how do i get rid of scabies once and ...
Itty Bitty Critters

Hollywood, FL

#192 May 7, 2008
Sam wrote:
I'm with BT, aka Mite Killer on this. People come on this board with all these non-toxic scabies treatments that don't work and make people sick.
2Scratch put the Seargents clove oil all over and was sick as a dog for 3 days, but still had scabies. People leaving the epsom salt spray all over are getting sick. MM-M got very ill and lost her job using that. Scabies3 got sick using it. CML has rashes all over from using that and other stuff.
People lose valuable time and money, relationships, jobs, risk their health, using everything mentioned on this board. Choose a known scabicide and stick with it, be patient, as AI, MK, Frances, Kittycat, 2Scratch, Slomo, Progress, Krissy, and others (cured) have said.
It was this post I was referring to.

MM-M did not lose her job because of epsom salt. I do have some rashes on my chest and neck right now, but I don't know exactly what it is from = could be a number of things, the fungal cleanse I was doing; the epsom salts; or bathing in a hot water tub. Alot of people on here will just not use ivermectin. They are afraid of it. I think CML got her rash from working outside in the weeds and stuff.
Itty Bitty Critters

Hollywood, FL

#193 May 7, 2008
Aha wrote:
Regarding garlic: An md I know kept a mason jar of peeled garlic in vinegar hidden in his office cabinet. He showed it to me and let me smell the garlic fumes, whew, it was a strong inhalent.
The md told me he smelled the garlic after patients who were very sick left his small windowless office in the hospital. Sniffing the garlic fumes knocked out airborn germs and diseases. Similar to smelling ammonia salts. Funeral parlors used to keep ammonia packets to let fainting people smell the ammonia to wake up and prevent fainting.
This md told me his 'arrogant' medical collegues laughed at him for 'sniffing garlic' so he hid the garlic in a sealed mason jar in his cabinet.
Meanwhile this same md noted people were being tortured and mistreated in this medical hospital, so he complained to his medical md collegues. The arrogant mds laughed at him and said ' they and thier fathers and grandfathers were mds'' who came to america on the mayflower from england' and that no "little jewish md" from nyc was going to tell them how to treat patients, and patient abuse continued at that hospital.
So my friend the md, went to nyc and invited hiraldo rivera and other nyc news teams to bring hidden cameras and investigate the no cure and medical tortures, mistreatments, and abuses going on in the 'arrogant' md run hospital. So much abuse was uncovered by investigative news teams, the hospital was shut down and re opened under decent non abusive, md management.
There are good and bad in every field, if ALL mds were so smart they would not die at an average age of 57 years old. source: insurance actuary tables, average mortality rate by professions.
There are curative treatment values in natural foods, spices, herbs and in patented medicines, many patented medicines are derived from natural botanical and herbal sources. Quinine, the cure for malaria globally, is derived from a plant tree bark.
There is alot of that stuff going on in ALL ORGANIZATIONS. If you are not part of the click, you will get your ass kicked to the curb. Most jobs are easy to do, but dealing with the people in your job, is the most difficult.
Itty Bitty Critters

Hollywood, FL

#194 May 7, 2008
Aha wrote:
As you are tossing all of your infected cloth, infested household items, into the garbage, remember:
'He who travels lightest, travels farthest and fastest'
For those who need a free online coach to help them de clutter and take control over thier homes and organize and clean thier environments, see www.flylady.net
Aha: I have been a member of flylady with so many years now. Are you a member? I like the emails, because they remind you, what needs to be done. Do you know what the "fly" means? It means FINALLY LOVING YOURSELF.
Itty Bitty Critters

