how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
new2this

New York, NY

#3094 Dec 7, 2012
Basketball player wrote:
I'm 16, Junior in high school, Freshman in college. I was infested by this awful, awful mite a year ago, thought it was gone. Today I learned I have it again, and it's messing with my mind, I swear. I tried committing suicide last time I had these mites (xanax od) but unfortunately lived. I used to be a very very good basketball player but due to my scabies I can't focus for more than 10 seconds without having to itch so my love for the game is gone. I don't know what to do. I seem hopeless.
Please its not losing your life over! Dont let the bugs win this game! Speaking to some people about it, maybe that will help.

Just alot of washing, and the treatments, and you can change the score....:)
TOOMUCH

Walnut Creek, CA

#3096 Dec 7, 2012
TO: MISSING MY FAMILY: The crawling is a condition that is common. Finding relief is key. A spray of Sulfur ointment and Sulfur powder keeps any environmental mites away from your skin.

Yes, you still might feel the crawling for a few months, with no bites.

That is sometimes common, but will go away.
TOOMUCH

Walnut Creek, CA

#3097 Dec 7, 2012
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think it is a little strange that people r so hostile to sulfur. Sulfur is so cheap there. I knew I would be attacked for recommending any site but sulfurointment.com they are great I love them for there fast prompt professional service and delivering a product that works and is safe and is made in the USA also the soap and two pounds of sulfur ointment costs less than 100 dollars and that includes shipping I think. I have wasted so much money on non cures the first thing I got years ago 3ml of oregano oil for 40 dollars you can imagine that went a long way and burned k\like hell and smelled horrible. But one of the most important things to know about scabies is that they have a clock and it is the opposite of yours they wake up at midnight and really get going around 3 and are asleep by around 6. Take this into consideration when fighting them. If one of your sulfur treatments can be at 3 in the morning so much the better. Sulfur works it is cheap safe and effective im not a shill for anyone I have been through hell with scabies Scabies should be a matter for the health department if as a society you do nothing and are not involved in the
eradication of scabies and they could and should be eradicated then you are total bs you have failed it really shows what kind of a society we live in and its not a pretty site. You can make your own sulfur cream I did and im loving it it costs almost nothing. Get your soaps and cream and sulfur where ever you want. I did get sulfur powder from dudadiesel.com there in Alabama sulfurointment.com is in Oklahoma. Both of these companies were very professional and prompt and cheap. So get the soap and a bath brush with a handle so you can wash you back. Fighting scabies can kind of tiring try to stay calm and focused.
Sulfur was my saving grace. I sued it in combination with a few other things, but sulfur was the key.
Missing my family

Everett, MA

#3098 Dec 7, 2012
TOOMUCH wrote:
TO: MISSING MY FAMILY: The crawling is a condition that is common. Finding relief is key. A spray of Sulfur ointment and Sulfur powder keeps any environmental mites away from your skin.
Yes, you still might feel the crawling for a few months, with no bites.
That is sometimes common, but will go away.
Thanks Too much..how long have you been scabie free?
new2this

New York, NY

#3099 Dec 8, 2012
Hear it gets itchier after application but it's two days after my second Permethrin application, I do feel a fair amount of crawlies and also some granular little thingies and three tiny black scabs that did not seem attached to me. I assume but dont know if the bugs that emerge are dead?

So as in the first time around with Permethrin 5%, after the application there are new eruptions, scabs or sores. Are the bugs fleeing my body? Is it just my skin reacting?

I have not been able to magnify anything so am just guessing. Are the things that are super tiny and almost sharp to the touch and the things that are about the size of a greyish sesame seed the same thing?

Not much left in the tube but wonder about wisdom of spot applications between major applications. I somehow feel like I am going to at least need a third.....

Not yet sure if I will try sulfur but how can that be useful on the head, in the hair? Somehow, though the literature suggests these mites dont live in the hair, I believe I transferred them there quite some time ago by scratching and have burrows, which are now cracking open. Ugh! I see how people can become neurotic from this but I will keep battling this.

