how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
john smith

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3259 Jan 31, 2013
man these scabies are killikng me i had it for a month an i want to know how i get rid of them please somebody help

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3260 Jan 31, 2013
john smith wrote:
man these scabies are killikng me i had it for a month an i want to know how i get rid of them please somebody help
Get a rx for prem 5% and get some iver. Do it ASAP! The faster you fight them the better you will be off!
had enough

Torrance, CA

#3262 Feb 4, 2013
clove oil- everywhere-http://www.ncbi.nlm .nih.gov/pubmed/20711455 research proves it kills them. do your head too!!!

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3265 Feb 6, 2013
Beware of the SULFUR SOAP sales people. They attack all products that they don't sell!

They don't care about you at all if fact they go way out of the way to try and harm anyone who stands up to them.
Read below the posting that has been posted on many other threads trying to get rid of me.

"For the information of people on this forum, Langoliers is also a consistent poster on the Scabies Forum. He and his wife have been infected for well over a year. He consistently posts some very dangerous and toxic "cures" there that are very dangerous to a persons health. He does this acting like some kind of authority when he is not even cured himself.
He also created a whole thread under an alternate identity just for his own pathetic amusement. he really needs to be in a psychiatric ward.

I invite anyone to go on the Scabies forum and read the drivel he posts as a remedy and then go and find real answers as to how detrimental it is. He even highly recommends Lindane which has resulted in seizures and deaths."
Happy jack

Elwood, IN

#3266 Feb 6, 2013
Happy Jack for animals gets rid of mites. Worked for the dogs and therefore makes sense that it worked for the household also, for fogging the house and whatever else you need it for. Also, fairly inexpensive. You will feel "crawly" while using the chemical.
umathr

New Market, MD

#3268 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Beware of the SULFUR SOAP sales people. They attack all products that they don't sell!
They don't care about you at all if fact they go way out of the way to try and harm anyone who stands up to them.
Read below the posting that has been posted on many other threads trying to get rid of me.
"For the information of people on this forum, Langoliers is also a consistent poster on the Scabies Forum. He and his wife have been infected for well over a year. He consistently posts some very dangerous and toxic "cures" there that are very dangerous to a persons health. He does this acting like some kind of authority when he is not even cured himself.
He also created a whole thread under an alternate identity just for his own pathetic amusement. he really needs to be in a psychiatric ward.
I invite anyone to go on the Scabies forum and read the drivel he posts as a remedy and then go and find real answers as to how detrimental it is. He even highly recommends Lindane which has resulted in seizures and deaths."
I am always saying that sulfur soap works because it does work. I dont think I have ever attacked any product exposed on this forum. Use what you want.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#3270 Feb 6, 2013
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>I am always saying that sulfur soap works because it does work. I dont think I have ever attacked any product exposed on this forum. Use what you want.
You're not the one doing the uncalled for attacks.

Fred aka Uncle Sam has been posting all over on other threads trying to expose that me and my wife have scabies and still do. Lol

My wife and I never had scabies.
This is most likely why his sulfur soap never helped me. But he's to much of a jerk to understand all that went on.

"Silica’s Function in Our Bodies

Skin: Silica is needed for collagen synthesis while activating enzymes that keep your skin elastic yet strong. Wrinkles are a sign that you are deficient in silica.

Bone: Silica stimulates the bone forming cells and seems to regulate the process by which bones form and repair themselves using nutritional minerals. As mentioned above, silica facilitates collagen synthesis. Collagen is the fibrous protein that makes bones flexible. Silica deficiencies produce brittle bones. Supplementing with silica helps broken bones heal faster.

Tendons (and ligaments): Collagen is a major component of ligaments and tendons.

Joints: Not only does silica play an important role in collagen formation, it is also needed to form cartilage and assists in maintaining water in your joints. We know that inflammation eats away at cartilage and now we know that silica helps to rebuild that cartilage.

Heart and Cardiovascular System: Silica is found in the inner lining of our arteries. Lesions in our arteries cause cholesterol to attach leading to atherosclerosis. In our Cardiovascular Articles we’ve noted that lack of vitamin C is a major cause of these lesions, and we now know that silica also helps in reducing these lesions. Studies show that the aorta and carotid artery (through the neck to the head) of healthy individuals (their arteries are clear of plaque) contain ten times the amount of silica than individuals with atherosclerotic plaque in those arteries.

Hair and Nails: Silica is the major mineral found in hair shafts and nails. Optimum amounts of silica keep hair flexible and shiny while keeping nails hard and strong. If your hair is falling out or your nails are brittle and soft, you might have a silica deficiency.

Lungs and Sinuses: Silica restores the mucus membrane in the sinuses and respiratory tract.

Teeth: Silica, besides being found in bone tissues is also found in enamel. One great use of diatomaceous earth is in tooth brushing. Add it to your paste or powder for really clean teeth.

Digestion: Silica is one tough fiber. Taking diatomaceous earth internally will keep you regular and kill parasites.

Detoxication: It is thought that silica can help to detox a number of things from the body, such as mercury, aluminum, and it’s even touted as killing e-coli. The research is not completed on this subject.

Sites selling diatomaceous earth tout long lists of benefits and uses for their products, but most are not backed by any solid research."

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3271 Feb 6, 2013
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2002-129/pdfs/2...

It's all chrystaline. I'm a mechanical designer and a materials engineer, in 2016 some of my designs will start to orbit Jupiter.

Don't be fooled by this minor league idiot, Langoliers.

Go look at the crazy stuff he posts on his "you have to have faith to be an atheist" thread in Topix , everyone hates him there too.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#3272 Feb 6, 2013
lotus_fan wrote:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/ 2002-129/pdfs/2002-129.pdf

It's all chrystaline. I'm a mechanical designer and a materials engineer, in 2016 some of my designs will start to orbit Jupiter.

Don't be fooled by this minor league idiot, Langoliers.

Go look at the crazy stuff he posts on his "you have to have faith to be an atheist" thread in Topix , everyone hates him there too.
Jr. Here is a post of mine.
Looks real harmful doesn't it?
LOL

I state to use a Doctor!
Poor Jr. No witch doctor potions sales here!

I Tried it all and now one year later i'm cured. And sulfur sales boy your products didn't help at all.

I beat them with a Doctor who gave me

1) Stromectol 5 5mg tablets once every seven days.

2) Lindane lotion 4 or 5 treatments

3) Diatom Earth lightly dusted on everything. And in bed with ya.
Alexis
#3273 Feb 8, 2013
I have had these scabbie looking bumps and its getting worse, for the past 5 months its gotten horrible with itching and bleeding. Nothing works! I dont know what to use or do. Its to the point its all over my body and my boyfriends to. what should we do?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3274 Feb 8, 2013
Alexis wrote:
I have had these scabbie looking bumps and its getting worse, for the past 5 months its gotten horrible with itching and bleeding. Nothing works! I dont know what to use or do. Its to the point its all over my body and my boyfriends to. what should we do?
Have you used the prem cream and iver pills?

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

#3275 Feb 8, 2013
Alexis wrote:
and have you been to a doctor? why have you waited five months??
Fred

Anonymous Proxy

#3279 Feb 9, 2013
Has anyone seen my alias?
MomOf2WthScabies

Muskogee, OK

#3280 Feb 9, 2013
I have one child in school and one who is only 3 and stays at home with me, both have scabies however my husband an I have had no symptoms.. "Yet" I am trying to pinpoint where the scabies came from. Probably will never know. This has been going on for 3 weeks. Everyone in the house has been treated and wondering when it is safe to lighten up a little bit on the cleaning bed linens everyday, and washing all jackets everyday that sort of stuff. I just noticed my cat was itching and I have read mixed comments on whether or not she can get scabies from the kids, so I put her in the garage to isolate her. Is that enough or does she need meds also? Also, did you guys clean hair brushes and makeup brushes? If so, how did you do it? Currently my things are still in a ziplock. Any help is appreciated.
bitefree

Spokane, WA

#3281 Feb 10, 2013
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
I have been on the battle for 30 days now with some success. The most relief was soaking in a hot as you can take it bath and dumping a tub of Sea Salt ($1) on my back and let it sit and soak in (10min). I now know what a slug feels like. It didn't burn but felt like it was eating away at the invisible critters biting me. I also have torn the cloth off of the box spring. ALL dirty clothes go in the front closet, clean clothes kept separate. Apple cider vinegar to cleanse floors + carpet. 91% alcohol to spray the car + coats + hats before and after wearing.(I just can't afford to wash/dry daily). Neem and clove oil have really helped to kill the scabies on my body. I don't itch when away from home. Mainly in my room or around affected item( like the dad at daycare with the worst sores, poor thing).Something else is biting us + all the neighbors have animals. Tonight I mixed 91% alcohol, Pine oil (pine-sol), apple cider vinegar, Dawn, clove oil, Vicks + Blue Star ointment(melted), sprayed the bed + blow dried. Not itching or feeling biting tonight. The most help for itch relief has been the sea salt from hair down, cleared my eczema too. I also put 7 bay leaves (laurel) and 2 sliced lemons in a small pot with 1cup water on low for an hour or so. Added that to bath scrubbed with leaves, used lemons like a wash cloth. then stood poured on salt, let stand 5 min, add dawn like a body scrub. rinsed pat dry, slathered in Apricot oil, Neem + clove oil. The kids got great relief with this treatment I did too. Good luck!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#3282 Feb 11, 2013
"What is Lindane Lotion?
Lindane Lotion is a medicine that is used to treat scabies. It kills scabies and their EGGS! Scabies are very small bugs that crawl under your skin, lay eggs, and cause severe itching. Lindane Lotion goes through your skin and kills the scabies and their eggs. Lindane Lotion is used only after safer medicines have not made your scabies go away. The only time Lindane Lotion is used first is when someone cannot use safer medicines, which may include permethrin and crotamiton.
Lindane Lotion is mainly for adults and children who weigh at least 110 pounds. If you weigh less than 110 pounds, use Lindane Lotion only if your doctor thinks it is really needed. People who weigh less than 110 pounds and the elderly have higher chances for side effects because more lindane may go through their skin."
Virtual Scabies

Hollywood, FL

#3283 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
"What is Lindane Lotion?
Lindane Lotion is a medicine that is used to treat scabies. It kills scabies and their EGGS! Scabies are very small bugs that crawl under your skin, lay eggs, and cause severe itching. Lindane Lotion goes through your skin and kills the scabies and their eggs. Lindane Lotion is used only after safer medicines have not made your scabies go away. The only time Lindane Lotion is used first is when someone cannot use safer medicines, which may include permethrin and crotamiton.
Lindane Lotion is mainly for adults and children who weigh at least 110 pounds. If you weigh less than 110 pounds, use Lindane Lotion only if your doctor thinks it is really needed. People who weigh less than 110 pounds and the elderly have higher chances for side effects because more lindane may go through their skin."
Lindane does not kill the scabies eggs.
There is nothing that kills the eggs under the skin.
Virtual Scabies

Hollywood, FL

#3284 Feb 11, 2013
If there was something that killed the eggs, we would all be using it, Lang.
disgusted

Burlington, IA

#3285 Feb 11, 2013
PATIENCE is needed i know this is so hard and stressful but permethrin and Stromectol work you may have to use several times but anyone close to you needs to be treated also remember elderly people often DO NOT show symptoms which dermatologist dont always fill you in on atleast mine didn't,
VACUUM everything wash all bedding and any clothes worn during the infestation!!! I KNOW THIS IS A NIGHTMARE IVE BEEN DEALING WITH IT FOR 6 MONTHS, i picked it up from the hospital when giving birth.
I wish the best luck to everyone that's living with this hell people that have not dealt with this have no idea the amount of stress and aggravation this causes. ALSO TEMEMBER IT TAKES 4-6 WEEKS FOR BUMPS TO GO AWAY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN TREATED, WATCH FOR NEW CLEAR BLISTERS ON YOUR HAND AND FINGERS IF THEY KEEP APPERAING TREAT AGAIN!
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ONLINE PRODUCTS THEY ARE s**T
not so new2this

New York, NY

#3286 Feb 17, 2013
Greetings -- checking in, I know we all have very different cases, some of us have been infested for quite a long time, some of you are catching it early-- thank God!
And of course those of us without health insurance don't get to get very extensive testing or treatment. I have an envelope full of disgusting samples of bugs that came out of my skin over the last 4 months (stuck to tape) and wish I could find a way to determine if its scabies or some other mite. Since they are tough to get rid of and started on my scalp, apparently, I realize it may be a different sort of mite that is esp hard to get rid of.
I also have occasional mice (just saw one today, had thought they were gone! Don't like glue traps and the landlord is negligent about spraying but maybe there is something else I can do, these are not welcome guests)
I would say I am at a point that I think the scabies are in retreat but not definitely done. I am tired of all the washing but will continue. Maybe sometimes will leave sheet on for two days, also its blanket season so all this blanket washing gets the laundrymat suspicious.
Having done the permethrin and ivermectin treatments a number of times, which may be enough for some cases, I am now getting more into the creams and oils stuff which as a guy I was never interested in (if I may stereotype myself)... yes sulfur soap and lotion on the skin , mineral oil and tea tree oil on my scalp overnight, Apple Cider vinegar, squirts of Veterinary Permethrin here and there, and a weekly dose of ivermectin from one source or another. Laurel (Aleppo) soap and Coal tar soap help a bit and borax on clothes. I have also bought a bottle of Chinese medicine that is mostly Citronella-- s light swab in the nostrils seems to have flushed out the nasties hiding in my sinuses though I wonder if there is any risk in dong so. SO far so good.
Why still the Ivermectin? I have that crawling feeling inside my knees and scalp later in the afternoon which I don't know if it's post-scabies syndrome (nerve damage?) or mites romancing and making sweet love in the fertile landscape of my deeper dermis. Or imagination! But for a day or two after the dose I don't feel any such stirrings, which continue to be unnerving.
Yes I can treat the symptoms but is that enough? I am pretty sure I was really full of these bugs at one time not too long ago. I probably made it much worse in the beginning by scratching my scalp really a lot, as I recall. Don't do this!!!
I also wonder about all the microscopic particles that are still coming out of my hands when I rub them or put oils on them. I really wish an expert (NOT a regular doctor but a scientist) would explain.
If these particles are no longer scabies and/or larvae, as they once were (dark in color) are these bits of the structures that the mites built within us?
Here's my weird theory: scabies/mites are spider-related insects, and I fully expect they also build webs within us, which is why we have odd pangs in different part of our bodies, first in one place and then in another, as there has been a connection or trail constructed. And the reason mites manifest much more quickly in those who have had them previously is that some trails/webs remain intact and they can follow them and not have to construct them again.
OK scientist, refute this rather medieval theory! Maybe it's daft. But there is too much unknown about these bugs.
Any comments about anything are welcome. Patience and strength to all on this "thread" :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 6 hr Bill 983
IMPORTANT: Ivermectin Dosage (Feb '08) 16 hr Zahid 227
Post scabies treatment ECZEMA or ALLERGIC REACT... Fri Problem solved 3
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) Fri cry 112
Turmeric Pill for Scabies? (Jan '11) Thu Indian treatment 3
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Thu caggi 884
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) Nov 30 Sasha 147
More from around the web