Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question...
almost there

Albuquerque, NM

#168 Aug 21, 2009
Wow...I'll try it...I'll try anything...I got another speck of a bite today and my heart sank...Tomorrow...I will got get some of that armor hammer soap!!! Hope things keep getting better for you.
BILL IN MICH

Jackson, MI

#169 Aug 21, 2009
Hi SKF

May I ask a question ?
I would love to try the soap ,
what is the soap
is it the
''Arm and Hammer laundry booster''? Or the
Arm & hammer powdered soap ?

And how much water & how much soap do
you use

Thanks ,Bill

ps I keep getting reinfected from parks trees, docks, old truck etc
SKF wrote:
WELL "ALMOST THERE" i know ive done said this but i am so amazed about the armor hammer powdered soap and water , i only soaked in it twice but i spray around my house inside and out once a week .ive not felt anything for a while now .i just cant believe it !!! they are being killed by this stuff or it was just time for them to die but i can not begin to express the relief im in folks .the only trouble im having right now is the high blood pressure i cant get under control because of the long term stress with out a break .and the nausea still from all the chemicals ive had on my skin ,in my lungs,and probably eaten .all that was so not worth it .now i live in poverty because of this that moved in on me in may of 07 .ive tried everything and it would ease up and come back .this time its not .
my husband and i also are getting a divorce because of everything thats happened and im left all alone with no means of doing anything im in college now so maybe i can look back someday and shake my head and think wow i am a strong ass woman .ive noticed that the spray is also killing the ants and spiders and gnats which have been bad bad bad this year .i know there is insecticidal soap so i thought id just come up with my own .god couldve better yet just answered my prayers i dont know .best of luck to you .things will get better and then you can honestly say"theres nothing i cant handle today"
skf

Glasgow, KY

#170 Aug 21, 2009
the first time i used half a scoop that came inside the box.the second week i used the whole scoop and have not had to use it sence .its weird but its worked ..i also put two scoops in my bugsprayer and soak the the outside of my house .im sure they were in the mulch we had out there around the edges of the ground around the house .i just used armor hammer laundry soap (the fine powder )i would not say this if it werent true .one box is about 6 bucks .ive took a bath in it twice and ive sprayed with it about 4 times .and i still have alot left .i just think about all the money i have spent on chemicals and lotions and creams and clothes and medicines and doctors and after spending 6 bucks i got the relief i have .dont make sence but i think people need to know about it so they can soon get a good nights sleep .i was willing to die to find something that worked .i have kept a journal of everything ive been through since day one .
BILL IN MICH

Jackson, MI

#171 Aug 21, 2009
Wow sounds great,

Just plain ARM & HAMMER® Powder Laundry Detergent ?

not with whitners or anything ?

How long have you had the bug bugging you ?

Thanks ,BIll
skf wrote:
the first time i used half a scoop that came inside the box.the second week i used the whole scoop and have not had to use it sence .its weird but its worked ..i also put two scoops in my bugsprayer and soak the the outside of my house .im sure they were in the mulch we had out there around the edges of the ground around the house .i just used armor hammer laundry soap (the fine powder )i would not say this if it werent true .one box is about 6 bucks .ive took a bath in it twice and ive sprayed with it about 4 times .and i still have alot left .i just think about all the money i have spent on chemicals and lotions and creams and clothes and medicines and doctors and after spending 6 bucks i got the relief i have .dont make sence but i think people need to know about it so they can soon get a good nights sleep .i was willing to die to find something that worked .i have kept a journal of everything ive been through since day one .
skf

Glasgow, KY

#172 Aug 22, 2009
just plain old powder detergent
no additives
i had them for 2 1/2 years so i know exactly what its like .
thats why i will tell you what worked .i lost everything that meant anything and now going through a divorce but the freedom im having now is pushing me forward .
Bill in Mich

Jackson, MI

#173 Aug 22, 2009
SKF you rule

Thanks you so much

I heading to buy a box now

Sorry about your marriage, it will work out, keep the faith and turn the other cheek and watch the blessings overtake you, pressed down shaken together and running over.

He is faithful
Jesus is Lord

Bill
skf wrote:
just plain old powder detergent
no additives
i had them for 2 1/2 years so i know exactly what its like .
thats why i will tell you what worked .i lost everything that meant anything and now going through a divorce but the freedom im having now is pushing me forward .
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#174 Aug 22, 2009
For those of you who have tried everything under the sun, and who have had these mites for more than 8 months, please join birdmitesorg yahoo group. you will find plenty of help on this group.

just an FYI for folks who can't beat these little buggers.
skf

Glasgow, KY

#175 Aug 22, 2009
Bill in Mich wrote:
SKF you rule
Thanks you so much
I heading to buy a box now
Sorry about your marriage, it will work out, keep the faith and turn the other cheek and watch the blessings overtake you, pressed down shaken together and running over.
He is faithful
Jesus is Lord
Bill
<quoted text>
fith is a big part of it
skf

Glasgow, KY

#176 Aug 23, 2009
i meant to say faith ...
FAITH IS A BIG PART OF IT .
Bill in Mich

Jackson, MI

#177 Aug 23, 2009
Hi SKF

I bought the box of arm and hammer powder , sprayed kitchen , so far no bugs , I leaves a nice residue that is vry fine and powdery, I like it it should last a while killing bugs.

