healed

United States

#3425 Apr 5, 2013
Also, the DE doesn't absorb into the skin like oil and creams do...it rubs right off. Has it completely cured you?
lilacs

Markham, Canada

#3426 Apr 6, 2013
Permethrin made It worse for me....not strong enough to kill them. just made them run to other parts of my body that were harder to treat. Ivermectin is effective to get over a big hump but will not kill unhatched eggs. I ended up throwing away all clothes and beds and linens, used paper towel and disposable vinyl table cloths to sleep on. What really worked was 25% clove oil mixed with 75% coconut oil. Spread on from scalp to toes and leave on naked for days...keep re-applying and don't rub off with clothing. No new rashes and takes away itch....in addition to black specks coming out of skin, you will see yellowish crystals coming out of skin...I think this is eggs or the casing. Not fun, but works. I think 2 weeks of treatment should work for most. If you still feel pin pricks or pins and needles, keep applying. Spray everthing with Lysol and ammonia and treat house and pets and car. I sprayed tiles and most surfaces with bleach water.
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#3427 Apr 6, 2013
healed wrote:
Thank you. I showered every morning and every night. Washing hands is good. I put DE on hands ans also kept latex gloves on at home and changed the gloves often. I don't know if the ivermectin washes off. If you eat it I don't think so. I always took it right after my night shower. I found that trying not to shower made matters worse.
Thank you again! tell me please what is the DE?
new2this

New York, NY

#3428 Apr 6, 2013
healed wrote:
But the manuka stuff was very safe and, I believe, effective if you get enough and use it more than they suggest..like a whole week with breaks using something else like star anise oil or diluted clove or something so u don't use up the manuka too quick. Must keep environment disinfected whole time, too. Boil brushes, spray carseats and belts with ammonia, freeze keys, purse, shoes etc. I even boiled my eyeglasses daily.
lol if it's daily I think spraying cheap permethrin on glasses and then washing them may be safer than boiling them -- dont know-- but I ruined a cell phone by spraying it too much and almost melted two credit cards in the oven!

Agree about freezing shoes though.... not boiling them!

I have noticed that some of us with severe cases have a great reduction at some point (God willng) but some small surviving problem at least for a while. If this represents deep tissue infestation or resistant mites I could not say. If there are any doctors or researchers reading this now or in future, and not simply thinking we are delusional, I would say that I do not think this is simply post scabies, though some of the skin sensations may be. I would suggest that a small scale infestation MAY persist and require a few more months treatment/management. My sense is that during this time danger of spreading it is minimal. But public health people have not seriously grappled with the impact of this condition and treat it as if it is done in a few days (as it can be if identified & treated early).
new2this

New York, NY

#3429 Apr 6, 2013
How do you make DE stay on the skin? Just dry?
Also I dont want to inhale it so have avoided putting it on esp hair or sheets (at least since I tried it one and it irritated my lungs).

One other, possibly related product is a soap I found somewhere (a 99 cent store) called Boraxo-- it is drying but I have found it effective. Just one more tool for the arsenal. I think it is good to have more than one tool and these are low cost.(However I am pretty sure that ivermectin is necessary for many of us, at least once or twice)
schemedream wrote:
The DE alone works! Friends, I posted last week about this, but after my second week of doing it, I wanted to let you know that using just DE powder has eliminated all bites, scratches and itching, better than anything else I tried!
Using oil and the DE actually makes the DE less effective. Just keep a layer of DE on your skin all the time and the mites will die off. Pros about the DE:
1. the mites can't sense that it is toxic for them so they won't avoid it.
2. they can't build up a resistance to it.
3. it is cheap
4. it is easy!
Remember to put it in your sheets as well as on your body and in your shoes, slippers, etc. I also rubbed it in my scalp each night.
Please try it for a few weeks before you go crazy buying a bunch of other things. Yes, it does make your skin dry but isn't it worth it to get rid of them?
Please post if you find this effective as we owe it to everyone on these forums to spread cheap, easy, effective non toxic solutions.
Take care.
new2this

New York, NY

#3430 Apr 6, 2013
You can dilute the tea tree oil --I use mineral oil but others may prefer coconut. What ever is finest -- see what works. Dont dilute too much but the studies I read indicate a 10 or 15 percent dilution should be effective-- just leave it on. And I must agree that sulfur coap is anotehr tool but 10 percent -- and if you use permethrin or other chemicals they need to be strong ehough. Bug spray is not strong ehough and medicine for lice is not strong enough!
Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the tip) should I change my bed every day? I can change every fourth day? Should I smear the whole body tea tree? or only in places sores?
new2this

New York, NY

#3431 Apr 6, 2013
In case no one answered-- yes you should change your sheets and clothes every day-- depending on how severe your case is, keep doing it until you feel the problem is over. As far as tea tree oil -- though permethrin lotion is stronger-- you do need to cover your whole body. Some of us found it very important to cover the scalp as well. It depends how severe but covering only the affected areas will just encourage it to spread.

When a body is infested it really does take time to get all the bad stuff out. I am one of those who say that ivermectin (pills or paste) is essential. But every case is different. Good that you are seriously confronting this problem... maybe the old Ukrainian babushkas have some remedies you can share with us as well!(though we hope mites have not become resistant to them!)
Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the tip) should I change my bed every day? I can change every fourth day? Should I smear the whole body tea tree? or only in places sores?
CUREDbypatience

Saint Louis, MO

#3432 Apr 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with scabies in the third week of February. This was very difficult for me, and being on this site almost drove me crazy. However, I treated twice according to the instructions of my doctor, with ivermectin and permethrin, a week apart, and I was cured. I did the treatment according to instructions and lived in an almost sterile environments for 2-3 weeks—I initially cleaned my entire room from top to bottom and then continued cleaning bedding and clothes daily. This all lead to my cure. I still get red bumps, even 5 weeks after the treatment, but I'm not itchy and they go away within a couple days.

Don't get me wrong. It was very difficult to accept, and I still obsessively check myself, but I am cured.

Don't let yourself be psyched out especially by these message boards. Listen to your doctor. Follow the prescription, and don't do crazy stuff and overtreat. I still have scars for things I did that weren't part of the treatment, and those are the only scars I have from the experience.

Overtreating leads to you thinking you still have the mites when in reality, it's just all the crazy crap you're putting on your body/into your body/on your skin/in your skin. Respect your doctor's education and respect your own body. I know it's hard to resist using more of the medicine than prescribed but do it! It will all work out! I promise.

I wish you best of luck and mental peace. I know this is a very difficult fight mentally and physically, and that the toll on your emotional and mental state is exhausting, but if you just listen to the medical professionals, you will be ok. Good luck, warriors.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3433 Apr 6, 2013
Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you again! tell me please what is the DE?
Diatomaceous Earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_ear...
lilacs

Markham, Canada

#3434 Apr 7, 2013
Tee tree oil only takes away the itch but doesn't kill the mites....but it can kill your cat, so don't use tee tree oil near your cats. Clove oil will kill eggs to stop cycle....but also toxic to cats so keep them away from you.
new2this

New York, NY

#3435 Apr 7, 2013
While the sensible tone and rational approach is much needed, I do think that each case is unique and unfortunately some of us have much more entrenched cases, or perhaps some unidentified source of mites--like rodents- that keeps cases going longer. The sensation of things running around inside you may or may not be mites. But when you see small black mites emerging after treatment after months of repeated treatment, it is hard to think it's just the skin and nervous system adjusting.

I suspect that some of the treatment that people are trying must have some negative impact, and very much agree "Dont overtreat." But I think we have to really monitor our own treatment by what we see and not by what someone tells us about how scabies should be behaving.

Keep alert, keep clean, keep well... I hope and pray you are all healed
CUREDbypatience wrote:
Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with scabies in the third week of February. This was very difficult for me, and being on this site almost drove me crazy. However, I treated twice according to the instructions of my doctor, with ivermectin and permethrin, a week apart, and I was cured. I did the treatment according to instructions and lived in an almost sterile environments for 2-3 weeks—I initially cleaned my entire room from top to bottom and then continued cleaning bedding and clothes daily. This all lead to my cure. I still get red bumps, even 5 weeks after the treatment, but I'm not itchy and they go away within a couple days.
Don't get me wrong. It was very difficult to accept, and I still obsessively check myself, but I am cured.
Don't let yourself be psyched out especially by these message boards. Listen to your doctor. Follow the prescription, and don't do crazy stuff and overtreat. I still have scars for things I did that weren't part of the treatment, and those are the only scars I have from the experience.
Overtreating leads to you thinking you still have the mites when in reality, it's just all the crazy crap you're putting on your body/into your body/on your skin/in your skin. Respect your doctor's education and respect your own body. I know it's hard to resist using more of the medicine than prescribed but do it! It will all work out! I promise.
I wish you best of luck and mental peace. I know this is a very difficult fight mentally and physically, and that the toll on your emotional and mental state is exhausting, but if you just listen to the medical professionals, you will be ok. Good luck, warriors.
umathr

Silver Spring, MD

#3436 Apr 8, 2013
new2this wrote:
While the sensible tone and rational approach is much needed, I do think that each case is unique and unfortunately some of us have much more entrenched cases, or perhaps some unidentified source of mites--like rodents- that keeps cases going longer. The sensation of things running around inside you may or may not be mites. But when you see small black mites emerging after treatment after months of repeated treatment, it is hard to think it's just the skin and nervous system adjusting.
I suspect that some of the treatment that people are trying must have some negative impact, and very much agree "Dont overtreat." But I think we have to really monitor our own treatment by what we see and not by what someone tells us about how scabies should be behaving.
Keep alert, keep clean, keep well... I hope and pray you are all healed
<quoted text>
I was disagreeing with cured by patience and what they said about listening to your doctor I do not think doctors know anything about scabies. good luck to all
umathr

