how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Amby

Rochester, NH

#3123 Dec 13, 2012
MMS wrote:
My daughter brought scabies home from a friend now we all have it except for my husband , he takes cold showers can that be why, because aren't they suppose to be very contagious? Well my question is this for my girls and I, how can I get rid of them, I used permethrin 5% washed everything couch covers everything I still have them , I research allot & found out about many different things leaving me more confused. Which one is the best to use, Clorox 1 ts, tee tree oil, Burt's bees, baby oil , some much more please anyone who has found something worth trying that would really work please let me know !!!!
Your husband most likely does have them as well. For people with healthy immune systems it can take up to 4 weeks to begin seeing and feeling the pain. However, when you treat for scabies your should treat the whole house. Put RID on all the furniture and wash ALL clothes not in a closet or drawer in hot water on the same day as you do the treatment. I have seen that line drying clothes in the summer is actually more effective than standard dryers, but nuke the clothes for an hour on high and it should kill everything. Your husband also might not be displaying symptoms now, but be cautious. If you have them and you sleep in the same bed he DOES have them. He will reinfect you within a couple of weeks unless he is doing the treatment as well.
Missing my family

Ardsley, NY

#3124 Dec 14, 2012
I have had this for 7 months and my husband who I slept with every night till a month ago never caught scabies he and my daughter both did prem treatments went I found out I had but by that time I had scabies for 3 months. Both never caught it thank God! I would have him treat himself just in case though. MMS do the prem from your scalp to your toe don't miss an inch! Then repeat again 7 days after your going to feel itchy for a while post scabies. Make sure the house is clean and don't wear the same shoes (I reinfected myself this way) I went by what the doc said and made a few mistakes. I'm not cured but, after my 3rd prem treatment I didn't itch at all, but I did have the crawling feeling. I Also on the 3rd treatment didn't do my scalp, which now forces me to do prem again. Hot Salt and vinegar baths will help with the post scabies itch and help push the deaf mites out. Good luck, worse thing to have during the holidays.
umathr

New Market, MD

#3125 Dec 14, 2012
MMS wrote:
My daughter brought scabies home from a friend now we all have it except for my husband , he takes cold showers can that be why, because aren't they suppose to be very contagious? Well my question is this for my girls and I, how can I get rid of them, I used permethrin 5% washed everything couch covers everything I still have them , I research allot & found out about many different things leaving me more confused. Which one is the best to use, Clorox 1 ts, tee tree oil, Burt's bees, baby oil , some much more please anyone who has found something worth trying that would really work please let me know !!!!
Sulfur soap really works you can also get sulfur shampoo. A good place to get the soap is sulfurointment.com
You could call your local pharmacy and ask them amazon.com has a lot of sulfur products.
new2this

New York, NY

#3126 Dec 14, 2012
Though the "five percent solution" has some value, and might yet work for you, I took ivermectin yesterday and the change is remarkable so far. Though the doctor was not used to prescribing this, he did and I am hopeful. Too early to tell...

I dont think tea tree oil etc can do the trick though I do like it... I think bleach solutions may help with nails and maybe feet, and someone suggested drying clothes in microwave if you have it or oven... because those of us who use laundrymats dont get very high heat and the bugs just think they are at six flags. So far putting sheets and underwear in the oven has been helpful!
hells critters

Minneapolis, MN

#3127 Dec 20, 2012
Hi all,
This is truly a nightmare, We've had these things for 3 months now and am losing my mind getting rid of them.
I take bleach and borax baths, wash and or dry my sheets daily, vaccum daily, spray the permetrin(farm grade) that I mixed myself every day and wash clothes all the time. Tried the permethrin, it works at first and them voila..reinfest. I don't have the typical burrows, but the raised welts, I can feel the crawling on my body hair and the pin prick biting.
Our next option is moving out for a couple of weeks into a motel, i'm wondering if anyone has done it this way...how, and what they did to make it work.
Please help, this situation has brought me places i've never been mentally and I don't know what to do anymore.
Thanks in advance
hells critters

