Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

...Herbs to kill parasites are Goldenseal capsules, and also Turmeric capsules. Take Garlic capsules with the Goldenseal and Turmeric capsules for six weeks. Then take a break. Not good to take them all the time without taking a break for a month or so. Do this while using the chlorine baths. This is for those whom have failed with the cream and pills the first time. Doctor WILL prescribe more cream...lol. Always another Doctor :)

Since: Jul 13

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

deisag wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, here you go. Buy these products. You only pay $149 for the whole lot of home made concoctions.
http://www.naturasil.com/scabies-treatment-fa...
and if this doesn't cure you, you can buy this super pack for a very low price of $249 (that's two hundred and forty nine dollars)...
http://www.naturasil.com/scabies-treatment-su...
there's enough stuff there to treat the entire neighborhood.
Now you are just being a smart as pluging the same crap you just condemned people for... If you don't care about people suffering and actually want to help, well it's kinda hard to tell and yes that was sarcasm. Grow up and offer something helpful or get a job in the Obama Adminstration they need more jerks to lie and Lord over the American people and you lack of helpfulness will surely cure that pesky liberty thing people can't stand. Thanks for nothing then.
Jim

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Jeannie, you need to be more specific when you say CREAM that the doctor prescribes. That cream is permethrin cream. Or it could be malathion cream. Or it could be a SULPHUR cream that some of these places sell on the net like naturasil (which does absolutely nothing to help your scabies). Or it could be a home made sulphur cream using sublimed sulphur and hand cream mixed together. Eurax cream. Could be many different types of creams, including Benzemul lotion, which is a 25% benzyl benzoate and 75% inactive ingredient lotion.

When you say PILLS Jeanne, you have to be more specific. Are you talking about stromectol/ivermectin? This is the med that WORKS for scabies.

Yes, you can do bleach baths in between your treatments of stromectol ivermectin and permethrin cream, but you cannot cure yourself of scabies with herbs and homeopathy.

Try the true meds, first. And then see if that works for you.

Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle helps to keep the numbers down. Also, use hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle, too.

Add some borax to the hydrogen peroxide and that helps to keep your numbers down, too.

Good luck and have a good day.

:-)
Jim

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

WCrN wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just being a smart as pluging the same crap you just condemned people for... If you don't care about people suffering and actually want to help, well it's kinda hard to tell and yes that was sarcasm. Grow up and offer something helpful or get a job in the Obama Adminstration they need more jerks to lie and Lord over the American people and you lack of helpfulness will surely cure that pesky liberty thing people can't stand. Thanks for nothing then.
Diatomaceous Earth does NOTHING for scabies.
Don't use it and don't waste your time on this DIRT.
It is harmful to your lungs and clogs your pores.
Also, use CAUTION when looking through websites that sell so-called scabies products. They do NOTHING for your scabies. They do not cure you and will drain your bank account. Use the tried and true meds that the doctors prescribed. That would be stromectol ivermectin tablets and Elimite permethrin Cream.

Have a good day!!!

itchy smoker

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

PTSS wrote:
I was wondering about nicotine so I did a search on scabies and nicotine and it brought me to this thread. My lady friend did not get scabies we were together before I knew that the itching I was feeling was from scabies, She is a smoker I quit 12 years ago. I doubt if you have to bathe in nicotine for it to work on scabies, I do not want to start smoking again but I am thinking about using the patch to get the nicotine into my blood. Any thoughts from anyone?
i am a smoker and have scabies. The itching has driven me to smoke more and it just kept speading. However my partner didnt get it either.com pletely madneing the docotor told us he most have a wonderful immuine system. Scabies might make you start smokeing but its dosnt make it go away

Since: Jul 13

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Diatomaceous Earth does NOTHING for scabies.
Don't use it and don't waste your time on this DIRT.
It is harmful to your lungs and clogs your pores.
Also, use CAUTION when looking through websites that sell so-called scabies products. They do NOTHING for your scabies. They do not cure you and will drain your bank account. Use the tried and true meds that the doctors prescribed. That would be stromectol ivermectin tablets and Elimite permethrin Cream.
Have a good day!!!
So sir, I took your wonderful advice for a few days and stopped the "DIRT" and guess what friend? BIG MISTAKE it certainly helps significantly reducing numbers even if it is not a cure and ever since I have been using the grapeseed oil/foodgrade diatemacious earth on my feet, no new sores, so I dismiss claim that that does not help. I went to my doctor and "IVERMECTIN" while I believe it works IS NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR TREATMENT OF SCABIES even though it is technically a scabicide and there is our stupid government who seems to be worshipped by the foolish masses today hard at work. Now the so called doctor offers the permethrin cream and tells me there is no "pill that can be prescribed" ok crappy doctor but you act like scabies isn't a problem. It isn't called the seven year itch for no reason. And no matter what you use to get rid of them the biggest problem is reinfestation... Well what if the asymptomatic people around you refuse to get treated? I suppose if Iwere a sociopath a tranquilizer gun could aid in me treating my environment but yeah that's crazy, and so is your simplistic approach that ignore the bigger problem of reinfestation. I am disabled have no bank account to drain on bs and limited acess to my choice in doctors so I guess if I want ivermectin I have to be an ass since no one seems to want to prescribe it. I am about to seriously consider moving to another state after I get cured just to get away from my own family (I am single so I am not referring to a wife and children FYI) who are asymptomatic and in total denial. Good day to you as well.
vss

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

WCrN wrote:
<quoted text>
So sir, I took your wonderful advice for a few days and stopped the "DIRT" and guess what friend? BIG MISTAKE it certainly helps significantly reducing numbers even if it is not a cure and ever since I have been using the grapeseed oil/foodgrade diatemacious earth on my feet, no new sores, so I dismiss claim that that does not help. I went to my doctor and "IVERMECTIN" while I believe it works IS NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR TREATMENT OF SCABIES even though it is technically a scabicide and there is our stupid government who seems to be worshipped by the foolish masses today hard at work. Now the so called doctor offers the permethrin cream and tells me there is no "pill that can be prescribed" ok crappy doctor but you act like scabies isn't a problem. It isn't called the seven year itch for no reason. And no matter what you use to get rid of them the biggest problem is reinfestation... Well what if the asymptomatic people around you refuse to get treated? I suppose if Iwere a sociopath a tranquilizer gun could aid in me treating my environment but yeah that's crazy, and so is your simplistic approach that ignore the bigger problem of reinfestation. I am disabled have no bank account to drain on bs and limited acess to my choice in doctors so I guess if I want ivermectin I have to be an ass since no one seems to want to prescribe it. I am about to seriously consider moving to another state after I get cured just to get away from my own family (I am single so I am not referring to a wife and children FYI) who are asymptomatic and in total denial. Good day to you as well.
Just print out the information from the Center for Disease control and bring it with you to the docs. Best to call around to see if they prescribe this med to treat scabies.

I think the sublimed sulphur mixed with hand lotion works better than DE, for scabies, but that's just my opinion. There are many things you can use, but it takes way longer to get a cure with all these things. Sorry about your situation.

It's not my fault you are in this situation, so don't blame the messenger...

Have a good day!!

vss

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

lotus_fan wrote:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/ 2002-129/pdfs/2002-129.pdf
Langoliers is an escaped mental patient.
I often wondered why denver would always pick on posters like this. He likes to put people down to make himself look better.
He is part of the sulphur soap salesmen on this forum.
vss

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I've posted extensively the reckless and uninformed disregard for anyone's safety that you have and that you apparently only care about what comes out of your mouth and don't bother to read it isn't a surprise that you are in oblivion.
First Ivermectin dosage is based on weight , The clinicians guide to pharmaceutical medicines states 200micrograms per kilogram of body weight. So you should be aware what dosage your using. Also the P4503a4 enzymes in your liver adjust very quickly so the one week gap is impractical.
Second Lindane has caused seizures and deaths even with one dose, and you are suggesting 4-5.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/Postmarke...
"serious side effects including seizures and deaths have been reported to the FDA in patients who use too much Lindane or after a second treatment with Lindane."
Diatomaceous earth is all chrystaline and should never be put on skin or in your environment , it has serious long term health consequences. Your body doesn't metabolize it , when you inhale it small tumors grow around it in your lungs and that is called interstitial lung disease. All DE has some chrystaline silica in it and the amorphous silica is dangerous too. Why do you think it destroys your vacuum cleaner?
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/programs/resp//risks...
"Silica, also known as silicon dioxide, is the most common mineral on earth. Inhaling dusts that contain crystalline forms of silica can cause a fibrosing interstitial lung disease called silicosis. Silicosis usually takes at least 10 years after exposure to develop. However, it can develop more quickly, especially after large exposures."
Langoliers himself has admitted to having the "long red scratches" and then set about explaining what they were to other posters although he was completely wrong. Lang has morgellons and still does he is just to egotistical and psychotic to admit it. He is the single most dangerous poster on this forum.
http://www.morgellons-disease-research.com/Mo...
Langoliers also created the thread "My Ivermectin Treatment story" for his own demented amusement.
Denver, this is a bit harsh, don't you think?
OMG....
What is your problem, anyway?
You need help with YOUR anger issues.
vss

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
You just posted a few days ago that your infestation was out of control so you must be doing something right.
Bon voyage, don't forget to send a postcard from hell.
Wow, denver, I am wondering if there are any herbal tinctures you can take for that tongue of yours.
Burner 101

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

My episode with scabies started right after I camped in my friends woods. I most likely got it weeks earlier since symptoms can take 4-6 weeks to show up the first time. I am horribly allergic to poison ivy so I at first thought it was that. Yet it lingered and lingered.

My bites would usualy travel in clusters of two. I went close to nuts fighting them. I us DE everywhere. Ironed my suits threw everything I could in the dryer. Towels washed and dried after one use. Bug bombed my car and house. I picked up sulfur soap and tried a topical creme from the doctor. What has finally given me relief... Epsom salt bath mixed with eating a good amount of pickled garlic. Eat enough of the stuff and you might smell a little bad but mixed with the Epsom salt bath and I am itch free.

Hope this saves someone else so they can stay sane. Affects your mood, ego and social well being.
gone

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

I was living with this hell for 2 1/2 months. The way we got rid of them was by taking Ivermectin, then the permethrin cream the same day (leaving it on 24 hours). 7 days later, the ivermectin again. Since we didn't have any more Permethrin cream. I used Diatamaceous Earth mixed with corn oil. That stuff was just plain nasty on the skin and caused further skin irritations, but after using it for about 3 weeks, we finally got rid of them. All during this time of skin remedies, we bought plastic mattress covers, plastic pillowcases (all from Wal-Mart), covered all our mattresses and about 4 pillows total (Put the rest in plastic bags in the garage for a month), did about 4 loads of laundry daily (including our sheets), sprayed our plastic covered bedding with a mixture of D.E, bleach, water and Malathion (bought at Home Depot). Vacuumed every day sprinkling borax all over before vacuuming and covering sofas with the lice spray, then clean sheets (every day!) you can buy at CVS. All together we probably spent over $200 on doctor visits (and we do have health insurance!), and supplies, but one or more of these things worked and we did finally rid ourselves of this hell. It takes lots of diligence and suffering, but stay with it and you will get there. We also have 3 large dogs which I kept off our bed, but I sprayed their indoor kennel with the lice spray as well. That's all I did with my pets. Good luck.
Lucky Me

Holly Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

4000 characters isn't enough..

Ant bite type marks started showing up, my fiancée was covered and it seemed like my arms and lightly on the shoulders were somehow only being affected.. Doc at clinic diagnoses from 5 feet away: scabies. Perm cream followed by new marks the next day. Spent 30 bucks on Clorox/vinegar/garlic pills/menthol body wash/baking soda/alcohol and peroxide. Started nuking myself and my surroundings with bleach and rubbing alcohol, chugging garlic pills and vinegar tea, burning my newest marks with cigarette tip held a quarter inch away from skin, tried freezing them with ice, finally started spraying myself with diluted bleach in the shower, all to no result. Called doc and asked for a scrape test and she said to wait on the cream to do its thing, then try 2nd application (still haven't had scrape test).. My fiancée was absolutely coated in bites on her hands, then slightly less worse on arms below elbow, then a bit less worse on upper arms, and pretty bad on back and shoulders. Legs were sporadically covered (which didn't say scabies to me), and nothing we tried earned any relief. So day 6 (before perm cream 2) I bleach her bed and pillows, roll them in dryer on hot, spray room with bleach and spidercide, and as a replacement for DE I ringed the bed and walls with menthol medicated powder.. Collapsed on the bed feeling helpless, and I sit up and look at the head of the bed and I've got three new friends sitting there looking at me. Brown and about as big as a pencil eraser, some strange bugs. I crush one and blood, MY blood, smears out onto the bed. We never tried DE or could afford the vinyl mattress cover or we would have known earlier. I pull the mattress out and lo and behold, bedbugs. Fat and loaded with blood. Explained why I felt so weak and drained :| Now my four month old marks are finally going away, because I was battling a pest I wasn't aware of, scared up to my attention by menthol powder, of all things. My fiancée thought she was leaving bloody smears on the bed, but it was from crushing them during sleep. Creepy to think these things crawl out like strange worshippers every night when you lay down and numb you and then feast. Her hands were chewed to hell and back. Awful. I hurled her bed and box spring and headboard out, and then checked her daughter's bed across the room to find a lighter infestation. I never thought it was scabies because of the spacing of the bites and the total lack of burrow trails. DE kills them, direct rubbing alcohol spray kills them, and MY BLOOD-SOAKED HANDS KILL THEM! To anyone who hasn't seen burrows flip every piece of furniture. These bugs act like roaches and won't show themselves in the light. Look for them in book bindings, corners of furniture, creases of clothing. Themselves, their eggs, their moltings, and the black areas they leave behind, probably from poo, are all visible to the naked eye. The bottom of the mattress had virtually none on it, all were focused on the top near our heads, hence the near-lack of bites on the legs and the abundance on upper body. I feel for all of you.

I was getting ready to fill an outdoor tub with (200 bucks worth of) rubbing alcohol, breathe through a hose or tube, and once submerged to the neck I'd add a layer of baby oil to the top of the alcohol to seal both the bugs and the fumes under the oil layer. But rubbing alcohol will light testicles on fire (experience talking). Also thought about an elaborate full-body DE entombment plus breathing through a tube. Could try burning them out of your skin with a cig like I (uselessly) tried, considered a vacuum pore cleaner at one point.. Seems like there is a LOT of money to be made with a scabies treatment that WORKS. I'm still paranoid I have it, anyway. No clue where we got the bedbugs, no clue where the scabies could have came from. Makes you fear all public places, turns going to the movies into Russian roulette.. If you haven't checked mattress, DO IT asap. Good luck
donttrip

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Angel8383 wrote:
I hope this finds you all well,
If your tired of using any kind of toxins or risking it could become toxic. Or perhaps using creams that aren't potent enough?!.. Think natural, honestly I know sometimes it seems to good to be true but.... Vinegar (white) is an amazing alternative to your failed attempts. I know it may burn at first but what's worse " slight burn" or "endless itching"? Yeah I thought u might agree, I personally would go buy the biggest bottle the market sells, and depending on how serious ur scabies problem is determines whether you add a lot, little, or any water in to a bath tub. Try to soak all exposed skin, if u need to, fill an empty spray bottle and spray anywhere u fear u might miss- with the white vinegar.---- also Vicks vapor rub would be my choice for lotion that night just to reassure that any remaining scabies on your personal belongings, would not be interested in you any more.
So don't use ne water just plain vinegar how long do u leave it on for
ITZee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

I was just wanting to come back and do an update. My family its scabies free and we have been since March? I believe. Maybe April. I had posted that our pediatrician wanted us to stop all treatnent and just wait a month and see how we felt. I will tell you guys that is verrrry hard. I swear i thought we had it about 1oo times that first month. But i did NOTHING. I told my husband though if I started to get burrows on my hands again that was it, i was resuming the monthly permithirin treatments. All those days I DID wash and change are sheets quit frequently, every day, every other day, then every week. Guys. Seriously it makes sooooo much sense now. We are literally DRYING, chemical burning, and over treating our skin. As a life long cystic acne sufferer i know alot about this. I was just sooooo grossed out, and paranoid, that i thought the permithirin, rid, d.e. Powder, grape seed oil, bed rotating, all that crap, was all the best thing to do. I drove my kids and husband crazy. Treated my cat & dog!
All i can say is this.
Try Doing Nothing. You have nothing to lose!
Try it for 1 month. Then 1 more week. Then another week, etc. Keep pushing yourself to not reach for that tube of permithirin. Use the burrows as the only evidence of reinfection. I swear, even today, my skin is STILL super sensitive. I will scratch my arm, and get a little itchy, and think oh shit. But i stop. Calm down. Wait 15 min with no scratching and wouldn't you know, it disappears. No scabies.
I post this in the most sincerest hope, that someone will benefit from the months of dispare I suffered. I'd cry. I'd get mad. I'd give up. I felt like i was going crazy and there was no hope. The permithirin is sooooo strong guys, it does work. You just have to be so patient. It can be 6 weeks before you feel complete relief. I hope someone reads this, trys it, and finds peace & hope again. Get your life back!
Good luck!
All Chat

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

So much talk..not enough action..lay in the bath soaked myself in viniger ......mites all gone.

Next time ill try a bottle of vodka..but I don't think they'll be back.
Jan

Honeoye Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Stephanie wrote:
Will Epsom salt baths actually kill the scabies.... My doctor said it would work but he is a little messed up if you know what I mean.... Please help me
I used 2 cups Borax and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide in the bath and it helps. Do this twice a day. Also Oil of lavendar on a soft cloth, put on area that are infected.
emjayrow

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Bleach...twice a day... two to four weeks
also will get rid of heavy metals...
1/2 to 1 cup per bath must have very hot water...also dry brush before the baths...after do not rinse...air dry then spray with peroxide water mixture...1per/4water mixture..
Jodee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Vinegar kills them but burns like hell.
JoblessDueToItch Stress

Denville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Thanks for the bleach hint. Ive used it before. Never sure of an effective recipe though. Air dry ugh. That takes forever! Lol
Can I use regular soap with these baths ? Anything to stay away from? Obviously I'm not going to wash my hair in bleach watt. Won't that lighten my hair too much? Do you scrub with loofah or just soak? chlorine bleach right?

Thanks.
emjayrow wrote:
Bleach...twice a day... two to four weeks
also will get rid of heavy metals...
1/2 to 1 cup per bath must have very hot water...also dry brush before the baths...after do not rinse...air dry then spray with peroxide water mixture...1per/4water mixture..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

117 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 6 hr boyohboy 4,010
Albendazole (Valbazen) Curing Me (Oct '13) 7 hr Flossy 719
How does vaseline work? (Dec '09) 7 hr killingthem 32
What WORKS and MISCONCEPTIONS - My Story 8 hr sufferer 6
apple cider vinegar miracle cure 9 hr soothed at last 1
injectable ivermectim 10 hr wantmylifeback 30
do you HAVE to go to work (school) with scabies... (Feb '09) 10 hr fellow sufferer 5
•••
•••
•••
•••