how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? its driving me mad...

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 215
Next Last
steph

Mitcham, UK

#1 Feb 19, 2007
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Been There

San Diego, CA

#2 Feb 19, 2007
Got to the top of this page and click on scabies forum. You will see more forums with all the info you need to treat scabies.
Ask all the questions you want, someone will answer and help you.
Ordering Links is a new forum we just started to make it easier for people to find products, this forum has links to buying products the posters recommend.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T4U...
steph

Mitcham, UK

#3 Feb 19, 2007
Been There wrote:
Got to the top of this page and click on scabies forum. You will see more forums with all the info you need to treat scabies.
Ask all the questions you want, someone will answer and help you.
Ordering Links is a new forum we just started to make it easier for people to find products, this forum has links to buying products the posters recommend.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T4U...
thankyou, ive spent ages going through the forums... i just dont get it. dont the doctors take it seriously? am i supposed to wash everything, bedding, clothes, coats after wearing them once? its bloody horrible... does anyone actually get rid of it? it doesnt sound like it... is there no hope?!:-(
Mary

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Feb 19, 2007
You need to get a dermatologist to prescribe ivermectin. Have you read PAGE 5 from the Thread, Scabies is Highly Contagious. Look for the poster named "Scabies in FL." Read all his posts there on page 5. Please do a major internet search on ivermectin. Research it thoroughly.
steph wrote:
hi, i need people's help... me and my boyfriend have been itching for the last 3-4months... he went to the docs and they brushed it off as bed mites or something so we spent a fortune on stuff for that and nothing happened... we both went and they said we had scabies... they gave us Derbac M. you cover your body in it for 24hours then wash it off and the same again a week later. we did this and we're still scratching... i am not allowed to work until im totally cured and i cant afford to take any more time off work... plus, im covered in scabs and blood is always on the bed covers from itching at night. please somebody help me, coz it is actually driving me mad. and you read about these people who have had it for years and i couldnt cope with it. please help. thank you!!
steph

Mitcham, UK

#5 Feb 19, 2007
Mary wrote:
You need to get a dermatologist to prescribe ivermectin. Have you read PAGE 5 from the Thread, Scabies is Highly Contagious. Look for the poster named "Scabies in FL." Read all his posts there on page 5. Please do a major internet search on ivermectin. Research it thoroughly.
<quoted text>
thankyou mary. ive never been on a forum before... theyre great, everyones really helpful. i guess we're all miserable together?! what have you used/tried?
Sam

Tuolumne, CA

#6 Feb 19, 2007
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
thankyou, ive spent ages going through the forums... i just dont get it. dont the doctors take it seriously? am i supposed to wash everything, bedding, clothes, coats after wearing them once? its bloody horrible... does anyone actually get rid of it? it doesnt sound like it... is there no hope?!:-(
Hi Steph, yes there is hope, yes you will get rid of it, as many people have, they just don't post anymore, yes you have to wash everything after a single wearing, including sheets and blankets every day, no the doctors don't take it seriously because these things used to be easier to get rid of, or they have become resistant to current medicines, or something.

"Derbac M:
Ingredients
Malathion 0.5% w/w
Warnings
Prolonged or repeated use with this product should be avoided. It should not be used more than once a week and for not more than three consecutive weeks."

It has a low success rate and I believe it is banned in the US (I could be wrong), maybe just banned for use on crops.

And yes scabies is bloody horrible.

You have read many of the posts, but to summarize,

Oral ivermectin
Topical miticide like Elimite 5% permethrin or Benzemul or Ascabiol (same thing)
Benzyl Benzoate additive to laundry, wash and dry on hot.
70% rubbing alcohol on itchy spots, and spray shoes, environment, don't forget to clean your car a lot. Maybe mix alcohol with BB.
Clean, vacuum, clean, vacuum.
If you've been scratching a lot you could have them under your fingernails too. Check the posts for that.
If you have pets they need to be treated too.
Vinyl zip covers for mattress and pillows, wipe daily with bleach.

Post back and let us know how you're doing, hope this helps.

Ok everyone, did I miss anything?
Isolated

Henderson, NV

#8 Feb 20, 2007
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Steph, yes there is hope, yes you will get rid of it, as many people have, they just don't post anymore, yes you have to wash everything after a single wearing, including sheets and blankets every day, no the doctors don't take it seriously because these things used to be easier to get rid of, or they have become resistant to current medicines, or something.
"Derbac M:
Ingredients
Malathion 0.5% w/w
Warnings
Prolonged or repeated use with this product should be avoided. It should not be used more than once a week and for not more than three consecutive weeks."
It has a low success rate and I believe it is banned in the US (I could be wrong), maybe just banned for use on crops.
And yes scabies is bloody horrible.
You have read many of the posts, but to summarize,
Oral ivermectin
Topical miticide like Elimite 5% permethrin or Benzemul or Ascabiol (same thing)
Benzyl Benzoate additive to laundry, wash and dry on hot.
70% rubbing alcohol on itchy spots, and spray shoes, environment, don't forget to clean your car a lot. Maybe mix alcohol with BB.
Clean, vacuum, clean, vacuum.
If you've been scratching a lot you could have them under your fingernails too. Check the posts for that.
If you have pets they need to be treated too.
Vinyl zip covers for mattress and pillows, wipe daily with bleach.
Post back and let us know how you're doing, hope this helps.
Ok everyone, did I miss anything?
Excellent work Sam!
Might add bathing. Soaking for 20-30 min in hot tub. add natural oils and scrub your skin. Then rinse off in shower. To treat surface crawlers. ISO
lulu

Tampa, FL

#9 Mar 23, 2007
scabbies sucks!! My boyfriend got them from being in the miltary. He went to israel and was gone for 6 months. He was on a a leave and came back to the states and i made him go to the dermatologist and get rx. they gave him and me permithan 5% but it doesnt work!! they have stayed for 14 months. he went back and was gone for 6 more months. he came back for 2 weeks. and I had barely none and I was so happy. I was around hin twice and quess what they are back. I have tried rxs and I was everything. Now Iused to work for a Dr. And now I'm not allowed to work till there gone! Help Do you have any ideas. Also adams father is an attorney & you think with his influence he could get something done for the millartary tested. I just want them gone for good. any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Interesting

Canoga Park, CA

#13 Jun 19, 2007
Braveheart wrote:
<quoted text> Scabies is just another gift from south of the border...Along with their Intestional worms. Besides re-introducing measles and mumps.and adding herpes and AIDS...But what the hell ,people..we're not going to do a damn thing to stop these rats.
Wow, your really wierd!!
End of my Rope

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jun 20, 2007
Antonio - in Germany - I went to the link but cannot figure out which product to purchase - you say lotion but also say 32 oz would be enough for two people. Please advise.

Since: Jun 07

San Diego, CA

#16 Jun 21, 2007
I was diagnosed by a professional nurse at a local health clinic with a moderate case of scabies in October, 2006. I had developed an outbreak of numerous itchy red bumps, some with small whiteheads, across my groin area and inner thighs. I was prescribed Elimite to treat the outbreak, and it seemed to work, however a few bumps remained and I treated again a week later. I was not able to get rid of all of the bumps, and they spread to my legs and abdomen. I bagged up all of my clothing, and laundered the rest, drying everything at a laundromat on high heat. A few weeks later, I reached into a bag to grab out a shirt, and the next day I had a huge outbreak on both arms. I went to a second nurse, who rediagnosed me with scabies event though she had never seen scabies before, basing her decisions upon my original diagnosis and treatment. I treated with Elimite again and it seemed to work ok. I was never able to get rid of all the bumps however with Elimite no matter how hard I cleaned. I bought the purple Extreem Clean off the DermatechRX website and the Mitactin salve and spray and that seemed to work better. I threw out a couch, and a rug, and a set of sheets, and began cleaning everything on a daily basis. I mopped my floor, did laundry, covered my mattress with a mattress cover, and wiped it down everyday. My girlfriend and best friend got it too. My friend went to see a third nurse who told him he had Folliculitis, which is basically a bacterial staph infection of the hair follicles on the skin. Well I laughed at first not believing that two previous medical professionals could have been wrong, but I researched it online and sure enough, the symptoms and bumps looked exactly like what we had. We immediately stopped using the mitactin, and permethrin on the skin, and stopped cleaning with the extreem clean. Instead we bought antibacterial soap and over the counter antibiotic cream. My girlfriend and I began scrubbing our entire bodies daily with the soap and an exfoliating sponge, and put cream on the red spots. It worked like a charm. Within a week everything had basically disappeared, except some spots that were obviously still healing.
jay gerson

Randallstown, MD

#17 Aug 21, 2007
i got scabies about 9 months ago. i have had persistent treatments and both of my dermatologists say that i have not had scabies for a few months now but i stil have red nodules on my upper thighs and buttocks. i have been taking topical steriods to reduce the swelling in the nodules which seems to work for awhile then the nodules swell up again. Is it possible to just have the skin removed where the nodules are so i can finally get rid of them? Anyone who could help please do because i am desperate.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#18 Aug 21, 2007
jay gerson wrote:
i got scabies about 9 months ago. i have had persistent treatments and both of my dermatologists say that i have not had scabies for a few months now but i stil have red nodules on my upper thighs and buttocks. i have been taking topical steriods to reduce the swelling in the nodules which seems to work for awhile then the nodules swell up again. Is it possible to just have the skin removed where the nodules are so i can finally get rid of them? Anyone who could help please do because i am desperate.
if you still have live mites, you need to know this. the steriods are keeping you from knowing if you still have live mites. stop taking the steriods and take some topical (permethrin) and internal (ivermectin) treatments to get rid of them once and for all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dawn Hollister

Redmond, WA

#19 Aug 21, 2007
I have been putting up with Scabies for about 6 months now, as have my children. I was up all night last night trying to find something. Everything seemed to be fake, or a scam or something. But I found this, if you guys want to check it out. I've tried the smelly stuff, and the lindane. I'm going to try this.

http://tamahanaturals.angelfire.com/sulfream....

I don't know how goods its going to do.. but I have to do something. I'll keep you guys posted.
Sam

Sonora, CA

#20 Aug 21, 2007
Dawn Hollister wrote:
I have been putting up with Scabies for about 6 months now, as have my children. I was up all night last night trying to find something. Everything seemed to be fake, or a scam or something. But I found this, if you guys want to check it out. I've tried the smelly stuff, and the lindane. I'm going to try this.
http://tamahanaturals.angelfire.com/sulfream....
I don't know how goods its going to do.. but I have to do something. I'll keep you guys posted.
Dawn, save your $49. Get some ivermectin, permethrin, Benzemul and Borax. That Sulfream looks like it's both fake and a scam. Check the fine print on their return policy too. For the sake of your children.
Charles

Guangzhou, China

#21 Sep 30, 2007
Hello everybody, just like all of you here even i was suffering with this irritating problem of scabies.I am a med student and the itches never let me study peacefully, every 5 secs i was scratching. I tried everything, prickly heat powders, anti-itch creams..........they just stopped the itch for about a few hours but basically were useless
But then a Dr prescribed me permite cream(permithrin) and my itching with the ugly red bumps started reducing from the next day onwards !!! this stuff really worked.........
what i'm trying to say is that this stuff does work. I used to apply Catecholemine sol. first for about an hour then take a bath with hot water. Then i applied the permite cream, from the neck downwards, without even missing a single square inch of my skin, i mean literally. I finished like 5 tubes.All you need to cure this disease is patience.......which i must say will be very difficult, but hey i got cured and definately u will too !!
evangelist akins

Jacksonville, FL

#22 Oct 1, 2007
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
KayTee

Taylors, SC

#23 Oct 18, 2007
evangelist akins wrote:
I know this might sound crazy;however, Ive worked in a nursing home for 9 years, and I know all about Scabies.To treat them I would run a bath (as you usually would) Take bleach(of any kind)and place about 5-7 caps full in the bath.The bleach is deluted in by the water,so you won't have to worry about it being too strong.Take a bath as you normally do. The bleach may dry your skin and may be a little harsh on your skin;however the itching will cease and the scabies will be gone. Do this a couple of times (at night)
How long does this take? I'm not 100% sure I even have scabies - but I'm pretty sure. I do not have insurance and cannot afford to pay the Dr.$120 a visit - so I really hope this works.
Sammy Lynn

Delcambre, LA

#24 Nov 6, 2007
Hey Everyone
I've tried several things to get rid of my scabies, sores and most of all, the itching. Two weeks ago I purchased Mitactin and Mitactin Salve from DermaTechRx. I think that I'm over it, but not sure yet. I had been suffering for about 3 months before I was relieved. They also have products to rid these mites from your home, car and your clothes. I seems like it did the trick for me. www.dermatechrx.com 1-866-314-8917. You can call them and it won't cost you a dime to find out what they recommend.
ReyRay

Lanham, MD

#25 Nov 6, 2007
Dermatch has been a big waste of money for some of us. When I told them I wanted to return the product because it didn't work they told me "no you didn't order it all together".

Did they ever call you back to see if you were cured?

How can they brag about such good success rates unless they contact all of their customers?

I'm not putting you down Just the products that they don't stand behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 215
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 1 hr scratcher 159
Scabies cured (Dec '08) 3 hr lil skeet 96
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 4 hr Jaun101 6
Scabies .... scalp body solution that is FINALL... 8 hr shasha 1
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 17 hr wishful thinking 239
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) Sun marylandscabies 546
Apple Cider Vinegar (Jul '12) Sun essential oils 23
More from around the web