new2this

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

In case no one answered-- yes you should change your sheets and clothes every day-- depending on how severe your case is, keep doing it until you feel the problem is over. As far as tea tree oil -- though permethrin lotion is stronger-- you do need to cover your whole body. Some of us found it very important to cover the scalp as well. It depends how severe but covering only the affected areas will just encourage it to spread.

When a body is infested it really does take time to get all the bad stuff out. I am one of those who say that ivermectin (pills or paste) is essential. But every case is different. Good that you are seriously confronting this problem... maybe the old Ukrainian babushkas have some remedies you can share with us as well!(though we hope mites have not become resistant to them!)
Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the tip) should I change my bed every day? I can change every fourth day? Should I smear the whole body tea tree? or only in places sores?
CUREDbypatience

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with scabies in the third week of February. This was very difficult for me, and being on this site almost drove me crazy. However, I treated twice according to the instructions of my doctor, with ivermectin and permethrin, a week apart, and I was cured. I did the treatment according to instructions and lived in an almost sterile environments for 2-3 weeks—I initially cleaned my entire room from top to bottom and then continued cleaning bedding and clothes daily. This all lead to my cure. I still get red bumps, even 5 weeks after the treatment, but I'm not itchy and they go away within a couple days.

Don't get me wrong. It was very difficult to accept, and I still obsessively check myself, but I am cured.

Don't let yourself be psyched out especially by these message boards. Listen to your doctor. Follow the prescription, and don't do crazy stuff and overtreat. I still have scars for things I did that weren't part of the treatment, and those are the only scars I have from the experience.

Overtreating leads to you thinking you still have the mites when in reality, it's just all the crazy crap you're putting on your body/into your body/on your skin/in your skin. Respect your doctor's education and respect your own body. I know it's hard to resist using more of the medicine than prescribed but do it! It will all work out! I promise.

I wish you best of luck and mental peace. I know this is a very difficult fight mentally and physically, and that the toll on your emotional and mental state is exhausting, but if you just listen to the medical professionals, you will be ok. Good luck, warriors.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you again! tell me please what is the DE?
Diatomaceous Earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_ear...
lilacs

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Tee tree oil only takes away the itch but doesn't kill the mites....but it can kill your cat, so don't use tee tree oil near your cats. Clove oil will kill eggs to stop cycle....but also toxic to cats so keep them away from you.
new2this

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

While the sensible tone and rational approach is much needed, I do think that each case is unique and unfortunately some of us have much more entrenched cases, or perhaps some unidentified source of mites--like rodents- that keeps cases going longer. The sensation of things running around inside you may or may not be mites. But when you see small black mites emerging after treatment after months of repeated treatment, it is hard to think it's just the skin and nervous system adjusting.

I suspect that some of the treatment that people are trying must have some negative impact, and very much agree "Dont overtreat." But I think we have to really monitor our own treatment by what we see and not by what someone tells us about how scabies should be behaving.

Keep alert, keep clean, keep well... I hope and pray you are all healed
CUREDbypatience wrote:
Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with scabies in the third week of February. This was very difficult for me, and being on this site almost drove me crazy. However, I treated twice according to the instructions of my doctor, with ivermectin and permethrin, a week apart, and I was cured. I did the treatment according to instructions and lived in an almost sterile environments for 2-3 weeks—I initially cleaned my entire room from top to bottom and then continued cleaning bedding and clothes daily. This all lead to my cure. I still get red bumps, even 5 weeks after the treatment, but I'm not itchy and they go away within a couple days.
Don't get me wrong. It was very difficult to accept, and I still obsessively check myself, but I am cured.
Don't let yourself be psyched out especially by these message boards. Listen to your doctor. Follow the prescription, and don't do crazy stuff and overtreat. I still have scars for things I did that weren't part of the treatment, and those are the only scars I have from the experience.
Overtreating leads to you thinking you still have the mites when in reality, it's just all the crazy crap you're putting on your body/into your body/on your skin/in your skin. Respect your doctor's education and respect your own body. I know it's hard to resist using more of the medicine than prescribed but do it! It will all work out! I promise.
I wish you best of luck and mental peace. I know this is a very difficult fight mentally and physically, and that the toll on your emotional and mental state is exhausting, but if you just listen to the medical professionals, you will be ok. Good luck, warriors.
umathr

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

new2this wrote:
While the sensible tone and rational approach is much needed, I do think that each case is unique and unfortunately some of us have much more entrenched cases, or perhaps some unidentified source of mites--like rodents- that keeps cases going longer. The sensation of things running around inside you may or may not be mites. But when you see small black mites emerging after treatment after months of repeated treatment, it is hard to think it's just the skin and nervous system adjusting.
I suspect that some of the treatment that people are trying must have some negative impact, and very much agree "Dont overtreat." But I think we have to really monitor our own treatment by what we see and not by what someone tells us about how scabies should be behaving.
Keep alert, keep clean, keep well... I hope and pray you are all healed
<quoted text>
I was disagreeing with cured by patience and what they said about listening to your doctor I do not think doctors know anything about scabies. good luck to all
umathr

