borax bath
scared

Otis, MA

#22 Dec 8, 2008
Roger wrote:
What kind of MITES are we talking about here?
Someone shared this treatment in a keratosis Pilaris forum. and i'm wondering if it would actually work.
They are talking about Scabbies...
bmorey

AOL

#24 Jan 12, 2009
Helper wrote:
I am cured from scabies all because I discovered an all natural product called 20 mule borax. It is in the laundry detergent sections of grocery stores like Kroger's. I bathed with about 1/3 of a box and a bottle of peroxide in warm water. I did this for almost 4 days and I also washed all laundry in 20 mule. Thank God I am cured..........
Please be careful with the peroxide. I really got burned bad using peroxide and the allergist told me "never use peroxide on your skin."
bmorey

AOL

#25 Jan 12, 2009
Please be careful using peroxide. I really got burned once using peroxide and the allergist told me "never use peroxide on your skin."
Bfash

Boston, MA

#26 Jan 15, 2009
Bath mixture of 1 cup Borax, 2 cups Epsom salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 10 drops of Sea Buckthorn oil. This will rid your body of any mite problem. You can wash clothing/bedding with this mixture also. Use Borax in a powdered sugar/flour shaker on carpeting and mattress, leave for a day or two than vac. This is a very effective treatment for mites, fleas, bed bugs. The borax actully dries out the extoskelaton of the pest and they dehydrate and die.
desperate

United States

#27 Jan 15, 2009
bfash, just curious b/c i have not heard that combination before, was it a cure for you, just wondering where that remedy came from--I'm trying anything that has been successful with others so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Bfash wrote:
Bath mixture of 1 cup Borax, 2 cups Epsom salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 10 drops of Sea Buckthorn oil. This will rid your body of any mite problem. You can wash clothing/bedding with this mixture also. Use Borax in a powdered sugar/flour shaker on carpeting and mattress, leave for a day or two than vac. This is a very effective treatment for mites, fleas, bed bugs. The borax actully dries out the extoskelaton of the pest and they dehydrate and die.
Bfash

Boston, MA

#28 Jan 16, 2009
To Desperate, Yes this works very well, you have to keep up with the baths for 7-10 days, depending on the type of mite. Don't wipe or shower after the baths, let the water dry on your skin. This leaves a residue on the skin that will continue to kill the mites as they try to move arround. Human face mite are more diffacult to get rid of due to the fact that they burrow below the skin into the hair folicle. This is where the Sea buckthorn oil is important. I use this powder mixture in a scrub with some Dr. Booner's soap(Avialable at Trader Joe's [email protected])You can also mix the powder in water and use as a cleaner on floors and furniture. It leaves a white residue, but that will keep the pests away.
steph

Thunder Bay, Canada

#29 Jan 16, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
desperate

United States

#30 Jan 22, 2009
Thank you bfash--how long did yours last? I am feeling defeated b/c I have been trying for 6 months but feel that there is so many places for these creatures to exist and dont know how to deal with something you cannot see. I live in a very big house and cannot imagine constanly cleaning to the excess needed all of the areas that I am in contact
lisa

Thunder Bay, Canada

#31 Jan 23, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
FREAKED OUT MOM

Mount Gilead, OH

#32 Feb 3, 2009
I am dealing with this problem with Scabies now.. My children had it about 10 yrs ago.. I did what the dr,. said. and well it was gone no problem. Now we have it again.. I am the only one that is really shoing signs of it.. I am vaccumming and cleaning EVERYTHING day and night.. I sprinkled BORAX on the carpets and furniture and left it there for 24 hours. I also did all the bedding.. Washing them daily and vaccume the bedding.. I place some Borax between the matress and the box springs. i also have sprinkled some on the beds under the sheets. I am soo obsessed with these things. I am trying to do everything to ensure to get rid of them and FAST.. my patches on my skin seem to be drying up but itch LOL.. feels like dry skin.. my kids dont have anything showing nor does my husband..I vaccume twice a day. And try to make sure everyone takes a BORAX bath at least once a day. Now.. I have not had any trouble with the funny smelling clothes that others seem to be having.. and I know I put alot in my washers DAILY.. I have bagged up the toys, and the clothes that my kids and husband and I don't wear and well they will be thrown away.. Thnking of rippng up carpet and getting ris of all furniture.. live on crates.. all becasue I am freaked out.. LOL..
Good Luck everyone.. I hope all my efforts will work out in the end.
Sleepless in NE

Hopewell Junction, NY

#33 Feb 11, 2009
Helper wrote:
I am cured from scabies all because I discovered an all natural product called 20 mule borax. It is in the laundry detergent sections of grocery stores like Kroger's. I bathed with about 1/3 of a box and a bottle of peroxide in warm water. I did this for almost 4 days and I also washed all laundry in 20 mule. Thank God I am cured..........
Helper I am happy to hear that you are cured. I hope this will work for me and my baby.
north port FL

Venice, FL

#35 Jan 6, 2010
I am trying helper's remedy and I will let you all know if it works for me. And if it gives me any problems or not.
north port FL

Venice, FL

#36 Jan 7, 2010
ok I soaked in 3 cups of 20 mule team borax, 2 cups peroxide for about 40 minutes last night. Afterwards i rinsed off in the shower. When I got out I was itch free.. for about 2 hours then the itching came back. That was my first soak out of as many as it may take.. Tonight I will do the same but I am going to add 3 cups of epsom salt to the mix as well. This time i'm not going to rinse off when im done soaking and i'll let you all know how I feel tomorrow.
MikDee

Milford, PA

#37 Jan 10, 2010
I tried a borax, & epsom salt bath, 1 cup of each, with 1/8 cup of Dawn orig blue as I read on a post from another site, the other night. No luck, got into bed, and the crawling, & biting started. I know I did this once before, and had things dropping off my body in the tub,,, Not this time, no results to speak of. I immediately got out the Arrid Extra dry spray, and sprayed the bedding, then left it for a little while for the sickeningly sweet pungent odor to die down, and finally got to sleep in peace.
Vann from Tennessee

Henderson, TN

#38 Jan 11, 2010
I am cured and here is what worked for me:

Scabies Cure, Non Toxic & Inexpensive
==========
If you have fibers coming out of skin, then you have Morgellons. STOP & read all messages at this thread:
http://www.morgellons-disease-research.com/Mo...
If you have Morgellons, this message will not help you.

Review of things that resulted in my cure. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is required. Do NOT breath the dust & use a dust mask if required.
http://www.divinehealthyproducts.com/deflour....
1) Bedroom
* Enclose mattress, box springs, pillows into zippered bags.
* Bed supports, furniture legs into pie pans sprinkled with DE.
* Sprinkle DE over the box spring & on mattress.
* Lightly sprinkle DE into sheets each morning.
* Sprinkle DE along floor molding, into shoes + slippers.
2) Spray mix 25% DE, 75% Windex once a week.
* Furniture, car upholstery & carpeting, bathrobe
3) Computer: Spray keyboard, screen with Windex weekly.
4) House cleaning: normal as always
5) Showers 4 times per week, normal and nothing special except-
* Use sulfer soap, Sulfer8 Shampoo. Rinse as usual, towel dry.
* Rub Sulfer8 Medicated Cream over breakout areas
6) Laundry: your normal laundry, keep dirty laundry in your usual laundry bin. Bed sheets weekly. Let DE do all of your hard work. Use Arm & Hammer detergent, 20 mule team Borax, and bleach for whites, peroxide for darks in HOT water. Dry HOT.
7) Change clothes every day, I take clean clothes from the bottom of the stack. Scabbies die within 4 days without their meal.
8)Drum Roll..... Now for the miracle cure.
25% DE mixed into 75% Grapeseed Oil. Apply to entire body in morning and before going to bed. Also again on any itchies. Leave it on the skin until the normal 4x a week shower.
9) Grapeseed oil notes
* absorbed into the skin, leaves skin silky smooth & healthy
* leaves a film of DE over skin surface
* leaves DE into and around Scabies molting burrows.
* Kills all surface mites
http://facecandy.blogspot.com/2007/07/reap-be...
10) DE Notes:
http://www.earthworkshealth.com/
http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html
http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use-tes...
http://www.internet-grocer.net/dehealth.htm

MISC NOTES
I quit taking the tub soaks, could not see worthwhile results. Quit on stinkin things like Neem Oil, Cedarcide. Dramatic results were seen within 1 month, keep it up for 2 more months to prevent reinfection. There you have it. Cured of Scabbies with minimal disruptions to my life many thanks to the Miracle of
Diatomaceous Earth. Grapeseed Oil is also a miracle product. I apply it to my feet every morning. It has cured my cracked, scaling, fugly feet and even cleared up my fugly toenails!

Best of luck to all,
My DE cure should work equally well for ALL forms of mites, bedbugs, etc.

Vann
Borax Boy

Seattle, WA

#39 Feb 3, 2010
Try taking a bath in Borax soap from QFC. It has worked for me. In fact I found it on a scabies website. It dries them out. They can not build up a resistence to it.

I suffered from scabies for 13 years and spent thousands on doctors and medicines that never worked.

Pour a 1/4 or a 1/3 of a box in the tub and then soak. Rinse off and repeat once or twice a day for about a week.

Just try it.

It worked for me.
Moderately Concerned

Fresno, CA

#40 May 3, 2010
Yes, this works, however be careful. I found that they moved onto my neck and behind my ears after I started borax baths.

What really worked for me is fully diluting borax into 2/3 water, 1/3 hydrogen peroxide solution and sponging it over every square centimeter of your body, every single night before bed, for 2 weeks.
WeallhaveitUGH

Shawnee, KS

#41 May 30, 2010
Is it ok to use the borax on my kids? They are 2,4,5&11. My 4 and 11 yr old have the itchies badly!
Itchy and Scratchy in MO

Hollister, MO

#42 Aug 2, 2010
zooks wrote:
This is really a question about laundry.
My daughters teachers have been complaning about the smell of her clothes. They know about the Scabies problem, and so now they probably think we are gross and grubby or something (we know thats just ignorance)
The problem is her clothes smell like borax. They keep bagging her sweaters and sending them home saying they smell funny. I feel embarassed and was wondering if anyone has a tip about how to put a more pleasant smell in the laundry
p.s. I use tide with bleach and the borax, plus previously I was putting BB in the wash and I think that permanantly put a smell into our clothes too. Plus I put lots of MSM and sulfur on her, and an anti fungle and tea tree oil, so all this combined is obviously creating a smell that they call "mildewy" (I put the clothes straight from the wash into the dryer its not mold)
Any ideas of a way to fix my poor little girls odd clothing smell?
thanks guys
Just use regular detergent. It's the hot water and dryer heat that kills the scabies.
MOM

Netherlands

#43 Aug 2, 2010
http://www.ehow.com/how_4557254_wash-clothes-...

Hang cloths also (moist) outside to oxygenate, and in the sun (UV ray's)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
invisable bug biting me all over my body. (Oct '15) 36 min Nallah 7
IMPORTANT: Ivermectin Dosage (Feb '08) 5 hr Martin 229
Baking Soda / Glass of Water a Day 10 hr Smitty 1
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 11 hr reallyroxanne 1,004
Has anyone used Benzoyl Peroxide Wash "Before" ... 15 hr smitty 4
Mix your own Sulfur cream! (Feb '10) 17 hr Willow wonder 94
Last night was rough (Oct '15) Wed Cfowler 7
More from around the web