I looked into the chemicals on the market and with the exception of sulfur they are all insecticides that work as neurotoxins. This means there are probably as yet underplayed-or undiscovered effects on how they effect us humans.
The problem with sulfur is that it takes over 4 days to work, it stinks, and burns like hell as it gets into their bites.
But I wasnít going to wait for some low level cream to arrive in the post, so my first attempt was with garlic.
1. I didnít want to dilute it with water so I simply peeled them, got a cheese scrater and smeared the resulting stuff on my skin. On bites it burns like a hot poker for about 15 minutes, and stinks to high heaven.
And despite wearing the same cloths, using 2 applications, and letting it be on my body for 4 days it only worked somewhat well. Basically after my wash I had a whole day of no biting before somehow new ones turned up again. Maybe it was just re-infection from shoes-or cloths? Maybe if I had left it more than 4 days the results would be better? But I work at a supermarket so with their smell, it wasnít really an option.
In addition some funus-molds that grow on rotten garlic are highly toxic. So I fell you should wash the stuff off after, at least 4 days (and itís difficult even in a hot bath). I would wash it off, even if I put a new application on afterwards.
NICOTINE IS INCREDIBLY TOXIC. Read my post properly or you may kill yourself.
2. So I did some more thinking and remembered how nicotine is used as an insecticide. I remember reading how the scabies mite is actually an insect (distantly related to dust mites), and how my grandparents used to use nicotine insecticides on their chickens roosts to kill their mites. In addition my grandfather used it in prisoner of war camp to kill his mites.
Nicotine is EXTREMELY TOXIC. 100% of the nicotine from about 5 (strong) cigarettes will kill a man (thatís 60 thousandths of a gram).
Ad just one cigaretteís worth will make a toddler extremely ill.
The only reason why smokers can smoke more than 5 cigarettes is because about 92% is destroyed by the cigarettes burning, and only about 25% of the rest (i.e. 2% total) is absorbed from the smoke.
Nicotine is so incredibly powerful that one gram (about a cubic centimetre in volume) will kill over 15 adult men. This makes nicotine is one of the most deadly chemicals on earth.
So DO NOT!!! DO NOT!!! use nicotine insecticide (from off the shelf) on your body. It will kill you (for certain). And donít drink it!!!
Instead: Itís very important to understand how Nicotine Poisoning actually works so that you understand how to avoid exposing yourself to risk.
Top cut a long story short the poisoning works by overloading your neurons in your brain with information. This means the brain canít run your body.
BUT If you donít overload them youíll be fine.
In fact nicotine only has a biological half life in the body of about 2 hours (i.e. half is removed every 2 hours).
Thatís why smokers are able to consume (normally) deadly amounts of nicotine over a week, or indeed a lifetime.
In fact nicotine is a bit like alcohol as far as: One litre of vodka, in one hour, on an empty stomach will almost certainly kill you (thatís if you donít sick it up). But a litre of vodka over a week or month wonít. In fact this way you could easily do 12 litres over a year with no serious health effects.
WHAT I DIDÖ
Points to remember first: Nicotine is 100% soluble in water.
Nicotine is easily absorbed through the skin; this is how nicotine patches work.
Nicotine effects different people differently. Be very careful in what you do, maybe do you're own research or you might die.