Hollywood, FL

#195 May 7, 2008
Aha wrote:
1.Throw all your infected clothes out, burn them.
2. Buy cheap cheap new clothes, soak and wash them in 1 cup ammonia at night after use.
3. Bathe every single day with medicinal antibacterial soap, alternate with sea salt and herbal soaks or your favorite scrubs, seasalt etc, get to a sauna if you can.
4. Wash your hands all the time like you are a surgeon, wash up to elbows count to 21 so soap can kill mites, rinse well.
5. Buy elimite/permethrin and stromectol/ivermectin, follow common scabacide directions for use and use 10 tubes of it, if you can afford to. Use sulfer if you can tolerate it.
6. Use every food, herb, oil, salve, topical, that feels good to you and is a known scabicide miticide ovacide and larvacide.
7. Spray pestcides and use fumigators that are mite killers, springtail killers,vacumn and fumigate your car on a pesticide control schedule also.
8. Repair screens to keep carrier bugs out, paint and seal all cracks in walls, repaint all your walls with white washable latex paint.
9. Move, if you canot decontaminate your environment, throw all infested stuff away.
10. Wash your floors and carpets and non wood, non leather surfaces with ammonia or bleach or lysol, DO NOT use bleach and ammonia together as they form a toxic gas combined. Use ammonia OR bleach OR Lysol OR Borax, as you prefer.
11. Eat and drink every food, herb, spice, medicine, juice, etc. that will clean your bloodstream and also act as a miticide ovacide larvacide, anti helmith, anti parasite, and build up your immune and overall health.
11. Throw out all infested cloth and clutter.
12. DO NOT GIVE UP. REALIZE SCABIES IS A CUREABLE DISEASE.
13.Take this infection/infestation as wake up call and OPPORTUNITY to put 1. your health 2. your body 3.your diet, 4.your hygeine 5.your environment sanitation 6. your exposure, in good order.
14. Remember scabies and endo and ecto parasites are a CURABLE and treatable manageable condition. Take this as an opportunity to make DRASTIC changes in your life, for a better, wiser, more educated knowlegeable, healthier self, environment and future.
15. No one said curing scabies, mites, ecto, endo parasites was/is easy.
16. The good news is, the condition can be cured and treated with determination and application of the many antidotes, practices and treatments.
Best Wishes and Godspeed healing and progress to all.
Ps. Thank you for all your insightful posts comments and links.
You don't have to throw out your clothes, if you let them soak in scalding hot water for 2 hours or more (or overnight). Or if you boil them. How can you constantly throw away clothes? What normal person has that kind of a budget? Also, what are you going to do with the new clothes you buy? Are you going to throw them out, too? and so forth?
alhatesitchen

Oak Harbor, WA

#196 May 8, 2008
Itty Bitty Critters wrote:
<quoted text>
Al: Also, I think some of the topicals, like Lindane, just doesn't get rid of all the mites and eggs. You have to be careful with lindane, you can't use it day after day.
Also, if you dealing dealing with a scabies mite, you don't have to wait 3 months to use something stored in a bag. With sarcoptic mites, it's best to leave the clothes out, so that any mites or eggs in them, can dry up. Putting them in a dark plastic bag will maintain the moisture and/or humidity, which helps mites and eggs stay alive longer.
Sarcoptic mites are not supposed to live any longer than 30 days without a host. Rodent mites, it is 63 days. Some bird mites live 8 months without a host.
What I meant about Lindane use it as directed. Lindane does kill mite eggs. I personally would never use Lindane. Scabies is really not that hard to get rid of if you stick to a plan. You just can't keep treating with topicals and do your laundry as normal. I am willing to bet that most everyone on here is getting reinfested by clothes that they think are cleaned. If you have a microscope check out your washed clothes.. My turning point was using sulfer non stop (Yes I don't advise everyone to do that). Drying my clothes first and then washing them. Even after I washed them I would wait a while to wear them. Rotate clothes out and so on. Everything is a process in what ever you do in life. Killing scabies is no different. There are steps for everything.
Itty Bitty Critters

