almostthere

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

do not try clove oil first on children. i would never try it on my 20 month old. but i guess for a 12 year plus. you can mix with coconut oil. 20% 80%.
it is strong!!!!
almostthere

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

oh and yes Benadryl!!!! helps for my son not to scratch. and i believe also puts them drowsy and weak to fight back. this helps A LOT. I stopped using it after i saw no bites on him. but then he got it again on his hands and scratched the post scabies areas and reinfected himself, so i continue to give him benadryl, but not too much, less than recommended. and only a bit more at night. with socks on his hands. until i wont see any bites i think ill stop. too paranoid to get them back.

i was pescribed teva-hydroxyzine. very strong. for me that is. helped as well for the first month. do not use it anymore. not itchy anymore. only on my head. and nostrils. yes, the go there. i suggest to put on vaseline in those areas when doing any treatment. as i mentioned above, dealing with my head now.

benadryl should work just fine for anyone, works to get them week and drowsy. and less itchy. but do not think that you are cure. it will confuse you. make sure you're not RE-INFECTED from your environment. and yes they will bite back with Permethrin on, if you have it on your clothes!
this was my mistake. boil clothing.
i used peroxide, dried 2 hours, bleach , ammonia. you name it, they dont die as easily as boiling them to death.

kill them in your environment FIRST!
VSS

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

ITZee wrote:
Update: went back to the Dr yesterday. She said she didn't think we have scabies anymore,,, that it is just the residual itchy reaction, that it can last several months, blah blah blah. I should her a new burrow that had come about on my thumb and she had no explanation for this. She said i should get our chihuahua treated. So that's next on the list HOWEVER! she said if it didn't go away in a month THEY HAVE A BRAND NEW PRODUCT CALLED "SKLICE",,, but most insurance won't cover it without sufficient evidence that the Permetherin has failed. Will keep updated!
SKLice is treatment for headlice. It is not strong enough to treat scabies. The percentage of ivermectin in it is not sufficient to treat scabies. Ivermectin/Stromectol in dosages enough for your weight is the treatment for scabies. Yes, SKLice is a new treatment for head lice, because the one percent permethrin was becoming not strong enough for the lice today.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

almostthere wrote:
oh and yes Benadryl!!!! helps for my son not to scratch. and i believe also puts them drowsy and weak to fight back. this helps A LOT. I stopped using it after i saw no bites on him. but then he got it again on his hands and scratched the post scabies areas and reinfected himself, so i continue to give him benadryl, but not too much, less than recommended. and only a bit more at night. with socks on his hands. until i wont see any bites i think ill stop. too paranoid to get them back.
i was pescribed teva-hydroxyzine. very strong. for me that is. helped as well for the first month. do not use it anymore. not itchy anymore. only on my head. and nostrils. yes, the go there. i suggest to put on vaseline in those areas when doing any treatment. as i mentioned above, dealing with my head now.
benadryl should work just fine for anyone, works to get them week and drowsy. and less itchy. but do not think that you are cure. it will confuse you. make sure you're not RE-INFECTED from your environment. and yes they will bite back with Permethrin on, if you have it on your clothes!
i used peroxide, dried 2 hours, bleach , ammonia. you name it, they dont die as easily as boiling them to death.
Benadryl is not a scabicide. It is used only for itching. And it will make you drowsy. It does nothing to the mites, however.

It does help you get some much needed sleep.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

almostthere wrote:
As long as you wash the clothes on hot hot water, there is no need for the labor intensive time consuming boiling of clothes. What helps kill the mites in the laundry is using either 20 Mule Team Borax or the Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent. Try to rinse in very warm water, too. You do not need to dry your clothes for 2 hours straight. That is like throwing money away.

Since: Mar 13

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Ammonia! Cheaper than borax, works much better on killing them.
I used to add approx. a cup to my laundry. I believe it even kills when the water isn't hot enough
rmr123

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

I have been reading all the stories on this forum about scabies. There is a lot interesting information, that could be useful to us folks about our encounters with the mites or scabies. I know one thing I would not wish this on the devil.
I have been fighting my battle for over 10 months now. Still fighting they are not easy to get rid of. I have found out the most doctors do not know what they are talking about when it comes to the mites. I went to the doctors when I first contacted them. I used very expensive lotions and other things that they thought would get rid of them. After $2500 in the progress of so call get rid of them didn't work. By that time they had gotten under my skin when that happens you are really in trouble. I have shaved my head 3 times.
But they still live in my head and feet. I hate to wear shoes. I wear a cap all the time in hoping and praying I dont give someone else the mites. I wash all the time. I dont go around my family much. I'm in fear they may get what I have. I pray everyday the The Dear Lord will free me of what's going on in my life, and believe me they will take over your life. I'm still spend alot of money on treatments. Hoping and praying one day soon I will be free. May God Bless All That reads this.
almostthere

