how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
healed

United States

#3523 Apr 24, 2013
Umathr have you ever tried sulfur creams? Just seems easier and more comfortable than having to use soap n lather up to let it dry on u n keep that on. Do u find it more effective or something? As to manuka, i just got more and am using during day n the nu-stock sulfur at night 50-50 with olive oil. I quit the ivermectin and am taking brewer's yeast. The iver did not help me. Did it every 4th day for nearly 2 months. Just weakened my immune system and made me lose 20 lbs. But it works for some. Manuka i'm not so sure about anymore. Maybe it was the star anise oil that killed them. The manuka is very good for healing the skin but it turns out it didnt cure me.:( It does help some types tho. So does iver. Just not mine. The Nu-stock seems to be helping a lot. My store is out of star anise oil. I still spot treat with clove oil. Seems the oils rub off or evaporate after a couple hrs so aren't lasting. But the nu-stock stays on til ur next shower.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3524 Apr 25, 2013
losing my sanity wrote:
I tried cortizone... didn't work! What helped me (after many rounds of perm--I keep getting reinfected) I bought borax and peroxide. Made a thick paste of it and applied it directly to the itchy bumps I got on my foot and when I woke up the itching was gone. I did leave it on overnight and It will come off. My itchy bumps haven't itched since I put the borax paste on and that was 5 days ago. Now, the all over body itch (without bumps) Idk .. can't help there. I made a paste for my legs and they still itch. Maybe my skin is dry from borax baths or maybe it's dead mites or mite poop irritating the skin...?
Cortizone is the worst thing you can do for scabies it makes them super scabies.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3525 Apr 25, 2013
healed wrote:
Umathr have you ever tried sulfur creams? Just seems easier and more comfortable than having to use soap n lather up to let it dry on u n keep that on. Do u find it more effective or something? As to manuka, i just got more and am using during day n the nu-stock sulfur at night 50-50 with olive oil. I quit the ivermectin and am taking brewer's yeast. The iver did not help me. Did it every 4th day for nearly 2 months. Just weakened my immune system and made me lose 20 lbs. But it works for some. Manuka i'm not so sure about anymore. Maybe it was the star anise oil that killed them. The manuka is very good for healing the skin but it turns out it didnt cure me.:( It does help some types tho. So does iver. Just not mine. The Nu-stock seems to be helping a lot. My store is out of star anise oil. I still spot treat with clove oil. Seems the oils rub off or evaporate after a couple hrs so aren't lasting. But the nu-stock stays on til ur next shower.
I have tried the sulfur cream and I made sulfur cream myself but I do find the sulfur soap more effective much more effective. It will harsh your skin a little but worry about that later. Also aloe gel helps. Last night I woke up around 2 AM and had some itching on my right leg of course it was scabies. I got up and ran some hot water lathered up some sulfur soap with a soft bristle nail brush and worked it into the effected areas, let dry went back to bed, the wind was howling so I closed all the windows first. That stopped the itching and if I keep up the treatment on a regular basis The scabies will be all killed. The problem is that when the symptoms stop I stop the treatment and the scabies come back. That happened to me twice in the last month. It is important to keep the treatments going keep using the soap after there is no sign of scabies for two or three weeks. Also I use aloe gel it drys after I put it on there is no sticky or greasy feeling, and scabies hate aloe gel the natural kind the organic kind for whatever works for you. But the sulfur cream or ointment I do not like as much as sulfur soap. I also take diatomaceous soil food grade and I am going to order some anti parasitic herbs like wormwood and start taking them. I was thinking about ordering cayenne pepper and taking that. Right now I am controlling the scabies with the sulfur soap and the aloe and maybe this time I will finish the job. Finally I do not think there is any reason for anyone to suffer to bad just spend a few dollars and get the sulfur soap work it into the skin and the suffering will at least go down to a manageable level then you can go on with the business of getting rid of them. Aloe is also good if you have scabies on your face dont forget your eyebrows. So anyway good luck.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3526 Apr 25, 2013
healed wrote:
Umathr have you ever tried sulfur creams? Just seems easier and more comfortable than having to use soap n lather up to let it dry on u n keep that on. Do u find it more effective or something? As to manuka, i just got more and am using during day n the nu-stock sulfur at night 50-50 with olive oil. I quit the ivermectin and am taking brewer's yeast. The iver did not help me. Did it every 4th day for nearly 2 months. Just weakened my immune system and made me lose 20 lbs. But it works for some. Manuka i'm not so sure about anymore. Maybe it was the star anise oil that killed them. The manuka is very good for healing the skin but it turns out it didnt cure me.:( It does help some types tho. So does iver. Just not mine. The Nu-stock seems to be helping a lot. My store is out of star anise oil. I still spot treat with clove oil. Seems the oils rub off or evaporate after a couple hrs so aren't lasting. But the nu-stock stays on til ur next shower.
Please try aloe gel it does not cost much and is worth a try. Get the organic aloe gel, or just use the plant, it might help.Remember the scabies are about the same size as a skin cell they can hide under skin cells they are also protected buy the surface tension on the skin which is strong. good luck and good hunting.
YESSS_IM_CURED

East Northport, NY

#3527 Apr 25, 2013
Jenny wrote:
this article gives great step by step instructions! get rid of scabies ONCE AND FOR ALL!
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-rid-scabies-11879...
***REPOST!!***BECAUSE THESE STEPS CURED ME!!!!THANK U JENNY!!!!

Everyone follow these steps!!! I was cured overnight!!!

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-rid-scabies-11879...
healed

United States

#3528 Apr 25, 2013
Yes I bought aloe gel and used it one morning. I didn't have any itches that morning. But I added some sulfur cream later in the day when I did. Have you tried clove or anise oil?
healed

United States

#3529 Apr 25, 2013
Umathr, in my experience, the sulfer cream has to be applied everywhere (except my hair where I use DE) or they go to any spot that's left untreated. Are u doing that?
healed

United States

#3530 Apr 25, 2013
Going to try to believe God for healing more. Because He forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases (Psalm 103:3). May He indeed heal all of us in The Name of Jesus.
Mites

Ardsley, NY

#3531 Apr 25, 2013
Healed do you have scabies on your scalp? Does the DE help?
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3532 Apr 26, 2013
YESSS_IM_CURED wrote:
<quoted text>
***REPOST!!***BECAUSE THESE STEPS CURED ME!!!!THANK U JENNY!!!!
Everyone follow these steps!!! I was cured overnight!!!
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-rid-scabies-11879...
This methode of treating scabies is the oldest most commonly and if I may say stupidist way of treating scabies as far as im concerned. It might have worked for you if it did great, but I tried it and I think it is useless and stupid. To think that you were cured overnight is ridiculous. I do not believe you, sorry I just dont.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3533 Apr 26, 2013
healed wrote:
Umathr, in my experience, the sulfer cream has to be applied everywhere (except my hair where I use DE) or they go to any spot that's left untreated. Are u doing that?
The problem I have with the sulfur cream is that you have to apply it and then work into the skin breaking the surface tension of the skin. With the ointment that will not be easy to do. I find the soap easier to use. They do make a sulfur shampoo, that might help. Lots of sulfur products on amazon. Good luck to you.
Reeree1991

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#3534 Apr 26, 2013
Ok this is gonna sound really bad.
My brother returned from Melbourne and brought back the scabies... My mum dad and bf also caught. The ONLY thing that seems to have worked is the constant daily washing of clothes bedding ect and bleach. Really would not advise anyone to do it as it burnt the crap outta me but it did work... Maybe a dilution would be more suitable.
I was going mad as to why I did this idiotic attempt..
healed

United States

#3535 Apr 26, 2013
I don't have a scalp problem really. I've had this 5 months and felt a little something there maybe 3 times (for like one evening each). So I use the DE there to prevent and because I can't use sulfer or essential oils there (have thick hair).
Umathr why do u think the soap is more easily absorbed by the skin than oils or cream? I would think it more likely to dry and flake off than seep in. Have u tried clove oil?
healed

United States

#3536 Apr 26, 2013
Another thing i do for my scalp is use a powerful hot hair dryer on it every morning after I wash my hair and then i use a very hot flat iron on my hair.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3537 Apr 26, 2013
healed wrote:
Yes I bought aloe gel and used it one morning. I didn't have any itches that morning. But I added some sulfur cream later in the day when I did. Have you tried clove or anise oil?
I have tried different oils and I do not like them. But I have heard of them working for some people.
FRED

Golden, CO

#3538 Apr 26, 2013
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried different oils and I do not like them. But I have heard of them working for some people.
You can keep treating your skin forever but the real problem is your internal health. You won't find resolution until you treat the actual cause.
not sonew2this

New York, NY

#3539 Apr 27, 2013
Umathr how do you apply the DE to your scalp?

"Healed" how do you use an iron on your head?

Not sure if it's scabies but still have sensations on a partcular are of the front part of my head (not the back part that initially had all the burrows months ago)

ALSO wonder why I still get gunk and little specks coming out of this or that finder from time to time. Wonder if reinfection or lengthy cleaning out process of body.

Will try the Nu-stock sulfur treatment
not sonew2this

New York, NY

#3540 Apr 27, 2013
Typo-- sorry. "Finger" not finder.

BTW sugar and caffeine seem to aggrave the remaining sensations I get in scalp-- could be the nervous system is damaged from treatment/condition or could be that mites eat that stuff and are having a party
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3541 Apr 27, 2013
not sonew2this wrote:
Umathr how do you apply the DE to your scalp?
"Healed" how do you use an iron on your head?
Not sure if it's scabies but still have sensations on a partcular are of the front part of my head (not the back part that initially had all the burrows months ago)
ALSO wonder why I still get gunk and little specks coming out of this or that finder from time to time. Wonder if reinfection or lengthy cleaning out process of body.
Will try the Nu-stock sulfur treatment
I would not apply DE externally I take it internally, food grade ofcourse. I tried external DE and I did not like it, it made my skin itch and I did not get any benefit. If I had scabies on my face which I have had, I would use aloe gel organic and sulfur soap, working the sulfur soap into the hairline and eyebrows. I found scabies on my face and head easy to get rid of. The scabies female lays her eggs under the skin but each female does this at a different time on a different day, so the eggs hatch and come to the surface of the skin at different times. So you might feel like you have got rid of them but in a week more scabies will come to the surface and you will feel the itch and it starts again. You must keep the treatment up for a while. Try taking antiparasitic herbs, I was thinking zinc might be very good to take, cayenne pepper, DE, aloe internally. Zinc is inexpensive and I have a feeling scabies might hate it. I am going to order the herbs and the Zinc and maybe the cayenne pepper, take lots of b vitamins scabies probably hate b vitamins. All of those things are good for you so. But I have gotten very good results with the sulfur soap and organic aloe gel also DE food grade internally. My problem I think, is that, I stop treating when the symptoms go away, but you can not do that you must keep the treatments up. Work the sulfur soap into the skin with a bath brush let dry.
umathr

Macomb, MI

#3542 Apr 27, 2013
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried different oils and I do not like them. But I have heard of them working for some people.
If you use the sulfur cream try to really work it into the skin. Every day or so use the aloe gel. good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I don't think it's scabies 12 hr petslug 13
Completely Cured (May '10) 12 hr petslug 61
Mites I think I need help with idenfying what i... 19 hr marvinmo 2
Borax vs DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (Dec '10) Sat Jfizer 24
My wonderful life with mites Sat Aas 2
where does YOUR scabies come from? (Feb '09) Sat Susie 92
going crazy with scabies (Jan '07) Fri Tom 87
More from around the web