new2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Probably had this 6 months and started treating 2 weeks ago or so. First try with Permeth lotion (really shampoo 1 percent) actually led to lots of little black specks emerging though no more larger white things. Was this an earlier stage of mite? A week later the second treatment has a noticable good result. Did some cleanings with bleach and doing some baths and laundry of course.

However do feel they are still inside -- there is sensation, though not quite the same busy restless crawling. God a prescription for elimite which I will try in a couple of days.

Question about Ivermectin? Is it usually needed or not? Is it expenseive? I have no health insurance and currently no income. God bless America :)

Question about changing body PH? Any potential drawbacks?

To the 16 year old from Brooklyn-- one thing I noticed is that you do need to seperate from infected things for a few days which might include cell phones and keyboards as well as clothes I think. I also think that inside and outside of ears needs to be carefully treated and maybe even inside of nose!

cheers and God bless you and your baby. As folks said, make sure your doctors are fully helping you, dont get frustrated
scheme dream

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

hey those of you who are new here - you should search for Borax Cure on these forums - it has worked for nearly everyone who tried it. It is cheap and easy compared to a lot of other things. Why not try it? Really nothing to lose except the bugs!
God bless!

Since: Aug 12

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

scheme dream wrote:
hey those of you who are new here - you should search for Borax Cure on these forums - it has worked for nearly everyone who tried it. It is cheap and easy compared to a lot of other things. Why not try it? Really nothing to lose except the bugs!
God bless!
Really, last I checked, only the original poster who is a little suspect says that it worked...

I have seen no other people post that it cured them.

In fact the thread has gone downhill with people arguing mogellons.

Last post I read, a long time trusted member said it made her sick.
In UK2

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I've deduced that the topics with CURE written on the subject seem to be produced and promoted by one person with many aliases. There is one word continually misspelled. That's my clue.

The topics do provide some glint of good information though by serious poster.

Since: Aug 12

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

In UK2 wrote:
I've deduced that the topics with CURE written on the subject seem to be produced and promoted by one person with many aliases. There is one word continually misspelled. That's my clue.
And same poster posting same name and more than one location.
There are other clues as well. Like voting up their own posts and using more than one account to vote others down, etc.
Elizabeth

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

LOL - there you go!! that's a good one. Let him get a clue.
soapmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

youtube.com/watch... Old Fart or Young Stinkers and luck I wish you well on the sitution? peace
Julie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

My doctor recently told me I have scabies I caught it off my cousin who works in a nursing home. The itch is driving me up the wall especially at night. My gp said I needed to apply the cream neck down but my scalp is really itchy too. Is it possible to get it in your hair? Please help me!
may

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I've been diagnosed with Scabies, because I had 4 pimple like spots on my foot. However the itching seems to have stopped, I've been on other forums and read that people are itching no-end especially at night, however I have nothing of sort.
It's driving me mad because I'm scared to itch, or when I do have an itch somewhere else I'm looking for burrows!
They gave me the peremethrin(sorry don't know the spelling) so I've used that and I've bought Eurax as an anti itching cream (didn't realise that worked as well), however I've not put that on to see if I do have it.
I've also had more bites appear on my foot, is that a reaction from the cream or do you think I have something else? Sorry for the long post.
gfr

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Yes you can have scabies on your head, face, in your ears etc, the information regarding scabies is outdated.

may, you may or may not have scabies.

The skin on the foot is less sensitive so scabies to not itch as much there.

Did you only put the creme on your feet? This would be against the directions

If you use the cream and the bumps spread, discontinue use of the cream. It may be a reaction to the creme or it will not work and will only make them spread.

Eurax cure rates are very low, you can try it though, it can cause them to spread as well though
Louise

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Can anyone help my family and I? We suffered from scabies 5 months ago and completely killed them, then a family member gave them back to us. We used lyclear last time which worked but this time I am 16 weeks pregnant. I also have a 2 year old. I have tried yea tree oil and have had no result and want to get rid off thIs for good. This has been happening for 3 weeks now and it's keeping me up at night. Can anyone help us?
TruthbeTold

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

This whole Scabies forum has been taken over by a host of fraudsters and insincere people that serve only to prolong your illness. Read all these topics and posts with intense scrutiny, or you may be in more medical problems as you can imagine.
Itchiness

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

I've had this itchiness now for the last 3-4 weeks and the little s**ts just won't go. I tried for a week with a bleach bath and didn't work. Went to the doctors and got two tubes of lyclear and covered my whole body and using the other tube 5 days later coz I couldn't handle the itch. The thing which I don't understand is that they say you can only catch this from skin to skin contact. I.e intercourse and people say to clean ur clothes, upholstery and bedding which I have been doing but if u got rid of them on ur bodh, can you not just catch them again by not cleaning a piece of clothing within 24 hours say? I'm 80 percent sure I caught them off my girlfriend but I haven't actually accused her on anyone. Just want them gone and I have actually been diagnosed with scabies but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Nightmare!
Itchiness

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Could I also add, can anyone else visually see like 'burrows' on the skin and become quite hard after itchin? But you can actually see a ring of scaby dots? Sounds minging but this is what has come up after the cream and I'm still itchin like crazy esp at night.
new2this

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

I think I have the same marks on my skin and scabs that dont seem to me to be from scratching. After treatments I seem to have more-- could it be that its because the bugs die off and emerge and/or move? The pins and needles feelings are interesting because occuring first in one place and then another--almost as if there is an energy or nerve connection as in acupucture, if that makes sense. They sure do burrow.

Let's take the fraudsters with a grain of salt (epson salts)...Keep up the treatment and my guess is that also treat your head. I did find that 5 percent was harsh on my face (I used it sparingly but around my hairline--be careful it does not run into the eyes!) but suggest you keep trying to traat ears and scalp somehow. That is needed for me anyway.

The medical advice sites are limited and
Itchiness

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

After about 3-4 of torture these little bastarrds have been crucified, I hope. Taking a week worth of bleach baths hurt my skin and I used a cup full for half the week. I then got permethrin (lyclear) 5% from the doctors. I was prescribed two tubes. I used one tube for the whole body and didn't see a difference. I then used the second tube about 5 days after as I couldn't handle the itch anymore and each time I slept with this cream on and then showered in the morning (8-10hours sleep) that's if I could sleep! Scabs on my arms and legs started to occur and I went back to the docs where he prescribed me some steroid cream and double base gel aswell as takin piriton EVERY 4 hours to take the itchiness away. This has really helped and my scans have gone in no time. I hope they have gone because I feel sorry for people with this problem especially when you shower every day. Ill be washing my hands, showering, cleaning my bed sheets so much from now on. Hope this advice helps others. sack the bleach, get to the DOCS, don't be leavin it weeks on end and being all embarrassed as it needs sorting.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I have had scabies on and off for a long time. When you have scabies consider that you have them from head to toe and treat them as such. I am a believer in using sulfur to kill them. I use mixture of clay, diatemaceous soil, sulfur, add water for 12 ounces of water use two table spoons of each. I mix them in a old dish wash liquid container shake you will get a foam squirt the foam into your hand and spread onto your body. It goes on very nice I think, and the clay helps it to adhere. Its not bad really also it goes a long way so cost is not really an issue. You can apply it head to foot which is best or to the areas which are bothering you the most. In my latest bout with scabies I thought I noticed the tell tale itch but did not want to admit so ignored for a week until could not ignore then started to treat. Thought they were behind my knee then thought they were gone but they were behind my knee and they let me know and the fight is on they are tough critters. I have them mostly on my legs but generally all over. I have found that exercise really helps riding a bike sweating a lot 3 or five times a week really helps and may be the best thing you can do. I the itching is really bothering you at night and I know that it probably does use the sulfur mixture it is very good at stopping the itch. The itching used to drive me mad I did not know how to stop it. But the sulfur, clay, diatemaceous soil mixture really is good at stopping the itch. You can order sulfur powder online very cheap same goes for diatemaceous soil, and you can get the clay online or where ever. I also use sulfur soap 10% and I think it works well. Remember to work whatever it is into the skin, scabies are very small about the size of a skin cell they can hide under skin cells they are also under the surface tension of the skin so work the lotion or whatever it is into the skin. What ever you use you will need a lot of it. I do not understand scabies and I do not understand why medicine has not come up with a cure.
Madbaby

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Has anyone tried the naturalsil products?
R Burn

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

guitarman090856 wrote:
I have had scabies for about 3mths now and it will not going away.I have tried over the counter meds they would work for a while but the itching and bumps come back its pure misery. I am clean and still got it for an old apt I lived in I moved out because it was in the carpet and the landlord refused to spray it.I throw out my bed and am sleeping on a couch.I think it may still be in the couch.I cant afford to go to the doctor.And am thinking about the bleach soak.let me know if there are any other solutions.Help!!!!
Kerosene will kill lice and scbies. Dangeropus to use becuase is is combustable. Whatever you do do not smoke if you are going to use this. Dampen a clothe with kerosene rub it all over your skin. In the morning wash it off. I am not sure but sprinkle borax on your couch and I think that will get rid of those pesky things.
umathr

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

R Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerosene will kill lice and scbies. Dangeropus to use becuase is is combustable. Whatever you do do not smoke if you are going to use this. Dampen a clothe with kerosene rub it all over your skin. In the morning wash it off. I am not sure but sprinkle borax on your couch and I think that will get rid of those pesky things.
I tried kerosene on my legs to kill the scabies I will not put it on my body again it did not kill the scabies and it did mke my legs swell up did not like that. Now I use sulfur soap and sulfur based applications I make up my self. They do seem to work although it takes time, I thought I have been rid of them more than once but they came back. I use a mixture of clay, diatemaceous soil, sufur, and a liquid soap. For 12 ounces of water use 2 teaspoons of sulfur powder 3 teaspoons of clay and 2 teaspoons of diatemaceous soil, shake well apply to the skin from head to foot. For soap I like to use dr. bronners soap citrus. Borax or super washing soda good to use in the wash. good luck. You could buy some inexpensive lotion and make your own sulfur cream keep that in a glass container something non reactive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

152 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 1 hr Ivectrin dont work 3
Cheapest online cure for scabies 1 hr Albendazol dont work 1
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 13 hr claire 611
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... 13 hr FRED 8
If you're desperate (Feb '12) 18 hr stevec 44
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) Tue ken 124
How I got Rid of Scabies Tue Danny 10
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Jul 18 Jennifer 182
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Jul 17 Worried 856