Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#159 Mar 4, 2013
femaleuk wrote:
Need Peace. Im fine!!!! Zero spots, zero rash. Zero itching. Zero treating (for 2 weeks now). After 15 months or so me & my mum are fine.
Since my skin is sensitive, when Im hot my inner elbows and thighs get itchy. Thats it. Still going with the Homeopathy, and it's reducing this heat/itchy symptoms too.
Cant believe this is over!!!!
That's great news!! Ahh what a blessing for this to be over! Soo happy for you :-) I hope you never get this again!! Congrats! How's post scabies?
Shon

Covington, GA

#160 Mar 4, 2013
Want to get rid of Scabies? Use Permethrin Cream 5% prescribed by a doctor. Rub the cream all over your body and let it sit overnight. Then wash off in the morning. Follow up with a second treatment two weeks later. But I would do a third just in case. In the meantime you need to clean your living environment. Wash everything in hot water frequently and never wear the same thing twice without washing. Vacuum your carpets/rugs. Whip down everything. Trash bag everything that can't be washed until you're Scabies free. Lice and Scabies are two different things but if you go to the store you can find a Lice/Mite killer spray. Use that on your furniture and car interior. I used it on my leather jacket that can't be washed. Scabies is contagious so you NEED to let every one you've come in contact with know you have it (family, friends, schoolmates, co-workers) and tell them to get treated as a precaution. Many people will get Scabies instantly from someone who is infected but not show symptoms until weeks later. This won't make you be Scabies free in a day, it will take about two to three weeks minimum, but it will work. Scabies are mites that burrow in the skin and lay eggs. You want to kill the Scabies and their eggs and it takes time.
Shon

Covington, GA

#161 Mar 4, 2013
Oh yeah, if you are using Permethrin Cream 5% you NEED TO PUT IT ON YOUR ENTIRE BODY FOR IT TO WORK! Not just on the area you THINK has Scabies. The mite could be anywhere on your body. The bumps and the itching are symptoms not just the only area the Scabies are located. Do at least two treatments. Put the cream on your body at night and let it soak in while you sleep, then wash off in the morning.

Since: Feb 13

Barking, UK

#162 Mar 4, 2013
and hair & scalp.

Post scabies was awful at first, still thought I had it. Then immune system got stronger and clearly the rest of them either died or continued to diminish without treatment right at the end. Its hard to say exactly when it went as I had a MAJOR rash about a month ago in isolated areas over my body lasting 2 weeks, and not sure if i had the odd bite during that time too.
If it wasnt for clove and neem i honestly dont know how i could have everbeaten this shit.

What a nightmare, but this is over. I finally feel I use the word OVER! Not ready to jinx it with the c word yet (cured).

How about you Need Peace?
jiggis

Pittsburgh, PA

#163 Mar 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Wheres the Beef then?

Barking, UK

#164 Mar 7, 2013
dont watch that.
Girl

United States

#165 Mar 13, 2013
2405philly guy wrote:
Listen people. For me epsom salt is the answer. It works well!! I will soak in it every chance I get to make sure the hooooooorible bugs don't get in me and eat me up. The sulfur in the epsom salt kills them I believe. Please try soakin in a hot bath with the salt every night or atleast 2 nights straight. It will work out hopefully everyone. I've cried over the thoughts and pains of scabies and hopefully I am finally fiinding the light. I'm not religious but I found myself praying to god being as though that seemed like the only hope left. Love u all.
Omg. Ima try this! I have been going craaaaazy with this!!! Its so horrible. I've had it.over a year
Hailey

Rossville, GA

#166 Mar 15, 2013
I'm in high school and recently my brother brought scabies into the house. He caught it from being in nasty houses. My mom, dad, & I are VERY clean people & our house is always clean. We took my brother to the doctor and they told him it was scabies, they gave him a prescription for 5% permethrin... It's about 60-70$ a tube and each tube is not big at all. My brother used mainly the whole tube and didn't leave any for us. I've used it two days in a row and I'm completely miserable. The cream makes my skin itch worse. It looks like a have a bad rash with big clear bumps. I have it all over my thighs, butt, hands, and starting to get it on my stomach. I haven't been able to sleep at all because the itching is literally unbareable. We can not afford to pay 70$ a tube. I have no idea what to do. I'm currently laying out of school because I'm sleep deprived and don't want to spread it any. I don't know what to do. Also, I take hot showers and then towel dry. I am washing all clothes, bed sheets/spreads, & towels in hot water today. I'm not a fan of going to the doctor, but if I can't find anything to help.. Ill have to. So please, if anybody has any inexpensive remedies/treatments PLEASE let me know. I've got it bad around my thighs& butt and I am so tired of constantly itching. Please, somebody help.
Middian

Savannah, GA

#167 Mar 15, 2013
Hailey wrote:
...So please, if anybody has any inexpensive remedies/treatments PLEASE let me know. I've got it bad around my thighs& butt and I am so tired of constantly itching. Please, somebody help.
Hailey, the mites were probably killed, but new ones will hatch for about 5-7 days. You can't do anything about it in this time, except try to dry out the new ones over the course of the next week. I recommend a couple bleach baths.

Add about 3cups of regular bleach to a bath of hot water. Soak and scrub your skin until you are pink from head to toe. Soak another 5-10 min. You should come out feeling like you swam all day in a public pool. This will kill the surface mites. Afterword, your skin will really dry out...and so will the bugs (so don't use moisturizer). Try not to bathe for 48hrs after a treatment. Wash all (used) clothes and bedding every day. Add just a touch of bleach even to colored loads (fill w/ water, add bleach&detergent, close lid to stir, then add clothes).

After a bleach/permethrin treatment on the 6th or 7th day, be confident that they are dead. Your skin will try to convince you otherwise, as few red-dots continue to show up here and there. This is dead bugs and toxins rising to the top. It will go away. From first treatment, you are not likely to feel right for about 2 weeks minimum.

BTW, I'm 3 weeks free of them. Good luck and check out some of my earlier posts. They get a bit extreme, but also carry good info.
Middian

Savannah, GA

#168 Mar 15, 2013
Hailey wrote:
...I take hot showers and then towel dry.
Aside from bleach baths, try to avoid hot-water or heat in general. Super hot water feels really good, but further-damages your skin and aggravates the mites. All-in-all, it's not the best approach to overall comfort. Try cool showers that work their way colder as you go. This will slow the bugs and cancel-out the residual itch, sparing your skin a bit.-It's also surprisingly refreshing and becomes addictive. You may start to prefer it (especially when summer comes).

Again, good luck.
Free at last

Los Angeles, CA

#169 Mar 16, 2013
I got cured from scabbies. It's been months now that I have not found any bites or bumpy trails of the eggs under my skin. It took a while for me to get rid of them. I tried Clorox baths, alcohol, anti itching creams & powder, citrus oils.. Etc it goes on and on. Well let me tell you that the permethrin Does work with the help of Sulfur and Tea Tree oil. Every day I showered with sulfur soap you can find it at Target, riteaide, Walmart, cvs, and any Hispanic stores. For me as a Latina it was easy to get. So shower everyday twice a day with the sulfur soap. After my shower I would dry myself off and rub myself down with tea tree oil. But I didn't use the tea tree oil alone. I bought plain lotion with no scent for example like the Vaseline brand and the store brand for target which is Up & Up well I already had a small lubiderm bottle it was about 6oz so I would mix my plain lotion with tea tree oil. I wouldn't really measure the tea tree oil I would just add to where I felt it was enough for my 6oz of lotion. So I would rub that from the neck down after each shower. I even added tea tree oil to my shampoo and conditioner. The tea tree oil has a string smell but after using it so much you get use to the smell. Plus read it was good for acne as well as the sulfur soap. Well I did that for about a month twice a day sometimes. And on the bumpy areas I would dab a bit of tea tree oil by itself. After I went to the doctor and for permethrin. I put it on from the neck down covering all areas. I used permethrin three times a week apart each so that was three weeks and that's it I was done with scabbies. I did wash all my sheets and clothes everyday with hot water and extended hot dry.(Be careful woth your dirty clothes cause you can get in fected) Change your sheets everyday and you can put your pillows in bags or throw them in then dryer. Do not use anything twice. Try to always vacuum your carpet. Ohhh I also sprayed my mattress, couches and car seats and seat belts with a spray I bought at rite aide. I don't remember the name of the spray but if you do decide to buy the spray look at the labels in the back and make sure it has permethrin. The spray I bought had 1% permethrin. Well good luck to all of you guys I hope this works for you as it did for me :) oh by the way I also bought the tea tree oil from the same stores I mentioned.:)

