how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? its driving me mad...

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Comments (Page 161)

Showing posts 3,201 - 3,220 of4,085
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Yo Yo wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you are in the website, try to actually order something from it. Where to order? click on the link up top and it takes you straight to another website that has nothing to do with any sulphur products. The only way to order is by actually writing to the address down below. That's cool, though. I'm done talking about your link. You will not hear a peep from me about it anymore. You got too much attention already from me. Anyway, I realize that you are only trying to talk about what is working for you and that's cool. Any help from personal experience is always welcome on this forum.:-)
Have a really nice day.
Oh, by the way, manuka oil will not cure, either. so, don't even try.
ok I did click on and your right my bad, go to sulfursoap.com and you will be able to order the 8 pack. Or just google sulfur soap and take your pick. good luck
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I'd been using the sulfer soap twice/day to shower for months, then putting the sulfer ointment all over me day and night with an occasional break and it kept it from getting totally out of control. For 3-4 months. But it didn't cure me. Maybe it's a different strain or my immune system is weak.
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

healed wrote:
To Ukraine: u can order ivermectin horse paste over the internet or buy at a farm feed store. Very cheap. But I had to use it every 4th day for a month. You eat it...the amount for your weight (but I used double). But u have to keep yourself and bed, home, clothes, etc clean whole time! Also have to use something on your skin...I used manuka oil ordered from manukanatural.Consult and other days, star anise oil. These oils were the only thing that worked. It takes about a week.
thanks for the tip) should I change my bed every day? I can change every fourth day? Should I smear the whole body tea tree? or only in places sores?
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

I changed mine every day and washed in hot water with detergent, ammonia and borax and dried on high heat 2 hrs. I only used 1 big blanket and folded it over like a sleeping bag. Encased my mattress and boxspring with plastic covers and wiped down daily with windex. Also plastic encased pillow...washed cases daily. Didn't use sheets. Smear worst areas of your body with less diluted oil and the other areas can be diluted some. The more diluted, the less effective. But the less diluted, more it stings. I used manuka oil and other day, star anise oil. It worked and nothing else did. I stayed covered in one or the other. DE in hair at night. Hot hair dryer on scalp in morning after shower then hot flat iron thru hair. Then vacuum n mop bathroom good. Also did double dose horse paste for a month.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Oh, and prayed constantly! Listened to healing scriptures cd and praise and worship music...sang along. Big help.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

What I did was a little extreme and I don't know if it's safe for everyone...esp the undiluted anise oil and the double dose horse paste. But nothing else was working and I was getting worse...big sores on back. I have a family and didn't want to infect them. So that's why I did it.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

But the manuka stuff was very safe and, I believe, effective if you get enough and use it more than they suggest..like a whole week with breaks using something else like star anise oil or diluted clove or something so u don't use up the manuka too quick. Must keep environment disinfected whole time, too. Boil brushes, spray carseats and belts with ammonia, freeze keys, purse, shoes etc. I even boiled my eyeglasses daily.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

I also took milk thistle, vit c, lots of water and vegetables daily to protect my liver from the ivermectin.
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

healed wrote:
I changed mine every day and washed in hot water with detergent, ammonia and borax and dried on high heat 2 hrs. I only used 1 big blanket and folded it over like a sleeping bag. Encased my mattress and boxspring with plastic covers and wiped down daily with windex. Also plastic encased pillow...washed cases daily. Didn't use sheets. Smear worst areas of your body with less diluted oil and the other areas can be diluted some. The more diluted, the less effective. But the less diluted, more it stings. I used manuka oil and other day, star anise oil. It worked and nothing else did. I stayed covered in one or the other. DE in hair at night. Hot hair dryer on scalp in morning after shower then hot flat iron thru hair. Then vacuum n mop bathroom good. Also did double dose horse paste for a month.
you are a very kind person because help me. thanks a lot. please tell me, do you bathe the body? every day? Can I wash my hands? Can Ivermectin wash out from under the skin?
best wishes to you
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Thank you. I showered every morning and every night. Washing hands is good. I put DE on hands ans also kept latex gloves on at home and changed the gloves often. I don't know if the ivermectin washes off. If you eat it I don't think so. I always took it right after my night shower. I found that trying not to shower made matters worse.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Then right after each shower apply the manuka or star anise oil or whatever you're applying to your skin. Happy to help. So sorry you're going through this. Feels like a curse. It's actually listed as one in Deuteronomy 28:27 (but read the whole chapter 28 for context) but then there is Galatians 3:13, thankfully.
schemedream

Wenham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

The DE alone works! Friends, I posted last week about this, but after my second week of doing it, I wanted to let you know that using just DE powder has eliminated all bites, scratches and itching, better than anything else I tried!

Using oil and the DE actually makes the DE less effective. Just keep a layer of DE on your skin all the time and the mites will die off. Pros about the DE:
1. the mites can't sense that it is toxic for them so they won't avoid it.
2. they can't build up a resistance to it.
3. it is cheap
4. it is easy!

Remember to put it in your sheets as well as on your body and in your shoes, slippers, etc. I also rubbed it in my scalp each night.

Please try it for a few weeks before you go crazy buying a bunch of other things. Yes, it does make your skin dry but isn't it worth it to get rid of them?

Please post if you find this effective as we owe it to everyone on these forums to spread cheap, easy, effective non toxic solutions.