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I have been using sulfur soap and aloe vera gel. I have found that this combination does work. It takes time but it works. The scabies live under the surface tension of the skin they are about the same size as a skin cell and they can and do hide under skin cells, when attacked. Of course the female burrows under the skin to give birth. That is why they are so tough, first the surface tension on the skin protects them, also they can hide under individual skin cells if they have to. That is why it is important to work what ever you are using like sulfur soap into the skin let dry. Sulfur soap and aloe gel organic are inexpensive. good luck. Also you might try a baking soda spray for the couch and bedding do not use too much baking soda because you will clog the sprayer you might add some peppermint oil or some other oil maybe even citrinella. This baking soda solution will make life very hard on scabies off your body and it is non toxic.
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

new2this wrote:
In case no one answered-- yes you should change your sheets and clothes every day-- depending on how severe your case is, keep doing it until you feel the problem is over. As far as tea tree oil -- though permethrin lotion is stronger-- you do need to cover your whole body. Some of us found it very important to cover the scalp as well. It depends how severe but covering only the affected areas will just encourage it to spread.
When a body is infested it really does take time to get all the bad stuff out. I am one of those who say that ivermectin (pills or paste) is essential. But every case is different. Good that you are seriously confronting this problem... maybe the old Ukrainian babushkas have some remedies you can share with us as well!(though we hope mites have not become resistant to them!)
<quoted text>
in my country, too bad scabies treated as your country. We have a lot of patients. but we have the advantage that we can buy any drugs without a prescription and without doctors. doctors are bad. they just want us to give money.

in our country have this recipe: Lard - 1 tbsp. l., laundry soap, grated - 1 tbsp. l., sulfur - 2 tsp., birch tar - 1 tsp. mix. there are people who are cured by this remedy.

If you do not understand what I wrote, I'm sorry, your language unfamiliar to me. ask me again. I learn your language and when I will speak as well as you.
million best wishes to you. Get well!
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

I incorrectly wrote. Our doctors want to just take our money and do not want to treat us.
umathr

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
in my country, too bad scabies treated as your country. We have a lot of patients. but we have the advantage that we can buy any drugs without a prescription and without doctors. doctors are bad. they just want us to give money.
in our country have this recipe: Lard - 1 tbsp. l., laundry soap, grated - 1 tbsp. l., sulfur - 2 tsp., birch tar - 1 tsp. mix. there are people who are cured by this remedy.
If you do not understand what I wrote, I'm sorry, your language unfamiliar to me. ask me again. I learn your language and when I will speak as well as you.
million best wishes to you. Get well!
That sounds like it might work, thank you.
Syracuse from Syracuse

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

What is birch tar? Is it a liquid, a soap, or is it a powder?
Thank you!
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Syracuse from Syracuse wrote:
What is birch tar? Is it a liquid, a soap, or is it a powder?
Thank you!
In appearance - a thick, oily liquid is non-adhesive black
Ladybugs

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Unmathr what brand of aloe vera do you use? Do you use the aloe vera and sulfur together? Do you notice tiny marks after using these products? Thanks so much!
umathr

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Ladybugs wrote:
Unmathr what brand of aloe vera do you use? Do you use the aloe vera and sulfur together? Do you notice tiny marks after using these products? Thanks so much!
I use organic aloe vera gel you can get it online or your local health food store? After I take a bath or anytime really you can apply the sulfur soap work it into the skin let dry. In between applications of the sulfur soap apply the aloe, the soap may still be on there thats ok. It seems that the combination of sulfur soap and aloe really does work. I noticed the power of aloe when the scabies were at there worst, when I had a rash in 2 or 3 places on my legs it was like acid to them and it burned me a bit it hurt really. I have not noticed any black dots I have never seen a scabies although I have felt them moving on my face but that was awhile ago. The thing is when I begin to get better I relax and when I relax they come back on me so I have to remain diligent but its so hard I get tired and I just want to rest to sleep but I have the cure aloe and sulfur soap its a one two punch. You might use sulfur only for two days then use aloe for a day its really up to you. good luck to all. I use Lily of the valley organic aloe. You can get it at piping rock vitamins for a reasonable price, but there are many places you can get it or if you have the plant use that. good luck
umathr

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Ladybugs wrote:
I thought you said black dots you said tiny marks sorry no marks really just a burning sensation when I apply the aloe if the skin is raw.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Hey everyone. Wanted to say manuka works but if I had it to do over I would buy the oil and not the whole packet because the cream and the soap in the packet wete great for healing skun and all but it s only the oul that kills it. And you need to use it much more and libger than they advise...at least for me. And it cists a lot so judt use that extra money to but more bottles of the oil. You can get it on other websites, too, even on amazon for much cheaper I now see, make sure it is the manuka oil from the east cape fear region of new zealand. It is safe and confortable and effective. I also used star anise oil and clove to spot treat because it's cheaper. But unlike manuka, it burns.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Sorry for all the typos! Phone got damaged from cleaning it too much!! Anyway...the point is, get the east cape manuka oil not the whole packet...and get a lot and use longer than manuka natural suggest. Great product. Can get cheaper elsewhere, too.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Sorry manuka natural! I appreciate you because your product is great and works and helped me so much BUT I wasted my 1st packet by following your directions to only use 2 nights then wait 7-10 days etc...n also wasted it by following your directions to use the oil only on rashes and cream (much weaker...mostly tea tree), on rest of body. For me, that made them run to the cream area and infest. And the packet was expensive. I learned on my own that covering whole body with the oil, day and night, for days, worked GREAT with no side effects, burning, stinging, poisoning, etc etc. So great product but only the manuka oil in the packet was effective for me and it had to be used more.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The one I used that really worked had 10% manuka oil and 5% tea tree oil and the rest was almond oil. From manuka natural. Or you can buy the pure cape fear manuka oil from new zealand from either their website or another, like amazon, and mix it with your own tea tree and al carrier oil.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

To their credit, also, besides being a safe and comfortable cure, using their product has given me very beautiful skin...prettier than before the nightmare began. And during it I never thought I'd have nice skin again, it was so damaged.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

162 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 1 hr Joanne 450
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 1 hr FRED 881
2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease (May '12) 6 hr FRED 23
Picture and video of scabies 17 hr Cody Oebel 2
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 17 hr Cody Oebel 6
ivermectin rash, help! Mon Tucson girl 19
dead sea salt (Feb '12) Mon Tucson girl 19
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) Mon skt1970 130
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245