how do i get rid of scabies once and ...

Since: Aug 12

Philadelphia, PA

#3078 Dec 2, 2012
It is true that science is very behind, and most drs. are rather clueless on this, but it is untrue that no one gets cured. Most people get cured! I am cured, as is the person who helped me who I met on this site-- she let me email her off of this site a million times a day while I was panicking. She is fine now. So am I.

Some very unlucky people may have a different kind of mite or have a resistant strain or are becoming reinfected in their environment. But I do not believe this is the case for most people. You will be cured. Be hopeful and know it will happen. I had moments when I thought I would have this my whole life. I didn't. It went away within 10 weeks.
Eegg

Charlotte, NC

#3079 Dec 3, 2012
My dead give away was the geography of the rash and it seemed to appear exactly where the pictures inline say it usually is. It was in groups of 4-6 bumps in about 8 or 9 sites.

I'm a clean freak and germophobe so it was a fate worse than death for me and I have no clue where I got it. Could be manis/pedis, gym, handshakes, hotel, wasn't sexually transmitted.

I did one treatment of 5% perm and haven't had a new bump in 4 weeks. I was extremely diligent about the application. No intervectin for me. I laundered everything in hot water and dried on high heat. I vacuumed countless times. I also live alone so re infestation wasn't a concern. I haven't seen bumps in 4 weeks. The only thing I'd warn is that the itching gets worse after treatment, before it gets better. Take benedryl, it'll knock you out if nothing else, since the night itching is the worst.

I've read some horror stories and scared myself silly, but you don't hear from the people who had success. I hope this gives you hope.

Philadelphia, PA

#3081 Dec 4, 2012
cindilu wrote:
<quoted text>
These no longer cure, and haven't for some time. If you can get a doctor to prescribe your weight based dose twice a week for 30 days go online to Merck. If you don't have insurance and your income is less than $20,000 a year you can get the drugs at no charge via their prescription assistance program. But you are wasting you time. All of us here have been there done that and it did not cure.
Obviously the permethrin and 1 dose Ivermectin still works for some of us a cure as it did for me and for the other woman who helped me on this website (though she did 5 permetrhins, I did 3), and for many others who have come and gone from this website. Permethrin alone worked for 2 people who I know offline who had scabies within the past few years, just 2 applications.

I really feel for those for whom the standard medical treatments are not working, and for those who cannot afford it (that is a crime!), but it is misinformation to tell people "these no longer cure." They still work for many people with scabies. Remember that most people who are cured, by whatever means, do not return to the site and post about it. I am doing so so that people know they CAN be cured-- in my case, by the standard medical treatment plus essential oils. If that fails, yes, by all means try something else if you have done research and decided it is safe.

Best to all.

Philadelphia, PA

#3082 Dec 4, 2012
Eegg wrote:
My dead give away was the geography of the rash and it seemed to appear exactly where the pictures inline say it usually is. It was in groups of 4-6 bumps in about 8 or 9 sites.
I'm a clean freak and germophobe so it was a fate worse than death for me and I have no clue where I got it. Could be manis/pedis, gym, handshakes, hotel, wasn't sexually transmitted.
I did one treatment of 5% perm and haven't had a new bump in 4 weeks. I was extremely diligent about the application. No intervectin for me. I laundered everything in hot water and dried on high heat. I vacuumed countless times. I also live alone so re infestation wasn't a concern. I haven't seen bumps in 4 weeks. The only thing I'd warn is that the itching gets worse after treatment, before it gets better. Take benedryl, it'll knock you out if nothing else, since the night itching is the worst.
I've read some horror stories and scared myself silly, but you don't hear from the people who had success. I hope this gives you hope.
Thanks for sharing your success story too. We do get cured! I'm glad you had *relatively* simple time with it. I wish Benadryl had put me to sleep, nothing did, and since I developed eczema, I kept getting new bumps, but eczema is a breeze compared to scabies! It's interesting how some people have much simpler experiences getting rid of this than others. Different mites? Multiple people in home to reinfest you? I wish this was studied more so people didn't have to suffer so much and for so long.
Missing my family

Ardsley, NY

#3083 Dec 5, 2012
Hi DIP, did you every have crawling feeling?
DesperateInPA wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your success story too. We do get cured! I'm glad you had *relatively* simple time with it. I wish Benadryl had put me to sleep, nothing did, and since I developed eczema, I kept getting new bumps, but eczema is a breeze compared to scabies! It's interesting how some people have much simpler experiences getting rid of this than others. Different mites? Multiple people in home to reinfest you? I wish this was studied more so people didn't have to suffer so much and for so long.
new2this

Jamaica, NY

#3084 Dec 5, 2012
DesperateInPA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. There are people who have gotten cured without adding Ivermectin. Do you have insurance? My tablets were covered by mine, my copay was just a few dollars like it is for most drugs. You only need a few tablets based on your body weight-- my guess is it is not very expensive even without insurance. The difficult thing can be getting a dr. to prescribe it because they think the perm should be enough. And for some people, it is. I asked my dr. for the Ivermectin for more security that I was fighting these mites externally and internally.
Do you not have enough of the permethrin left from the tube you used before? I was able to get 2 uses from 1 tube, but I am 105lbs.
What % permethrin is the insect spray? If it's higher than the prescription amount for the body, I would not risk it personally, especially if you are particularly sensitive to chemicals.
thanks-- no unfortunately I have no health insurance. I will see if this second coat of perm (am wearing it now) does the trick or if I ask for the Iver along with coat # 3. Waited 13-14 days between applications, hope was not too long. The spray is only .5 % so i guess its not risky if not in eyes. Amazed some people here take really strong stuff ie high percentages meant for animals. Wonder if there might be danger in that. Am glad that this site exists so everyone can put their thoughts together. Too bad no federal funding for a study, but it looks like the guinea pigs have taken over the lab!!!(and rats :))
new2this

Jamaica, NY

#3085 Dec 5, 2012
thanks to everyone's comments and also good to hear from Cindilu about how Merck has a payment plan. After almost 2 years on Unemployment (am very grateful for the benefits, its the first time and I felt no qualms about receiving the benefits!) am now working on occasional projects but its possible I would still qualify, We'll see. Am glad there are services for those who really dont have the $--that resource should be widely known.

Yes it does sound like there are different degrees of this affliction. It is criminal that Big Pharma does not invest in this... to understand if the differenc is due to life cycles, reinfestation, species, pregnant mites, mutated mites, mites that just love permethrin, immune system differences etc....

So welcome to the cooties club. Welcome to us all!:)

Philadelphia, PA

#3086 Dec 6, 2012
Missing my family wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Sometimes it was a general intense itch, other times it was like I could feel the little mites crawling all over me, but I don't think that's what the feeling actually is. I think it is part of the allergic/immune reaction to the mites, not the mites themselves. If all that itching and crawling was from mites running around, I must've had thousands of them running marathons all over my body!

It took a particularly long time for the crawling feeling to go away in my nostrils and on my scalp for whatever reason.

Philadelphia, PA

#3087 Dec 6, 2012
new2this wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks-- no unfortunately I have no health insurance. I will see if this second coat of perm (am wearing it now) does the trick or if I ask for the Iver along with coat # 3. Waited 13-14 days between applications, hope was not too long. The spray is only .5 % so i guess its not risky if not in eyes. Amazed some people here take really strong stuff ie high percentages meant for animals. Wonder if there might be danger in that. Am glad that this site exists so everyone can put their thoughts together. Too bad no federal funding for a study, but it looks like the guinea pigs have taken over the lab!!!(and rats :))
The .5% spray not hurt you, but that is not a strong enough % of the medication to kill the mites so I would not keep using it. Irritation, and it won't even kill them. I think I made that same mistake with a few things I tried, like very strong and drying dandruff shampoos and apple cider vinegar rinses on my head.

I waited 1 week between my first 2 perm applications. Then I did my 3rd treatment about 2 weeks after my 2nd one. I was waiting, hoping I wouldn't need it, but I just wasn't sure yet if I was having eczema, or if there were still some live mites. I took the Ivermectin with my 2nd perm treatment if I remember correctly. I was paranoid that I was still very infested so I asked for it, but again, it may have just been eczema in my case.

I feel certain that you can kill these things without following the exact same timing someone else did, as long as you are taking something that kills them at the right times during the life cycle of the mite.

Let us know how you are doing since you washed off your 2nd perm. This could be it!
Basketball player

Midland, MI

#3088 Dec 6, 2012
I'm 16, Junior in high school, Freshman in college. I was infested by this awful, awful mite a year ago, thought it was gone. Today I learned I have it again, and it's messing with my mind, I swear. I tried committing suicide last time I had these mites (xanax od) but unfortunately lived. I used to be a very very good basketball player but due to my scabies I can't focus for more than 10 seconds without having to itch so my love for the game is gone. I don't know what to do. I seem hopeless.
umathr

New Market, MD

#3089 Dec 7, 2012
Missing my family wrote:
<quoted text>
I have felt the scabies crawling on my face not that great could do without really
umathr

New Market, MD

#3090 Dec 7, 2012
Basketball player wrote:
I'm 16, Junior in high school, Freshman in college. I was infested by this awful, awful mite a year ago, thought it was gone. Today I learned I have it again, and it's messing with my mind, I swear. I tried committing suicide last time I had these mites (xanax od) but unfortunately lived. I used to be a very very good basketball player but due to my scabies I can't focus for more than 10 seconds without having to itch so my love for the game is gone. I don't know what to do. I seem hopeless.
I have a lot of experience with scabies years and years they have come back on me more than I care to think they can drive me crazy. What you should do is order 10% sulfur soap from sulfurointment.com get the eight pack for 25 dollars no shipping charge you will receive it fast. As soon as get it start using it wash with it bathe with it shower with it wash your hair with it work it into tthe skin with a bath brush. When you are done with your shower reapply the soap from head to toe working it in with the brush let it dry on your skin do not rinse off do this before bed and in the morning. Last night I slept all the way through. Sulfur soap works,but as for myself I its almost 9 in the am and I have not lathered up and it makes a difference but I have been using the sulfur cream I made. The good news is that sulfur is very cheap these days.
umathr

New Market, MD

#3092 Dec 7, 2012
cindilu wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a spammer selling sulfur soaps and creams. Sulfur soaps and ointments were helpful 20 years ago, but the mites have evolved and are no longer effected by sulfur. To say so is a lie. You just want to separate people from their money.
I do think it is a little strange that people r so hostile to sulfur. Sulfur is so cheap there. I knew I would be attacked for recommending any site but sulfurointment.com they are great I love them for there fast prompt professional service and delivering a product that works and is safe and is made in the USA also the soap and two pounds of sulfur ointment costs less than 100 dollars and that includes shipping I think. I have wasted so much money on non cures the first thing I got years ago 3ml of oregano oil for 40 dollars you can imagine that went a long way and burned k\like hell and smelled horrible. But one of the most important things to know about scabies is that they have a clock and it is the opposite of yours they wake up at midnight and really get going around 3 and are asleep by around 6. Take this into consideration when fighting them. If one of your sulfur treatments can be at 3 in the morning so much the better. Sulfur works it is cheap safe and effective im not a shill for anyone I have been through hell with scabies Scabies should be a matter for the health department if as a society you do nothing and are not involved in the
eradication of scabies and they could and should be eradicated then you are total bs you have failed it really shows what kind of a society we live in and its not a pretty site. You can make your own sulfur cream I did and im loving it it costs almost nothing. Get your soaps and cream and sulfur where ever you want. I did get sulfur powder from dudadiesel.com there in Alabama sulfurointment.com is in Oklahoma. Both of these companies were very professional and prompt and cheap. So get the soap and a bath brush with a handle so you can wash you back. Fighting scabies can kind of tiring try to stay calm and focused.
Missing my family

Ardsley, NY

#3093 Dec 7, 2012
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>
I have felt the scabies crawling on my face not that great could do without really
Confused...
Do you still feel them? For me I feel something crawling on my scalp and sometimes on all over my body. I don't feel itchie, no new marks or
new2this

New York, NY

#3094 Dec 7, 2012
Basketball player wrote:
Please its not losing your life over! Dont let the bugs win this game! Speaking to some people about it, maybe that will help.

Just alot of washing, and the treatments, and you can change the score....:)
TOOMUCH

Walnut Creek, CA

#3096 Dec 7, 2012
TO: MISSING MY FAMILY: The crawling is a condition that is common. Finding relief is key. A spray of Sulfur ointment and Sulfur powder keeps any environmental mites away from your skin.

Yes, you still might feel the crawling for a few months, with no bites.

That is sometimes common, but will go away.
TOOMUCH

Walnut Creek, CA

#3097 Dec 7, 2012
umathr wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think it is a little strange that people r so hostile to sulfur. Sulfur is so cheap there. I knew I would be attacked for recommending any site but sulfurointment.com they are great I love them for there fast prompt professional service and delivering a product that works and is safe and is made in the USA also the soap and two pounds of sulfur ointment costs less than 100 dollars and that includes shipping I think. I have wasted so much money on non cures the first thing I got years ago 3ml of oregano oil for 40 dollars you can imagine that went a long way and burned k\like hell and smelled horrible. But one of the most important things to know about scabies is that they have a clock and it is the opposite of yours they wake up at midnight and really get going around 3 and are asleep by around 6. Take this into consideration when fighting them. If one of your sulfur treatments can be at 3 in the morning so much the better. Sulfur works it is cheap safe and effective im not a shill for anyone I have been through hell with scabies Scabies should be a matter for the health department if as a society you do nothing and are not involved in the
eradication of scabies and they could and should be eradicated then you are total bs you have failed it really shows what kind of a society we live in and its not a pretty site. You can make your own sulfur cream I did and im loving it it costs almost nothing. Get your soaps and cream and sulfur where ever you want. I did get sulfur powder from dudadiesel.com there in Alabama sulfurointment.com is in Oklahoma. Both of these companies were very professional and prompt and cheap. So get the soap and a bath brush with a handle so you can wash you back. Fighting scabies can kind of tiring try to stay calm and focused.
Sulfur was my saving grace. I sued it in combination with a few other things, but sulfur was the key.
Missing my family

Everett, MA

#3098 Dec 7, 2012
TOOMUCH wrote:
TO: MISSING MY FAMILY: The crawling is a condition that is common. Finding relief is key. A spray of Sulfur ointment and Sulfur powder keeps any environmental mites away from your skin.
Yes, you still might feel the crawling for a few months, with no bites.
That is sometimes common, but will go away.
Thanks Too much..how long have you been scabie free?
new2this

New York, NY

#3099 Dec 8, 2012
Hear it gets itchier after application but it's two days after my second Permethrin application, I do feel a fair amount of crawlies and also some granular little thingies and three tiny black scabs that did not seem attached to me. I assume but dont know if the bugs that emerge are dead?

So as in the first time around with Permethrin 5%, after the application there are new eruptions, scabs or sores. Are the bugs fleeing my body? Is it just my skin reacting?

I have not been able to magnify anything so am just guessing. Are the things that are super tiny and almost sharp to the touch and the things that are about the size of a greyish sesame seed the same thing?

Not much left in the tube but wonder about wisdom of spot applications between major applications. I somehow feel like I am going to at least need a third.....

Not yet sure if I will try sulfur but how can that be useful on the head, in the hair? Somehow, though the literature suggests these mites dont live in the hair, I believe I transferred them there quite some time ago by scratching and have burrows, which are now cracking open. Ugh! I see how people can become neurotic from this but I will keep battling this.

Do folks agree that they can't live in clothes more than 3 days?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3101 Dec 9, 2012
Basketball player wrote:
Check out the beginning of the "Borax Solution - CURE" thread. It works from the inside out. Ignore all the disgusting stuff later on and just follow the instructions. She did a lot more than the basic recipes. I'm just doing the basics and it's working. If you haven't had it long, it should work fairly quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies, mites & fleas 32 min jhannamarie 4
Is this scabies??? 20 hr clifard 3
100% CURED for years: here is the method 22 hr bugsbgone 3
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) Mon renae 302
black dots theory (Jun '07) Mon CindyS 62
I am cured using 100% undiluted tea tree oil. (Jan '08) Sun Monkey-wrench 98
scabies Sun Aas 3
More from around the web