Take care.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I tried the DE but it didn't work. It helps in the hair maybe because the hair holds it down. But on my skin, it was all rubbed off within an hour. I tried it in my bed, but wound up breathing it that way (dangerous) and would awaken in the middle of the night with my sinuses swollen shut and feeling like a dehydrated bug about to die! I understand it's helping you but has it cured you completely? How long have you had this?
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

The DE was also getting in my eyes and scratching them. It was great for carpets, furniture, pets (occasionally), on hands before putting on latex gloves, and in the hair at night. But the manuka oil, anise oil, and possibly ivermectin, cured.
healed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Also, the DE doesn't absorb into the skin like oil and creams do...it rubs right off. Has it completely cured you?
lilacs

Stouffville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Permethrin made It worse for me....not strong enough to kill them. just made them run to other parts of my body that were harder to treat. Ivermectin is effective to get over a big hump but will not kill unhatched eggs. I ended up throwing away all clothes and beds and linens, used paper towel and disposable vinyl table cloths to sleep on. What really worked was 25% clove oil mixed with 75% coconut oil. Spread on from scalp to toes and leave on naked for days...keep re-applying and don't rub off with clothing. No new rashes and takes away itch....in addition to black specks coming out of skin, you will see yellowish crystals coming out of skin...I think this is eggs or the casing. Not fun, but works. I think 2 weeks of treatment should work for most. If you still feel pin pricks or pins and needles, keep applying. Spray everthing with Lysol and ammonia and treat house and pets and car. I sprayed tiles and most surfaces with bleach water.
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

healed wrote:
Thank you. I showered every morning and every night. Washing hands is good. I put DE on hands ans also kept latex gloves on at home and changed the gloves often. I don't know if the ivermectin washes off. If you eat it I don't think so. I always took it right after my night shower. I found that trying not to shower made matters worse.
Thank you again! tell me please what is the DE?
new2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

healed wrote:
But the manuka stuff was very safe and, I believe, effective if you get enough and use it more than they suggest..like a whole week with breaks using something else like star anise oil or diluted clove or something so u don't use up the manuka too quick. Must keep environment disinfected whole time, too. Boil brushes, spray carseats and belts with ammonia, freeze keys, purse, shoes etc. I even boiled my eyeglasses daily.
lol if it's daily I think spraying cheap permethrin on glasses and then washing them may be safer than boiling them -- dont know-- but I ruined a cell phone by spraying it too much and almost melted two credit cards in the oven!

Agree about freezing shoes though.... not boiling them!

I have noticed that some of us with severe cases have a great reduction at some point (God willng) but some small surviving problem at least for a while. If this represents deep tissue infestation or resistant mites I could not say. If there are any doctors or researchers reading this now or in future, and not simply thinking we are delusional, I would say that I do not think this is simply post scabies, though some of the skin sensations may be. I would suggest that a small scale infestation MAY persist and require a few more months treatment/management. My sense is that during this time danger of spreading it is minimal. But public health people have not seriously grappled with the impact of this condition and treat it as if it is done in a few days (as it can be if identified & treated early).
new2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

How do you make DE stay on the skin? Just dry?
Also I dont want to inhale it so have avoided putting it on esp hair or sheets (at least since I tried it one and it irritated my lungs).

One other, possibly related product is a soap I found somewhere (a 99 cent store) called Boraxo-- it is drying but I have found it effective. Just one more tool for the arsenal. I think it is good to have more than one tool and these are low cost.(However I am pretty sure that ivermectin is necessary for many of us, at least once or twice)
schemedream wrote:
The DE alone works! Friends, I posted last week about this, but after my second week of doing it, I wanted to let you know that using just DE powder has eliminated all bites, scratches and itching, better than anything else I tried!
Using oil and the DE actually makes the DE less effective. Just keep a layer of DE on your skin all the time and the mites will die off. Pros about the DE:
1. the mites can't sense that it is toxic for them so they won't avoid it.
2. they can't build up a resistance to it.
3. it is cheap
4. it is easy!
Remember to put it in your sheets as well as on your body and in your shoes, slippers, etc. I also rubbed it in my scalp each night.
Please try it for a few weeks before you go crazy buying a bunch of other things. Yes, it does make your skin dry but isn't it worth it to get rid of them?
Please post if you find this effective as we owe it to everyone on these forums to spread cheap, easy, effective non toxic solutions.
Take care.
new2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

You can dilute the tea tree oil --I use mineral oil but others may prefer coconut. What ever is finest -- see what works. Dont dilute too much but the studies I read indicate a 10 or 15 percent dilution should be effective-- just leave it on. And I must agree that sulfur coap is anotehr tool but 10 percent -- and if you use permethrin or other chemicals they need to be strong ehough. Bug spray is not strong ehough and medicine for lice is not strong enough!
Ukraine_need_help wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the tip) should I change my bed every day? I can change every fourth day? Should I smear the whole body tea tree? or only in places sores?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,201 - 3,220 of4,085
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Suicide because of Scabies? (Oct '09) 1 hr Worried 197
Natural cure for scabies (Feb '07) 13 hr Getting better 45
garlic --30 fresh cloves daily (Dec '11) 15 hr FRED 7
Albendazole (Valbazen) Curing Me (Oct '13) 23 hr daitch 1,173
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Wed norman robert hockley 439
Post Scabies Itch Syndrome (Mar '12) Wed littlefalcon 152
Scabies cured (Dec '08) Wed jessica 79
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••