How long have you been using the arm and hammer ?

has it been a few weeks ?

How long have you had these good results

Thanks again !

God bless you ,
Bill
skf wrote:
i meant to say faith ...
FAITH IS A BIG PART OF IT .
skf

Glasgow, KY

#178 Aug 23, 2009
Bill in Mich wrote:
Hi SKF
I bought the box of arm and hammer powder , sprayed kitchen , so far no bugs , I leaves a nice residue that is vry fine and powdery, I like it it should last a while killing bugs.
How long have you been using the arm and hammer ?
has it been a few weeks ?
How long have you had these good results
Thanks again !
God bless you ,
Bill
<quoted text>
bill ,ive only took a bath in it twice and havnt felt the need to again yet ,,ive sprayed outside three times but i intend to continue that at least once a week just to be sure .it kills other bugs to and i like that....hope it works for you to so you can feel better .
Bill in Mich

Jackson, MI

#179 Aug 23, 2009
Hi SKF

What date did you start the arm and hammer use

Thanks,
BIll
skf wrote:
<quoted text>bill ,ive only took a bath in it twice and havnt felt the need to again yet ,,ive sprayed outside three times but i intend to continue that at least once a week just to be sure .it kills other bugs to and i like that....hope it works for you to so you can feel better .
almost there

Albuquerque, NM

#180 Aug 23, 2009
Hi SKF and Bill,
I have soaked in the arm and hammer 3 times now...I don't know if it is working, because I get one little mini-bite a day still...but they keep getting smaller.
I have got to switch off it, because it is really drying out my skin. I am in the desert and it is hard enough on my skin as it is, and all the other stuff I have put on my skin in this process.
I will report how tomorrow goes.
I am looking forward to bite free days.
It is very silly that my code name here is "almost there".
Gave myself that name weeks ago when I thought I was near the end once again and wasn't there.
Bill in Mich

Jackson, MI

#181 Aug 24, 2009
Hi SKF and almost there

So far so good I sprayed every inch of my house , walls, ceilings , floor, vents, under and over all of it and so far they seem to be gone.( its been one day) The computer still is a source of bugs, I gas it daily with co2 in a ziplock bag , but the still comback. Maybe menthol crystals in the rubbermaid tub with a potpouri warmer and menthol crystill will make it smell like the want to leave the computer alone and crawl out in to the arm and hammer soap residue and die.

miteyman posted on www.birdmite.org

He says and I quote:
""By the way, one thing I used that I found helpful (and not sure I ever saw anyone else on the group mention) was Victor's Poison-Free Ant & Roach Killer.(you can get it on Amazon.) It is based on menthol, and since menthol worked great in Gold Bond, Mint Syrup cleared them from my throat, and Mint Head and Shoulders got them off my hair and body, I figured this would work well for spraying areas where I frequently got crawlers and biters.(Menthol is made from Peppermint.) It was probably another one of the things that worked well getting these mostly gone.(other things: Windex as area spray, dehumidiers round the clock, gold bond lotion after showers, microwaving clothing.) "

Now to soak in Arm and Hammer , I will test one leg and see how I react to the soap chemicals

Thanks

BIll

ps skf how long has it been that you have been in this blissfull buglessness we all dream of ?
almost there wrote:
Hi SKF and Bill,
I have soaked in the arm and hammer 3 times now...I don't know if it is working, because I get one little mini-bite a day still...but they keep getting smaller.
I have got to switch off it, because it is really drying out my skin. I am in the desert and it is hard enough on my skin as it is, and all the other stuff I have put on my skin in this process.
I will report how tomorrow goes.
I am looking forward to bite free days.
It is very silly that my code name here is "almost there".
Gave myself that name weeks ago when I thought I was near the end once again and wasn't there.
bitdmitestorture d

United States

#182 Aug 31, 2009
almost there wrote:
Well, I am prepping for the fog routine as we speak.
Will definitely post my results when I have any real results to report.
Did you know that the problem can be solved and you can still get bites from critters that are in your system and coming to the surface?..for 7 to 15 days after the infestation to your home is solved.
They are air-born and you breathe them and they are in your blood stream...hence, the need for the horrible medicine...it needs to kill them in your system, systemically.
Lovely thought, huh?
Dave, the saint, told me that.
I took it last friday and have one more dose...a little scared to take it...the side effects are intense...but, as I said to a friend, "Yeah! I am willing to take poison to have this be over with."
Sounds like anyone that suffers from these horrible creatures would be too.
I will heal my body later...when I have a "life" again!!!!
Although I'm still fighting them in my apartment, the only place where they don't go is my bathroom because is all tiled up, I've found that the easier way to get them out of my body and kill them once they are out is by rising my body temperature, these critters are very sensitive to a temperature change, and I do rise my body temperature either doing some sport or going to a sauna and stay there as long as I can. About 10 minutes ia hot sauna and I start feeling them crawling out from my nose, ears, butt, etc. then I spray them with a mixture of 50/50 alcohol & water. What I don't understand is why etomologist insist that bird mites can't live off their original hosts, birds when it is not true!
Scared of Scabies

