Brighton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Judged:

My mother came back from holiday with a sever case of scabies, and despite avoiding contact with her it was barely a week before I started getting bites.

I looked into the chemicals on the market and with the exception of sulfur they are all insecticides that work as neurotoxins. This means there are probably as yet underplayed-or undiscovered effects on how they effect us humans.

The problem with sulfur is that it takes over 4 days to work, it stinks, and burns like hell as it gets into their bites.
But I wasnít going to wait for some low level cream to arrive in the post, so my first attempt was with garlic.

1. I didnít want to dilute it with water so I simply peeled them, got a cheese scrater and smeared the resulting stuff on my skin. On bites it burns like a hot poker for about 15 minutes, and stinks to high heaven.
And despite wearing the same cloths, using 2 applications, and letting it be on my body for 4 days it only worked somewhat well. Basically after my wash I had a whole day of no biting before somehow new ones turned up again. Maybe it was just re-infection from shoes-or cloths? Maybe if I had left it more than 4 days the results would be better? But I work at a supermarket so with their smell, it wasnít really an option.

In addition some funus-molds that grow on rotten garlic are highly toxic. So I fell you should wash the stuff off after, at least 4 days (and itís difficult even in a hot bath). I would wash it off, even if I put a new application on afterwards.

NICOTINE IS INCREDIBLY TOXIC. Read my post properly or you may kill yourself.
2. So I did some more thinking and remembered how nicotine is used as an insecticide. I remember reading how the scabies mite is actually an insect (distantly related to dust mites), and how my grandparents used to use nicotine insecticides on their chickens roosts to kill their mites. In addition my grandfather used it in prisoner of war camp to kill his mites.

BUTÖ
Nicotine is EXTREMELY TOXIC. 100% of the nicotine from about 5 (strong) cigarettes will kill a man (thatís 60 thousandths of a gram).
Ad just one cigaretteís worth will make a toddler extremely ill.

The only reason why smokers can smoke more than 5 cigarettes is because about 92% is destroyed by the cigarettes burning, and only about 25% of the rest (i.e. 2% total) is absorbed from the smoke.
Nicotine is so incredibly powerful that one gram (about a cubic centimetre in volume) will kill over 15 adult men. This makes nicotine is one of the most deadly chemicals on earth.
So DO NOT!!! DO NOT!!! use nicotine insecticide (from off the shelf) on your body. It will kill you (for certain). And donít drink it!!!

Instead: Itís very important to understand how Nicotine Poisoning actually works so that you understand how to avoid exposing yourself to risk.
Top cut a long story short the poisoning works by overloading your neurons in your brain with information. This means the brain canít run your body.
BUT If you donít overload them youíll be fine.
In fact nicotine only has a biological half life in the body of about 2 hours (i.e. half is removed every 2 hours).
Thatís why smokers are able to consume (normally) deadly amounts of nicotine over a week, or indeed a lifetime.

In fact nicotine is a bit like alcohol as far as: One litre of vodka, in one hour, on an empty stomach will almost certainly kill you (thatís if you donít sick it up). But a litre of vodka over a week or month wonít. In fact this way you could easily do 12 litres over a year with no serious health effects.

WHAT I DIDÖ

Points to remember first: Nicotine is 100% soluble in water.
Nicotine is easily absorbed through the skin; this is how nicotine patches work.
Nicotine effects different people differently. Be very careful in what you do, maybe do you're own research or you might die.
Welty

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Judged:

What you did is ???? what? What form, how much, how long (an hour total?) Was this a total body treatment? How long have you felt cured? Over a month is what we on the site consider a cure.
Aha

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

I do not like to speculate, but this poster apparently used nicotine topically on scabies on skin. Maybe mixed 100% pure chewing tobacco with water and applied topically. Or steeped non chemical treated tobacco leaves in boiled water and applied as a topical tincture. Tobacco does kill parasites, that is why smokers have statistically less asthmatic conditions then non smokers (hookworms and microfilarial parasites, threadworm parasites etc infect the asthmatics lungs and liver)Studies found tobacco smokers have less asthma due to higher immune to these lung parasites because they smoke tobacco. Tobacco repels worms. That is why american indians and tribal communities and herbalists use tobacco as a medicine, for its anti helminth/anti worm properties.
As poster noted unless you do your homework on nicotine, applying it topically could be harmfull unless you know what you are doing.
Remember every non independant study you read could be a lie, SALESMEN and SALESWOMEN lie constantly to sell products, some SALESPEOPLE lie to sell misdiagnosis to make people sick to get more medical business. Bad mds are SALESPEOPLE who sell fabrication studies, no cure and misdiagnosis for thier own profit or ulterior motives. Pure research is INDEPENDANT RESEARCH not tied to any money, sale, product or ulterior motive. The BEST research is subjective self research, self trial and error based on self study and common sense,that works and helps you.
Interesting post on tobacco, bet it does kill scabies dermally. Topical dosage would be the critical factor.
Aha

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Judged:

http://www.pfi.iastate.edu/OFR/Anthelmintics....

A list of external and internal anti parasite treatments used by famers before synthetic anti parasite drugs were made.Tobacco is listed under letter t on list as a topical treatment. Trick is to kill the parasite and not kill the livestock.
Sam

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

A guy on safe2use site did this as recommended by Steve from the safe2use site. He ended up in ER. Don't try a tobacco topical.
Aha

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Judged:

Sam, you are the poster who tells people not to use garlic. That garlic is dangerous. That is simply an error on your part. You are also the poster who tells others you sleep with prostitutes in seedy hotels. Also aren't you a paid rep for permethren? And you definatly are the poster who has suffered crusted nodular scabies on your feet for five years with no cure. After using 100's of permethren treatments, soaking your feet in epsom salt etc, you still have nodular wounds that do not heal. I am no MD, as a parisitology researcher I think you may have syphilis and possibly aids as you post against healthy diet and clean living, etc,(aids is multiple parasite infection, 14 to 21 different parasites, co-morbidity, caused by bad diet and lifestyle), if you still advocate and frequent prostitutes Sam, you need std testing, the nodular non healing sores on your feet are indicative of late stage syphilis..Quest Labs are a nationwide std testing franchise. You may want to get a std test asap as syphilis corkscrew worms can penetrate your brain and cause blindness and dementia.
Good Luck
Sam

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Judged:

I said don't OD on garlic, as some people have. Garlic doesn't cure scabies. I made one hooker joke but have never been with one. I didn't have scabies for 5 years, but 2 years being misdiagnosed and losing time trying "natural cures". I don't have any sores, nodules, scabies, worms, parasites, aids or stds.

I did get a fungal infection after scabies, and that's why I still hang out here, to help some people who may think they still have scabies or parasites, but it's fungal, common after scabies. I'm not naming names, but just posting my own experience.
MR AL

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

Aha wrote:
Sam, you are the poster who tells people not to use garlic. That garlic is dangerous. That is simply an error on your part. You are also the poster who tells others you sleep with prostitutes in seedy hotels. Also aren't you a paid rep for permethren? And you definatly are the poster who has suffered crusted nodular scabies on your feet for five years with no cure. After using 100's of permethren treatments, soaking your feet in epsom salt etc, you still have nodular wounds that do not heal. I am no MD, as a parisitology researcher I think you may have syphilis and possibly aids as you post against healthy diet and clean living, etc,(aids is multiple parasite infection, 14 to 21 different parasites, co-morbidity, caused by bad diet and lifestyle), if you still advocate and frequent prostitutes Sam, you need std testing, the nodular non healing sores on your feet are indicative of late stage syphilis..Quest Labs are a nationwide std testing franchise. You may want to get a std test asap as syphilis corkscrew worms can penetrate your brain and cause blindness and dementia.
Good Luck
You honestly need to lay of Sam. Seriously.
Stephanie

Newmarket, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2009

Will Epsom salt baths actually kill the scabies.... My doctor said it would work but he is a little messed up if you know what I mean.... Please help me
James

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2009

Judged:

i tried jesse bristol's link in this thread and it was informative but not the cure we need.
The following link finally helped me cure it- http://scabies-cure.net
good luck
Stephanie

Newmarket, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

I cant get onto that website. and i dont have time to go to the doctors. what should i do
Tired

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Judged:

Stephanie - make the time and please go to the doctor. If you wait it will only get worse. I thought I just had some ecezma so I tried various creams and gels from the Rx and then was misdiagnosed. I believe the delay made it so much worse and harder to treat. The doctor will give you lotion which works for a lot of people. If the cream does not work they have Ivermectin pills. Only if the usual treatment(s) fail should you try alternative treatments. It only gets worse and if you think you don't have time now if you don't get rid of it quickly it can take over your life. Do yourself a big favor and go to the doctor. Good luck.
thomas

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

I am dying with no insurance so I can't go to the doctor...please help me.....email me @ thomasstubblefield@gmail.com
Bandit56

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Only TRYING TO HELP::If you want to help why didn't you post what you did??????"You said you cured scabies in an hour."Well reading your post you gave no proof of your claim.....You need to detail the.."WHAT..WHY..AND HOW MUCH" to be of help to people on this site....We all are looking for that magical cure,and you're post is helpless...Just a lot of rambling words that don't mean a thing...PERIOD...Sounds like you tried to get them drunk,and smoke them to death...
2405philly guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Listen people. For me epsom salt is the answer. It works well!! I will soak in it every chance I get to make sure the hooooooorible bugs don't get in me and eat me up. The sulfur in the epsom salt kills them I believe. Please try soakin in a hot bath with the salt every night or atleast 2 nights straight. It will work out hopefully everyone. I've cried over the thoughts and pains of scabies and hopefully I am finally fiinding the light. I'm not religious but I found myself praying to god being as though that seemed like the only hope left. Love u all.
todd

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

hi everyone

i am medical herbalist, and re: tobacco yes it is effective topically as a fomentation, liniment, ointment or poultice, and i wouldn't be over-concerned if it had a limited application - but for larger applications we might want to consider other herbs, for e.g. neem and turmeric, poke root, lakspur, but you should always consult a knowledgeable practitioner

in NA, check out the americanherbalistsguild.com for a resource near you (search by state/province)
todd

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

sorry, lakspur i sorta threw out there
really toxic, be very careful please
good for lice too...

neem is about the safest/most effective there is

any Qs send to todd@toddcaldecott.com
buggie

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

That's a classic post by aha. Sounds factual but I get a laugh out of it. I was a newbie when I read that post. I felt I stepped into a forum war zone.
truthbtold

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

2405philly guy wrote:
Listen people. For me epsom salt is the answer. It works well!! I will soak in it every chance I get to make sure the hooooooorible bugs don't get in me and eat me up. The sulfur in the epsom salt kills them I believe. Please try soakin in a hot bath with the salt every night or atleast 2 nights straight. It will work out hopefully everyone. I've cried over the thoughts and pains of scabies and hopefully I am finally fiinding the light. I'm not religious but I found myself praying to god being as though that seemed like the only hope left. Love u all.
Does epson salt REALLY WORK? I mean like cross your heart hope to die work? Cuz I hate these things.
truthbtold

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Judged:

Does epson salt REALLY WORK? IM TALKING CROSS YOUR HEART HOPE TO DIE WORK. I NEED REAL ANSWERS. AND DOES IT KILL THE EGGS?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of387
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

145 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Albendazole/Valbazen Cure (Dec '13) 16 min Jennifer 41
article: Doctors Report Super Scabies More Diff... (Jan '12) 2 hr FRED 40
Inspections, Compliance, Enforcement, and Crimi... 3 hr FRED 4
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 9 hr scared 523
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 9 hr lspig 849
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) Fri MeHere 187
Suicide because of Scabies? (Oct '09) Fri Worried 197
•••
•••