Minneapolis, MN

#3128 Dec 20, 2012
About2GoInsane wrote:
Me & my almost 5 year old son have been dealing with scabies since being diagnosed almost 3 years ago...I have used the cream, thrown out couches, gotten a bag-less vacuum, wrapped and bagged clothing, stuffed animals, mattresses....it keeps coming back. I am very clean and vacuum everyday..to live our lives in isolation over this long time span has become mentally and emotionally challenging...I cannot pursue an intimate relationship bc of the fear of infecting someone. My son cannot have friends over...I am a single parent and I do not have the money to throw out our mattresses and boxsprings which I believe are a main culprit...I live on a 3rd story and do not even have the manpower to get the mattresses out of my apt. My washer broke a few months ago and since the infestations are worse than ever..I cannot afford to get another washer and I do not have the money to wash our clothes in the apt laundry mat every day. I am allergic to sulfa so borax is not an alternative to me. I sit here wanting to scream. I know what I need to get rid of these things....to get rid of mattresses/boxsprings, a steamer to steam carpets and clothes, and a new washer but where would I possibly get these things when I am barely making ends meet. My body is broken out from my neck down-even wearing a bra hurts, I itch uncontrollably. I have managed in the past to keep getting the cream to help for a time but even now I cannot afford it so what am I to do? The doctors seem like they dont believe you and treat you for an allergic reaction---a bill for $400 when all I want is the cream and some assistance to resources that will help rid them once and for all. My life is starting to consist of drinking bc I am so lonely...scared to hug anyone, to have company, to go to anyone's house....
hi there, i'm sorry to hear of your struggle as well. I'm complaining about 3 months of it, but I know how terrible it is, cant imagine 3 years.
The post about the mattress cover is right, their around 35 at the local store. Also,(it sounds crazy) but bleach baths seems to help a lot, that and invest in a couple loofa sponges to help scrub them off.
I don't know if you can, but basically we'll be moving into a motel for a couple weeks where we can control them more easily and leave the rest at home to die.
I feel bad for you and if I was closer, I would come over and give you a hand getting that stuff out, after all, we're all in the same unfortunate boat. Be well and stay strong, this too will pass.
Steve

Hunters Hill, Australia

#3131 Dec 21, 2012
I had Scabies for approximately 9 months and have finally got rid of it. My successful treatment took 6 weeks and was as follows:
Day 1 - Lyclear
Day 2 - Ivermectin
Day 3 - Ivermectin
Day 8 - Lyclear
Day 9 - Ivermectin
Day 10 - Ivermectin
Day 15 - Lyclear
Day 16 - Ivermectin
Day 17 - Ivermectin
Day 23 - Ivermectin
Day 30 - Ivermectin
Day 37 - Ivermectin
Note: Lyclear was on for at least 18 hours per treatment, I had researched and found any time less than this did not kill all of the live scabies.
I took antihistamine tablets daily, and used Tea Tree Oil to try to ease the itching on the worst affected areas. After the first couple of weeks I diluted the TeaTree Oil in Jojoba oil (10% to 90%)and used it more liberally all over my body daily after showering. I also added Tea Tree Oil to my shampoo. I used Lyclear on my head and parts of my face (as I had scabies there too) so found one tube per application was not enough. I wash only in QV soapfree wash to limit irritation.
I now have diagnosed folliculitis (maybe spelt that wrong) and am on an antibiotic treatment which is working well. My dermatologist said that occured as a result of my constant scratching during my scabies outbreak.
If anybody tries this treatment please don't dispare when you are still getting some outbreaks at week 5 - it did take the full 6 weeks for my scabies to finally go and during the treatment there were times when I thought it wouldn't work.
My treatment was a result of my own research with the way Aboriginies are treated in Northern Territory - there's plenty of information on this available from the web.
I'm not for one second suggesting anybody copy my treatment - I'm just saying what worked for me.
Some of the treatment suggestions on this forum are frightening. I know Scabies is an experience I don't want to go through again. Finally, I used Ivermectin Horse paste as the doctor wouldn't prescribe it. It was the one with just Ivermectin and no other ingredients. Good luck to you all.
Missing my family

Ardsley, NY

#3132 Dec 21, 2012
Steve wrote:
I had Scabies for approximately 9 months and have finally got rid of it. My successful treatment took 6 weeks and was as follows:
Day 1 - Lyclear
Day 2 - Ivermectin
Day 3 - Ivermectin
Day 8 - Lyclear
Day 9 - Ivermectin
Day 10 - Ivermectin
Day 15 - Lyclear
Day 16 - Ivermectin
Day 17 - Ivermectin
Day 23 - Ivermectin
Day 30 - Ivermectin
Day 37 - Ivermectin
Note: Lyclear was on for at least 18 hours per treatment, I had researched and found any time less than this did not kill all of the live scabies.
I took antihistamine tablets daily, and used Tea Tree Oil to try to ease the itching on the worst affected areas. After the first couple of weeks I diluted the TeaTree Oil in Jojoba oil (10% to 90%)and used it more liberally all over my body daily after showering. I also added Tea Tree Oil to my shampoo. I used Lyclear on my head and parts of my face (as I had scabies there too) so found one tube per application was not enough. I wash only in QV soapfree wash to limit irritation.
I now have diagnosed folliculitis (maybe spelt that wrong) and am on an antibiotic treatment which is working well. My dermatologist said that occured as a result of my constant scratching during my scabies outbreak.
If anybody tries this treatment please don't dispare when you are still getting some outbreaks at week 5 - it did take the full 6 weeks for my scabies to finally go and during the treatment there were times when I thought it wouldn't work.
My treatment was a result of my own research with the way Aboriginies are treated in Northern Territory - there's plenty of information on this available from the web.
I'm not for one second suggesting anybody copy my treatment - I'm just saying what worked for me.
Some of the treatment suggestions on this forum are frightening. I know Scabies is an experience I don't want to go through again. Finally, I used Ivermectin Horse paste as the doctor wouldn't prescribe it. It was the one with just Ivermectin and no other ingredients. Good luck to you all.
Hi Steve, when you did the iver did you not bathe for 24-30 hours? Also did you eat a big greasy meal like others have? When did you know you were scabie free? Did you do the regular cleaning snd changing sheets everyday? I started the iver Sunday and did my 5th prem treatment 7 days before I had did the 4th. It's good to know someone who's had this nasty mite for so long beat it!
new2this

New York, NY

#3134 Dec 21, 2012
Well 2 ivermectins and 3 permethrins have not yet worked except its less in my feet and legs. Its now popping up in miniscule form in a number of spots all over. I ordered some cheaper stuff and hope it will arrive soon because I doubt my current doctor will again prescribe the ivermectin...

Can someone tell me... the 10 percent Permethrin I ordered-- should I mix that with vaseline and will that result in 5 percent or remain 10 percent? Is that too strong?

I was afraid to order the horse past version of Ivermectin because the stuff can be dangerous in wrong dosage-- no? And even the perm cream has some formaldehide... I will also try sulfur to help this along...

The critters ARE getting smaller and I wonder what that could mean. My guess is that they may be from deeper layers of skin where they have to be smaller. In the beginning they were definitely larger and even a few quite large.

Does anyone sense that they inflitrate the lungs or bronchial tubes? I know that seems paranoid, but since each ivermectin treatment I breathe easier and deeper. Also I feel that a sore broke open in my nose and that I have some sharp tiny mites in my nostrils and escaping :(

Though I am trying to keep changing sheets and clothing, I realize there is some risk of reinfection but I cannot take off from work and travel since I just started a job. I am nervous about giving thsi to someone! Is it all the nymphs that can infect or just the females?

Doctors are really missing in action and maybe afraid to speak up because of liability concerns, since folks are desperately trying various remedies. Shame on the doctors.

Interesting 37 day "protocol" from Steve. Would like to hear more.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3136 Dec 24, 2012
new2this wrote:
The critters ARE getting smaller and I wonder what that could mean. My guess is that they may be from deeper layers of skin where they have to be smaller. In the beginning they were definitely larger and even a few quite large.
Does anyone sense that they inflitrate the lungs or bronchial tubes? I know that seems paranoid, but since each ivermectin treatment I breathe easier and deeper. Also I feel that a sore broke open in my nose and that I have some sharp tiny mites in my nostrils and escaping :(
Though I am trying to keep changing sheets and clothing, I realize there is some risk of reinfection but I cannot take off from work and travel since I just started a job. I am nervous about giving thsi to someone! Is it all the nymphs that can infect or just the females?
Just wanted to say that it seems that bird mites will definitely infest lungs and sinuses. According to the medical people, human scabies do not. Of course, their knowledge of this seems to be pretty sketchy. If you happen to see pictures of infested birds, you will feel for them. Bird mites will also live much longer than regular human scabies, so the cleaning protocol needs to be maintained. I have had the same diminution of symptoms from my lungs and throat as you, as I have used internal medications. I've been using the borax as described on the Borax solution - CURE thread, but don't have time to do everything described, just the internal borax and food grade H2O2.
new2this

New York, NY

#3137 Dec 24, 2012
I may yet try the borax solution, starting with external... but just took ivermectin # 3.

