dylan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Hey guys i am here to say i might have scabies or idk but my friend came over one night and he had scabies but none of my family knew or i did so when he left i washed everything cause my bed wasnt washed in a week so i woke up nxt morning and started itching but its been about a month or two and i have these clear dots tht itch on my groin area on my left hand and on my thigh but there not in the place where scabies would be please help ive tried creams and lotions does anybody have anything

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

dylan wrote:
Hey guys i am here to say i might have scabies or idk but my friend came over one night and he had scabies but none of my family knew or i did so when he left i washed everything cause my bed wasnt washed in a week so i woke up nxt morning and started itching but its been about a month or two and i have these clear dots tht itch on my groin area on my left hand and on my thigh but there not in the place where scabies would be please help ive tried creams and lotions does anybody have anything
Groin and hands is where scabies love to go. You have to make an appt with a doc. to get a rx for prem 5% at least 3 tubes, and apply 7 days apart.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I can not believe that the last time this page was updated was in February. I continue to use sulfur soap and aloe gel it is a slow process but I continue to get better. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being cured,I would say I am at a 3. I am sleeping ok not much disturbance from scabies at night.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

dylan wrote:
Scabies does not happen over night you do not wake the next morning with scabies. Scabies take time to develop. By the time you show signs of scabies like itching and a rash you have had scabies for a while. I do not have insurance so I took the cheap safe route which is sulfur soap and aloe vera gel organic aloe gel. Take a shower or bath as usual when you are done take the sulfur soap and lather up your whole body use a bath brush to work it into your skin be careful around your face and eyes get your back of course work the soap into the most effected areas especially. Every once in a while use the aloe gel scabies hate aloe. A good place to get sulfur soap is sulfurointment.com . for 25 dollars you get 8 bars free shipping and they ship fast. If you have a drug store call you pharmacist and ask them about 10 percent sulfur soap ask if they have it or if they can order it for you maybe you can get a bar that day should cost around 5 dollars, do not forget to also get a bath brush work it into your skin, not to hard but work it into the skin.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Sabies drove me nuts wrote:
Is anyone interested in chatting ?
Well I am waiting.
marie

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
I was to get a wash cloth pour kerosene on the wash cloth and dab the cloth and kerosene all over you body. Leave on for a couple of hours then bathe and then repeat don't get it in your eyes and stay away from fire also you might try eating lime juice. And you might try sulfer pills if your not allergic to sulfer please consult a physician first before trying these home remedies.
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

umathr wrote:
I am not just using aloe I am also using sulfur soap it seems to be working I am at the stage where I am getting more relaxed and letting down my guard tehe saga continues.
Dont let your guard down!! That's the key, especially if you are trying for a cure with the sulfer soap and aloe vera without having used permethrin first. You have to bath or shower twice a day for six weeks, and that means everyone in your family. You will get through this, just be vigilant in the extreame. Another thought....sometimes the elderly can have scabies and not itch or show many symptoms. Are you around anyone who could fit in this category? That's why nursing homes can have horrible epidemics. These people can have thousands of mites and are highly contagious. You are probably getting reinfested from someone. Maybe even at work or something. Also, just wanted to add the one other thing that made a huge difference for us....plastic covers over the bed and pillows!!! Not especially comfy at first, but very helpful. The mites emerge from the bed when they feel the warmth of your body. They plastic stops them from getting to you. Then wash the sheets every day and spray plastic with Windex. Best of luck to you!!!
Desperate

Pickens, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Ok so I've been on this form b4 many times. My family and I found out last year that we were exposed to scabies. We had no idea what it was at first as I'm sure most of you didn't either. Its wasn't till 3 months that we realized scabies after it was to the point where I was in tears constantly and many sleepless nights from the dreadful itching and insanity! We treated ouselfs right away and did all the steps of cleaning but a month later we were reinfested oh joy! Ok so that was November 2012. We have been scabies free now for almost 5 months. Well I just found out 3 weeks ago I am pregnant and a week after I started itching. Now I know your body goes through all sorts of changes while pregnant and strange itching and rash too but I'm wondering if its possible we have been infiltrated again by these buggers. Am I just being paranoid? Its been just mainly on my arms and hands. Small red spots pop up and itch for a bit then fade then again come and go. My 2 year old is itching as well now. The only signs on her are red spots on the bottom I'm assuming from her diaper but she scratches other places as well. Her shoulder and sides but there are no red bumps there. Please someone reply and give me some advice and piece of mind. Am I over reacting?
Desperate

Pickens, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

As I said I don't have the nodules full of clear fluid. I've seen one so far on my hand and ofcourse picked at it and clear fluid came out just like b4 when I had scabies but the other red spots cone and go. But that's how It was for me in the beginning the first time. Its was shuttle and by a month and a half after being infected it was to the point that I could not sleep. The only way I could get any relefe to even fall asleep at night was to soak in a scalding hot bath. For some reason that subsided the itching long enough to fall asleep but not to stay asleep unfortunately. I do not want this again. It was horrible so if anyone can provide an answer please do!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Desperate wrote:
Ok so I've been on this form b4 many times. My family and I found out last year that we were exposed to scabies. We had no idea what it was at first as I'm sure most of you didn't either. Its wasn't till 3 months that we realized scabies after it was to the point where I was in tears constantly and many sleepless nights from the dreadful itching and insanity! We treated ouselfs right away and did all the steps of cleaning but a month later we were reinfested oh joy! Ok so that was November 2012. We have been scabies free now for almost 5 months. Well I just found out 3 weeks ago I am pregnant and a week after I started itching. Now I know your body goes through all sorts of changes while pregnant and strange itching and rash too but I'm wondering if its possible we have been infiltrated again by these buggers. Am I just being paranoid? Its been just mainly on my arms and hands. Small red spots pop up and itch for a bit then fade then again come and go. My 2 year old is itching as well now. The only signs on her are red spots on the bottom I'm assuming from her diaper but she scratches other places as well. Her shoulder and sides but there are no red bumps there. Please someone reply and give me some advice and piece of mind. Am I over reacting?
You're not overreacting. You might be wise, since you're preggers and it's early in the infestation, to go the soaking bath route. You can use several cups of salt, or use one cup of A&H powdered laundry detergent, or one cup of borax with one cup of peroxide, in as hot a bath as you can stand. Use petroleum jelly around your neck to keep them from crawling upwards. You can also use petroleum jelly other times to suffocate the little bugs on wherever you suspect they may be. The soak will work well for your daughter since it's just starting to show itself. Use tea tree oil on your daughter, but I'm not sure if you should use it on yourself. Some of the essential oils are so strong that they are dangerous for the unborn. Try and figure out where they are coming from. School or daycare comes to mind.
Mindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Desperate wrote:
As I said I don't have the nodules full of clear fluid. I've seen one so far on my hand and ofcourse picked at it and clear fluid came out just like b4 when I had scabies but the other red spots cone and go. But that's how It was for me in the beginning the first time. Its was shuttle and by a month and a half after being infected it was to the point that I could not sleep. The only way I could get any relefe to even fall asleep at night was to soak in a scalding hot bath. For some reason that subsided the itching long enough to fall asleep but not to stay asleep unfortunately. I do not want this again. It was horrible so if anyone can provide an answer please do!
I feel for you! It can make you nuts. But it does sound like it might be scabies. Since you had it before, you will show signs right away - within a day or two of exposure instead of after a month or two the whole time you are spreading it around your house and to others. But that's actually good since the population of the buggers is much less, and you can get on it right away and get over it much quicker. I would get to your doctor as soon as possible because the sooner you treat the better. Also, try to get ahold of some 10% sulfer soap and use it on yourself and your family twice a day to get the numbers down before your appointment. Put plastic sheets and pillow cases on your bed and start cleaning. I dont know about hot baths when pregnant and I also would check with the doctor about the sulfer soap to when you call to make your appointment just to be safe. Hang in there! Do you think you could have gotten reinfested by someone who may have gotten it from you 5 months ago? Like a older family member who may not be itching much but still have it? Just a thought. Windex is a great cleaner I found for this problem. Id be careful about bleach when pregnant too.
Free at last

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

I got cured from scabbies. It's been months now that I have not found any bites or bumpy trails of the eggs under my skin. It took a while for me to get rid of them. I tried Clorox baths, alcohol, anti itching creams & powder, citrus oils.. Etc it goes on and on. Well let me tell you that the permethrin Does work with the help of Sulfur and Tea Tree oil. Every day I showered with sulfur soap you can find it at Target, riteaide, Walmart, cvs, and any Hispanic stores. For me as a Latina it was easy to get. So shower everyday twice a day with the sulfur soap. After my shower I would dry myself off and rub myself down with tea tree oil. But I did t use the tea tree oil alone. I bought plain lotion with no scent for example like the Vaseline brand and the store brand for target which is Up & Up well I already had a small lubiderm bottle it was about 6oz so I would mix my plain lotion with tea tree oil. I wouldn't really measure the tea tree oil I would just add to where I felt it was enough for my 6oz of lotion. So I would rub that from the neck down after each shower. I even added tea tree oil to my shampoo and conditioner. Well I did that for about a month twice a day sometimes. And on the bumpy areas I would dab a bit of tea tree oil by itself. After I went to the doctor and for permethrin. I put it on from the neck down covering all areas. I used permethrin three times a week apart each so that was three weeks and that's it I was done with scabbies. I did wash all my sheets and clothes everyday with hot water and extended hot dry. Change your sheets everyday and you can put your pillows in bags or throw them in then dryer. Do not use anything twice. Try to always vacuum your carpet. Ohhh I also sprayed my mattress, couches and car seats and seat belts with a spray I bought at rite aide. I don't remember the name of the spray but if you do decide to buy the spray look at the labels in the back and make sure it has permethrin. The spray I bought had 1% permethrin. Well good luck to all of you guys I hope this works for you as it did for me :) oh by the way I also bought the tea tree oil from the same stores I mentioned.:)
alex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Me and my gilrfriend have had problems itching as well. Doctors gave us creams and nothing worked. We shower 4+ times a days and are stilling itching. We washed everything and still. Not a thing is working. I thought it was just bad winter dry skin or egasama but that's not it. It all started after my ex gfs house and now multiple of ours friends are itching. We can't sleep or have fun cause of it. We've had it for 3-6 months. Please someone help!?
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

alex wrote:
Me and my gilrfriend have had problems itching as well. Doctors gave us creams and nothing worked. We shower 4+ times a days and are stilling itching. We washed everything and still. Not a thing is working. I thought it was just bad winter dry skin or egasama but that's not it. It all started after my ex gfs house and now multiple of ours friends are itching. We can't sleep or have fun cause of it. We've had it for 3-6 months. Please someone help!?
You might try sulfurointment.com and order the sulfur soap its cheap 25 dollars for 8 bars of soap and that should help a lot. Work it into your skin with a bath brush or cloth. In one of theses chat rooms there is someone called Middian they recommend a program for a cure of scabies that sounds very good, so go look up Middian and I think you would be well served to do that. If you have a drug store nearby where you live call the pharmacist and ask for something for the scabies ask if they have sulfur soap and see if you can get some aloe vera scabies hate aloe. good luck.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Mary wrote:
<quoted text> Dont let your guard down!! That's the key, especially if you are trying for a cure with the sulfer soap and aloe vera without having used permethrin first. You have to bath or shower twice a day for six weeks, and that means everyone in your family. You will get through this, just be vigilant in the extreame. Another thought....sometimes the elderly can have scabies and not itch or show many symptoms. Are you around anyone who could fit in this category? That's why nursing homes can have horrible epidemics. These people can have thousands of mites and are highly contagious. You are probably getting reinfested from someone. Maybe even at work or something. Also, just wanted to add the one other thing that made a huge difference for us....plastic covers over the bed and pillows!!! Not especially comfy at first, but very helpful. The mites emerge from the bed when they feel the warmth of your body. They plastic stops them from getting to you. Then wash the sheets every day and spray plastic with Windex. Best of luck to you!!!
Thank you
lucy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Umather,
When I click on the link to order from sulferointment.com , it directs you to a website that is totally unrelated to your products. How are we supposed to order off of there? Write to you?
Desperate

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Well turns out that my new fabric soften was the culprit. I quit using it and the redness and itching disappeared. Thank you all for your help and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope you too find an end to this nightmare! Hang in there and best of luck.
LUNATIC FRED

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Lucy is Fred is Mary is VSS is Uncle Sam is ... You get the idea. Ignore the idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

174 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 6 min Ivectrin dont work 3
Cheapest online cure for scabies 9 min Albendazol dont work 1
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 11 hr claire 611
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... 12 hr FRED 8
If you're desperate (Feb '12) 16 hr stevec 44
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) Tue ken 124
How I got Rid of Scabies Tue Danny 10
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) Jul 20 William Marquis 524
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Jul 18 Jennifer 182