ok, need a pristine opinion about pos...

ok, need a pristine opinion about post-scabies

Posted in the Scabies Forum

post_scabies

Istanbul, Turkey

#1 Apr 3, 2013
hey there
i have been diagnosed with scabies a month ago (misdiagnosed several times earlier on and i must have lived with it for the past 6 months) and since then underwent a serious treatment (applied permethrin twice 7 days apart and a couple of days later a sulfur-based lotion (with a mixture of coal tar) with 3 layers on 3 consecutive nights shower-free), a day later i noticed some mild pin pricks and tingly sensations on my skin (on most parts of my body), researched online and learnt that it might be the case of the skin getting severely allergic after being exposed to chemical substances or dead eggs left behind
but one thing that bugs me (pun:) is that one can experience several bumps in post-scabies period,right? the ones that easily fade but if you got new burrows then there might be a case of re-infestation
i dunno, i am confused, here is the pic of my left hand with 3 scratches that might pass as being burrows? but i am not sure http://i.imgur.com/7VOjMU6.jpg (tried to put a perm on it yesterday and kept all night long as i freaked out on possible active mites)
otherwise i am ok, less itchy skin, not so frequent at nights as it used to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turpentine (Oct '10) 6 hr Claris 32
100% true cure for scabies/ dont waste money a... (Jan '14) 11 hr Nurse 29
durvet ivermectin pour on for cattle CURE (Sep '11) 17 hr Songbird6352 336
Mites butting me 22 hr EP Endlessly Perp... 3
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) Wed NeemsPrayin 242
Equine Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Sep '10) Tue Connie 112
Happy Jack's Kennel Dip II (Sep '11) Apr 14 Always Think Twice 25