itchy_fred

Manlius, NY

#3235 Jan 14, 2013
I have been reading that these new breeds of scabies are resistant to permethrin. Nowhere have I read proof of this theory, just speculation from people who are continually being re-infested. I have sprayed 2 spiders and a few ants with my 2% permethrin spray and they died instantly. I am not convinced that these scabies mites have evolved enough in 20 years to be resistant to permethrin. They are a mite (spider family), not a bacteria or virus.

Everyone suggests you wear clean mite free clothing. This makes sense in that you are not putting new mites on your body. But if a mite hatches between your clean body and your clean clothes it has free access to move about to find a new spot to live and breed. My daily routing with misting permethrin on the insides of my daily clean clothes will at least severely weaken the newly hatched, if not kill them completely before they can burrow again.

I will also be getting the 38% permethrin concentrate form a lawn and garden supply store. I will mix it down to a 2% concentration and spray the washer and dryer, hampers, coats, hats, gloves, shoes, slippers, bathroom, bedding, closets, trash cans, door knobs, furniture, carpets…… everywhere! Most of the insect killing repellent sold is less than 1%, usually only about 0.5%. The 2% mixture is a definite killer.

People that use a public laundry mat may want to try spraying the machines with this type of spray to keep from being re-infested. If you hang your coat with other people’s coats you can easily be re-infested. Using credit-card swiping machines, co-workers computer keyboards, chairs in restaurants, shopping cart handles and even picking up a box of cereal from the grocery store shelf that has a mite on it will re-infest you. They can be anywhere.

You will need to be obsessed with this microscopic bug and keep them off of you and your pets so they will eventually die off.
Lodzia

Simi Valley, CA

#3236 Jan 18, 2013
new2this wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great. I assume you did not have the little dots that emerge and bite. Probably if that symptom is missing people should consider it might not be scabies. Unfortunately many of us do have critters inside and out.:(
Doc told me the same thing, and 5 days later, I had them back again!
Lodzia

Simi Valley, CA

#3237 Jan 18, 2013
Doc told me the same thing, and 5 days later, I had them back again because he said I could unwrap all the clothing I had in bags.
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3238 Jan 19, 2013
cindilu wrote:
<quoted text>
I use sulfur 10% ointment because it irritates the mites but it does not cure.
it does kill them but you have to work it into the skin, use a bath brush work it into the skin leave it on.
new2this

New York, NY

#3239 Jan 19, 2013
I see some recent discussions of eternal re-infection. I dont know to what extent this is happening to me. Washed my hads with tea tree oil yesterda a few times and there were quite a few in my skin.

Of course I am rotating my clothing and sheets, still. It is possible however that they are on various surfaces and while I wipe some down, there are others I may miss.

As far as external reinfection I would caution against baths, even hot ones with good stuff in them. Just sayin'.

Also, the internal reinfection is a challenge since like some of you there were ALOT of mites that had hidden in plain sight for many months before emerging from their burrows. Mine do seem to have been chased around my body and I am just trying to be patient. A rash appeared on my upper thigh a couple of weeks ago, near my groin,

Am wondering about NODES. Some writers have talked about some mites (scabies or others) nesting in high concentrations in certain places which they seem to call nodes. I have had a few hardened spots-- like small blisters-- that remain in the skin for many weeks. I do hope this is not some sort of norwegian scabies but if that is simply an indication of extent of infestation and not a different species of mite, then there must be a range of stages we suffer from.

Anyone get long term harm from permethrin in the eyes? Help from heat treatments or sunlight, esp if you are in a place to go outside and get sunshine?

Anyway-- from sunshine to a place where the sun DONT shine... I also wonder if anyone has seen small black specks when wiping self after excretion?

LOL. Yes this is the place to talk about it and not over caviar and blinis!:)
new2this

New York, NY

#3240 Jan 19, 2013
PS oops typo. NOT eternal reinfection but EXternal reinfection. God help us all!
carolyn smith

Memphis, TN

#3241 Jan 20, 2013
I have not tried it yet but my friend did ,
it' called sulpur 8 hair grease found in walgreens ,kroger.cvs, for a bout five bucks.
and it works!For scabies.

Since: Jan 13

Greeley, CO

#3242 Jan 20, 2013
new2this wrote:
I see some recent discussions of eternal re-infection. I dont know to what extent this is happening to me. Washed my hads with tea tree oil yesterda a few times and there were quite a few in my skin.
Of course I am rotating my clothing and sheets, still. It is possible however that they are on various surfaces and while I wipe some down, there are others I may miss.
As far as external reinfection I would caution against baths, even hot ones with good stuff in them. Just sayin'.
Also, the internal reinfection is a challenge since like some of you there were ALOT of mites that had hidden in plain sight for many months before emerging from their burrows. Mine do seem to have been chased around my body and I am just trying to be patient. A rash appeared on my upper thigh a couple of weeks ago, near my groin,
Am wondering about NODES. Some writers have talked about some mites (scabies or others) nesting in high concentrations in certain places which they seem to call nodes. I have had a few hardened spots-- like small blisters-- that remain in the skin for many weeks. I do hope this is not some sort of norwegian scabies but if that is simply an indication of extent of infestation and not a different species of mite, then there must be a range of stages we suffer from.
Anyone get long term harm from permethrin in the eyes? Help from heat treatments or sunlight, esp if you are in a place to go outside and get sunshine?
Anyway-- from sunshine to a place where the sun DONT shine... I also wonder if anyone has seen small black specks when wiping self after excretion?
LOL. Yes this is the place to talk about it and not over caviar and blinis!:)
As far as nodes, men commonly get nodes on their scrotum and shaft due to scabies. Its just how the skin reacts and no its not norwegian scabies. Those are crusty and tan and very distinct and usually only in immuno compromised or elderly people. Just hang in there!
scabies disaster

Chicago, IL

#3243 Jan 23, 2013
Hi I have had scabies for two months-hopefully it is gone -but here are some huge mistakes I made in treatment.
1. the DR told me Scabie will not affect your face and scalp so I did not use the permethrin on either-totally wrong of course I got it on both and it delayed me feeling better a whole month.
2. the doctor said humans can't pass it to dogs. Wrong again. My dogs vet said they absolutely can get it. She reccomended Revolution for the dog even though she had no symptoms-it is better to treat.
3. I ended up being prescribed Ivermectin-I should have gotten this from day one.
4. Sulfur ointment sold at walgreens works well.
Good luck getting rid of this horrible problem.
Anthony

Auckland, New Zealand

#3244 Jan 24, 2013
Use lyderm it's a cream my son and I have it. he got bullied at school two weeks later its gone ask your doctor about lyderm
ThatChick

United States

#3246 Jan 24, 2013
So if I use bleach in my bath water it wont bleach.me.or anything right?
Stupid question I kno but ohwell.
Ren

Jersey City, NJ

#3248 Jan 27, 2013
Is 6 ivermectin enough for 190 lbs?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3249 Jan 27, 2013
Ren wrote:
Is 6 ivermectin enough for 190 lbs?
Your a little under its better to be above then below. I'm guessing they are 3mg tabs? For ever 30 pounds equal 3mg
Ren

Jersey City, NJ

#3250 Jan 27, 2013
I was worried its kind of low for my son. 2 treatments done, I'm driving back and forth switching bedding and clothes and its tiring but his itching is very low comparing to earlier days.
Defeated scabies

Manchester, UK

#3251 Jan 27, 2013
I caught this at my gf's house. I started itching underneath my watch, I thought it was my watch irritating my skin so I took it off. I then started to itch so bad on my arms, hips, legs. Fuck what people say, everywhere itches like crazy and especially where the skin is thin and a nice home for the creatures and at night. I immediately found that this was scabies and I know that this sounds daunting but the more time you leave it, scabies will just get worse. I started taking bleach baths, NEVER wore my clothes more than once and when I used them, I put them in a bin liner and washed at a higher temp than normal. I went to the docs and they prescribed me with permethrin 5%. I remember a month or two back on a Saturday. I got about an hours sleep after using the cream and I went back to the docs and they said its a allergic reaction to the mites. I took regular showers but the doc actually recommended not to as I'm getting rid of my natural body oils and replacing them with other substances! Which I kinda understood but I wanted them gone. I used some derma shampoo and a high moisturising cream and eventually they went! It was so expensive just to get rid of them but I feel for people that have got them coz its horrible. Get to the docs and don't take on board the bullshitters that prolong this matter on here and explain the matter that they are never gonna get rid of it like its the bubonic plague. Don't worry just get some treatment and stay clean.
Defeated scabies

Manchester, UK

#3252 Jan 27, 2013
I also used Anti histamine that really relieved the itching, dont be shy on using these every 4 or 6 hours if they say u can. obviously read the instrcutions coz some say 1 a day but I couldn't handle this. they can make u feel drowsy too so be careful. i Hope this helps.
Billy Jean

United States

#3253 Jan 28, 2013
Did you ever get rid of them? I have them...
Josh

Oklahoma City, OK

#3254 Jan 30, 2013
So I just did my first treatment with the 5% cream washed all my bedding and clothes but I'm still itching. What do I do now to help with all this
Lora

Mooresville, NC

#3255 Jan 30, 2013
i would suggest these products http://skinimprovements.com/scabies-cream-for... they even have a shampoo and medicated hair conditioner to kill the mites if it got on to the scalp - http://skinimprovements.com/head-scalp-hair-s...
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3257 Jan 31, 2013
I have got very good results using sulfur soap. Get a soft or natural bristle bath brush and use the sulfur soap. Take a shower or bath as usual when you get out dry off than use the sulfur soap. Use the bath brush to work it into the skin let it dry on your skin paying special attention to the most effected areas. You can also buy sulfur shampoo. This is a safe cheap and very effective way to get rid of scabies. Believe me it works. There is no need to us bleach, bleach is not safe to use, it is harmful to humans. I have found that the soap is more effective than the sulfur cream. You must work it into the skin with a cloth or as I do with a brush. Be gentle no need to brush to hard. It is simple and not to hard good luck. If you are concerned with furniture make a baking soda spray and spray the areas of concern with the baking soda solution let dry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My scabies might be bird mites (Jun '08) 2 hr Unni 53
How do you get ivermectin in Canada ? 11 hr Pops55 3
Sun drying clothes (Jun '08) 13 hr none 12
Post scabies 21 hr Fcuk Scabies 18
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) 21 hr Michele 131
Albendazole/Valbazen is a SCAM 22 hr Catzillaa 8
I am Cured (Dec '06) Tue MiteyFighter 978

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE