Fred

Germany

#137 Feb 9, 2013
I can tie my shoes
YuckScabies

Malden, MA

#138 Feb 9, 2013
Fred sounds like you had a couple jacks and coke. Good for you buddy!
samantha

Argyle, FL

#139 Feb 11, 2013
OK I have scabies now and I need a way to get rid of it completely .I need help please
Virtual Scabies

Hollywood, FL

#140 Feb 11, 2013
samantha wrote:
OK I have scabies now and I need a way to get rid of it completely .I need help please
Start reading some of the good threads on this forum.
Progress' Scabies Forum thread
ivermectin
permethrin
essential oils, clove oil, anise oil, tea tree oil
borax
cleaning thread
treatment of pets
there is a search engine here on this forum. start reading, and if you have any questions, please ask.
first off, you need to go to a doctor and have them give you permethrin and examine you to determine whether you do, in fact, have scabies. ensure they give you a few refills, as nothing kills the eggs.
had enough

Barking, UK

#141 Feb 13, 2013
samantha- ive done a diary of my story on forum 'die scabies die!!'
still battling, hopefully at the end.
x
umathr

Baltimore, MD

#142 Feb 21, 2013
I have been using aloe vera gel and it really seems to work. I had a scabies out break on my legs back of knees, thighs, calfs. They were bad and getting worse.
I decided to try aloe and it seems to be working. The scabies are in full retreat. I think the aloe dissolves them.
chris

Parkersburg, WV

#143 Feb 23, 2013
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, the Internet troll is trying to spin conflicting information, is questioning in an insincere manner, turning people against each other, harassing forum members, ignoring warnings from long time established forum participants.
When trolls are ignored they step up their posting, desperately seeking the attention they crave.
Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.
Another problem is that the negative emotions stirred up by trolls leak over into other discussions. Normally affable people can become bitter after reading an angry interchange between a troll and his victims, and this can poison previously friendly interactions between long-time users.
When a troll attacks a message board, he generally posts a lot of messages. Even if his messages are not particularly inflammatory, they can be so numerous that they drown out the regular conversations (this is known as 'flooding'). Needless to say, no one person's opinions can be allowed to monopolize a forum thread.
It has been known that some trolls will create up to 30 accounts on the same forum, in order to continue with his anonymous activity.
====good insight... very well written
Thomas Stubblefield

Humble, TX

#144 Feb 24, 2013
Premetherine Creme...I'm telling you. Call a Dr.. Or find this at Walmat.. If you cover you body, chin to the bottoms of your feet. You will be greasy.. but it will kill these things. While you are curing, wash every piece of cloth you come in contact with during treatment,once a day, in the hottest water you can get. By day 3 you will be cured. you won't even realize you don't itch anymore. I had these things bad, and spread them.. I cured everything with premetherine cream. I say go to the Dr for a $50 visit because it's the highest concentration you can get is behind the counter. God help this illness
Middian

Savannah, GA

#145 Feb 24, 2013
So this is war right? Let's get the military involved.

If you got some guts and you REALLY wanna kill them...and save some money as well:

(WARNING: THIS REMEDY IS NOT FOR CAT OWNERS)

Look on ebay for Military Grade permethrin.-NOT the Sawyer brand (that's crap). It should be US Armed Forces surplus. It's 40% concentration, mixed with a bit of fuel (LOL) in two-1oz vials (riddled with health warnings). Mix ONE of these vials with an 8oz bottle of your favorite lotion to get a 10% concentration. This is DOUBLE the (expensive) pharmacy cream dosage...and you get a whole lot more than one tube-worth (for much less money).

Apply this lotion once per week (or every few days if you're not squeamish)from head to toe and leave it on overnight. Wash off in the morning with sulfur soap if you have it (otherwise just bathe as usual) and apply body-powder to keep dry. Medicated (menthol/eucalyptus) body-powder is better for killing mites, but can make your skin feel like it's on fire...I avoid it.

Add the 2nd vial of military-grade permethrin to 1 gallon of water (and/or febreze) and spray EVERYTHING. This will be a 1.25% concentration, which is DOUBLE the recommended amount for insect-proof hunting clothes.

Now for your health concerns:
According to the Connecticut Department of Public Health, permethrin "has low mammalian toxicity, is poorly absorbed through the skin and is rapidly inactivated by the body. Skin reactions have been uncommon." - Kirby C. Stafford III (February 1999). "Tick Bite Prevention". Connecticut Department of Public Health.

**2nd WARNING: Avoid this solution if you have cats...they won't fare well with this much permethrin around.-Keep it away from your fish tank, too (absolutely deadly to aquatic life).

Now if you can get your hands on Benzyl Benzoate (a very strong acid), put some in with your laundry on the hot wash cycle (between 2 tablespoons and 1/4 cup should be fine per load). If you can't get it, then use 1/2 cup of BORAX poison with each load.

Alive and well:
With chronic asthma and eczema, I'm not the healthiest person...but I feel fine. No seizures, sudden death or boiling flesh here. So, ignore all the toxicity hype about permethrin in humans. It's all BS.

Now go kill those little m'fckrs and win peace with WAR!!! Hooah!!
ANS

Walpole, MA

#147 Feb 24, 2013
thomas wrote:
I am dying with no insurance so I can't go to the doctor...please help me.....email me @ thomasstubblefield@gmail.com
go to Canada get permathrin over the counter and follow instructions.
Mama

Riverside, CA

#148 Feb 28, 2013
I would like to talk to people in the US with scBies and see what is avaible
got the itch

De Pere, WI

#149 Mar 1, 2013
Tea tree oil used as a bath additive and a topical treatment, also spot treatments--very very effective but it burns and destroys all good bacteria on the skin as well as instantly killing scabies

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#150 Mar 1, 2013
Mama wrote:
I would like to talk to people in the US with scBies and see what is avaible
Prem 5% is what most docs prescribe I would get a few refills, apply 3x 7 days apart, if you can get an rx for stromecol and use that 2x 7 days apart, in between treatments use sulfur soap to wash, and Tea tree oil or clove oil mixed with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil everynight. Make sure you clean everything. There is a good thread on how to remove scabies from your environment. Good luck!

Since: Feb 13

Torrance, CA

#151 Mar 1, 2013
im getting somewhere needpeace- how are you getting on?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#152 Mar 1, 2013
femaleuk wrote:
im getting somewhere needpeace- how are you getting on?
I'm doing ok Femaleuk, still haven't treated. Had itchy feet earlier this week, but I have been applying TTO, clove oil and coconut oil and its gone away. I read your in post scabies how's this going? You still applying the clove oil?
Middian

Savannah, GA

#153 Mar 2, 2013
THEY'RE DEAD

It took about 6 days, which seems average, but I wasn't crazy with itch the whole time. That's an improvement to the forum. I got rid of them quickly and COMFORTABLY.

Now I'm not saying that I didn't itch at all, but it was minor. There were little spots here and there, which I area-treated with the permethrin lotion that I made.-not spot-treating, but large areas around each new dot.

A note on the spreading of scabies:

I don't believe that spot-treating causes them to crawl to untreated areas of the body. The pattern that the rash followed seemed to be predetermined. They went wherever they had not been before, whether it was a treated area or not. This suggests that they had already moved to what seemed to be unaffected areas BEFORE the permethrin was applied.

What this means: The "affected" areas are places where the bugs WERE and eggs now ARE. The bugs have already moved to an area that seems unaffected. If you only treat symptomatic areas, you are only treating the eggs...which may be impervious to permethrin.

Spot-treatment is a waste of ammo. If you wish to attack stragglers, you should spread it around a larger area (2 or 3 inch diameter around each new red dot). I am purely assuming that 2 or 3 inches is the furthest possible distance the bug could travel immediately after you get the telltale itch/red-dot.

Gestation:
It takes roughly 5 days for new eggs to hatch. This is why the doctors tell you to apply the permethrin two times, one week apart. I believe it takes an equal or greater amount of time for new hatch-lings to become fertile and lay new eggs. The second treatment should be during the time in-between.

Clothing hint for those with work-uniforms:
Add 2 drier sheets (soaked in the permethrin spray that you made) to your dry-cycle and set the heat on high. It should gassify (~evaporate) and permeate through the whole load....or, maybe it's just a waste of permethrin, but if you have enough, it's worth a try.

Deviations:
I beat them without the sulfur-soap (for bathing). I ordered it online, but it didn't come in on time. Nor, did I use BORAX or Benzyl Benzoate this time (I did once, when I dealt with these mites 15 years ago). The permethrin drier sheets came as an afterthought, today. I did use Sodium Nitrate (washing soda) in every load, but NaNO3 is in all powdered laundry detergents on the market. I do not know if it's effective, because I also used bleach and a hot drier cycle on every load. Time will tell if I am re-infested.
gregory

San Jose, CA

#154 Mar 2, 2013
I had a terrible case of scabies. I tried prescription Permethrin just on my arm first. I causes terrible skin irritation and I was glad I did not put it on every inch of my body (per instruction).

After doing a lot of research, I bought neem seed oil and mixed it with olive oil. I think I mixed it: one part neem oil, with nine parts olive oil.(you can also mix it with unscented lotion that has plant oils in it -- Do NOT use mineral oil or lotion with mineral oil in it) You have to put it on every inch of your body and in your hair and leave it there for 24 hours. At the same time: all bedding has to be changed, any clothes washed, all carpets vacuumed and all cloth covered couches, chairs vacuumed off. You will still have itching for up to a week -- even after the mites are killed. I used ice water packs to dull the intense itching on my arm and leg.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#155 Mar 3, 2013
gregory wrote:
I had a terrible case of scabies. I tried prescription Permethrin just on my arm first. I causes terrible skin irritation and I was glad I did not put it on every inch of my body (per instruction).
After doing a lot of research, I bought neem seed oil and mixed it with olive oil. I think I mixed it: one part neem oil, with nine parts olive oil.(you can also mix it with unscented lotion that has plant oils in it -- Do NOT use mineral oil or lotion with mineral oil in it) You have to put it on every inch of your body and in your hair and leave it there for 24 hours. At the same time: all bedding has to be changed, any clothes washed, all carpets vacuumed and all cloth covered couches, chairs vacuumed off. You will still have itching for up to a week -- even after the mites are killed. I used ice water packs to dull the intense itching on my arm and leg.
I disagree totally. When someone first gets these mites, the very first thing you try, is permethrin cream prescribed by any doctor, including low income clinics.

It usually does NOT cause a rash, and generally, people are not allergic to permethrin.

The only reason you said that it caused you irritation, is because you want to push some natural essential oil cure, where you can buy these things from a whole foods place, or a vitamin shop either on the street or online, where most of you people here are pushing stuff like this, so you can make money from people who have scabies and are desperate.

These so called essential oils only prolong the infestation, until it gets out of hand. Then the people are basically screwed.

The people on this forum, like Canuckette, who keeps saying that natural is the way to go, have compromised immunities. She keeps saying that "this" works (meaning borax/h202) or (homeopathy works), when in reality, someone like her who has morgellons or a compromised immunity, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.

But, to come on the forum and start pushing neem and tea tree oil, when the person has not even tried the standard permethrin and ivermectin cure, is absolutely ridiculous.

Go see a derm and get your meds and treat. In between treatments, use the tea tree oil and neem oil with a carrier oil, but, with scabies you need to knock them out fast and move on with your life.

This poster says that they had a "terrible" case of scabies. When you have a "terrible" case of scabies, neem and tea tree oil doesn't do the job you think it will do. For most people permethrin does not cause skin rashes or irritation. The neem oil stinks and doesn't work. The tea tree oil is just an adjunct to the real meds needed to kills these mites.

Only for trolls who are pushing the so-called natural cures, does the permethrin causes "a horrible rash."

And when you tell people not to use "mineral oil," don't you think you should give an explanation for that statement? To just bluntly tell people not to use a mineral oil and not explain WHY, seems irresponsible to me.

But all this is just my opinion and I don't know anything, so don't take my word for it.
VSS

Perm, Russia

#157 Mar 3, 2013
ATTENTION ALL aliases! The party is commencing in Lunatic Fred's head! Uncle Sam found a baggie of DE. YEEHAAA

Since: Feb 13

Anonymous Proxy

#158 Mar 4, 2013
Need Peace. Im fine!!!! Zero spots, zero rash. Zero itching. Zero treating (for 2 weeks now). After 15 months or so me & my mum are fine.
Since my skin is sensitive, when Im hot my inner elbows and thighs get itchy. Thats it. Still going with the Homeopathy, and it's reducing this heat/itchy symptoms too.

Cant believe this is over!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i overcame scabies! (Jul '13) 5 hr Patricia 9
Septic scabies and scabies on obs 5 hr Worries 1
Scabies on eyelids,face,ears,scalp 6 hr Worries 40
Borax Solution - CURE (Aug '12) 13 hr avs356 1,419
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Sun ashleyshere 252
I have scabies and I'm freaking out Sat Jen 2
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Sat itchee 135
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Oct 16 Tucson girl 4,144

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE