janie

Fort Worth, TX

#3015 Oct 23, 2012
Hear ye! Hear ye! To get rid of scabies is simple, immerse your body in water as hot as u can stand it. Do this about three times in a row at night and they will b gone abd the insatiable itching will b gone. Heat kills them instantly, I tries this after doing a lot of reasearch, its also easy on your pocket.
got the itch

De Pere, WI

#3016 Oct 24, 2012
Okay three months of treating 13 months of haveing what I think is scabies. HORROR is a better name for. I spent thr first 30 days or so doing the topical perm treatments, perscribed and over the counter lice shampoo and have them. I treated evryday for nearly 45 days. I did the hjorse paste and over thre weeks injested enough paste to treat a 6000lb horse, sulfer soap, tea tree oil, sulfur animal paste for mange, neem oil, epsom baths, super hot baths, bleach baths, borax baths mixed them all together until I burned my skin to crust, moved out of my place for 10 days, wash wash wash, now in the forrth month of treating and i still have it- how is this possible unless i have something else. I keep finding little black specs on mye after treating-varied in size some just a spec and some abotut half the size of a small bun seed. I Figure if it's not over next week i'm killing the host to kill the pest
misery_in_au

Saint Marys, Australia

#3017 Oct 24, 2012
Hi gti, this is exactly the stage where I'm at- four months and driving me nuts- the black specks were falling off me last night too after spraying on enough perm to kill a horse. I think the others here are right about treating this from the inside out- some sort of worm parasitology which explains the crawling sensation and intense movement under the skin near where the lesions are. Do you also have the black dust mote ones which get into everything? If so this is identical yet we're countries apart. Please don't give up and don't do anything rash just yet. Sending you hugs (non-contacting ones of course < trying to be a bit humourous there)
Brewers yeast

Mesa, AZ

#3018 Oct 24, 2012
Still no bites/burrows and i havent washed my sheets in probaly almost a week and no new ones for about 2 1/2 weeks. the brewers yeast honestly cured me. It changes the PH of your body and makes it uninhabitable for them just like borax and other things would except its actually sold as a oral supplement for humans. I would start now if your sick of trying things, wasting money and having no results.. ( damn maybe i should start selling this stuff I sound like a salesman) I cannot describe the feeling of being rid of these little F***ers its like an elephant off my back. 1/4 cup per day thats it.. I mixed it with peanut butter and honey to make it go down easier and convient throughout the day.
mel

Wheat Ridge, CO

#3019 Oct 24, 2012
Brewers yeast wrote:
Still no bites/burrows and i havent washed my sheets in probaly almost a week and no new ones for about 2 1/2 weeks. the brewers yeast honestly cured me. It changes the PH of your body and makes it uninhabitable for them just like borax and other things would except its actually sold as a oral supplement for humans. I would start now if your sick of trying things, wasting money and having no results..( damn maybe i should start selling this stuff I sound like a salesman) I cannot describe the feeling of being rid of these little F***ers its like an elephant off my back. 1/4 cup per day thats it.. I mixed it with peanut butter and honey to make it go down easier and convient throughout the day.
you said a naturopath recommended the brewers yeast and that for her it "almost always" gets rid of the parasites. I think the intelligent thing to do is to find out what your body ph is using test strips and then knowing that your goal is to get to 7 .365 ph (ideal and slightly alkaline).then you can monitor your ph while your taking it.

From what I've read about brewers yeast it grows in your body and takes you away from good health.

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/displa...

Borax accomplishes the same thing and doesn't introduce another fungus overgrowth to your body. Using food grade h202 oxigenates your cells and that helps too. the regimen requires ACV and baking soda also. It is a good idea to get some ph test strips too.
free

Columbus, OH

#3020 Oct 24, 2012
i have two tubes of perm left if anyone wants them? first come first serve e-mail me @ leavinghp@yahoo.com
schemedream

Wenham, MA

#3021 Oct 24, 2012
I wonder if you may have bird mites? The fact that you see black specks could indicate this. If yes, please try getting a dehumidifier. I have posted about this before but no one seems to take it seriously. I got this from a guy who battled the mites with everything else and finally was told by the lead entomologist at Orkin that no mite can live without moisture. He and his wife ran the dehumidifier for several weeks and it solved their problem. Keep doing the other things while you are waiting to kill them off in your environment. Things should get better pretty quickly.

It has worked for me and my sister. I hope it works for you.
schemedream

Wenham, MA

#3022 Oct 24, 2012
my last post was for "got the itch"
Brewers yeast

Mesa, AZ

#3023 Oct 25, 2012
Thanks Mel, I appreciate that input. Im going to get some PH strips and see were I am. I would hate to get rid of one ailment just to end up having another. Just being a couple weeks along I am still paraniod about them coming back. and now that my little "sleep on the same sheets" test is over with out any new burrows I am going to continue cleaning and washing everything for the next couple weeks
mel

Wheat Ridge, CO

#3024 Oct 25, 2012
Mesa, When doing the borax cure the amount of die off break out i had was huge. Itching and burrows and bore holes showing up all over the place. That didn't start until about 3 weeks in and there was very little activity until then.

There is something called the acid/ base crystalization, you could google it but it is basically that when an acid and base react the product is a salt. I think that when you make your body the proper PH the alkaline reacts with the acidic mite and the reaction produces a salt. The salt then coats the interior of the mite house and cuts off the reaction. I was trying to think why is there a breakout then it gets better the it reacts with a die off breakout again.
The salt created by the first reaction has to be absorbed by the tissue around it in order for the reaction to continue and to finish the mite stuff off. Some of the breakouts I had went through 4 or 5 separate breakouts in a given area.

I was infected for 17 months so maybe that was why I went through all that. The silver lining is learning all this health info.

Since: Aug 12

New York, NY

#3032 Oct 28, 2012

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3035 Oct 29, 2012
ScabiesOnScalp wrote:
I've also noticed that magnets work. when they flow through the bloodstream it's as if they turn into a bubbling blob in the blood. feet and hands don't itch when i wear them. and my feet itches when i take them off. not effective in erradicating them though, just to repell them from your hands and feet.
ScabiesOnScalp where did you read that they flow through the bloodstream?
I looked online and couldn't find any information on it. I also have them on my scalp and my face and putting benzemul with tea tree on it which helps to keep them dead for a while. I don't think that horse past works as well. I am going to try Brewer's Yeast. I am doing Benzyl benzoate with 5% tea tree oil every 3 days now and MSM mixed with Hemp Body Lotion in between twice a day(helps to heal my skin and make mites uncomfortable). Also taking a shower with sulfur twice a day and taking 2 cups epsom salt with 1 cup borax bath a couple of times per week.
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#3039 Oct 29, 2012
go and get sulfur soap 10% use a bath brush to work th esoap into the effected areas let the soap dry on your skin repeat process two or three times a day the scabies will die off quickly. you needto work the soap into the skin you must break the surface tension once you have done that the scabies are through. scabies are about the same size as a skin cell and they can and do hide under skin cell but by using a brush to work the sulfur soap into the skin you will kill them. There is no need to work the brush to hard
mel

Wheat Ridge, CO

#3040 Oct 29, 2012
ScabiesOnScalp wrote:
<quoted text>
When you nuke them with borax they flee to your skin. Thus the breakout. When you put a topical treatment they don't like, they flee to your stomach. So you think they must be gone. If you remain itching it means they're either still in your body or you're being re-infested with your environment. I would take the oral treatment, then immediately take a bath. They are internal parasites. They are in your veins and travel through the blood stream.
you really do put out a lot of false info like it's fact, try doing more reading than writing.
Scabbies Hater

United States

#3042 Nov 7, 2012
Hey folks. About 2 and a half months ago I began to get an annoying itch on both of my thighs. Nothing too startling just an over active itch. A month passes by and I continue to itch, now not only in my thighs but also on the back of my legs, my hips, stomach, arms, calves, feet, scrotum, and penis. Accompanying this itch are small, pink dots with white dead skin on them. Also there are larger, more raised almost "hive" looking spots.

I figured there was no way I had scabies because neither of my roommates had it nor did anyone else I spent an extended period of time with. 3 more weeks pass and I have tried everything. Cortisone creams, calamine lotion, numerous antihistimines.. No big results. Finally I decide to go see my doctor.

He informs me I do indeed have scabies. He explains to me what they small pinkish dots on my skin are, which are spots from mite bites and fecal matter. The larger hives are burrowed mites that could possibly be laying eggs in my skin.. Gross right? The doc prescribed me 5% Permethrin cream. After one treatment on a Friday nightI saw ample results. Skin already clearing up and the itch subsiding Friday night and Saturday morning. Saturday night, however, was horrific. I didn't sleep a wink and spent the whole night scratching myself to the point of tears almost. I knew it would be a rough night because of the permethrin but I had no idea the pure hell I would endure. In hind sight, that night was worth where I am now.

I am now on my fifth day post treatment and I am beginning to feel normal again. I forgot how peaceful life was without constantly scratching myself. The skin is almost completely healed up and the scratching and itching is almost non-existant. Re-treatment on Friday just to ensure all eggs and stray mites are killed.

The point of me taking the time to share this story with everyone is this. Regardless of what you think you know, whether you think you have scabies or not, if you have these symptoms, go to your doctor IMMEDIATELY! Let the professionals determine what's wrong with you.. Self diagnosis can cause huge problems and this particular condition is HIGHLY contagious. A douchebag friend of one of my friends had scabies and didn't tell anyone, came over to our place and sat around on our furniture and what not and I ended up getting this. Do yourself and the people surrounding you a favor and go see the doctor.

These is hope for scabies victims out there. Relief is around the corner, just consult your physician!

Good luck everyone!
itchy hands

Huntington, IN

#3043 Nov 12, 2012
I have between some of my fingers. I started using proactiv sulfur cream b/c I didnt want to use Rxs b/c I breastfeed. Anyway, it really was helping but it seems to take a long time. If I dont do it for 1 or 2 days it comes back. Wearing gloves during day with the sulfur and neosporin seems to work best. It heals the skin while treating it. It seems if ur skin is cracked and dry from itching, then they get under skin easier and lay eggs. Anyway, remember to treat ur cell phone. Mine is in my hands alot. If u cant do gloves, cover them in bandaids so sulfur doesnt get on clothes.the straight sulfur seems to burn and tear up akin.
Indianaman

Greensburg, IN

#3044 Nov 19, 2012
Aloe works well to!!!!
Elizabeth

Brooklyn, NY

#3045 Nov 20, 2012
Hey im 16 and pregnant and i've had scabies for some time now nothing is working they gave me practically everything...is there anythin that i can take because im pregnant! the iching is getting worse i have swollen red bumps all over my innr thighs legs arms and stomach HELP ME PLEASE!
gfz

Leeds, UK

#3046 Nov 20, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
Hey im 16 and pregnant and i've had scabies for some time now nothing is working they gave me practically everything...is there anything that i can take because im pregnant! the iching is getting worse i have swollen red bumps all over my innr thighs legs arms and stomach HELP ME PLEASE!
I've got the cure for you but before you try it consult a pediatrician if it's safe for a child. I'd like to help you get rid of scabies and not hurt your child. Read carefully AFTER consulting with your doctor(print my writings and show it to him/her):Buy about 400g of real sea salt and a big container of aqueous cream(cheap and simple moisturizer). Normally you'd take a hot 20 mins bath with 0,5kg of salt, 3 days in a row. It would kill scabies without a fail. BUT hot water is harmful for a baby so you'll need to find a different solution. That's why you need to consult a doc. Doctors usually prescribe Permethrin etc. but it's not 100% efficient because scabies get resistant to it and it does not kill all the eggs. Also if you leave 1cm sq of skin untreated, scabies will go there. I know that because thanks to 5 GP's I have been to I have suffered from scabies for a year. Permethrin has been helpful-for a day or two. After that I had scabies again. It was 3 hot baths in a salty water+heavy washing of my clothing and bedding that got rid of the mites. You could mix a fine sea salt with moisturizer and apply it to your skin 2-3 times a day. Check if it works for you-make a test on your palms for example. The trick is to open your skin pores so salt could dry out the scabies. That is what worked for me in 100% and remission was dramatic. The only problem is very hot water is going to be very harmful for your baby because it can't sweat. Also hot bath in saline is dehydrating and makes you tired-but it's natural and I just went to bed after that. Try to find another solution with your GP but salt is the only solution that works in 100% cases when skin pores are opened. Good luck. Paul
gfz

Leeds, UK

#3047 Nov 20, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
Hey im 16 and pregnant and i've had scabies for some time now nothing is working they gave me practically everything...is there anythin that i can take because im pregnant! the iching is getting worse i have swollen red bumps all over my innr thighs legs arms and stomach HELP ME PLEASE!
I would forget. All 5 docs. I did see had a very restricted knowledge about scabies. 3 of them prescribed me a wrong drug or rather wrong strength or a drug that wasn't available at the time. One of them suggested that I had a "mild case" so spot treating should help. That was wrong and I pointed out that scabies travel 1cm per 5 minutes to the doctor. I did a lot of research on my own and found the research papers on chemicals that are being tested now like eugenol etc. But don't waste your time-salt is the cure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Questions For Sam (Apr '07) 1 hr SSA 697
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 5 hr dying to be free ... 25
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 6 hr Lynn 1,189
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 19 hr Spring tales 531
Post scabies 19 hr Lynn 1
Amazing Benefits of Diatomaceous Earth ( DE ) (Jan '10) 22 hr Fobama 187
Pics of Scabies + 40$ Cure 22 hr mitesnack 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••