Toronto, Canada

#183 Sep 14, 2009
Hello everyone
i just been diagnosed that i have scabies. they are all over me .. burrows and the more i read about how they're going to hatch in the next 7 days makes my stomache turn and I am so afraid and hope that i didn't infect my parents when i went over there to visit. i haven't been able to sleep. i woke up scared and afraid because i live alone and just thinking about being infested scares the life out of me. please help, i don't know what to do with my couch and my mattress... I am afraid to go near it and rather sleep on any other hard surface in my home.

Lyl

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#184 Sep 14, 2009
Scared of Scabies wrote:
Hello everyone
i just been diagnosed that i have scabies. they are all over me .. burrows and the more i read about how they're going to hatch in the next 7 days makes my stomache turn and I am so afraid and hope that i didn't infect my parents when i went over there to visit. i haven't been able to sleep. i woke up scared and afraid because i live alone and just thinking about being infested scares the life out of me. please help, i don't know what to do with my couch and my mattress... I am afraid to go near it and rather sleep on any other hard surface in my home.
First of all: DON'T PANIC. I recommend you to stay as calm as possible and start treating along with doing good cleaning and laudering. I assume that you doctor gave you some medication. Before you take it make sure that you have at least one clean zone in your home to stay and fresh and clean clothes to use after treatment. What did your doctor prescribe to you?
Elena Puerto Rico

Ceiba, Puerto Rico

#185 Sep 14, 2009
hopeful wrote:
Hi Itchy,
I used the Permethrin 5% on my face and scalp without any problems. The best informed MD I saw endorsed that.
Itchiness after treatment is considered normal. Personally I had to add Ivermectin to my treatment schedule in order to get to where I am now-- clearing up a few recent bites I suspect came from a carpeted environment.
As for laundry, I've been extra cautious and I do isolate worn clothes in plastic bags before
laundering. I use either borax or Benzy Benzoate as a laundry additive. The BB I've found to be especially helpful for dark clothing. Making sure clothes get bone dry seems to be critical-- depending on your type of dryer-- I've been drying things for at least an hour avoiding overloading the dryer. Sometimes I iron things afterwards as an extra measure. I really watch the laundry technique since I may have been reinfected by clothing early on.
Good LUck!
For delicate clothes that can not be dried in the dryer etc... I wash my underwear and drip dry then put in a plastic bag into the freezer for TWO nights and that has definitely done the trick.. My purse goes in overnight, my bookbag and my pillow every morning....
but I still have scabies because the permethrin will not kill the things and have not been wanting to use lindane but may HAVE to...
xcl

Brooklyn, NY

#186 Oct 27, 2009
can i use ivomec horse injectable orally for scabies? do you guys know at what dose i should take this. will the injectable be absorbed if i take it orally?
Jenna

Keystone Heights, FL

#187 Oct 28, 2009
I too just found out that I had scabies, and just the thought is making me phychotic. I too tried to scrape the eggs out of my skin, and did indeed give myself a staph infection. I am on antibiotics, and my doctor said that the scabies are dead, but I can still feel crawling, and keep getting more bumps. I was treated with Lincane, and used that 5 times (more than you are suppose too), but I was so worried. I have two small kids, and I am on the verge of a breakdown worrying that they will get this. I can certainly understand you anguish and frustration. I'm there with you, and we will get through this.

Jenna
cami wrote:
just a little preface: after being monogamous for 8 years & breaking off that relationship, i decided to finally "have fun" in my 30th year of age. well, when i finally went to the doctor to fnd out what the hell was wrong with me & became diagnosed...i freaked. i cannot live knowing that there are things on me laying eggs under my skin. i thought i'd be proactive and try to dig out the eggs, and now i have horrible scrapes all over my body. has anyone done this before? how else are they supposed to come out?? this is completely intolerable-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apple Cider Vinegar (Jul '12) 1 hr Lynn 31
After months and months its NOT scabies!!!!! (Jun '09) 1 hr tryingtocureit 81
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 1 hr Lynn 1,422
post nodular scabies, does it ever end? (Mar '09) 1 hr Lynn 61
News Scabies. 4 hr John Latham 2
How can you get rid of scabies? 4 hr John Latham 2
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 15 hr Melanie RAPHAEL 823
More from around the web