how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Desperate girl

Frisco, TX

#2439 Mar 27, 2012
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Sulfur has been used for so long a time, that scabies eat it for candy. It mite (might, pardon the pun) slow them down a bit, but certainly hasn't been a cure in this day and age. Maybe years ago it might have worked. Personally, That was one of the treatments I tried, with zero success. Topical ivermectin was my cure.
Me Too- how did you do the topical ivermectin & what type(horse paste?)? How long have you been cured? I did try it but not for very long. Thx in advance & so happy someone has found peace from this.
lil

Glasgow, UK

#2440 Mar 30, 2012
my family and i have had scabies for 8 months cant get rid of them driving us crazy tryed everything how can i get rid of this for good
paul

South Perth, Australia

#2441 Mar 31, 2012
Ive used ivermectin based horse wormers(equell), which i believe i used to sparingly to be of any use. I ate the whole packet over a period of 2days.
Ive tried the dog wormer 'revolution'(big dog dose) containing Selamectin. And the last one i used which contained 40/60 Permethrin which i cant remember the name(basically you squeeze the tube onto your skin and wait for it to work), gave me a break from the scabies but gotten reinfected again. Lyclear cream % Permethrin seems to work v.well as well. I just struggle to avoid re-infestation. Im now washing as often as i can, which isnt easy living in a shared household on a budget. I cant use the washing machine every day, but hoover and keep my room tidy as best as i can.
paul

South Perth, Australia

#2442 Mar 31, 2012
Forget to mention ive also made my own creams containing horticultural strength permethrin(25:75) and Malathion(maldison) mixed with tea tree oil cream and eucalyptus. All available from your local shopping mall. Sometimes a little harsh on the skin and does not smell pleasant(esp Malathion) but it clears the lil bastards out.
Bill

Vancouver, WA

#2443 Mar 31, 2012
Hi THis treatment of 1 cup arm and hammer POWDERED laundry soap, the powdered version only, in the bath and soak for 30 mins.
Arm and hammer POWDERED laundry soap contains proatease enzymes ( which is meat tenderizer)and sodium carbonate this cures these bugs and kills them in the environment. It worked for all these people in this thread and for me too. It is best after the bath to rinse well and put 2 tbls cocnut oil in the tub abd soak in it for 5 mins and leave it on overnite to stop crawiling bugs.
I used 1 cup per gallon of warm water in a garden sprayer from ace hardware, chapin brand is a trustworthy sprayer, it is sold only at ace hardware for 12.00. Stir the a&h soap for 10 seconds in a cut off milk jug then pour it in the sprayer and wash everything in it , floors cielings clothes, bedding.
I slept on an air matress that I placed on a hard floor that I prayed with 2 tbls cocnut oil and 48 oz of warm water. The oil clogs all the bugs travel plans, I mist the air mattress too with the 2 tbls cocnut oil and 48 oz of warm water, then wipe dry and slept and still do sleep with no bites.
In the Morning I spray the perimeter of the bed area and room with 2 tbls cocnut oil and 48 oz of warm water because that is when they come for me to bite me and it is the most oportune time to kill them.
Then I deflate the air matress , roll up and fold 3 times, an place in a bucket of a&h powdwered laundry soap with 5 gal of water and soak for 15 -90 mins, dump bucket in tub , turn on shower and rinse it off, drip dry for 5 min and place on a freshly misted with coconut oil hard floor and reinflate with a hair dryer on cool shot in 90 seconds.
You have to think hospital clean, I put all my fomites ( pocket items in a bag with 1 t-2 tbls of plain baking soda to dry out any bugs, baking soda works in the shoes very well also.)

For the car I mist with 2 tbls cocnut oil and 48 oz of warm water it stops them dea in their tracks.
I wear boots so they cant crawl up my leg.

God bless you all, I was herefor 5 years until I used arm and hammer POWDERED laundry soap in the bath tub and rinsed and redipped in 2 tbls cocnut oil i na full tub. It stopped them dead. It takes time to end this bug problem. Pray hard , God is good He will help , He loves us. Be persistent it is a bug kill it, it will die ,

, Bill

ps thread :

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T0C...
Heather

Holiday, FL

#2444 Apr 1, 2012
Hi everyone, hope you all are faring well in your scabies battles. I have been reading this thread since November 2011 desperate for a solution to rid me of my treatment reistant scabies...and OMG, I thionk I have finally got it! So, it might sound crazy..and I have tried it all...but this is working so I will simplify:
1. Coat yourself from teh neck down with a BETADINE/IODINE soultion (easily found at all drug stores, Walmart, Target etc.)
2. Let it dry on you for approx. 15-20 minutes; rinse in tub..not shower, tub.
3. Run bath water and add the liquid NAUTRISIL/DERMASIL product labeled "TOPICAL LIQUID HOMEOPATHIC SCABIES MEDICINE" ( http://www.naturasil.com/naturasil-scabies-tr... )
4. Submerge and soak for 10-15 minutes; look in your water...you will see little tiny black particles floating all around (looks like pepper, or dirt)...these are scabies/eggs!!! IT'S AMAZING TO WITNESS!
5. Extra measure, I used GOLD BOND MEDICATED LOTION (the GREEN bottle) mixed with TEA TREE OIL afterwarfds from the neck down to soothe and I read a post that mentioned the Menthol was irritating to the scabies bugs.?
6. Purchase IVOMEC 1% CATTLE/SWINE Injectible (you do not need a script, local Feed Supply Stores stock it for breeders); you will have to calculate your dosage based on your weight. It is labeled on box, 1mL per 110 pounds (I am 125 lbs so I dosed on the high side at 1.2mL) Draw it and mix it with a small shot of OJ; follow with a full glass of WATER.
7. Repeat steps 1-5 for 3 nights straight; redose your IVOMEC at 7 and 14 days.
8. I also use the NATURISIL/DERMASIL sulfur soap when I shower, every little bit has helped.( http://www.naturasil.com/naturasil-medicated-... )
I have been so emotionally and physically frustrated with this mite problem, I am sick of doctors..permethrin..steroids. .and stromectol. I am broke, tired of laundry, constantly cleaning, and worrying about who or what I could be infecting thru all of this! BUT, it's over...this really works, and besides ordering the online products it is a completely practical treatment. I hope this helps someone, and thank you to everyone who posted there kind words and knowledge about this subject...without you all I would have never figured this out!
THANK YOU!
Desperate girl

Dallas, TX

#2445 Apr 1, 2012
Yes, but was your face & scalp infested? A lot of people on here like me have the biggest problem there. So happy you found a cure for you. Hoping I'll be someday soon too
biggles

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#2446 Apr 1, 2012
I cannot believe people are using such desperate measures.
Stop with the permethrin and stromectol etc.
You are harming yourself with pesticides.
NOW READ THIS;
Easy cure which takes a few weeks with dedication.
All you need is;
1) Diatomacious Earth and,
2) Manuka oil or extract which is more potent than oil.
Everybody should know by now that scabies is becoming immune to permethrin so it isn't effective anymore, plus it reacts with your skin hence the itching.
DE and Manuka are natural so no side affects.
Manuka soothes itching almost instantly plus kills both eggs and mite.
DE is tiny 1 celled shells called diatoms from ages ago that have razor sharp sides and cut at mites dehydrating and killing them.
Do your own research, i am not lying.
Now, i am from New Zealand and know Manuka is a great anti bacterial,fungal etc, it is world famous for its healing properties.
If you are going to get Manuka oil, get east cape oil as this is the strongest oil in NZ.
DE can be brought online in any country. Spread it onto yourself and brush it into your skin, bed, floor, wherever.
MAKE SURE YOU BUY FOOD GRADE DE!!!!!!!!!!
I had scabies twice, once i luckily got rid of it with ivermectin and permethrin, and the second went natural with Manuka and DE.
Please go natural, doctors don't know squat.
For other tips or help reply to me.

Since: Apr 12

Grafton, WI

#2449 Apr 8, 2012
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
Your'e not following the directions as prescribed. Your doing what I did in the begining and freaking out. But I followed Drs. instructions, went to three different Doctors, they confused me, they didn't know what they were talking about and led me to have this longer than necessary. I was mis diagnosed by the dermatologists. That doesn't mean you will have the same problem by the way.If I would have listened to the very first general practioner, I wouldn't be going through hell. But, I've learned alot of lessons through this. Another thing, going back to work two or three days after using, is not good advise. You are still spreading it. I have not visited my five children in 6 months. But I have had to go grocery shopping. I spray Stop Lice spray in my car, on the seat, but I don't know if they are gone. So I'm being honest. You have to be careful with that spray, according to directions. I wish we could just get a shot, where we can't get them, wonder if that's possible. I will write to everyone i can, as I work from home now and can spend the time to help others as I'm helping myself. I hope I can be cured. I'd like to hear from those who are cured more.

Grafton, WI

#2450 Apr 8, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
I did the manuka oil , it smelled interesting but didn't cure the mites. be patient they said..........
Are you talking from experience? Have you gone through scabies and are cured?

Grafton, WI

#2451 Apr 8, 2012
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
thankyou, ive spent ages going through the forums... i just dont get it. dont the doctors take it seriously? am i supposed to wash everything, bedding, clothes, coats after wearing them once? its bloody horrible... does anyone actually get rid of it? it doesnt sound like it... is there no hope?!:-(
I'm wondering the same thing since they die not having a host, it seems the best thing to do is move out of the house for a month heh? But then you can spread them where you go for a month. I'm bewildered also, but cleaning, vacuuming is important. So is using the Peremtherin from neck down and bottom of feet, inbetween toes, around cuticles of toes and fingernails. Once you've showered and shampooed, then wait two hours til your body cools down and pores are not open.Keep it on for 8-12 hours. Use 25.% Menthol/Triam for two weeks twice a day, it will stop the itch, put that only where you have lesions. Think about how tiny they are and on your clothes once you've warn them. If you don't use that dress again for a month don't wash it, they will be dead anyway without a host. But your clothes you wear, and need, wash every three days, and sheets. bedding you can't wash put in a plastic bag for three weeks closed up, the shake outside good.
wilbur

Saint Louis, MO

#2454 Apr 9, 2012
Jill Erene wrote:
<quoted text>I'm wondering the same thing since they die not having a host, it seems the best thing to do is move out of the house for a month heh? But then you can spread them where you go for a month. I'm bewildered also, but cleaning, vacuuming is important. So is using the Peremtherin from neck down and bottom of feet, inbetween toes, around cuticles of toes and fingernails. Once you've showered and shampooed, then wait two hours til your body cools down and pores are not open.Keep it on for 8-12 hours. Use 25.% Menthol/Triam for two weeks twice a day, it will stop the itch, put that only where you have lesions. Think about how tiny they are and on your clothes once you've warn them. If you don't use that dress again for a month don't wash it, they will be dead anyway without a host. But your clothes you wear, and need, wash every three days, and sheets. bedding you can't wash put in a plastic bag for three weeks closed up, the shake outside good.
Read "4 day cure" posting also read "Horse paste".

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2455 Apr 9, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
The lice spray is .5% permethrin, half of a percent. Some people on this forum have used 45% permethrin with no resolution. To say there is a strain of mites that is permethrin resistant is reasonable especially if you read the experiences of people on this forum with permethrin.
The mite that is so hard to kill is the canine mite, people get these from their pets. I got mine from my brittany that got them from a fox encounter. The canine mites have different characteristics than the human scabies. They go on the scalp and get in the eyes and ears. Permethrin and Ivermectin aren't very effective against canine mites unless you get them early on or go big with the Iver right outa the box other wise they build resistance very quickly.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21540570
http://www.eblue.org/article/S0190-9622%2883%...
Hey august.... great..ugh! I think I got the mite from a cat outside........so you're saying these things won't work on them...argh... now what... in a little short time I am covered from ankles to neck...and it ain't pretty

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2456 Apr 9, 2012
"Bill"]Hi THis treatment of 1 cup arm and hammer POWDERED laundry soap, the powdered version only, in the bath and soak for 30 mins....."