Silver Spring, MD

#3437 Apr 8, 2013
I have been using sulfur soap and aloe vera gel. I have found that this combination does work. It takes time but it works. The scabies live under the surface tension of the skin they are about the same size as a skin cell and they can and do hide under skin cells, when attacked. Of course the female burrows under the skin to give birth. That is why they are so tough, first the surface tension on the skin protects them, also they can hide under individual skin cells if they have to. That is why it is important to work what ever you are using like sulfur soap into the skin let dry. Sulfur soap and aloe gel organic are inexpensive. good luck. Also you might try a baking soda spray for the couch and bedding do not use too much baking soda because you will clog the sprayer you might add some peppermint oil or some other oil maybe even citrinella. This baking soda solution will make life very hard on scabies off your body and it is non toxic.
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#3438 Apr 8, 2013
new2this wrote:
In case no one answered-- yes you should change your sheets and clothes every day-- depending on how severe your case is, keep doing it until you feel the problem is over. As far as tea tree oil -- though permethrin lotion is stronger-- you do need to cover your whole body. Some of us found it very important to cover the scalp as well. It depends how severe but covering only the affected areas will just encourage it to spread.
When a body is infested it really does take time to get all the bad stuff out. I am one of those who say that ivermectin (pills or paste) is essential. But every case is different. Good that you are seriously confronting this problem... maybe the old Ukrainian babushkas have some remedies you can share with us as well!(though we hope mites have not become resistant to them!)
<quoted text>
in my country, too bad scabies treated as your country. We have a lot of patients. but we have the advantage that we can buy any drugs without a prescription and without doctors. doctors are bad. they just want us to give money.

in our country have this recipe: Lard - 1 tbsp. l., laundry soap, grated - 1 tbsp. l., sulfur - 2 tsp., birch tar - 1 tsp. mix. there are people who are cured by this remedy.

If you do not understand what I wrote, I'm sorry, your language unfamiliar to me. ask me again. I learn your language and when I will speak as well as you.
million best wishes to you. Get well!
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#3439 Apr 8, 2013
I incorrectly wrote. Our doctors want to just take our money and do not want to treat us.
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3440 Apr 8, 2013
Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
in my country, too bad scabies treated as your country. We have a lot of patients. but we have the advantage that we can buy any drugs without a prescription and without doctors. doctors are bad. they just want us to give money.
in our country have this recipe: Lard - 1 tbsp. l., laundry soap, grated - 1 tbsp. l., sulfur - 2 tsp., birch tar - 1 tsp. mix. there are people who are cured by this remedy.
If you do not understand what I wrote, I'm sorry, your language unfamiliar to me. ask me again. I learn your language and when I will speak as well as you.
million best wishes to you. Get well!
That sounds like it might work, thank you.
Syracuse from Syracuse

Camillus, NY

#3441 Apr 8, 2013
What is birch tar? Is it a liquid, a soap, or is it a powder?
Thank you!
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#3442 Apr 9, 2013
Syracuse from Syracuse wrote:
What is birch tar? Is it a liquid, a soap, or is it a powder?
Thank you!
In appearance - a thick, oily liquid is non-adhesive black
Ladybugs

Wayne, NJ

#3443 Apr 9, 2013
Unmathr what brand of aloe vera do you use? Do you use the aloe vera and sulfur together? Do you notice tiny marks after using these products? Thanks so much!
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3444 Apr 10, 2013
Ladybugs wrote:
Unmathr what brand of aloe vera do you use? Do you use the aloe vera and sulfur together? Do you notice tiny marks after using these products? Thanks so much!
I use organic aloe vera gel you can get it online or your local health food store? After I take a bath or anytime really you can apply the sulfur soap work it into the skin let dry. In between applications of the sulfur soap apply the aloe, the soap may still be on there thats ok. It seems that the combination of sulfur soap and aloe really does work. I noticed the power of aloe when the scabies were at there worst, when I had a rash in 2 or 3 places on my legs it was like acid to them and it burned me a bit it hurt really. I have not noticed any black dots I have never seen a scabies although I have felt them moving on my face but that was awhile ago. The thing is when I begin to get better I relax and when I relax they come back on me so I have to remain diligent but its so hard I get tired and I just want to rest to sleep but I have the cure aloe and sulfur soap its a one two punch. You might use sulfur only for two days then use aloe for a day its really up to you. good luck to all. I use Lily of the valley organic aloe. You can get it at piping rock vitamins for a reasonable price, but there are many places you can get it or if you have the plant use that. good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 26 min Bill 1,203
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 5 hr lele42 193
FACEBOOK page for SCABIES 16 hr The Dude 1
HORROR VIDEO of scabies 16 hr Dude 3
ScabiesBGone is back in action ! CURE SCABIES I... 16 hr Dude 11
Progress' Scabies Forum (Aug '07) 21 hr at last 547
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines Wed Scratches 35
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mar 20 Gerald 679
More from around the web