Torrance, CA

#170 Mar 18, 2013
i'm cured still. ah the relief!!!
DesperateScabieF ighter

Ozone Park, NY

#171 Mar 18, 2013
Natural remedies aren't going to work for people really infested that's my opinion. Clove oil is proven by some Australian scientists to be toxic and effective but so far only in vitro. So you's probably have to rub it undiluted which I can't even imagine. I used it in a very low concentration (.5 oz in 5 oz apricot kernel oil) and it made me feel quite hot, didn't help at all. And I'm never going to forget the pain 1 oz of peppermint and 1 oz of clove in 5 oz of cocoa butter lotion caused me. Half-hour of feeling like being burned with gasoline.
Bleach bath is I believe a horrible idea since I know what bleach used to do with my hands when I was handwashing or stuff long before scabies, so I'd never use it in a bath.
Nevertheless all the 'natural' things I used made my skin dry as hell, I still see some flakes even thought I used a lotion two times daily for the last few days.
I did many epsom salt baths, they seem to bring some relief, but I don't know how it works for killing these mites.
So far Iver in horsepaste was the most effective thing I ever used. Maybe the other remedies kept them at bay or helped at some point but if I were thinking clearly and took iver at first I believe I wouldn't have to spend all these hundreds on various oils, pills and stuff, because I'd already be after it.
Personally I believe not to mix iver with any topical that seem to dry the skin and is not absolutely proven by medicine to be effective in killing scabies. Iver kills by reaching them in sebum. If you use hundreds of treatments that would lead your skin to extreme overdryness it simply won't work at all.
ITZee

United States

#172 Mar 22, 2013
KnA wrote:
THIS WORKS - steam iron everything in house, bedding, mattress, cloth covered furniture, rugs. Wash all (that have been in contact with scabies )clothes in hot water, dry on hot cycle. Bath, water as hot as you can tolerate and add 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol. Spot treat any itches with a cotton ball and pure rubbing alchohol. We have had it tw1ce in two years and this is only that that worked for a family of 6.
Is the rubbing alcohol dangerous? I read about a women who killed her baby by bathing it in peroxide. My kids are 9, 3 & 1o weeks. They will only prescribe permitherin. We are on or 5th treatment.
ITZee

United States

#173 Mar 22, 2013
VSS wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree totally. When someone first gets these mites, the very first thing you try, is permethrin cream prescribed by any doctor, including low income clinics.
It usually does NOT cause a rash, and generally, people are not allergic to permethrin.
The only reason you said that it caused you irritation, is because you want to push some natural essential oil cure, where you can buy these things from a whole foods place, or a vitamin shop either on the street or online, where most of you people here are pushing stuff like this, so you can make money from people who have scabies and are desperate.
These so called essential oils only prolong the infestation, until it gets out of hand. Then the people are basically screwed.
The people on this forum, like Canuckette, who keeps saying that natural is the way to go, have compromised immunities. She keeps saying that "this" works (meaning borax/h202) or (homeopathy works), when in reality, someone like her who has morgellons or a compromised immunity, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.
But, to come on the forum and start pushing neem and tea tree oil, when the person has not even tried the standard permethrin and ivermectin cure, is absolutely ridiculous.
Go see a derm and get your meds and treat. In between treatments, use the tea tree oil and neem oil with a carrier oil, but, with scabies you need to knock them out fast and move on with your life.
This poster says that they had a "terrible" case of scabies. When you have a "terrible" case of scabies, neem and tea tree oil doesn't do the job you think it will do. For most people permethrin does not cause skin rashes or irritation. The neem oil stinks and doesn't work. The tea tree oil is just an adjunct to the real meds needed to kills these mites.
Only for trolls who are pushing the so-called natural cures, does the permethrin causes "a horrible rash."
And when you tell people not to use "mineral oil," don't you think you should give an explanation for that statement? To just bluntly tell people not to use a mineral oil and not explain WHY, seems irresponsible to me.
But all this is just my opinion and I don't know anything, so don't take my word for it.
Its my first time here. I'm only looking for answers. But in the interest of science, honesty, & helping each other out, it caused a very bad, itchy, burning rash on me, my 3 yr old & newborn. However not each time. We have treated 5 or 6 times,,& we rashed 2-3 of those times, interchangeably. New appt on Monday, i'll update.

Location hidden

#174 Mar 22, 2013
ITZee wrote:
<quoted text>
Its my first time here. I'm only looking for answers. But in the interest of science, honesty, & helping each other out, it caused a very bad, itchy, burning rash on me, my 3 yr old & newborn. However not each time. We have treated 5 or 6 times,,& we rashed 2-3 of those times, interchangeably. New appt on Monday, i'll update.
Try stromecol , it should help you and your family. Good luck
mce1c