This helped my husband but....still spreading on him...
it has helped me ... as long as i'm in the bath....but have spread on me big time..
also ... the poster who said to put DE & grapeseed on... well i did that last night and woke up to much worse this am.
argh going crazy today....
have tried to take good notes and decided after a horrible day I will go to a ben archer health clinic...(they charge based on your income).... 8 am tomorrow.... hopefully I know what to ask for!
thanks for everyone here ..but so sorry for all the suffering... makes me just wanna cry constantly!(hugs)
Langoliers

Saint Louis, MO

#2457 Apr 9, 2012
I will never take a borax or bleach or sulfur or A&H bath while having scabies it only moves them all to my neck or what ever is sticking out of the water.
Moved all my scabies to my head! Great place to do chemical warfare what with the eyes , ears, mouth hair fully engulfed Bad move never again!!

Only showers from now on.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2458 Apr 9, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
I will never take a borax or bleach or sulfur or A&H bath while having scabies it only moves them all to my neck or what ever is sticking out of the water.
Moved all my scabies to my head! Great place to do chemical warfare what with the eyes , ears, mouth hair fully engulfed Bad move never again!!
Only showers from now on.
Hold your breath and submerge your head! That's what everybody else does! OMG!
Langoliers

Saint Louis, MO

#2459 Apr 9, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
<quoted text>Hold your breath and submerge your head! That's what everybody else does! OMG!
I did that ( put my head under water ) just didn't work my neck got killed then they moved to the eyes and ears and more. They say scabies do not go above the neck unless they are running from a bleach bath that is.
Allison

San Diego, CA

#2460 Apr 9, 2012
I got a rash about 2 months ago that my dr kept telling me was an allergic reaction from detergent or gluten allergy. After going back for a third time she finally diagnosed it as scabies. I had ankle surgery and was staying with my mom for one of those months, but she has no signs whatsoever. My boyfriend also moved here two weeks ago and has been staying with me, but he has no symptoms either. The dr. prescribed me permethrin and the pills, but also gave me extra for my mom and bf in case. I am trying to wash everything and reapply, but am living in constant fear. I'm afraid they might keep transferring the mites back to me even though they have no signs. Is there a chance they're infected even after months of exposure and no symptoms?
Langoliers

Saint Louis, MO

#2461 Apr 9, 2012
Allison wrote:
I got a rash about 2 months ago that my dr kept telling me was an allergic reaction from detergent or gluten allergy. After going back for a third time she finally diagnosed it as scabies. I had ankle surgery and was staying with my mom for one of those months, but she has no signs whatsoever. My boyfriend also moved here two weeks ago and has been staying with me, but he has no symptoms either. The dr. prescribed me permethrin and the pills, but also gave me extra for my mom and bf in case. I am trying to wash everything and reapply, but am living in constant fear. I'm afraid they might keep transferring the mites back to me even though they have no signs. Is there a chance they're infected even after months of exposure and no symptoms?
for someone new it can easily take 4 to 6 weeks before they show any signs of infection. All three have be treated at the same time or you will just be chasing you tail.
biggles

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#2462 Apr 9, 2012
Well Manuka extract and Diotomacious Earth has worked for me.
Why the hell are you people using bleach in baths?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
have you had scabies for years post here. (Jul '10) 3 hr Dakota 40
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) Sat Shannon33538 243
Colloidal Silver (Jan '17) Fri DeV 2
Turpentine (Oct '10) Apr 20 Claris 32
100% true cure for scabies/ dont waste money a... (Jan '14) Apr 20 Nurse 29
durvet ivermectin pour on for cattle CURE (Sep '11) Apr 19 Songbird6352 336
Mites butting me Apr 19 EP Endlessly Perp... 3