First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 28, 2012
Some of you are treating the wrong bug.

Most of what I have read on here and followed was treating a skin reaction after the fact and making thing worse.

I just got back from the dermatologist and found out some important info

Fist off he stated and get this he knows what's he is talking about he have curd thousands of cases of scabies. He knows for sure what scabies look like I did not have scabies. He said while all insect bites look about the same you have understand the size of what is biting you. Scabies are very very small their track lines are also small 1/8 inch mostly. There is no way they could have cut those 3 inch tracks I have.

I never got bit on the genitals. Scabies always goes there. The getting bit in the eye is not real it a body reaction to the ivermectin same as the ears and scalp. He looked at all of it no scabies, skin rashes from he was not sure because I did not tell him I way taking bleach baths and borax bath etc but he knew more less that's what's it's from. Scabies just don't go above the neck line because of the different body temp.

Bit happening during the really are not happening when you feel them. They happened at night and to explain it the easy way your body just takes time to react to them because of the huge on slot and how long the battle has been going on. You body is getting screwed up!

Bottom line is the good news I don't have anything living on me.

The Bad news BED BUGS are far worse then scabies they are like a super bug. They can live 1 year with out feeding. They hide in deep dark niches where bug spray can't get them.

I went to New York to work one restoration after the hurricane this is most Likely how I got them.
RRRR

Round Rock, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2012
Oh man, ur such a genius. The same doctors who mis-diagnosed us numerous times, think they know more about scabies then we do?

I'm sure that the doctor sees thousands of cases of scabies... but not really sure he has CURED all of them.

Scabies are super bugs. Bed Bugs aren't as bad. You can actually see Bed Bugs which makes it easier to treat.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#3 Apr 28, 2012
RRRR wrote:
Oh man, ur such a genius. The same doctors who mis-diagnosed us numerous times, think they know more about scabies then we do?

I'm sure that the doctor sees thousands of cases of scabies... but not really sure he has CURED all of them.

Scabies are super bugs. Bed Bugs aren't as bad. You can actually see Bed Bugs which makes it easier to treat.
I know what you're think and I hate to come off as an expert because I am not. I just want to save people from chasing ghosts The man spent one and a half hours in the room with me and my wife. We ask why this then and why that? He explained everything all the skin reactions he looked at all the sand type things we saved that came out of our skin. He spent the time and showed us the photos and showed us a Scabie explained the size difference. He even explained that if we had stayed in a hotel room that say someone from New York had been in ( major out break of bed bugs in New You) that could have gotten them that way. He did not know that I went to New York for hurricane relief work for over 2 weeks.

He said two treatments of the ivermectin and permethrin cures scabies 99.5% of the time.

Plain and simple Scabies is not a super bug dies 2 days with out eating. Ivermectin by it self almost always works. Bed bugs can live a year with out eating crawls away in impossible to get at spots. No folks it not Scabies it's bed bugs. Stop chasing skin crawling ghost.

A few more facts that we don't want to believe. It's the ivermectin ( a nerve inhibitor) that's making you think you have them all over your head and eyes. The sand and jelly things are skin irritants from all the shit we have been doing to our skin. Self inflicted.

I'm no expert but I do believe this Doctor and all the Doctors that all of you have been seeing are correct. Its time to start hunting the real super bug BED BUGS.

Location hidden

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Lang: From reading your posts, I had a hunch you weren't battling scabies. You used to say something about lint rolling and seeing the mites. You can't "see" scabies mites without a microscope or really excellent, excellent vision--they're microscopic. The entire time I've been fighting with my skin issues, I've never seen a bed bug or any mite--and I know I don't have bed bugs. I also know that there is a HUGE bed bug epidemic in this country, in every major city. I read something recently that said that 95% of the hotel rooms in Chicago have bed bugs. Not sure if it's true or not, but I know they are very difficult to get rid of.

Diatomaceous earth is supposed to be the poor man's way of getting rid of bed bugs. My grandmother used to burn sulfur, but not sure exactly what her recipe was. Today, there are exterminators who will come out to the house and use a some sort of a white light on the areas. It's expensive, starting around $3,500.

My spouse has a friend that caught bed bugs from a hotel room in Las Vegas. I have a friend of a friend who is dealing with it, too. It's really bad right now. And the thing is, this problem was actually eradicated from this country back in the 50s or 60s, but just came back again in the mid-90s. I hope you get this thing taken care of.
Of course

Hollywood, FL

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're think and I hate to come off as an expert because I am not. I just want to save people from chasing ghosts The man spent one and a half hours in the room with me and my wife. We ask why this then and why that? He explained everything all the skin reactions he looked at all the sand type things we saved that came out of our skin. He spent the time and showed us the photos and showed us a Scabie explained the size difference. He even explained that if we had stayed in a hotel room that say someone from New York had been in ( major out break of bed bugs in New You) that could have gotten them that way. He did not know that I went to New York for hurricane relief work for over 2 weeks.
He said two treatments of the ivermectin and permethrin cures scabies 99.5% of the time.
Plain and simple Scabies is not a super bug dies 2 days with out eating. Ivermectin by it self almost always works. Bed bugs can live a year with out eating crawls away in impossible to get at spots. No folks it not Scabies it's bed bugs. Stop chasing skin crawling ghost.
A few more facts that we don't want to believe. It's the ivermectin ( a nerve inhibitor) that's making you think you have them all over your head and eyes. The sand and jelly things are skin irritants from all the shit we have been doing to our skin. Self inflicted.
I'm no expert but I do believe this Doctor and all the Doctors that all of you have been seeing are correct. Its time to start hunting the real super bug BED BUGS.
Okay, so YOU have Bed Bugs. This does NOT mean that most of the people on this forum have Bed Bugs. We would all have to be pretty stupid, if we couldn't figure THAT out. Bed Bugs are visible. Scabies are NOT. There IS a resistant mite out there that is completely microscopic, and that means you cannot see "sand" coming out of your skin. They present different on your skin, too. So, what are YOU going to use to clear your home of this Bed Bug. I heard they use a carbon dioxide spray to clear the environment of bed bugs; they spray it on suitcases, beds, furniture, around the room. What are you going to USE?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#6 Apr 28, 2012
manx88 wrote:
Lang: From reading your posts, I had a hunch you weren't battling scabies. You used to say something about lint rolling and seeing the mites. You can't "see" scabies mites without a microscope or really excellent, excellent vision--they're microscopic. The entire time I've been fighting with my skin issues, I've never seen a bed bug or any mite--and I know I don't have bed bugs. I also know that there is a HUGE bed bug epidemic in this country, in every major city. I read something recently that said that 95% of the hotel rooms in Chicago have bed bugs. Not sure if it's true or not, but I know they are very difficult to get rid of.

Diatomaceous earth is supposed to be the poor man's way of getting rid of bed bugs. My grandmother used to burn sulfur, but not sure exactly what her recipe was. Today, there are exterminators who will come out to the house and use a some sort of a white light on the areas. It's expensive, starting around $3,500.

My spouse has a friend that caught bed bugs from a hotel room in Las Vegas. I have a friend of a friend who is dealing with it, too. It's really bad right now. And the thing is, this problem was actually eradicated from this country back in the 50s or 60s, but just came back again in the mid-90s. I hope you get this thing taken care of.
Thank you.
Yes the little specks on the lint rollers are excretions from your skin because of the irritation for all the bug bites, borax, bleach, permethrin, sulfur, etc

Langoliers

Location hidden

#7 Apr 28, 2012
Of course wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so YOU have Bed Bugs. This does NOT mean that most of the people on this forum have Bed Bugs. We would all have to be pretty stupid, if we couldn't figure THAT out. Bed Bugs are visible. Scabies are NOT. There IS a resistant mite out there that is completely microscopic, and that means you cannot see "sand" coming out of your skin. They present different on your skin, too. So, what are YOU going to use to clear your home of this Bed Bug. I heard they use a carbon dioxide spray to clear the environment of bed bugs; they spray it on suitcases, beds, furniture, around the room. What are you going to USE?
I do not think everyone on here has bed bug. But and I am quoting Doctor that know there job pretty good ( my doctor along with at least 15 others that people on these threads have said that their doctors have said) most of the things people are complaining about above the neck line issues. This is smiple not scabies. The body temp change is not suited for scabies. Most likely skin reaction to all the other treatments.
Like I said the doctor spent an hour and a half with me and my wife ( this is unheard of) I grilled him about the eyes the scalp the ears and on and on. I can remember everything he said and I don't wish to type it all down but trust me this guy explained everything going on that fools you like I asked him why in the middle of the day do I feel a bit a see a fresh track mark. Skin delayed reaction is a common thing with damaged skin.

Just think about it...... What is more likely ?

1) some alien super Scabie

2) Bed bugs (known nation wide out break) followed with poor treatments that damage the skin so you think things are crawling all over you?

I'm going with the Bed bugs

It looks like maybe the heat treatment should be the one to use.
Of course

Hollywood, FL

#8 Apr 28, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think everyone on here has bed bug. But and I am quoting Doctor that know there job pretty good ( my doctor along with at least 15 others that people on these threads have said that their doctors have said) most of the things people are complaining about above the neck line issues. This is smiple not scabies. The body temp change is not suited for scabies. Most likely skin reaction to all the other treatments.
Like I said the doctor spent an hour and a half with me and my wife ( this is unheard of) I grilled him about the eyes the scalp the ears and on and on. I can remember everything he said and I don't wish to type it all down but trust me this guy explained everything going on that fools you like I asked him why in the middle of the day do I feel a bit a see a fresh track mark. Skin delayed reaction is a common thing with damaged skin.
Just think about it...... What is more likely ?
1) some alien super Scabie
2) Bed bugs (known nation wide out break) followed with poor treatments that damage the skin so you think things are crawling all over you?
I'm going with the Bed bugs
It looks like maybe the heat treatment should be the one to use.
L,
Have you seen the pictures of the Foxes which was posted not so long ago? Do you think these foxes have bed bugs?
Have a look....
http://www.foxproject.org.uk/fox-facts/sarcop...
Also, I don't know how old you are, but these mites affect people and animals that have a poor immunity, immunity issues, etc.
I see that their mites have absolutely no problem infesting any part of their body and that includes in and around their eyes. Do you know what type of mite it is? It is the SARCOPTIC MITE, but the kind they have are more suited for their breed of animal... These mites are becoming resistant, just as the bed bugs are around the world.
If you REALLY want to find out about mites, visit a VET DERM. They know how to treat.... They know what meds work for dogs and cats and even FOXES. Possibly YOU.....
Glad you got to spend time with a caring doctor.
How will you heat treat? How much will this cost? Can you afford this? From reading your other posts in other Topix Forums, you don't seem to have much money. You bang on about Mexicans, the Mexican border lines, the Russian KGB, and all sorts of weird comments you make. You just recently started posting here on this forum, and at first you were using dangerously high doses of internet meds you obtained.
You go with BED Bugs, but this is a scabies forum. Good luck in your quest.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Of course wrote:
<quoted text>L,
Have you seen the pictures of the Foxes which was posted not so long ago? Do you think these foxes have bed bugs?
Have a look....
Also, I don't know how old you are, but these mites affect people and animals that have a poor immunity, immunity issues, etc.
I see that their mites have absolutely no problem infesting any part of their body and that includes in and around their eyes. Do you know what type of mite it is? It is the SARCOPTIC MITE, but the kind they have are more suited for their breed of animal... These mites are becoming resistant, just as the bed bugs are around the world.
If you REALLY want to find out about mites, visit a VET DERM. They know how to treat.... They know what meds work for dogs and cats and even FOXES. Possibly YOU.....
How will you heat treat? How much will this cost? Can you afford this? From reading your other posts in other Topix Forums, you don't seem to have much money. You bang on about Mexicans, the Mexican border lines, the Russian KGB, and all sorts of weird comments you make. You just recently started posting here on this forum, and at first you were using dangerously high doses of internet meds you obtained.
Yes I do have fun with the Russian posting. I do tend to make fun of people who spew venom over the Mexican crop pickets sneaking across the boarded to make peanuts for very hard work and how they would kill them for their crimes
Not that they should but such hate. Kind of sad. As far as money no I'm not broke I'm no million error. But I have a very good high paying job.

Now as far as the Vet been there twice with the cat and talked to them about it they too said not mange (Scabies).

The Doctor did do many scappings and found nothing.

Like I said many doctors have told many people on here that they did not have scabies. In my time with the doctor I was able to get explanation for each and every sysmtem. By the time we left the clinic the place was shut down and the floors were being mopped. I'm not sure many people on here got the full explanation they needed.
I just thought some of these people on here might benifit from this in site.
I was fooled into thinking I had scabies and a strange variety at that one that broke all the rules that help diagnose scabies.

Turns out that most Likely Scabies don't break the rules and these people a suffering from over (shall we say) medication (I don't know if bleach and borax and Windex in the eyes really count as medication) but just maybe me taking the time to type my findings at the dermatologist could help someone.

And foxes do have mange, flees, and blow there winter coats this time of year but per the doctor the only thing you can get from a fox is flees.

Just trying to point out that some of you are chasing side effects of your medications and not real bugs.

" what ever is the simplest explanation is usually the correct one "

aardvark

Savannah, GA

#10 Apr 28, 2012
Hi Langoliers

Sounds like you found a GREAT doctor!

An hour + on the exam, thats outstanding !

? what did the DOCTOR suggest is best for itch relief, did you get a particular type of lotion perscribed?

(Im 90% sure im post scabies, no new bumps, etc etc and just trying to deal with the itch and dryness.)

What did the DR say?

Thanks

Langoliers

Location hidden

#11 Apr 28, 2012
aardvark wrote:
Hi Langoliers

Sounds like you found a GREAT doctor!

An hour + on the exam, thats outstanding !

? what did the DOCTOR suggest is best for itch relief, did you get a particular type of lotion perscribed?

(Im 90% sure im post scabies, no new bumps, etc etc and just trying to deal with the itch and dryness.)

What did the DR say?

Thanks
Yes he gave us Triamcinolone USP .1%
Cream and Hydroxyzine pills.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 29, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Yes the little specks on the lint rollers are excretions from your skin because of the irritation for all the bug bites, borax, bleach, permethrin, sulfur, etc
Right. They are actually grains, or as you say "sand". I think before you mentioned all this you thought that the Nair calcified the nympths and the became grains. Not sure where you got that info, but so, so wrong. I actually found an explanation for the grains in one of my books today. Here's an excerpt:

Your skin is constantly renewing itself. It actually has four layers. At the bottom is the basal, or growing layer, where basal cells divide to produce new cells. These new cells displace the older ones, pushing them upward through a clear cell layer and a GRANULAR LAYER, until they finally reach the outer, keratin layer. It takes about three to four weeks for the cells beginning at the basal layer to end up on the surface. As the cells mature, they produce GRANULAR MATERIAL that eventually causes the cells to consolidate into a thick, tough outer keratin layer ….

Helene Silver, The Body-Smart System (1996), page 142

So basically, if you're getting those grains, that means your basically burning the hell out of your skin and ripping up granular layer between the layers of your skin. They're basically keratin, something your body makes. Not mites, not eggs, not nymphs.
sick-tired

Saugus, MA

#13 Apr 30, 2012
soooo! many opinions, so many [cures?] so many of us still suffering. 7 months for me.just called dr. for refill of perm.that with horse paste makes life tollerable for a while until next hatch.
Who is the idiot

New York, NY

#14 May 2, 2012
Thay made the comment about bed bugs. Bed bugs are so obvious my God. Now scabies are a completely different story. That bs of skin layers and sand. Please I have never felt that in my life, meaning I have never experiences "sand" coming off my skin just because. When I first got this I started inmediately with iver and perm.(And that was before trying the baths etcro get rid of the rest of the nymphs I was feeling crawling on me) and it was so creepy when all these "sands" start falling off my skin. It was horrible. And all that was before destroying my skin with baths. Now that I am doing the baths I am not having that experience again. Something that I did worked or still working. So that doctor that spent 2 hours with you knows nothing. I myself didn't experienced burrowing just bites and itching and I had them. I had a microscope I could seethe it legs etcs and they were on my face and my head too. My immune system sucks bc I am very stressed with work and traveling around. I got this In a plane seat or a hotel whatever it is I am trying to find ways to avoid this. By taking vitamins neem garlic and preparing my self a lotion with neem that I will use forever from now on and also a weekly Epsom salt bath to kill them before they spread again on me. That will be for life forever. God bless.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#17 May 3, 2012
Who is the idiot wrote:
Thay made the comment about bed bugs. Bed bugs are so obvious my God. Now scabies are a completely different story. That bs of skin layers and sand. Please I have never felt that in my life, meaning I have never experiences "sand" coming off my skin just because. When I first got this I started inmediately with iver and perm.(And that was before trying the baths etcro get rid of the rest of the nymphs I was feeling crawling on me) and it was so creepy when all these "sands" start falling off my skin. It was horrible. And all that was before destroying my skin with baths. Now that I am doing the baths I am not having that experience again. Something that I did worked or still working. So that doctor that spent 2 hours with you knows nothing. I myself didn't experienced burrowing just bites and itching and I had them. I had a microscope I could seethe it legs etcs and they were on my face and my head too. My immune system sucks bc I am very stressed with work and traveling around. I got this In a plane seat or a hotel whatever it is I am trying to find ways to avoid this. By taking vitamins neem garlic and preparing my self a lotion with neem that I will use forever from now on and also a weekly Epsom salt bath to kill them before they spread again on me. That will be for life forever. God bless.
Bed bugs are not obvious. Had them for 6 to 7 months I went though everything never saw a bug "still never seen one" all in all me and my friends has seen 9 Doctors. Bed bug are not easy to prove.
As the Doctor said an insect bit is an insect bit pretty had to tell them apart.
The last Doctor who called it bed bugs pointed out that the power of the bite "2 inch long track marks" prove it's too big of a bite to be scabies.
We did all the bleach and borax and hydrogen peroxide and perm and horse paste and Nair and salt baths, plastic over everything and yes lindane & sulfur soap tea oil tree oil clove oil black lights to look for them perm SRF 38%.
We are now into it over $5000. Beg bug heat treatment would have only been $3500. Now we have to do that too.

Not easy to figure out the correct bug.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#18 May 3, 2012
Of course wrote:
<quoted text>L,
Have a look....
I'm older then you most likely. I know this is a Scabie board I have been on it for months. I posted this after months of infestation and 9 Doctors. I did everything posted on this boards at times went two weeks between bites so after all I have learned and all the doctors I and my friends have seen we thought the possibility that others out there might have made the same mistake we all did. Just sharing info.

As the doctor said to me your going to wish it was scabies you have because bed bug are far more trouble then scabies. Bed bugs can live a year with out feed on a host. Scabies 2 days. Bed bug bites can be 5 inches long in one night. Scabies 1/8 of an inch. Bed bug bite any where. Scabies don't go above the neck line because of the body temp change. Scabie infest between the fingers and on the male genitals.
He also stated two treatment or maybe three at most of Stromectol kills scabies period end of story.

So if you have read as many posting on here as me you might understand my concern for other peoples health.

I'm not really sure why the sarcasm and spew of venom. I'm merrily pointing out don't over look the most explosive bug infestation happing today "Bed bugs"
Todays super bug!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#20 May 3, 2012
Scabies would form "s-shaped" tracks on the skin and they are often surrounded by little, mosquito-type bites which may look as if pimples and are called nodules. As soon as the mites are burrowed within the human host, they start reproducing and the body starts producing allergic reactions to their eggs as well as the faecal matter. The mites reproduce at night and hence the itching sensation would worsen at nights. On the other hand, the rash could be found all over the body. All those Citizen who have never been infested with scabies before would often see the symptoms of the condition after four to six weeks. However, in case of a re-infestation the symptoms would start appearing one to four days. With the coming of the curative world, there are a whole of anti-biotic as well as natural medications ready for the treatment of scabies.
Rey

Canada

#21 May 3, 2012
I have had bed bugs and Bed bug bites and scabies rashes are very different. However different people have different reactions because the reactions are allot allergic reactions. bed bug bites immediately look like a bite quite often allot like an insect sting. Scabies are more often bumps under the skin as they are not big enough to do visible bites. The bumps are eggs queens and fecal matter under the skin.

I hired an exterminator to get rid of the bed bugs and they are gone though not easy to get rid of.
I have not been able to get rid of scabies no matter my determination. I have only managed to make them spread.

To me, bed bug bites are allot worse.
The thing is you can use some very strong poisons against bed bugs where with scabies you would poison yourself.

Permethrin and some other scabies treatments do provide relief from bed bugs as they do not like these poisons and will avoid them. This can create confusion as scabies treatments clear up bed bug bites for a while. Making you think you are treating scabies. Especially if you have never seen a bed bug, they are excellent hiders.

After a while though, a bed bug infestation will become severe enough that you should be able to find bugs or evidence without much difficulty.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#22 May 3, 2012
Of course wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so YOU have Bed Bugs. This does NOT mean that most of the people on this forum have Bed Bugs. We would all have to be pretty stupid, if we couldn't figure THAT out. Bed Bugs are visible. Scabies are NOT. There IS a resistant mite out there that is completely microscopic, and that means you cannot see "sand" coming out of your skin. They present different on your skin, too. So, what are YOU going to use to clear your home of this Bed Bug. I heard they use a carbon dioxide spray to clear the environment of bed bugs; they spray it on suitcases, beds, furniture, around the room. What are you going to USE?
I have never said most people on here have them. I am pointing out that some people need to take a second look and make sure. Just trying to help a few.
Rey

Canada

#23 May 4, 2012
All good, not pointing fingers, just contributing information.

It could help some people.

I understand how mistakes are made sometimes and also how people can get on one track and not consider other possibilities, myself included.

They are both problems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
demodex mites and how to cure them on eyelids (Feb '10) 2 hr Sickofit 331
How I got rid of scabies 7 hr Ujf 1
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 8 hr Robertdaman 217
advantix ii blue concerns (Mar '12) 9 hr Mites suck 5
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 10 hr journey2noScabies 4,771
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 10 hr journey2noScabies 1,014
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 11 hr Luna00 906
More from around the web