how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
schemedream

Beverly, MA

#3385 Mar 30, 2013
healed wrote:
Forgot something else...kept DE on hands and in latex gloves always when at home and changed them often. Before the above cure I had been treating with sulfer soap and ointment 24/7 practically, for months, plus reg dose ivermectin horse paste, and spot treating with clove bud oil..it controlled but didn't cure!
Hi - healed - so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your tips. I have been fighting this battle for 8 months, though have been 90% cured for about 5 of those months. I think that the last part was the DE in my hair, as you mentioned, because for a long time the only place I would see bites would be my shoulders, back and arms.

Possibly we are making this too hard. I read that people who have chickens just dust them with DE from head to toe, as well as their coops. They almost never have to even do it twice to get rid of mites. If it works for chickens, why not us?

So - I sleep with DE on my sheets, both top and bottom every night, about 1/3 cup. I only change sheets once a week. In the morning, I powder myself with more DE before I get dressed. How easy is this? You should see the bites drying up right away. Here is a quote from a bug expert as to how DE works:

"The DE absorbs oils, waxy layer of insect cuticle that gives rise to dehydration. It can absorb up to 6 times its volume in fluids. It is slightly abrasive and used in toothpaste. It does not slice and dice insects as so many websites explain about how it kills bed bugs."

Please get FOOD GRADE DE - I had to order mine on amazon, a 5 lb bag. It is cheap.

Also, I found that a dehumidifier running 24/7 for a few weeks did a way better job than the constant crazy cleaning. Mites need moisture to survive. It makes sense.

Finally - your computer! I put my laptop in a sealed bag every night with moth balls. This is important as otherwise they will hide in the keyboard and re-infest your hands.

If this helps even one person to regain sanity then I am thrilled. I pray for the posters in this forum.

Blessings on you.
lindsey52

Saltillo, MS

#3386 Mar 30, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
Langoliers is so clever to come up with "lunatic fred" there have been some really stupid people on this forum , it's a toss up who's dumber langoliers or faerie with boogers, they probably have an i.q. of 100 between them. Most posts they make just attack me and they don't have anything to offer but really stupid and dangerous suggestions. Thaey are so dumb they don't even understand just how incredibly stupid they are.
has anyone ever gotten rid of scabies i am dying
lindsey52

Saltillo, MS

#3387 Mar 30, 2013
i need help please help me
Scabies BE GONE

Raeford, NC

#3388 Mar 30, 2013
My cure for getting rid of scabies:

Coal tar soap or lye soap for showers/baths
Add tea tree oil to shampoo
Clove oil to laundry
Safe solutions Diatomaceous Earth -to clean house(food grade quality) put this on ever bit of fabric that can't be washed (bed, sofa, carpet, chairs)
Tea trea oil for all itches, put this on after every bath/shower
RID lice shampoo
Neem oil diluted - rub on entire infected area daily
Scrub with a Hot washcloth, then rub hydrogen peroxide on infected area: if they turn white and pussy it's most likely scabies

Did this for 2 weeks and scabies was gone, itches and all.
Make sure to wear long sleeves, long pants and socks until you rid yourself of scabies... So not to pass it to anyone else.

I did get hives right after I rid myself of scabies, my dermatologist said something I was applying to my skin I'm allergic to. So test out everything you put on your skin in a small area first.
cba

Decatur, GA

#3389 Apr 1, 2013
Can u do this with small kids???? I have 3 all under the age of 6. Something has got to give........
Getridofit

Lexington, OK

#3390 Apr 1, 2013
Clove Oil is the only thing that got them for me. I put It on for 20 days straight. I mixed it with coconut oil and put it all over my body. I started noticing a difference about 4 to 5 days into it. Also it has a slight burning sensation but it will go away. Don't get it in your eyes and be careful around the genitals. I tried all the creams and pills from the doctor and clove oil was the stuff that worked. I had scabies for 6 months until use.
new2this

New York, NY

#3391 Apr 1, 2013
"I tried all the creams and pills from the doctor and clove oil was the stuff that worked. I had scabies for 6 months until use."

What percentage clove oil did you use?
My guess is that clove and tea tree and some other smilar oils are more or less equal and that an additional ingrediant is sher determination.
Another guess is that cocnut oil is very fine and sinks more deeply into skin layers than some oils.
I wonder if anyone has found that hot sun is also helpful? I'm getting close to the finish line, God willing, but warm weather is coming. Can we get some good vitamin laden sunlight and bring our skin temperature up to 125 and bake the critters crunchy as raisins in a muffin? Of course rehydrating ourselves at some point...
Scabies BE GONE

Raeford, NC

#3392 Apr 2, 2013
cba wrote:
Can u do this with small kids???? I have 3 all under the age of 6. Something has got to give........
I have a 16mo old DD, and I did this treatment on myself only.

I never passed scabies to my husband/DD. they both did the permythin treatment, from neck to toes for 12hrs, than washed off. If I thought I saw a suspicious bump on my DD I would put a little tea tree oil on her, just as a precautionary.

Hope it works out for you
healed

United States

#3393 Apr 2, 2013
To cba above n all with children.....do not use my method posted just a few posts above!! It is possibly too harsh even for many adults. Use the manuka treatment for the children...very effective yet very mild! These things r resistant to ALL KINDS of harsh things that we've nearly killed ourselves using! But they just haven't built up a resistence yet to the very mild manuka oil, and possibly the star anise oil. Thank GOD. But the anise oil, unless properly diluted, would be way too strong for children. May God bless and heal u all
healed

United States

#3394 Apr 2, 2013
Just to confirm, I did get cured using the manuka scabies packet from manukanatural.com (2 packets) and using undiluted star anise oil in between on worst areas...because the star anise oil is strong. Manuka is great for children, but the anise, unless properly diluted, would be way too strong. The manuka seems small, expensive, n weak, but stick with it....it works. I'm glad my husband made me stick with it when I thought it seemed too mild to be effective. They just haven't formed a resistence to it...simple
Anonymous

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#3395 Apr 2, 2013
Hello!!
My mother is ill a scab already a year and a half. a scab returns time after time. a scab went already on a person. we want ivermectin, because on a benzyl for claws already immunity.
Help us please. If to prick ivermectin, is it necessary(whether it is possible) to be smeared outwardly what that by preparation? if needed, then what? for example prick of ivermectin, and from above spregal? will not there be spregal to weaken the action of ivermectin? How to be with bathing? is it possible to bath, and when( in a day, in a week after a prick?) How to be with washing of hands? will not preparation be washed from under skins? and how to change a bed?
I am sorry if I write wrong, I do not know your shouting, and in my country can not cure a mother
Muhammad

UK

#3396 Apr 2, 2013
I have used it 5 days ago and cannot wait 7 days. The ittchiness has become worse since using it but its worked on all my family memebers. I will re-use this again in a couple of hours.
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/lyclear-dermal...
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3397 Apr 2, 2013
lindsey52 wrote:
i need help please help me
I think you should order sulfur soap from sulfurointment.com and start using aloe gel pure organic aloe gel. You must work the sulfur soap into the skin I recommend a bath brush not to harsh but work it in let dry. At the same time you can use the aloe as you see fit. This has worked for me on a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst I am at a .5 I am not completely rid of them but almost. This method is cheap and not harsh I recommend getting the 8 bars of soap for 25 dollars that will last a long time and the aloe gel is not expensive it is very affordable and aloe has the added benefit of being good for your skin, although when you apply it to the scabies it burns a little. For me it was a tussle but the scabies are no match for the sulfur soap aloe gel combination. Good luck to you what ever you decide to do.
healed

United States

#3398 Apr 2, 2013
To Ukraine: u can order ivermectin horse paste over the internet or buy at a farm feed store. Very cheap. But I had to use it every 4th day for a month. You eat it...the amount for your weight (but I used double). But u have to keep yourself and bed, home, clothes, etc clean whole time! Also have to use something on your skin...I used manuka oil ordered from manukanatural.Consult and other days, star anise oil. These oils were the only thing that worked. It takes about a week.
healed

United States

#3399 Apr 2, 2013
Sorry...typed that wrong. The manuka oil from manukanatural.com . Then on the other days I used star anise oil...you can get it from your health food store or order it online.
Danny

Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

#3400 Apr 2, 2013
One magic trick that made my scabies disappear in two days!!! Diprostene injection look for it and find someone who can inject you
healed

United States

#3401 Apr 2, 2013
Hey you moron umathr try clicking on your website and it takes u to a website relating to oil rigs. u cannot order from your website. so, stupid moron get with the program and give a website we can order from. moron.
new2this

New York, NY

#3402 Apr 2, 2013
Muhammad wrote:
I have used it 5 days ago and cannot wait 7 days. The ittchiness has become worse since using it but its worked on all my family memebers. I will re-use this again in a couple of hours.
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/lyclear-dermal...
Five days is OK. Everywhere, head to foot!
andrew

Oxnard, CA

#3403 Apr 2, 2013
how do you apply permethrin cream on your genital area? is it bad if you apply it there?
healed

United States

#3404 Apr 3, 2013
Hey! That last, rude post using my name was not me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SCAM websites to avoid 16 min wantemgone2 9
News Scabies not a big deal, officials say (Mar '09) 17 min huey goins 30
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) 1 hr TurnipForme 616
SHAMPOO for scabies in the hair 3 hr Tara 16
DANGER Ivermectin horse paste 3 hr Tara 33
50 Tips for scabies 4 hr hand2day 23
Attention All! Dawn original blue bath, black ... (Nov '09) 5 hr barbraela 37
More from around the web