Deerfield Beach, FL

#197 May 9, 2008
alhatesitchen wrote:
<quoted text>What I meant about Lindane use it as directed. Lindane does kill mite eggs. I personally would never use Lindane. Scabies is really not that hard to get rid of if you stick to a plan. You just can't keep treating with topicals and do your laundry as normal. I am willing to bet that most everyone on here is getting reinfested by clothes that they think are cleaned. If you have a microscope check out your washed clothes.. My turning point was using sulfer non stop (Yes I don't advise everyone to do that). Drying my clothes first and then washing them. Even after I washed them I would wait a while to wear them. Rotate clothes out and so on. Everything is a process in what ever you do in life. Killing scabies is no different. There are steps for everything.
Al. I think maybe you had the "vanilla variety" of scabies. You got rid of it pretty quickly, compared to what Been There, Sam, CML, and I are/have gone through. Also, didn't you stay away from your home, alot, during the time you were fighting this?
alhatesitchen

Oak Harbor, WA

#198 May 10, 2008
Itty Bitty Critters wrote:
<quoted text>
Al. I think maybe you had the "vanilla variety" of scabies. You got rid of it pretty quickly, compared to what Been There, Sam, CML, and I are/have gone through. Also, didn't you stay away from your home, alot, during the time you were fighting this?
Well I was at 8 or 9 months with it and thats still too long for anyone. No I stayed home, I was debating on leaving for awhile. But last year this time people were saying mites live for 3 days and this and that. So you can see being on this board can get confusing at times. One day I noticed that I was getting bumps after wearing clean cothes. So I just decided to take matter in my own hands. I do think scabies is just scabies. Yes some might be resistant to perm. When it came down to it sulfer was the way as it is hard for scabies to build a resistance to it. There is no secret to killing scabies. On the other hand I can't say that about bird mites and things out of the norm. Thats my experience with it. It came to the point for me of saying "This is enough, I gotta do this." You really have to study about what works and what don't. Taking into account of studies out there and so on. When relying on this board sometimes information is not what it seems. I have bought Ivermectin, Perm, BB, sulfer soaps and ect. Because people on here say it works. Ivermectin yeah it helps but it is not no cure. You just have to go it alone and learn yourself and what works for you. Not because someone says that works. Thats my take on this.
Dead Mite

United States

#199 May 10, 2008
Studies on cattle, humans and companion animals have proven that Ivermectin is a cure for scabies when used alone. Timing, number of doses and the amount of dose required depends on the extent of the infestion.

Ivermectin does not kill eggs or immature mites and it just makes common sense that more than one dose is necessary to break the life cycle of the mites. Sometimes topicals are used with Ivermectin to help speed the process of killing mites. In some cases 2 doses of Ivermectin alone are sufficient. I'm just saying there are hundreds of studies to prove this. Some form of Avermectin or Milbemycin is used to treat cattle and sheep for mange mites without the use of an additional scabicide.

Mites survive off a host longer than 3 days. Depending on climate temp and humidity, mites can survive for around 21 days off a host, so there is one source of reinfestation. The more factual info is found mostly in veterinary literature which is a good source of info on sarcoptic mites. That 3 day thing is old school and tossed out in literiture by MD's who copie what another MD copied from another MD.
Jilly

Brisbane, Australia

#200 May 10, 2008
Aha wrote:
1.Throw all your infected clothes out, burn them.
2. Buy cheap cheap new clothes, soak and wash them in 1 cup ammonia at night after use.
3. Bathe every single day with medicinal antibacterial soap, alternate with sea salt and herbal soaks or your favorite scrubs, seasalt etc, get to a sauna if you can.
4. Wash your hands all the time like you are a surgeon, wash up to elbows count to 21 so soap can kill mites, rinse well.
5. Buy elimite/permethrin and stromectol/ivermectin, follow common scabacide directions for use and use 10 tubes of it, if you can afford to. Use sulfer if you can tolerate it.
6. Use every food, herb, oil, salve, topical, that feels good to you and is a known scabicide miticide ovacide and larvacide.
7. Spray pestcides and use fumigators that are mite killers, springtail killers,vacumn and fumigate your car on a pesticide control schedule also.
8. Repair screens to keep carrier bugs out, paint and seal all cracks in walls, repaint all your walls with white washable latex paint.
9. Move, if you canot decontaminate your environment, throw all infested stuff away.
10. Wash your floors and carpets and non wood, non leather surfaces with ammonia or bleach or lysol, DO NOT use bleach and ammonia together as they form a toxic gas combined. Use ammonia OR bleach OR Lysol OR Borax, as you prefer.
11. Eat and drink every food, herb, spice, medicine, juice, etc. that will clean your bloodstream and also act as a miticide ovacide larvacide, anti helmith, anti parasite, and build up your immune and overall health.
11. Throw out all infested cloth and clutter.
12. DO NOT GIVE UP. REALIZE SCABIES IS A CUREABLE DISEASE.
13.Take this infection/infestation as wake up call and OPPORTUNITY to put 1. your health 2. your body 3.your diet, 4.your hygeine 5.your environment sanitation 6. your exposure, in good order.
14. Remember scabies and endo and ecto parasites are a CURABLE and treatable manageable condition. Take this as an opportunity to make DRASTIC changes in your life, for a better, wiser, more educated knowlegeable, healthier self, environment and future.
15. No one said curing scabies, mites, ecto, endo parasites was/is easy.
16. The good news is, the condition can be cured and treated with determination and application of the many antidotes, practices and treatments.
Best Wishes and Godspeed healing and progress to all.
Ps. Thank you for all your insightful posts comments and links.
Yhank you for giving us the hope & faith we need to keep at this.
Itty Bitty Critters

Vero Beach, FL

#201 May 11, 2008
alhatesitchen wrote:
<quoted text>Well I was at 8 or 9 months with it and thats still too long for anyone. No I stayed home, I was debating on leaving for awhile. But last year this time people were saying mites live for 3 days and this and that. So you can see being on this board can get confusing at times. One day I noticed that I was getting bumps after wearing clean cothes. So I just decided to take matter in my own hands. I do think scabies is just scabies. Yes some might be resistant to perm. When it came down to it sulfer was the way as it is hard for scabies to build a resistance to it. There is no secret to killing scabies. On the other hand I can't say that about bird mites and things out of the norm. Thats my experience with it. It came to the point for me of saying "This is enough, I gotta do this." You really have to study about what works and what don't. Taking into account of studies out there and so on. When relying on this board sometimes information is not what it seems. I have bought Ivermectin, Perm, BB, sulfer soaps and ect. Because people on here say it works. Ivermectin yeah it helps but it is not no cure. You just have to go it alone and learn yourself and what works for you. Not because someone says that works. Thats my take on this.
You see. This is my beef. People keep saying they got a "few bumps." That is how they know they have an active case of scabies. That is just not the case with me. Mine are mean biting mites. That is how I know I have them. Not because I got a few bumps or a curved burrow shaped thing on my arm. This is why mine are different. I literally get attacked around my bedding, my kitchen, and around where I use the computer. that is why I always go from sarcoptic mange mite, to bird mite or rodent mite, which are more difficult to eradicate.
everon

South Africa

#202 May 12, 2008
and as my nick suggests it feels like these buggers are for-everon me. currently treating with spregal, will def. do the bleach baths and ask my doc about ivermectin. these shits cause me sleepless nights sigh, thanks for everyone's input
Miserable in SA

AOL

#203 May 12, 2008
Aha wrote:
As you are tossing all of your infected cloth, infested household items, into the garbage, remember:
'He who travels lightest, travels farthest and fastest'
For those who need a free online coach to help them de clutter and take control over thier homes and organize and clean thier environments, see www.flylady.net
Really cool site. MIS
alhatesitchen

Oak Harbor, WA

#204 May 12, 2008
Itty Bitty Critters wrote:
<quoted text>
You see. This is my beef. People keep saying they got a "few bumps." That is how they know they have an active case of scabies. That is just not the case with me. Mine are mean biting mites. That is how I know I have them. Not because I got a few bumps or a curved burrow shaped thing on my arm. This is why mine are different. I literally get attacked around my bedding, my kitchen, and around where I use the computer. that is why I always go from sarcoptic mange mite, to bird mite or rodent mite, which are more difficult to eradicate.
I never found burrows but I think I had Nodular scabies. This could be your case also. Yeah you really can feel the bites.. I hate it.
http://health.yahoo.com/skinconditions-treatm...
Welty

