how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Ren

Jersey City, NJ

#3248 Jan 27, 2013
Is 6 ivermectin enough for 190 lbs?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3249 Jan 27, 2013
Ren wrote:
Is 6 ivermectin enough for 190 lbs?
Your a little under its better to be above then below. I'm guessing they are 3mg tabs? For ever 30 pounds equal 3mg
Ren

Jersey City, NJ

#3250 Jan 27, 2013
I was worried its kind of low for my son. 2 treatments done, I'm driving back and forth switching bedding and clothes and its tiring but his itching is very low comparing to earlier days.
Defeated scabies

Manchester, UK

#3251 Jan 27, 2013
I caught this at my gf's house. I started itching underneath my watch, I thought it was my watch irritating my skin so I took it off. I then started to itch so bad on my arms, hips, legs. Fuck what people say, everywhere itches like crazy and especially where the skin is thin and a nice home for the creatures and at night. I immediately found that this was scabies and I know that this sounds daunting but the more time you leave it, scabies will just get worse. I started taking bleach baths, NEVER wore my clothes more than once and when I used them, I put them in a bin liner and washed at a higher temp than normal. I went to the docs and they prescribed me with permethrin 5%. I remember a month or two back on a Saturday. I got about an hours sleep after using the cream and I went back to the docs and they said its a allergic reaction to the mites. I took regular showers but the doc actually recommended not to as I'm getting rid of my natural body oils and replacing them with other substances! Which I kinda understood but I wanted them gone. I used some derma shampoo and a high moisturising cream and eventually they went! It was so expensive just to get rid of them but I feel for people that have got them coz its horrible. Get to the docs and don't take on board the bullshitters that prolong this matter on here and explain the matter that they are never gonna get rid of it like its the bubonic plague. Don't worry just get some treatment and stay clean.
Defeated scabies

Manchester, UK

#3252 Jan 27, 2013
I also used Anti histamine that really relieved the itching, dont be shy on using these every 4 or 6 hours if they say u can. obviously read the instrcutions coz some say 1 a day but I couldn't handle this. they can make u feel drowsy too so be careful. i Hope this helps.
Billy Jean

United States

#3253 Jan 28, 2013
Did you ever get rid of them? I have them...
Josh

Oklahoma City, OK

#3254 Jan 30, 2013
So I just did my first treatment with the 5% cream washed all my bedding and clothes but I'm still itching. What do I do now to help with all this
Lora

Mooresville, NC

#3255 Jan 30, 2013
i would suggest these products http://skinimprovements.com/scabies-cream-for... they even have a shampoo and medicated hair conditioner to kill the mites if it got on to the scalp - http://skinimprovements.com/head-scalp-hair-s...
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3257 Jan 31, 2013
I have got very good results using sulfur soap. Get a soft or natural bristle bath brush and use the sulfur soap. Take a shower or bath as usual when you get out dry off than use the sulfur soap. Use the bath brush to work it into the skin let it dry on your skin paying special attention to the most effected areas. You can also buy sulfur shampoo. This is a safe cheap and very effective way to get rid of scabies. Believe me it works. There is no need to us bleach, bleach is not safe to use, it is harmful to humans. I have found that the soap is more effective than the sulfur cream. You must work it into the skin with a cloth or as I do with a brush. Be gentle no need to brush to hard. It is simple and not to hard good luck. If you are concerned with furniture make a baking soda spray and spray the areas of concern with the baking soda solution let dry.
Almost cured

New York, NY

#3258 Jan 31, 2013
I work as a medical receptionist and must have caught scabies from touching or shaking hands with a patient...that's the only connection that I can pinpoint in how I caught it...but i digress

I started with the bleach baths in HOT HOT water every night before bed. Really hot water with 1/4 cup of regular clorox bleach and about 1/4 of baking powder and it did offer some minor relief. However, my skin is sensitive so this wasn't a treatment that I could do every night long term.

Went to the doctor and got a 60 Gram tube of 5% Premethrine cream. Did 30 grams (half the tube which was enough for really good full body coverage) that was 4 days ago. Since then I've cleaned like mad, washed everything I've worn or even touched (which is taxing but it's a necessary evil), covered my bed in vinyl plastic covering and replaced my pillows with new ones covered in bedbud/mite protection covers. Basically sterilizing my environment and washing my hands often. Sitting only on a hard plastic chair I can continue wiping down with bleach instead of my comfy couch, but whatever works!

After the first Prem treatment new bumps and red spots and irritation did occur in areas that I didn't notice or feel before BUT that's to be expected. And those areas are since healing nicely.

