Could a small percentage of people here have fleas in the home & don't know it?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

DHR

Sacramento, CA

#1 Jun 29, 2013
After I got over mites, I still from time to time found and felt bites on myself. I thought I had mites again. I would treat myself with Ivermectin, but I never really seemed to get over the bites, itching, and scratching, and it wasn't post scabies. Many times I wondered why the Ivermectin wasn't working when it worked so well before. I'm convinced now that it was most likely fleas that got into the house before or after I got over the mites. Fleas can be very tiny and hard to see. You may not notice them until your house is totally infested, and they are jumping everywhere.
http://insects.about.com/od/fleas/f/can-fleas...
vss

Hollywood, FL

#2 Jun 29, 2013
DHR wrote:
After I got over mites, I still from time to time found and felt bites on myself. I thought I had mites again. I would treat myself with Ivermectin, but I never really seemed to get over the bites, itching, and scratching, and it wasn't post scabies. Many times I wondered why the Ivermectin wasn't working when it worked so well before. I'm convinced now that it was most likely fleas that got into the house before or after I got over the mites. Fleas can be very tiny and hard to see. You may not notice them until your house is totally infested, and they are jumping everywhere.
http://insects.about.com/od/fleas/f/can-fleas...
okay, well, first off, if you have pets, you KNOW about parasites. It comes with owning pets.

Fleas are very visible. Their feces are very visible.

You don't take a medicine like ivermectin, which is very toxic, unless you know exactly what you are dealing with.

Mites are not visible, at all.

So, best thing is to get a diagnosis through a dermatologist and/or bring your pets to the vet and get a diagnosis as to exactly what is going on with them. The vet will administer the meds and give you something like revolution, which fights both fleas and mites and ticks.

You never want to use a toxic substance unless and until you know what you are dealing with.

Fleas just don't get into the house. There must be a HOST for them, and that is usually a domestic animal. If they are feeding off of you, you can see them.

The insect growth regulators, like martins, is very effective in controlling the infestation of fleas. Go to doyourownpestcontrol.com and purchase cyonara, a knockdown and residual, mix with the insect growth regulator, and NO MORE FLEAS, MITES, TICKS, or any other bug that had made your home their home.

There are spot ons that you can use on your pets, that contain IGR, too.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 11, 2013
The difference between mites and scabies would be noticeable after a few weeks as the itching becomes more intense and clusters of rashes start developing. At this time you would likely notice scabies burrows under the skin.

Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 8 hr Amanda Wealthintaste 4,350
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 8 hr kimgoingcrazy 935
Does this look like Scabies? 10 hr all is well 8
Can scabies breathe underwater/swim? (Feb '09) 10 hr all is well 61
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines Fri Riverliver 37
If you CANT get rid of scabies, please read! (Oct '13) Fri KayLethal 23
Eurax got rid of Scabies, then got Scabies from... (Jun '09) Fri jaxscabies 17
More from around the web