I was impressed that the second ivermectin forced them out of my sinuses and that I can breath much more deeply-- had forgotten what that's like, and hadn't really fully realized what I had lost!

Is the external borax a drying agent or a poison? How about the sulfur, which I am using now?

Since it seems necessary to treat face and head, is there some sort of risk of any of these topicals on the head?

Thanks Canuckette for your thoughts... I will now start considering the option that it might be bird mites... dont want to assume I know, and I am guessing that dermatologists also tend not to know... wonder how long these live off my body in that case and if heat and cold will be equally helpful at least in reducing their number from my clothes, along with washing... melted one of my bank cards in trying to properly heat my clothes in the oven...! Surprisingly it still works... are mites as tough as bankcards?:)

I guess my Xmas is on hold... but best wishes to all on this Forum!

Location hidden

#3138 Dec 24, 2012
new2this wrote:
I may yet try the borax solution, starting with external... but just took ivermectin # 3.
I was impressed that the second ivermectin forced them out of my sinuses and that I can breath much more deeply-- had forgotten what that's like, and hadn't really fully realized what I had lost!
Is the external borax a drying agent or a poison? How about the sulfur, which I am using now?
Since it seems necessary to treat face and head, is there some sort of risk of any of these topicals on the head?
Thanks Canuckette for your thoughts... I will now start considering the option that it might be bird mites... dont want to assume I know, and I am guessing that dermatologists also tend not to know... wonder how long these live off my body in that case and if heat and cold will be equally helpful at least in reducing their number from my clothes, along with washing... melted one of my bank cards in trying to properly heat my clothes in the oven...! Surprisingly it still works... are mites as tough as bankcards?:)
I guess my Xmas is on hold... but best wishes to all on this Forum!
Merry Christmas anyway New! My husband was cleared of this by taking ivermectin pills from India (called 'Canadian' but it isn't). His was never as bad as mine. Mine just got better, but not cured. Sulfur works well if you are not allergic to it. Re: borax, there's no problem putting it on your head or face, just that it is very drying, so you'll need to use some lotion or oil with it. Freezing hasn't helped my situation, but it has helped others. Considering that northern bird mites survive winter as they wait for their victims to return to the nest, that might be what is affecting me, but certainly not everyone. Borax in the laundry or in the shoes is helpful. We use 1 cup of borax and about the same amount of ammonia, along with some detergent. That will kill anything, but is a bit hard on some colours, as well as some elastics. It's worth it though. You're on the right track. So at least you can be happy about that.

Location hidden

#3139 Dec 24, 2012
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be great advice but you're not dealing with scabies. You might have had scabies at one point but scabies can't survive what you've put them through. After all the toxic stuff you've dumped on yourself and your kid you are dealing with hypertoxicity. So as you inhale your next whiff of windex you might consider doing some chemical detox and eliminating chemicals and heavy metals from your environment.
Chorella and cilantro are great for detoxing metals. If you did the detox right you could be symptom free in a few weeks. The thing with hypertoxicity syndrome is the symptoms are the same as a mite infection. Since you rubbed a bunch of Advantix all over yourself which is highly toxic the toxicity symptoms are almost guaranteed.
Quit using chemicals in the bath too. A lot of people on this forum are suffering from toxicity issues, some have mites and some don't want to think about anything beyond simple.
here is a good general detox video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pMB_Q8LlKyIXX
Mix a detox protocol with some far infrared treatment to detox all the nasty stuff you've accumilated in your body over your life as well as all the horrible stuff you've put yourself through from the scabies forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
detox - release- recover----
Well, I believe Santa Claus sees all and knows all, but he doesn't live in Denver. What makes you think that I haven't done all those things you mentioned. As I've said before, I've been into natural health for many years, so none of this is new. However nothing I knew about prepared me for this mess. Don't be so quick to jump to negative conclusions about everyone else.

Since: Dec 12

New York, NY

#3140 Dec 24, 2012
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>Just wanted to say that it seems that bird mites will definitely infest lungs and sinuses. According to the medical people, human scabies do not. Of course, their knowledge of this seems to be pretty sketchy. If you happen to see pictures of infested birds, you will feel for them. Bird mites will also live much longer than regular human scabies, so the cleaning protocol needs to be maintained. I have had the same diminution of symptoms from my lungs and throat as you, as I have used internal medications. I've been using the borax as described on the Borax solution - CURE thread, but don't have time to do everything described, just the internal borax and food grade H2O2.
Hey. Where did you buy those food grade hydrogen peroxide?
Wow

Sammamish, WA

#3141 Dec 24, 2012
I just wanted to say you are all absolutely nuts.

Use permethrin max 3 times, and there is virtually no way scabies can survive. It's an insect neurotoxin for pete's sake.

If that fails, you're either:
1) Not suffering from scabies
2) Applying the drug wrong
3) Immunocompromised, in which case, use pulses of ivermectin with permethrin.

Please don't turn your back on modern medicine. That's how people like you end up in these situations. Good luck with your lives!
Wow

Sammamish, WA

#3142 Dec 24, 2012
Also, you're all a bunch of faggoteers.
MMS

Vero Beach, FL

#3143 Dec 25, 2012
umathr wrote:
<quoted text> Sulfur soap really works you can also get sulfur shampoo. A good place to get the soap is sulfurointment.com
You could call your local pharmacy and ask them amazon.com has a lot of sulfur products.
Thank you
MMS

Vero Beach, FL

#3144 Dec 25, 2012
Amby wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband most likely does have them as well. For people with healthy immune systems it can take up to 4 weeks to begin seeing and feeling the pain. However, when you treat for scabies your should treat the whole house. Put RID on all the furniture and wash ALL clothes not in a closet or drawer in hot water on the same day as you do the treatment. I have seen that line drying clothes in the summer is actually more effective than standard dryers, but nuke the clothes for an hour on high and it should kill everything. Your husband also might not be displaying symptoms now, but be cautious. If you have them and you sleep in the same bed he DOES have them. He will reinfect you within a couple of weeks unless he is doing the treatment as well.
Thank you
new2this

New York, NY

#3146 Dec 25, 2012
Dont understand why folks need invective when we have invermectin. Anyway yesterday took the third invermectin and applied permethrin that I obtained from Amazon. Observations:

The mix of 10 percent permetrhin and water is easily applied to the hair and since I had large burrows in my scalp this was important even though I was nervous about applying it to my head along with the reast of the body. The previous cream applications to the hair were spotty and probably not fully successful since the cream does not soak in. Hairline application is certainly not sufficient treatment.

There is a chance that my mite is actually bird mite, in part because it started on the back side of my head and behind the ears many months ago. Some few that have emerged are really quite large, though many others are infinitesmal. I save some samples on tape but have not yet invested in a microscope. It would cost money to submit samples elsewhere and I would want to sort through these to eliminate skin flakes or branflakes or whatever and not waste my money. Anyway the bird mite seems to require the same treatement protocols as scabies.

I have to say that both sulfur and permethrin cream scared up alot of bugs that I did not see before. In fact, it was not before my very first application of 1 percent "Rid" shampoo in late November that I even saw the bugs. They had been happy to stay in my body!

Since then each treatment has shifted them to erupt in different locations. Just before the more recent application I had had an eruption on my forehead near the hairline and a fairly long red scabby line on my ankle.

Reading the comment above makes me think that some people can be asymptomatic for a long time. But then...

After previous applications felt renewed movement of these creatures but less so this time. I realize there are such things as eggs but it does give me some hope that the numbers of adults and burrowed females is much reduced-- or even gone, God willing.

At the risk of going on too long I just want to say that I may have left the permethrin stuff on a couple of hours too long last night and I hope have not done damage to myself. I was a bit confused because I took the oral dose and didnt want to shower but also had the perm on my skin. So I may have overdone it -- my face is rather pink even 8 hours after removing the stuff this morning-- any advice?

Hope to all.

Location hidden

#3147 Dec 25, 2012
new2this wrote:
At the risk of going on too long I just want to say that I may have left the permethrin stuff on a couple of hours too long last night and I hope have not done damage to myself. I was a bit confused because I took the oral dose and didnt want to shower but also had the perm on my skin. So I may have overdone it -- my face is rather pink even 8 hours after removing the stuff this morning-- any advice?
Hope to all.
Some people are sensitive to the permethrin cream, so that may be all it is. When I had bad reactions to whatever, the effects didn't last very long. Tell us how you're doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 11 hr Vanessa 452
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 15 hr Rob in Vancouver 315
Do scabies get in your throat? (Nov '10) 20 hr Kaie tylor- 53
The search for Scabies FACTS brought me here ... 21 hr EP Endlessly Perp... 3
Does this sound like scabies or eczema to you? 22 hr Down South 2
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Wed Rene O 612
Cold water makes scabies exit skin (Aug '14) Tue Guapo4life 17