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

At VSS. Everyone has a different experience...you think i havent done what you suggested.??? I did rely on baking soda, borax etc. you name it. my house, car, environemnt was sanitized like crazy, so where else could they keep coming back from? we are able to kill them off our body and we continued to get bites, especially with thick clothing. well, now i recently discovered they go to your head too. I'm just trying to help those who have had it for more than a month. that yes take that extra step, extra labor if you can,(which will last for a shorter period of time) and not go through what I'm going through, I relied that the washing with those chemicals will kill them. this is why after my first month, I decided to dry for 2 hours. even that didn't help. nad yes you're right about that. If you can bag items for about a week (air tight) you'll be fine too. i only boil my 20 month old, clothing and I'm thinking of the bed sheets. my spouse and I clothing, bagged. I'm just trying to help and advice people that these things have evolved, i have gone through all the advice on the internet. maybe you had an easier experience, but i did not and want to help the next.

I will definitely use ammonia thanks for the advice @ desperate scabiesfighter.
I've used it once in the laundry but didnt really pay attention if that was a good load. I use it to clean my house.

Richmond Hill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

My cleaning routine was crazy. I used to be one of these irritating people who keep their homes shiny 24/7, so when I claimed I started deep cleaning everything to a friend he was like 'say what, wasn't everything sterilized there yet?'
I weared anything only once, regardless what was that. Underwear, tees, and such things are obvious, but I also considered coats, scarfs, shoes, gloves, jackets, absolutely everything that touched me. If non-washable, in freezer for two days.
I didn't wash my bedding daily thought, I'd have had to spend all my day laundering since I have a queen size. I just ironed it on the highest heat setting with steam, pillows including (just by placing iron on it and pushing the 'steam release' button they got extremely hot inside). My comforter was packed airtight for two weeks.
Vinyl, awkward mattress cover. I also covered the zipper in it with scotch tape, just to be sure. My mattres, before being enclosed, was generously rubbed with diatomaceous earth.
I kept a few things in a separate closet, the main one was sealed for two weeks with the rest of clothes inside. Sprayed very lavishly with alcohol/water/peppermint oil before.
I washed everything normally, some things even in cold water, but every load had at least a cup of ammonia. Nevertheless every piece was throughoutly steam ironed on both sides, even towels. I handled clean dry laundry with vinyl gloves, rubbing some ammonia solution after every piece done.
I didn't like the borax idea since the only manufacturer in the US is henkel (yes, it owns 20 mule team) and they test on animals. My life is absolutely cruelty-free. I bought some from other distributor on amazon but the price was too high comparing to expected effectiveness. And Austin's Ammonia is pretty cheap (gallon for a dollar in a dollar store) and a very potent mite killer.
Since I found it out, I thrown away both alco/peppermint and bleach/water sprays. Mixed cheap glass cleaner with ammonia (2:1, but do it only if the gc does not contain bleach).
After every usage of the bathroom I sprayed everything touched with that mix and closed the door. Pretty simple, does not take too much time if you keep a bottle handy on your sink.
I was really, really psychotic, so I was transfering dishes from dishwasher to cabinets wearing vinyl gloves, then packing the unit with dirty ones, closing, starting and sterilizing every handle and button with my spray mix. Every handle on any cabinet was rubbed with the mix at least twice a day. Floors vacuumed daily, followed with steam mop.
After I did my first Iver I noticed there is something different going on, but I was still pretty convinced I had them. THANK GOD I stopped using ANY topical treatment while taking iver.
First of all, it kept the sebum as I explained a few posts above, second - I'd never really realise when I was cured. At first I was itching like crazy. Even worse than while being untreated. And a few new bumps appeared.
I still itch from a time to time, but I am completely sure I'm free of this sh*t. Maybe I overreacted a little with the cleaning and stuff, but at least I knew for sure there was NO way for them to survive.

Richmond Hill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

And yes, benadryl is an antihistamine only, and may help relieve the symptoms. I wouldn't use it myself. I just woundn't monitor what is happening to my body. And it may be sorta scary to use antihistamines while treating, then the benadryl or whatever stops working and you have new bumps/itching etc. You may get misled.
Jmc

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

DesperateScabieFighter wrote:
And yes, benadryl is an antihistamine only, and may help relieve the symptoms. I wouldn't use it myself. I just woundn't monitor what is happening to my body. And it may be sorta scary to use antihistamines while treating, then the benadryl or whatever stops working and you have new bumps/itching etc. You may get misled.
Hi How long does it take for you skin to get back to normal. I have not itched for app 12mths but my skin is still very scaly and brown pigment looking stuff. around my thumb nails thick dead skin peels off I still have breakouts a specific area is clear one minute then a slight itch then I scratch it and breakout again. I dry shave my arms and legs and the dead skin that comes off how long does this go on.any help and info would be good

cheers
Kayy

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Cayenne pepper! What you want to do is wet your body take the pepper and sprinkle some in your hand lather yourself down only the infected areas if possible don't use to much because you don't want to burn yourself leave it on for about 5 minutes IT WILL STING A BIT but trust me completely worth it after 5 minutes take a cold shower if its hot or warm it will make it sting more after you get out of the shower you will not for a while but its well worth it. works like a charm and all natural no chance of killing yourself hah then of course you want to make sure you clean your floors bed and clothes so they cannot re-infest in hot hot water and dry on the hottest setting I dried everything twice.
Vicar of Dibley