AOL

#205 May 14, 2008
Itty Bitty, Yes, I had sharp stabbing bites. By the computer area. We think this sharp "bite" might be when a burrower gets too close and hits a nerve under the skin. I haven't had one of those for a while. I also thought it had to be bird mites - they felt like bites on my skin surface. After aggressively treating myself (for burrowing mites, not bird mites) I am not feeling the bites. I clean or avoid a lot of things. I keep a piece of saran over my keyboard and discard it at the end of the day and a little one over my mouse. I also had an atypical rash, which Al, I didn't know you had.
Al, I am so happy you are cured and thank you for staying with us and cheering us all on.(I have been using my pet's Lymdyp, a brand name pet liquid sulfer that I mix in with melted coconut oil. I make it about l5%. At room temp, coconut oil is a solid, so it is easy to apply and goes pretty far. Also, coconut oil is so moist that the sulfer is not really drying to my skin. I am using it as a spot and for area treating, but not full body. Once Tablespoon to about four and a half tablespoons of coconut oil is perfect. I can make tons of batches from one tiny bottle of Lymdyp, and with the coconut oil it doesn't stain my skin. But Whew! I add a two drops of rose oil, and I can tolerate it, but I hate boiled eggs even. It seems to work pretty well on any suspicious bumps I've had and I also cover that entire area. I did burn the %%$^%^ out of myself using one drop of this stuff undiluted on a bad bump and leaving it on for a minute or two. 97% sulfer. It felt good at first and never hurt really, but it looked like a cigarette burn. Anyway, the sulfer because it's already liquid is easy to mix - it's never heated, no fumes, just added to warm coconut oil that I pre-nuke for about 30 seconds and blend in as it cools a few times. And it's cheap. Mine was $8. It's not being used on my pet, so what the hey. Thought of you and how you're one of the only people who's been cured and thought I'd make some up. I don't think MSM works except as a good scrub, and I think it gets surface males, but I do think this sulfer gets down in and kills what's underneath.
Itty Bitty Critters

Deerfield Beach, FL

#206 May 15, 2008
Welty wrote:
Itty Bitty, Yes, I had sharp stabbing bites. By the computer area. We think this sharp "bite" might be when a burrower gets too close and hits a nerve under the skin. I haven't had one of those for a while. I also thought it had to be bird mites - they felt like bites on my skin surface. After aggressively treating myself (for burrowing mites, not bird mites) I am not feeling the bites. I clean or avoid a lot of things. I keep a piece of saran over my keyboard and discard it at the end of the day and a little one over my mouse. I also had an atypical rash, which Al, I didn't know you had.
Al, I am so happy you are cured and thank you for staying with us and cheering us all on.(I have been using my pet's Lymdyp, a brand name pet liquid sulfer that I mix in with melted coconut oil. I make it about l5%. At room temp, coconut oil is a solid, so it is easy to apply and goes pretty far. Also, coconut oil is so moist that the sulfer is not really drying to my skin. I am using it as a spot and for area treating, but not full body. Once Tablespoon to about four and a half tablespoons of coconut oil is perfect. I can make tons of batches from one tiny bottle of Lymdyp, and with the coconut oil it doesn't stain my skin. But Whew! I add a two drops of rose oil, and I can tolerate it, but I hate boiled eggs even. It seems to work pretty well on any suspicious bumps I've had and I also cover that entire area. I did burn the %%$^%^ out of myself using one drop of this stuff undiluted on a bad bump and leaving it on for a minute or two. 97% sulfer. It felt good at first and never hurt really, but it looked like a cigarette burn. Anyway, the sulfer because it's already liquid is easy to mix - it's never heated, no fumes, just added to warm coconut oil that I pre-nuke for about 30 seconds and blend in as it cools a few times. And it's cheap. Mine was $8. It's not being used on my pet, so what the hey. Thought of you and how you're one of the only people who's been cured and thought I'd make some up. I don't think MSM works except as a good scrub, and I think it gets surface males, but I do think this sulfer gets down in and kills what's underneath.
good idea welty to use the lymdip like that. doesn't it stink, though? did you think of that? or did you read about it somewhere?
Thisiscrazy

Marietta, GA

#207 May 15, 2008
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
thankyou, ive spent ages going through the forums... i just dont get it. dont the doctors take it seriously? am i supposed to wash everything, bedding, clothes, coats after wearing them once? its bloody horrible... does anyone actually get rid of it? it doesnt sound like it... is there no hope?!:-(
I heard that doctors do not have to report scabies and i think that it is bull crap, i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. i've been treating for a week now. help
cb
Itty Bitty Critters

Deerfield Beach, FL

#208 May 15, 2008
Welty wrote:
Itty Bitty, Yes, I had sharp stabbing bites. By the computer area. We think this sharp "bite" might be when a burrower gets too close and hits a nerve under the skin. I haven't had one of those for a while. I also thought it had to be bird mites - they felt like bites on my skin surface. After aggressively treating myself (for burrowing mites, not bird mites) I am not feeling the bites. I clean or avoid a lot of things. I keep a piece of saran over my keyboard and discard it at the end of the day and a little one over my mouse. I also had an atypical rash, which Al, I didn't know you had.
Al, I am so happy you are cured and thank you for staying with us and cheering us all on.(I have been using my pet's Lymdyp, a brand name pet liquid sulfer that I mix in with melted coconut oil. I make it about l5%. At room temp, coconut oil is a solid, so it is easy to apply and goes pretty far. Also, coconut oil is so moist that the sulfer is not really drying to my skin. I am using it as a spot and for area treating, but not full body. Once Tablespoon to about four and a half tablespoons of coconut oil is perfect. I can make tons of batches from one tiny bottle of Lymdyp, and with the coconut oil it doesn't stain my skin. But Whew! I add a two drops of rose oil, and I can tolerate it, but I hate boiled eggs even. It seems to work pretty well on any suspicious bumps I've had and I also cover that entire area. I did burn the %%$^%^ out of myself using one drop of this stuff undiluted on a bad bump and leaving it on for a minute or two. 97% sulfer. It felt good at first and never hurt really, but it looked like a cigarette burn. Anyway, the sulfer because it's already liquid is easy to mix - it's never heated, no fumes, just added to warm coconut oil that I pre-nuke for about 30 seconds and blend in as it cools a few times. And it's cheap. Mine was $8. It's not being used on my pet, so what the hey. Thought of you and how you're one of the only people who's been cured and thought I'd make some up. I don't think MSM works except as a good scrub, and I think it gets surface males, but I do think this sulfer gets down in and kills what's underneath.
mine are bites on the skin surface. doesn't have anything to do with hitting a nerve, with me. they just attack me in areas such as the kitchen, the car, this computer, and any area that is infested or which I use alot.
feduptothemax

Collegeville, PA

#209 May 29, 2008
alhatesitchen wrote:
You simply cannot just do your laundry as normal. Especially if you don't know what type of mites you are fighting. If you have to boil your clothes or bag them up wait 3 months and go from there. Sulfer is the only natural killer of scabies that I can think off top of my head. But reguardless the more you treat with any topicals the more resistance these mites become. Think about this, Lindane should kill scabies with no issues. For some it does not work. How come? Its the clothes or your environment. If some of you guys dont give your laundry 100% then you might as well live with scabies for years to come.
Exactly! It's as I've been saying for months, the biggest problem probably with many of us is reinfestation, I mean I can swear I've gotten rid of it just staying jailed in my house and wearing items I can throw away after one use or being nude around the house, but as soon as I put on something that I've washed or bagged for awhile by the time I get where I'm going I'm done in for again or even sit somewhere that according to all the usual info should be good after vacuuming and leaving alone for a couple of weeks (like cars).

When you think about it, often times we are thinking that we are simply not doing the right things to get it off of our bodies, it could be that maybe we are some of us, but because of reinfestation over time it becomes so hard to tell if it's us or the clothes we keep trying to cure and the environments we repeatedly come into contact with.

I just went to another Doc who came right out and said that I'm crazy and wants to send me to Psych, yet she also passed on the usual referrals to infectious and derm, I will print out Janetinnyc infor from her African doc in Florida and try to pass it on to these docs and hopefully it will cause some type of an epiphany and I will get solid help.

In the meantime I wish everyone the usual wishes of good luck and I will keep you all posted.

One last thought, I think it's a damn shame this woman had to leave her home and take off in what must feel like the wilderness sometimes before she could find someone who seemed to know something about this that could her.
alhatesitchen

Oak Harbor, WA

#210 May 29, 2008
feduptothemax wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! It's as I've been saying for months, the biggest problem probably with many of us is reinfestation, I mean I can swear I've gotten rid of it just staying jailed in my house and wearing items I can throw away after one use or being nude around the house, but as soon as I put on something that I've washed or bagged for awhile by the time I get where I'm going I'm done in for again or even sit somewhere that according to all the usual info should be good after vacuuming and leaving alone for a couple of weeks (like cars).
When you think about it, often times we are thinking that we are simply not doing the right things to get it off of our bodies, it could be that maybe we are some of us, but because of reinfestation over time it becomes so hard to tell if it's us or the clothes we keep trying to cure and the environments we repeatedly come into contact with.
I just went to another Doc who came right out and said that I'm crazy and wants to send me to Psych, yet she also passed on the usual referrals to infectious and derm, I will print out Janetinnyc infor from her African doc in Florida and try to pass it on to these docs and hopefully it will cause some type of an epiphany and I will get solid help.
In the meantime I wish everyone the usual wishes of good luck and I will keep you all posted.
One last thought, I think it's a damn shame this woman had to leave her home and take off in what must feel like the wilderness sometimes before she could find someone who seemed to know something about this that could her.
It is the clothes I tell you.. I used rounds and rounds of Ivermectin and that never worked. Even though the clothes were washed I would get new bumps after putting on the washed cothes. I have to say people on here thinks that Ivermectin will work and they keep taking it over and over. Eventually that Ivermectin will take a toll on them down the road health wise, that goes for perm too! If I had to do it over again. I would use LINDANE off the bat and do some hard core cleaning and new clothes.

Since: Jan 08

Chicago, Il

#211 May 29, 2008
alhatesitchen wrote:
<quoted text>It is the clothes I tell you.. I used rounds and rounds of Ivermectin and that never worked. Even though the clothes were washed I would get new bumps after putting on the washed cothes. I have to say people on here thinks that Ivermectin will work and they keep taking it over and over. Eventually that Ivermectin will take a toll on them down the road health wise, that goes for perm too! If I had to do it over again. I would use LINDANE off the bat and do some hard core cleaning and new clothes.
I agree with you Al. I have been wearing the same few shirts & pants for months, washing after every wear. I am scared to death of any clothes I wore during my beginning infestation that are now in bags. I opened a bag a month or so ago, it was half full & I put the contents in another half full bag to condense, and within a day or so my wrists/forearms had bumps. Only one of them itched, but, still, it had to be the clothes in the bag. Thank God I didn't put any on & wear them all day!! The bumps were gone within less than 2 weeks with some perm smeared on my arms (I know, I know) & daily applications of sulfur. Maybe it was some type of post issue, but, I don't think so. I never had any problems on my arms before, even at my worst.
Well, I just wanted to add my 2 cents. You always have really good advice & information Al. Thanks for reminding us all of things we may not be thinking of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies in my mouth? Mon ThinkPositiveAZ 3
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) Mon Pmwelch07 58
Scabies Mon Nocureyet 2
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) May 19 OldandTiredofMites 611
Ultrasound Heat Treatment for Scabies May 19 GrassField 9
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) May 18 Fairytale 623
Is this Scabies? Nonremovable black specs?! May 18 Gmama 5