The real relief has been that since my first Prem treatment, I shower with 10% Sulfur soap and lather and exfoliate really good with a regular clean wash rag before work. Add a little gold bond medicated moisturizer to aid in the itching and an antihistamine and I'm off to work

For evening, after work, I shower the same as before with hot water and 10% sulfur soap really getting into the nooks and crannies of my body for a good ten minutes and rinse. THEN I lather up all over including hands (under my nails) and feet (in between my toes, under toe nails and massaged into soles) with Metasol 5% Monosulfiram soap and let it dry on my skin. Instantly feels cool to my skin and wonderful. I put on a thin long sleeve shirt, thin sweat pants, thin socks and cotton allergy gloves and go to sleep. Been doing this for a few days and with the exception of the healing itch from the mite debris being purged from the skin I feel like I'm a week or two at max from being totally free from this nightmare.

After a while you really can tell the difference between a natural body itch from the healing vs. itching from active scabies. Natural body itch only needs a small rub or so to alleviate and then stops. Active scabies itch is unrelenting.

Anyway, I'm feeling almost human again and SOOOOO much better. Just to be safe I'll do my second Prem treatment in three days (7 days after initial treatment). In the meanwhile the above regimen has really been helpful. ALSO, constantly reminding myself that some itching is still to be expected even as I'm healing helps me make the mind body connection that I'm on the right track and not to give up and not to scratch hard and make matters worse. Just gently rub and massage the itch. Keep nails trimmed short!

This is war and I'm determined to win!! Hope you all are finding relief because OMG this has been a plague on me and I'm so grateful to be feeling relief because I was really torn up about this.

I'll never judge a person with scabies or bedbugs as harshly anymore.
john smith

West Palm Beach, FL

#3259 Jan 31, 2013
man these scabies are killikng me i had it for a month an i want to know how i get rid of them please somebody help

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3260 Jan 31, 2013
john smith wrote:
man these scabies are killikng me i had it for a month an i want to know how i get rid of them please somebody help
Get a rx for prem 5% and get some iver. Do it ASAP! The faster you fight them the better you will be off!
had enough

Anonymous Proxy

#3262 Feb 4, 2013
clove oil- everywhere-http://www.ncbi.nlm .nih.gov/pubmed/20711455 research proves it kills them. do your head too!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3265 Feb 6, 2013
Beware of the SULFUR SOAP sales people. They attack all products that they don't sell!

They don't care about you at all if fact they go way out of the way to try and harm anyone who stands up to them.
Read below the posting that has been posted on many other threads trying to get rid of me.

"For the information of people on this forum, Langoliers is also a consistent poster on the Scabies Forum. He and his wife have been infected for well over a year. He consistently posts some very dangerous and toxic "cures" there that are very dangerous to a persons health. He does this acting like some kind of authority when he is not even cured himself.
He also created a whole thread under an alternate identity just for his own pathetic amusement. he really needs to be in a psychiatric ward.

I invite anyone to go on the Scabies forum and read the drivel he posts as a remedy and then go and find real answers as to how detrimental it is. He even highly recommends Lindane which has resulted in seizures and deaths."
Happy jack

Fayetteville, AR

#3266 Feb 6, 2013
Happy Jack for animals gets rid of mites. Worked for the dogs and therefore makes sense that it worked for the household also, for fogging the house and whatever else you need it for. Also, fairly inexpensive. You will feel "crawly" while using the chemical.
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3268 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Beware of the SULFUR SOAP sales people. They attack all products that they don't sell!
They don't care about you at all if fact they go way out of the way to try and harm anyone who stands up to them.
Read below the posting that has been posted on many other threads trying to get rid of me.
"For the information of people on this forum, Langoliers is also a consistent poster on the Scabies Forum. He and his wife have been infected for well over a year. He consistently posts some very dangerous and toxic "cures" there that are very dangerous to a persons health. He does this acting like some kind of authority when he is not even cured himself.
He also created a whole thread under an alternate identity just for his own pathetic amusement. he really needs to be in a psychiatric ward.
I invite anyone to go on the Scabies forum and read the drivel he posts as a remedy and then go and find real answers as to how detrimental it is. He even highly recommends Lindane which has resulted in seizures and deaths."
I am always saying that sulfur soap works because it does work. I dont think I have ever attacked any product exposed on this forum. Use what you want.

Location hidden

#3270 Feb 6, 2013
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>I am always saying that sulfur soap works because it does work. I dont think I have ever attacked any product exposed on this forum. Use what you want.
You're not the one doing the uncalled for attacks.