Orlando, FL

#175 Mar 26, 2013
I got scabies 1 month ago, work for a hospital, got it from a patient, myself and another RN. The co-worker got it first and was out , so I thought I have and itchy rash let me go get checked, sure enough SCABIES!!!!!!!! Was put on permetherin 5% 1st week, no results and then the next week, I had to do it again, 1st dose was unsucessful, andddddd, so was second doese. My co-worker was given the same by her doctor, she is not saying anything about still having them, because you have to stay out of work. After i did the second round , I was cleared to go back to work. I asked an infectious disease doc at work, what do you do for a patient if it does not work two times, He said they have a pill they can give you, a one time pill, I then asked then why don't you give that in the first place, the cream is not working for most people anymore, he had no answer, however, 2 ID Docs did say they will itch for 2 weeks after, even tough they are gone and benedryl at night was recommened, for the itch, and it works. Makes you surer sleepy though. One benedryl per night. You will sleep. Cures. well they had no other explainations, or cure for me , no suggestion,nothing, pretty much I am on my own. Oh, and it was not kept confidential at work either, I am now being treated like a leper.So much for employee confidentiality, So , glad I did not report to them I had Aids or worse. It was posted on facebook on my page," hey terry hows the scabies coming along , miss you at work." My reply: "oh my new one thousand friends are good,but I really need to find new , better friends, and by the way how is your syphilis doing.Love ya see ya soon." One more thing , I was told by the doc that only do the neck down , cause they do not get on the face or in your hair. Is this true? please tell. I am like all of you out there, searching for relief and trying all the things people are trying, Just found a new home remedy, here goes.....pennyroyal oil essential 10 drops in 2 cups of water, put in spray bottle and shake up, it will blend with water and then add 2-4 drops each of eucalyptus and lemongrass essential oils, Pennyroyal kills and repels scabies bugs, you can also use it later as a mosquito and flea repellant for your dogs cats HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!! PREGNANT WOMEN, DO NOT USE THIS EVER. PENNYROYAL HAS BEEN USED IN THE PAST HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS AS A MEANS OF START MENTRAL CYCLES AND TO ABORT BABIES.Read up on this on internet, all warnings for pregnant women are there. Well , here I go will let ya know how this works.
ITZee

United States

#176 Mar 26, 2013
Update: went back to the Dr yesterday. She said she didn't think we have scabies anymore,,, that it is just the residual itchy reaction, that it can last several months, blah blah blah. I should her a new burrow that had come about on my thumb and she had no explanation for this. She said i should get our chihuahua treated. So that's next on the list HOWEVER! she said if it didn't go away in a month THEY HAVE A BRAND NEW PRODUCT CALLED "SKLICE",,, but most insurance won't cover it without sufficient evidence that the Permetherin has failed. Will keep updated!

Location hidden

#177 Mar 26, 2013
ITZee wrote:
Update: went back to the Dr yesterday. She said she didn't think we have scabies anymore,,, that it is just the residual itchy reaction, that it can last several months, blah blah blah. I should her a new burrow that had come about on my thumb and she had no explanation for this. She said i should get our chihuahua treated. So that's next on the list HOWEVER! she said if it didn't go away in a month THEY HAVE A BRAND NEW PRODUCT CALLED "SKLICE",,, but most insurance won't cover it without sufficient evidence that the Permetherin has failed. Will keep updated!
I hope you are clear!! I just looked and it seems like SKlice cost $275.00 were are prem is only $65.00 I wonder if it works better. SKlice looks like it's just a iver pour on...interesting it is pretty new thanks for sharing!!
almostthere

Toronto, Canada

#178 Mar 26, 2013
ITZee wrote:
<quoted text>
coconut oil, neem oil, and olive or grapeseed oil, even vaseline 100% petroleum. have been a miracle for my 20 month old son, just combining any 2 at the same time works. and sulphur soap at bath time. if they like long baths, sea salt mineral baths. its been hard to not get reinfected from our environment, especially with a toddler. I've had it for 5 months now. misdiagnosed for 2 1/2 months it has been Mainly because of our clothing and bed sheets. i thought the dryer was enough. i now started to BOIL clothing and bed sheets. or bag for a full week after washing. 2 weeks if u can. my husband is 95%, im 90% better. Permethrin works!!! just make sure to put it on facen ears too! nad protect your head. now dealing with head. trying the oil/blowdry. clean with windex, alcohol and or ammonia and freeze any toys/makeup. i take out the items at night so theyre not frozen in the morning. clean everything you touch and wear gloves. so you dont have to clean so much. clean your car. stroller etc.

now just using clove oil, coconut and olive/grapeseed oil. everyday like lotion. make sure you mix 25% clove with 50% or 75% coconut oil . clove oil burns. you can put it on first quickly, to see where they are if it burns. which is a good indication if you still have. unless you have scars (open wounds)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Borax vs DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (Dec '10) 2 hr jane 15
difference between permethrin itching and mite ... (Jun '10) 18 hr Vinsim 171
i dont get this 21 hr desperate 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 21 hr jane 4,154
My 4 year scabies story, need help from scabies... (May '11) Thu BuggedOut 100
Psorinum........homeopathic cure for Scabies? (Sep '11) Thu FRED 114
Scabies Inside The Vagina (Nov '07) Thu Al c 106

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE