Rey

Calgary, Canada

#21 May 3, 2012
I have had bed bugs and Bed bug bites and scabies rashes are very different. However different people have different reactions because the reactions are allot allergic reactions. bed bug bites immediately look like a bite quite often allot like an insect sting. Scabies are more often bumps under the skin as they are not big enough to do visible bites. The bumps are eggs queens and fecal matter under the skin.

I hired an exterminator to get rid of the bed bugs and they are gone though not easy to get rid of.
I have not been able to get rid of scabies no matter my determination. I have only managed to make them spread.

To me, bed bug bites are allot worse.
The thing is you can use some very strong poisons against bed bugs where with scabies you would poison yourself.

Permethrin and some other scabies treatments do provide relief from bed bugs as they do not like these poisons and will avoid them. This can create confusion as scabies treatments clear up bed bug bites for a while. Making you think you are treating scabies. Especially if you have never seen a bed bug, they are excellent hiders.

After a while though, a bed bug infestation will become severe enough that you should be able to find bugs or evidence without much difficulty.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#22 May 3, 2012
Of course wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so YOU have Bed Bugs. This does NOT mean that most of the people on this forum have Bed Bugs. We would all have to be pretty stupid, if we couldn't figure THAT out. Bed Bugs are visible. Scabies are NOT. There IS a resistant mite out there that is completely microscopic, and that means you cannot see "sand" coming out of your skin. They present different on your skin, too. So, what are YOU going to use to clear your home of this Bed Bug. I heard they use a carbon dioxide spray to clear the environment of bed bugs; they spray it on suitcases, beds, furniture, around the room. What are you going to USE?
I have never said most people on here have them. I am pointing out that some people need to take a second look and make sure. Just trying to help a few.
Rey

Calgary, Canada

#23 May 4, 2012
All good, not pointing fingers, just contributing information.

It could help some people.

I understand how mistakes are made sometimes and also how people can get on one track and not consider other possibilities, myself included.

They are both problems
lifeupsidedown

Los Angeles, CA

#24 May 4, 2012
im convinced after watching the truthergirls youtubw video about morgellions, colloidal silver would cure scabies. she claims most store bought brands ddnt work and the ones that were working were to expensive for the small amount. what worked was her home made c silver. its been 2 months since itchyness and feeling mites on face and scalp. no bumps or burrows. these symptoms were reduced with the bleach, epsom salt and a&h baths. further reduced with sulfer soap. worried im asymptmatic or below the threshhold of visable sighns due to these remedies. tried perm but ddnt do a thing. if they are surface only mites then the baths should work. was symptm free till reinfested fom shirt thought was clean. diatomatiou earth also helpd reduce itchyness and crawling. same with windex with added a&h detergent cleaning car and office at work. sorry for bad spellng on shitty cell phn
ex-buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#25 May 4, 2012
sick-tired wrote:
soooo! many opinions, so many [cures?] so many of us still suffering. 7 months for me.just called dr. for refill of perm.that with horse paste makes life tollerable for a while until next hatch.
sick-tired:
I don't know what type of bug you have (i never had scabies i had birdmites and collembola most probably and I suffered for a year and a half - no itching- no visible tracks or skin marks-, quit my job, infested my workplace, car, two houses, moved/escaped, whole life turned upside down, no support or help from family...all of it) but I hope everyone on this forum is washing ALL their laundry FREQUENTLY - daily at first for sure - in hot hot hot water and POWDERED ARM AND HAMMER LAUNDRY DETERGENT any scent or unscented is okay (for the rest of your life). In my opinion, that laundry detergent kills the hard to kill eggs and stops the cycle of reproduction (bugs are nonstop masters of procreation). Before I used that detergent I had to dry my laundry in hot hot hot for TWO SOLID TIMED HOURS and bag and tie tight immediately in clean black garbage bags, so it was a big savings in laundromat quarters. I will use this laundry detergent for the rest of my life. a few people have bathed in a very small amount of it, i did once or twice. one lady bathed daily in it and bathed her pets (be careful it's strong).

The other lifesaver was horse paste apple flavored ivermectin (I took it for 25 days straight at night with milk or butter (fat) a dose and a half (may 2009). If i had to do it again, I would take it every 2 or 3 days instead of nightly. The next time I'm at a feedstore I'll buy this just to have on hand. If you buy it at a feedstore, DO NOT NOT NOT tell them it's for you PLEASE.

And another lifesaver (i used this daily all over my body in may 2009) was 10 percent sulfur cream acne cream from the spanish language product section at walmart and kmart and sometimes cvs stores, small yellow jar about $5. I also use the same brand of soap. I still buy this stuff and use it on my shoulders and around ears and occasionally ankles at night. good stuff, a lifelong preventative, and good to have around the house for the rest of your life. don't use it in your hair.

For hair (head and hair are the big culprit) i use any shampoo with dimethicone as a top ingredient. walmart brand head and shoulders type shampoos are good and cheap. i also use any clear slimy leave in hair shine product dimethicone is the ingredient. Citrishine is one brand don't buy the expensive stuff there are cheap brands in walmart and kmart for $4 it's the same stuff as the expensive brands, clear and slimy. if it's clear and shiny and not a spray it will work. get it around your ears and nape of neck. also, when hair is dry sprinkle in arm and hammer baking soda fluff some of it through hair morning after shampoo and blowdry and before bed. any critters who are walking around in your head will get stopped by the baking soda. anything to prevent them from moving and procreating will eventually lessen their numbers.

Good for cleaning floors and surfaces (computer areas etc) is borax and water. Windex is good for that too mopping and wiping down computer areas. I used to keep a lit candle next to the warm computer monitor screen to attract and zap floating collembola/buggies/mites not important what you call them). For a long time i slept with a candle on the floor ten feet away from my bed.

Plastic is your friend. My best purchase was a soft cushy tempurpedic twin mattress topper $99 from costo and covered with two plastic mattress covers from walmart $11 each - at least i had a soft comfy bed IMPORTANT because sleep is super important.

I also bought clear shower curtains from ross dress for less $5 each, and take them with me when i travel to put on top of the hotel bed.

Anyway, all this stuff is cheap. Nothing else works. Diatomatious earth is good now and then but bad for lungs VERY BAD. Bleach does not work at all.
RRRRRRR

Round Rock, TX

#26 May 4, 2012
Wow!!! I love the clear shower curtains idea! So amazing! I thought I could never travel anymore when I was done with this...

ex-Buggie... did the horse paste cure you?

Location hidden

#27 May 4, 2012
ex-buggie wrote:
<quoted text>sick-tired:
I don't know what type of bug you have (i never had scabies i had birdmites and collembola most probably and I suffered for a year and a half - no itching- no visible tracks or skin marks-, quit my job, infested my workplace, car, two houses, moved/escaped, whole life turned upside down, no support or help from family...all of it) but I hope everyone on this forum is washing ALL their laundry FREQUENTLY - daily at first for sure - in hot hot hot water and POWDERED ARM AND HAMMER LAUNDRY DETERGENT any scent or unscented is okay (for the rest of your life). In my opinion, that laundry detergent kills the hard to kill eggs and stops the cycle of reproduction (bugs are nonstop masters of procreation). Before I used that detergent I had to dry my laundry in hot hot hot for TWO SOLID TIMED HOURS and bag and tie tight immediately in clean black garbage bags, so it was a big savings in laundromat quarters. I will use this laundry detergent for the rest of my life. a few people have bathed in a very small amount of it, i did once or twice. one lady bathed daily in it and bathed her pets (be careful it's strong).

The other lifesaver was horse paste apple flavored ivermectin (I took it for 25 days straight at night with milk or butter (fat) a dose and a half (may 2009). If i had to do it again, I would take it every 2 or 3 days instead of nightly. The next time I'm at a feedstore I'll buy this just to have on hand. If you buy it at a feedstore, DO NOT NOT NOT tell them it's for you PLEASE.

And another lifesaver (i used this daily all over my body in may 2009) was 10 percent sulfur cream acne cream from the spanish language product section at walmart and kmart and sometimes cvs stores, small yellow jar about $5. I also use the same brand of soap. I still buy this stuff and use it on my shoulders and around ears and occasionally ankles at night. good stuff, a lifelong preventative, and good to have around the house for the rest of your life. don't use it in your hair.

For hair (head and hair are the big culprit) i use any shampoo with dimethicone as a top ingredient. walmart brand head and shoulders type shampoos are good and cheap. i also use any clear slimy leave in hair shine product dimethicone is the ingredient. Citrishine is one brand don't buy the expensive stuff there are cheap brands in walmart and kmart for $4 it's the same stuff as the expensive brands, clear and slimy. if it's clear and shiny and not a spray it will work. get it around your ears and nape of neck. also, when hair is dry sprinkle in arm and hammer baking soda fluff some of it through hair morning after shampoo and blowdry and before bed. any critters who are walking around in your head will get stopped by the baking soda. anything to prevent them from moving and procreating will eventually lessen their numbers.

Good for cleaning floors and surfaces (computer areas etc) is borax and water. Windex is good for that too mopping and wiping down computer areas. I used to keep a lit candle next to the warm computer monitor screen to attract and zap floating collembola/buggies/mites not important what you call them). For a long time i slept with a candle on the floor ten feet away from my bed.

Plastic is your friend. My best purchase was a soft cushy tempurpedic twin mattress topper $99 from costo and covered with two plastic mattress covers from walmart $11 each - at least i had a soft comfy bed IMPORTANT because sleep is super important.

I also bought clear shower curtains from ross dress for less $5 each, and take them with me when i travel to put on top of the hotel bed.

Anyway, all this stuff is cheap. Nothing else works. Diatomatious earth is good now and then but bad for lungs VERY BAD. Bleach does not work at all.
I could not have said it better myself.

Plastic, plastic, plastic!!!!

And I like perm 38% SRF indoor that I like to spay down the environment

Location hidden

#28 May 9, 2012
What are other people seeing for track marks? Mine were 2 to 5 inches long
KJV

Naperville, IL

#29 May 12, 2012
While Scabies can take weeks or even a month or two to kill off. In General they are relatively easy to kill off as oppose other bugs that need to tent off your house and fog poison in to it for a week straight.

Location hidden

#30 May 16, 2012
True
Scabie girl

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Jul 17, 2012
Omg I don't agree with that. This is the worst ever. I mean other desease you can at least die comfortable on a bed without really passing it to another person. This is horrible I have been months crying and crying. Realizing I am one of the few that cannot kill this bug easily. I would chance cancer for this in a minute.
CallingHighPower s

Auburn, NY

#32 Jul 17, 2012
Whatever this may be, its contagious and relentless. It's definitely spreading in my bloodstream and outer skin as it has taken a toll on my teeth and endlessly secretes from my eyes near glands by the bridge of my nose.

I never get them on my feet unless I take my socks off and rub my skin with my hands. Usually within day I will have a break out then.

Curable or not, I just want answers as to what it really is.

So many around me keep getting diagnosed with scabies, staph infections, bed bugs, hives & one even believes he just has chronic poison ivy...

All having same symptoms as I did. Some worse then I was and some that seem to have it not so bad.

Ivermectin was the first oral drug after many that had any effect.

Permethryin only seems to help so much.

Bactroban seems to only help healing. Almost useless on active spots but great on dormant areas.

Peroxide foams like mad.

Under black lights I look like a christmas tree.

Blood tests show excessive levels of Amylase, CBC WBC and CBC w/ diff Mono%. All doctors will tell me this means is my body is fighting 'something"
RRRRR

Austin, TX

#33 Jul 17, 2012
I think we should all be friends and call each other on the phone and just vent and start up a community where everyone understands one another. i'm pretty lonely u guys would be the only people who understand
Mite-not

Banning, CA

#34 Jul 17, 2012
Me too. I am going to start making my own colloidal silver, extra strength.

here is a video on youtube showing how to make it at home

&fe ature=plcp

I’m also going to try the Lice B gone. Many on this site said it worked for them. Even if it is a waste of time and money as Mr. MiteyWorrior77 will soo reply,... it really isnt for me, I will have been able to rule out LiceBgone and clearly focus on investigating other possibilities.

CallingHighPower s, My heart goes out to you! From what you describe, you are having a hard time. Look in to a root called pokeweed. You can buy it online for 12$ I will try it soon also. Try a google search “Poleweed". I

ts supposedly kills them in 10 minutes once you can get it soaking in your skin.
Mite-not

Banning, CA

#35 Jul 17, 2012
I meant to say, do a google search for “Pokeweed” not poleweed
Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#36 Jul 18, 2012
Scabies can be present above the neckline in cases of advanced scabies, people with bad immune systems or in some cases the treatment itself forces the scabies to move onto the face and scalp. In most cases though of scabies an infected person likely only has 5-8 mites on their body and is typically below the neck.

The Permethrin based treatments are also suggested to be used below the neck this is because they contain pesticides which are ultimately dangerous and can cause neurological problems if put on the face or scalp!

Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com
creeper

London, KY

#37 Jan 18, 2013
Hello i have had scabies for 7 months now and they are super scabies or some kind of super mite that is microscopic it has lived in my car for months without a host it barrows in to my skin just like scabies except nothing kills them iv ben on ivermectin permethrin pyrethrens sulfurs blea h baths and a whole bunch of things nothing fazes these little fkers and one weird thing about this when it first started i got this weird sore or sorse in the corner of my lips where the top and bottem lip meet if there is any one out there that has gone threw this or knows any thing about this please reply i honlestly think this is some gov srew up or some alean bug u can see the bug with the naked eye but it is really hard to see and they look like little black specks and i know its a bug cause iv chaced it in my skin and watched it borrow please help if people team together we can figure out a way to fight this
creeper

London, KY

#38 Jan 18, 2013
More info on this they seem to b mostly on my forarms were there hairs are and on my testical area and i have felt them prick rite threw any so called cure even combined so called cures but have noticed sparkly things on my scin and feel things under my skin sometimes it feels like they move up and down my legs deep under my skin touching the muscles kind of like muscle spasms what in the world could this b
You dont have scabies

Enderby, Canada

#39 Jan 18, 2013
creeper wrote:
More info on this they seem to b mostly on my forarms were there hairs are and on my testical area and i have felt them prick rite threw any so called cure even combined so called cures but have noticed sparkly things on my scin and feel things under my skin sometimes it feels like they move up and down my legs deep under my skin touching the muscles kind of like muscle spasms what in the world could this b
you can't feel scabies bites they are far too small.
REVOLUTION34

Lakeland, FL

#40 Jan 26, 2013
This super bug has devastated FAMILIES across the world. I first realized that my fiance had something in her skin one night when we were bathing...I thought she was crazy....she dug this "creature out of her flesh with a needle....that is when the horror began...It seems to me after the extensive research I have done about these "super scabies" that it is classified as "Morgelleons Disease"first stop....the official CDC website....I read through their "report"...."pa tient's were treated as if they were "imagining" these sores and "creature's with fiber's". Treatment: Anti psychotic medication...! Are you kidding me?!!!! Excuse my french, but that is a load of SHIT! They know EXACTLY what these are and from the research I have done over 120,000 FAMILIES (documented) have been affected! I have tried permethrin, tea tree oil, Epsom salt bath's...etc. Collectively, we all need to form an alliance....a REVOLUTION! THIS PLAGUE WILL BE STOPPED! I have NEVER encountered any type of disease, virus, parasite,etc...that is as tenacious, inhumane, EVIL....straight from HELL! In JESUS name....we will find a CURE!My email is:jacksonsbrew@yahoo.com..... I know first hand how HORRIBLE this is. I WILL do something about it!I know that this can destroy your mind, body, spirit...if anyone need's to contact me for support, research, or prayer, please do. My fiance is in the Hospital with five infectious disease doctor's scratching their heads...WE have the right to know what the CDC is hiding from us!I want to lead a research and outreach program to help find a cure....who is with me? GOD BLESS! NEVER GIVE IN! We will succeed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 7 min andrew2485 4,354
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 1 hr Bill 931
If you CANT get rid of scabies, please read! (Oct '13) 2 hr GONE BUG CRAZY 24
Norwegian crusted scabies 2 hr GONE BUG CRAZY 1
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 3 hr GONE BUG CRAZY 194
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 23 hr kimgoingcrazy 935
Does this look like Scabies? Sat all is well 8
More from around the web