Fred aka Uncle Sam has been posting all over on other threads trying to expose that me and my wife have scabies and still do. Lol

My wife and I never had scabies.
This is most likely why his sulfur soap never helped me. But he's to much of a jerk to understand all that went on.

"Silica’s Function in Our Bodies

Skin: Silica is needed for collagen synthesis while activating enzymes that keep your skin elastic yet strong. Wrinkles are a sign that you are deficient in silica.

Bone: Silica stimulates the bone forming cells and seems to regulate the process by which bones form and repair themselves using nutritional minerals. As mentioned above, silica facilitates collagen synthesis. Collagen is the fibrous protein that makes bones flexible. Silica deficiencies produce brittle bones. Supplementing with silica helps broken bones heal faster.

Tendons (and ligaments): Collagen is a major component of ligaments and tendons.

Joints: Not only does silica play an important role in collagen formation, it is also needed to form cartilage and assists in maintaining water in your joints. We know that inflammation eats away at cartilage and now we know that silica helps to rebuild that cartilage.

Heart and Cardiovascular System: Silica is found in the inner lining of our arteries. Lesions in our arteries cause cholesterol to attach leading to atherosclerosis. In our Cardiovascular Articles we’ve noted that lack of vitamin C is a major cause of these lesions, and we now know that silica also helps in reducing these lesions. Studies show that the aorta and carotid artery (through the neck to the head) of healthy individuals (their arteries are clear of plaque) contain ten times the amount of silica than individuals with atherosclerotic plaque in those arteries.

Hair and Nails: Silica is the major mineral found in hair shafts and nails. Optimum amounts of silica keep hair flexible and shiny while keeping nails hard and strong. If your hair is falling out or your nails are brittle and soft, you might have a silica deficiency.

Lungs and Sinuses: Silica restores the mucus membrane in the sinuses and respiratory tract.

Teeth: Silica, besides being found in bone tissues is also found in enamel. One great use of diatomaceous earth is in tooth brushing. Add it to your paste or powder for really clean teeth.

Digestion: Silica is one tough fiber. Taking diatomaceous earth internally will keep you regular and kill parasites.

Detoxication: It is thought that silica can help to detox a number of things from the body, such as mercury, aluminum, and it’s even touted as killing e-coli. The research is not completed on this subject.

Sites selling diatomaceous earth tout long lists of benefits and uses for their products, but most are not backed by any solid research."

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3271 Feb 6, 2013
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2002-129/pdfs/2...

It's all chrystaline. I'm a mechanical designer and a materials engineer, in 2016 some of my designs will start to orbit Jupiter.

Don't be fooled by this minor league idiot, Langoliers.

Go look at the crazy stuff he posts on his "you have to have faith to be an atheist" thread in Topix , everyone hates him there too.

Location hidden

#3272 Feb 6, 2013
lotus_fan wrote:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/ 2002-129/pdfs/2002-129.pdf

It's all chrystaline. I'm a mechanical designer and a materials engineer, in 2016 some of my designs will start to orbit Jupiter.

Don't be fooled by this minor league idiot, Langoliers.

Go look at the crazy stuff he posts on his "you have to have faith to be an atheist" thread in Topix , everyone hates him there too.
Jr. Here is a post of mine.
Looks real harmful doesn't it?
LOL

I state to use a Doctor!
Poor Jr. No witch doctor potions sales here!

I Tried it all and now one year later i'm cured. And sulfur sales boy your products didn't help at all.

I beat them with a Doctor who gave me

1) Stromectol 5 5mg tablets once every seven days.

2) Lindane lotion 4 or 5 treatments

3) Diatom Earth lightly dusted on everything. And in bed with ya.
Alexis

Bellevue, WA

#3273 Feb 8, 2013
I have had these scabbie looking bumps and its getting worse, for the past 5 months its gotten horrible with itching and bleeding. Nothing works! I dont know what to use or do. Its to the point its all over my body and my boyfriends to. what should we do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dont waste money on theses things for scabies 21 min Singer 4
Over the counter scabies treatment at walmart 22 min Singer 3
Yayyy I am cured of scabies 23 min Harry walter 11
SHAMPOO for scabies in the hair 27 min BigMan Joe 13
ScabiesBGone cured me of scabies 28 min Jerry Samuals 2
two horror scabies videos 33 min HarverdGrad 15
50 Tips for scabies 34 min HarverdGrad 17
More from around the web