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I recently realised that I have scabies and probably have had them for about 5 or 6 months. I have read up everything I can and am exhausted with all the washing/cleaning. I have tried tea tree oil, orange oil , permethrin (and am sick of the smirks I get when I ask for it at a pharmacy). The only place I can think of when I must have got it was on a spa break where I got on to the massage table for a facial and back massage which used the same covers for everyone and someone else had just had the same treatment. The girl who did the facial/massage also commented on the bit of a rash she had on her hands and did me a manicure as well - so it could be either of those or both. I think an hours of that counts as skin to skin contact so I do resent the implication from the smirkers that I must have got them some other way. I cover me and my husband with permethrin and actually left mine on for 24 hours but still am getting bites. My husband made me go to the doctors because I was close to tears with it all but all she said was that I had a bad case of dermatitis. What am I supposed to do? Thanks for reading this anyway - but if anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.
Marisa

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

I tried aloe vera ... The gel of the plant not the one in the bottle. Apply to affected area and leave ...after a few minutes rub area in circles and you will find it sort of melts the bumps and turns it into some sort of powdery stuff and just melts away. Wash off and reapply the aloe gel until there are no more bumps.... Do try this. I have and it worked.
ITZee wrote:
<quoted text>
Its my first time here. I'm only looking for answers. But in the interest of science, honesty, & helping each other out, it caused a very bad, itchy, burning rash on me, my 3 yr old & newborn. However not each time. We have treated 5 or 6 times,,& we rashed 2-3 of those times, interchangeably. New appt on Monday, i'll update.
Suffering Bad

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

2405philly guy wrote:
Listen people. For me epsom salt is the answer. It works well!! I will soak in it every chance I get to make sure the hooooooorible bugs don't get in me and eat me up. The sulfur in the epsom salt kills them I believe. Please try soakin in a hot bath with the salt every night or atleast 2 nights straight. It will work out hopefully everyone. I've cried over the thoughts and pains of scabies and hopefully I am finally fiinding the light. I'm not religious but I found myself praying to god being as though that seemed like the only hope left. Love u all.
Please tell me how much epsom salt to a gallon of water should be used to kill scabies?
Suffering Bad

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Please tell me how much epsom salt to a gallon of water should be used to kill scabies?
Scratchy

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Stephanie wrote:
Will Epsom salt baths actually kill the scabies.... My doctor said it would work but he is a little messed up if you know what I mean.... Please help me
Nope tried it, still scratchy. I also tried a mixture of vinigure, spearmint extract (to relieve the burning) and cinnamon leaf extract to give it a less nasty smell. this works of flees and lice, but not scabies sadly . I'm going to try the tabacco thing and see if it works the post the results.
Fungal

Worthing, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

A fungal infection is a common aftermath of using scabies treatment as a result of maybe open wounds from the bites you received from the scabies mites. And is easily cured using fungal treatment from the doctor. I had this after treating scabies and the visual look is slightly different after a little while of not treating the area. the infected area's will become very inflamed and sore, and also risen if irritated by external clothing, catching the area of skin on something. it tends to build up in a particular place. I.e the finger where i had it. or multiple places, Arm pit and other crevices. But not just crevices. others have had this on the knuckle of their finger. I hope this helps anyone And please re-frain from using home made ointments/Topical creams go to the doctor and you will get the correct cream you need. Be careful it is mis-diagnosed after scabies often. But also it may just be a re-infestation of scabies
Lou

Leander, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

I was told that I have scabies, but confused, because I thought it was contagious but I'm the only one in the family who has for 3yearsthe now can someone help
Amy

Ferris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Epsom salt helps the bugs come out, still alive. Soak in it, watch them line the bath tub water line, then slowly get up so they don't reattach to you. wipe them off the sides of the tub and get back in, see if you can soak some more out. I did this last night and that's what happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of375
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

199 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
injectable ivermectim 24 min wantmylifeback 30
Albendazole (Valbazen) Curing Me (Oct '13) 35 min wantmylifeback 718
do you HAVE to go to work (school) with scabies... (Feb '09) 57 min fellow sufferer 5
i cured scabies!! permethrin does not work!! (Aug '11) 2 hr Brenda 89
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 3 hr Worried mum 4,009
Update! Haven't had Scabies symptoms for 3 or 4... 4 hr Ihateuscabies 1
Precisely how Jordans Athletic shoes Identified... 11 hr LPrr 2
•••
•••
•••
•••