shampoo. And I scrubbed myself raw to make sure the permethrin in the dog shampoo (which is a very low dose) penetrated my pores. Secondly, BLEACH. Put bleach on a rag and scrub everywhere except your privates. Even a diluted form of it in your hair and scrub your scalp. Head and shoulders is a good shampoo to use with scabies. When you're finished, get out of the tub, dry yourself off and immediately spray the shower and shower curtains, sink, floor, ANYTHING YOU TOUCHED with a diluted bleach liquid. Immediately put that towel and your clothes in the washing machine. Wash all garments, bed sheets, everything in boiling hot water. If you have things you cannot wash or dry, pour boiling water ontop of them and sun dry or iron. After you've finished your shower and have put your soiled garments into the washer, cover your body in the permethrin, careful of your eyes and lips. The permethrin will kill the live scabies currently living on your body but it will not protect you from scabies that will invade your body later nor will it kill the eggs that are already on you that will hatch. YOU HAVE TO REPEAT THIS PROCESS DAILY UNTIL THEY ARE GONE. I went and bought peppermint oil, clove oil, and tea tree oil and made a mixture of all of these and water. There isn't a perfect solution so just mix a generous amount. I put about fifteen drops of each in a spray bottle and filled the rest with water and sprayed everything, EVERYTHING, even myself. I will warn you, this solution does burn your skin. And repeating the bleach, dog shampoo and the essential oils everyday did dry my skin out but I worried about that after the scabies were gone. Iron your bed sheets, pillowcases and clothes for everyone in your home. Make sure you do this before you wear anything and I went as far as ironing my bed sheets and pillow cases every single day. Steam clean your upholstery everyday. I didn't have a steam cleaner so I used the steamer on my iron for my couches, pillows and comforters. Realize it is not easy to do this everyday. I was exhausted but if you want them gone YOU HAVE TO DO IT. Bleach your sinks, bleach your floors, countertops and tub everyday. Use germex throughout the day all day long. Vacuum every room twice a day and do not allow your children to share anything with anyone. Spray the bleach solution on your matress and steam your matress with an upholstry steamer or the steamer on your iron as well. I can't stress enough how much the ironing, steaming, bleaching and the use of the essential oils really helped in ridding us of these things. I think the eggs incubate for three days before they hatch so if your putting the permethrin on our body for at least a week and doing all of the rest these steps to ensure you don't spread any, kill as many as you can and don't leave any behind, the permethrin should kill all the ones hatched on your body. Lastly, after I was sooo exhausted I thought I couldn't take it anymore, my husband (who oddly never got them throughout the whole process) put his hands on me and prayed that they would go away, and after all of that, I accomplished what seemed to be the impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,321 - 3,340 of4,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
My scabies story. (Sep '13) 2 hr sufferer 11
article: Doctors Report Super Scabies More Diff... (Jan '12) 4 hr lasvegaslasvegas 38
injectable ivermectim 5 hr wantmylifeback 23
Can scabies breathe underwater/swim? (Feb '09) 6 hr too itchy to think 51
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 10 hr Desperate4cure 438
What WORKS and MISCONCEPTIONS - My Story 11 hr sufferer 2
Scabies on the head (Mar '13) 16 hr sosadsodesperateinil 269
•••
•••
•••
•••