Do folks agree that they can't live in clothes more than 3 days?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3101 Dec 9, 2012
Basketball player wrote:
I'm 16, Junior in high school, Freshman in college. I was infested by this awful, awful mite a year ago, thought it was gone. Today I learned I have it again, and it's messing with my mind, I swear. I tried committing suicide last time I had these mites (xanax od) but unfortunately lived. I used to be a very very good basketball player but due to my scabies I can't focus for more than 10 seconds without having to itch so my love for the game is gone. I don't know what to do. I seem hopeless.
Check out the beginning of the "Borax Solution - CURE" thread. It works from the inside out. Ignore all the disgusting stuff later on and just follow the instructions. She did a lot more than the basic recipes. I'm just doing the basics and it's working. If you haven't had it long, it should work fairly quickly.
About2GoInsane

Crowley, TX

#3102 Dec 9, 2012
Me & my almost 5 year old son have been dealing with scabies since being diagnosed almost 3 years ago...I have used the cream, thrown out couches, gotten a bag-less vacuum, wrapped and bagged clothing, stuffed animals, mattresses....it keeps coming back. I am very clean and vacuum everyday..to live our lives in isolation over this long time span has become mentally and emotionally challenging...I cannot pursue an intimate relationship bc of the fear of infecting someone. My son cannot have friends over...I am a single parent and I do not have the money to throw out our mattresses and boxsprings which I believe are a main culprit...I live on a 3rd story and do not even have the manpower to get the mattresses out of my apt. My washer broke a few months ago and since the infestations are worse than ever..I cannot afford to get another washer and I do not have the money to wash our clothes in the apt laundry mat every day. I am allergic to sulfa so borax is not an alternative to me. I sit here wanting to scream. I know what I need to get rid of these things....to get rid of mattresses/boxsprings, a steamer to steam carpets and clothes, and a new washer but where would I possibly get these things when I am barely making ends meet. My body is broken out from my neck down-even wearing a bra hurts, I itch uncontrollably. I have managed in the past to keep getting the cream to help for a time but even now I cannot afford it so what am I to do? The doctors seem like they dont believe you and treat you for an allergic reaction---a bill for $400 when all I want is the cream and some assistance to resources that will help rid them once and for all. My life is starting to consist of drinking bc I am so lonely...scared to hug anyone, to have company, to go to anyone's house....
umathr

New Market, MD

#3103 Dec 10, 2012
Missing my family wrote:
<quoted text>
Confused...
Do you still feel them? For me I feel something crawling on my scalp and sometimes on all over my body. I don't feel itchie, no new marks or
I do not feel them right now they are on the wain. I do still feel itchy and I know I still have them. Today I washed my legs with sulfur soap and did not rinse it off then I applied a diatomaceous soil and clay mixture on my legs let dry. If you work some sulfur soap into your scalp you wont feel them on your scalp anymore.
Missing my family

Springfield, NJ

#3104 Dec 10, 2012
umathr wrote:
<quoted text> I do not feel them right now they are on the wain. I do still feel itchy and I know I still have them. Today I washed my legs with sulfur soap and did not rinse it off then I applied a diatomaceous soil and clay mixture on my legs let dry. If you work some sulfur soap into your scalp you wont feel them on your scalp anymore.
I ordered some sulfur soap, hoping it gets delivered today. I'm planning on doing a prem treatment tonight, and putting it on my scalp, because the 1st 3x I did order some invertimin 1%...I'm praying to God that this will kill the crawls, and the tiny bites. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery. I know how much of a mental toll this can be.
umathr

New Market, MD

#3105 Dec 10, 2012
About2GoInsane wrote:
Me & my almost 5 year old son have been dealing with scabies since being diagnosed almost 3 years ago...I have used the cream, thrown out couches, gotten a bag-less vacuum, wrapped and bagged clothing, stuffed animals, mattresses....it keeps coming back. I am very clean and vacuum everyday..to live our lives in isolation over this long time span has become mentally and emotionally challenging...I cannot pursue an intimate relationship bc of the fear of infecting someone. My son cannot have friends over...I am a single parent and I do not have the money to throw out our mattresses and boxsprings which I believe are a main culprit...I live on a 3rd story and do not even have the manpower to get the mattresses out of my apt. My washer broke a few months ago and since the infestations are worse than ever..I cannot afford to get another washer and I do not have the money to wash our clothes in the apt laundry mat every day. I am allergic to sulfa so borax is not an alternative to me. I sit here wanting to scream. I know what I need to get rid of these things....to get rid of mattresses/boxsprings, a steamer to steam carpets and clothes, and a new washer but where would I possibly get these things when I am barely making ends meet. My body is broken out from my neck down-even wearing a bra hurts, I itch uncontrollably. I have managed in the past to keep getting the cream to help for a time but even now I cannot afford it so what am I to do? The doctors seem like they dont believe you and treat you for an allergic reaction---a bill for $400 when all I want is the cream and some assistance to resources that will help rid them once and for all. My life is starting to consist of drinking bc I am so lonely...scared to hug anyone, to have company, to go to anyone's house....
please order some sulfur soapfrom sulfurointment.com you will get 8 bars of soap for 25 dollars start using the soap as much as you can stand and all over please work it into your skin with a bath brushbefore you go to bed use the soap do not rinse it off sleep in it let it get on your sheets if the scabies wake youu up at nigth use the soap give them a ggood scrubbing. do not rinse the soap off keep using the soap

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3106 Dec 10, 2012
"Me & my almost 5 year old son have been dealing with scabies since being diagnosed almost 3 years..."
First: I am severely allergic to sulfa but I have no problem whatsoever with the borax. They are not the same thing. Borax and H2O2 are likely the cheapest rememdies you can find.
Second: You poor little son doesn't need an alcoholic for a mother. This is war,so you have to be on top of your game.
Third: You don't need to throw out your mattresses. You need to get a zippered plastic or vinyl cover for your mattresses from Walmart. Spray them down with Windex and wipe with paper towels every day when you are changing your bedsheets.
Fourth: Disperse borax on your carpets and rub it in as much as you can, leave for a day ot two, then vacuum.
Fifth: Some of us have been where you are now, and we are finally coming out on the other side. You can do it too.
FRED

Denver, CO

#3107 Dec 10, 2012
Canuckette wrote:
"Me & my almost 5 year old son have been dealing with scabies since being diagnosed almost 3 years..."
First: I am severely allergic to sulfa but I have no problem whatsoever with the borax. They are not the same thing. Borax and H2O2 are likely the cheapest rememdies you can find.
Second: You poor little son doesn't need an alcoholic for a mother. This is war,so you have to be on top of your game.
Third: You don't need to throw out your mattresses. You need to get a zippered plastic or vinyl cover for your mattresses from Walmart. Spray them down with Windex and wipe with paper towels every day when you are changing your bedsheets.
Fourth: Disperse borax on your carpets and rub it in as much as you can, leave for a day ot two, then vacuum.
Fifth: Some of us have been where you are now, and we are finally coming out on the other side. You can do it too.
That would be great advice but you're not dealing with scabies. You might have had scabies at one point but scabies can't survive what you've put them through. After all the toxic stuff you've dumped on yourself and your kid you are dealing with hypertoxicity. So as you inhale your next whiff of windex you might consider doing some chemical detox and eliminating chemicals and heavy metals from your environment.

Chorella and cilantro are great for detoxing metals. If you did the detox right you could be symptom free in a few weeks. The thing with hypertoxicity syndrome is the symptoms are the same as a mite infection. Since you rubbed a bunch of Advantix all over yourself which is highly toxic the toxicity symptoms are almost guaranteed.

Quit using chemicals in the bath too. A lot of people on this forum are suffering from toxicity issues, some have mites and some don't want to think about anything beyond simple.

here is a good general detox video;

Mix a detox protocol with some far infrared treatment to detox all the nasty stuff you've accumilated in your body over your life as well as all the horrible stuff you've put yourself through from the scabies forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

detox - release- recover----
Crystal

Minneapolis, MN

#3108 Dec 11, 2012
If my bed has plastic do you think the scabies are still in my bed if so should I wipe the mistress with bleach
new2this

New York, NY

#3109 Dec 11, 2012
The doctors seem like they dont believe you and treat you for an allergic reaction---a bill for $400 when all I want is the cream and some assistance to resources that will help rid them once and for all. My life is starting to consist of drinking bc I am so lonely...scared to hug anyone, to have company, to go to anyone's house....

Did you ever try ivermectin? Someone wrote that Merck sometimes supplies them free for lower income people but if you have not tried it sounds ot me like you should. Did you and your son both get treated with the creams? Any pets? Maybe limit the number of clothes, hats etc and cycle them in wash. If hot water works well you might want to soak thm in bathtub? Treat the itching with over the counter stuff and maybe clove spray, are you still getting mite scabs etc?
Reading the book of Job may help too, but the main thing-- you are not alone!
PeyoteJones

Minneapolis, MN

#3110 Dec 11, 2012
Clove Bud Oil
umathr

New Market, MD

#3112 Dec 12, 2012
one thing you can do is use baking soda use it to alkalize your blood the scabies will not like that.Put one half teaspoon in a glass of water mix and drink down. Also put baking soda in a spray bottle and spray your sheets and pillow cases you could also spray your self with baking soda. I am using sulfur soap but I think the scabies would hate internal and external baking soda.
umathr

New Market, MD

#3113 Dec 12, 2012
Crystal wrote:
If my bed has plastic do you think the scabies are still in my bed if so should I wipe the mistress with bleach
I would not use bleach better to use use baking soda spray your mattress with a baking soda soulution.
Trieditall

South San Francisco, CA

#3114 Dec 12, 2012
After going to the dr 4x and being diagnosed with scabies, I finally went to a dermatologist and they said I didn't have it.... Yayyyy - but I didn't have what they call chronic uticaria... Another word for hives and somehow it just appeared for months and months.. The drs that said I had scabies bcuz it appeared wherever my clothes binded like waistline, Braline, etc.. Also fingers n in between them and wrists area. Ther gave me permethrin and ivectrim and I heard that stuff is dangerous but I was desperate for it to go away. Well I never had it so this crap didn't work. The dermatologist who specializes in skin told me what I had which was the chronic uticaria and gave me Allegra same as prescribed fexofenadine. First day itching gone, bumps gone. I had to take it for 3 months... I gradually weaned myself off of it and bye bye bumps n itch.. Worth a try..
Missing my family

Ardsley, NY

#3115 Dec 12, 2012
new2this wrote:
Hear it gets itchier after application but it's two days after my second Permethrin application, I do feel a fair amount of crawlies and also some granular little thingies and three tiny black scabs that did not seem attached to me. I assume but dont know if the bugs that emerge are dead?
So as in the first time around with Permethrin 5%, after the application there are new eruptions, scabs or sores. Are the bugs fleeing my body? Is it just my skin reacting?
I have not been able to magnify anything so am just guessing. Are the things that are super tiny and almost sharp to the touch and the things that are about the size of a greyish sesame seed the same thing?
Not much left in the tube but wonder about wisdom of spot applications between major applications. I somehow feel like I am going to at least need a third.....
Not yet sure if I will try sulfur but how can that be useful on the head, in the hair? Somehow, though the literature suggests these mites dont live in the hair, I believe I transferred them there quite some time ago by scratching and have burrows, which are now cracking open. Ugh! I see how people can become neurotic from this but I will keep battling this.
Do folks agree that they can't live in clothes more than 3 days?
I never had them in my scalp till I did my 3rd prem treatment. I felt them crawling there all the time. I only put the prem on my face to my feet. I wish I had put it on my scalp. Now I have to do 2 more treatments to get them off my scalp. Good luck. Sometimes it's easy to lose faith, but 300 mil people get scabies in the USA so we can get cured!
new2this

New York, NY

#3116 Dec 12, 2012
Trieditall wrote:
After going to the dr 4x and being diagnosed with scabies, I finally went to a dermatologist and they said I didn't have it.... Yayyyy - but I didn't have what they call chronic uticaria... Another word for hives and somehow it just appeared for months and months.. The drs that said I had scabies bcuz it appeared wherever my clothes binded like waistline, Braline, etc.. Also fingers n in between them and wrists area. Ther gave me permethrin and ivectrim and I heard that stuff is dangerous but I was desperate for it to go away. Well I never had it so this crap didn't work. The dermatologist who specializes in skin told me what I had which was the chronic uticaria and gave me Allegra same as prescribed fexofenadine. First day itching gone, bumps gone. I had to take it for 3 months... I gradually weaned myself off of it and bye bye bumps n itch.. Worth a try..
That's great. I assume you did not have the little dots that emerge and bite. Probably if that symptom is missing people should consider it might not be scabies. Unfortunately many of us do have critters inside and out.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Used the permetherin(?) On to sulfur. Now what? 28 min Sulphur soap blah 3
Lime sulfur 10 hr tryingtocureit 30
How to find out what type of mite you have (Jun '10) Fri Claireb 48
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) Thu Rick 635
taking ivermectin- need directions Thu TaraBear 2
About mite Thu doctor rash 4
Ive scabies 5 years and still no cure I'm only ... (Oct '15) Wed Benzyl Alcohol 19
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jun 18 Mary 819
More from around the web