Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about premethrin...

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Comments (Page 20)

Showing posts 381 - 400 of477
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
16withscabies ehh

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

and after treating with pemethrin I felt like it worked. I was just waiting for it to stop itching. but I still itch but I can't tell wether it's because of my severe dry skin or what. but it been 2 weeks after having a treatment once a week for three weeks.
Thi sux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Scabies suck had them 6 years wont go away..and spread easy...nothing left to try...
Bill

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Hi thi

Many many people at www.birdmites.org were cured after. Using alot of products to clean and alot of cremes and mixes

It is free and people there are helpful , all that. Have Ben cured moved pn to other interests but thier procedurescare still posted , and you can read them at the forum

Write me if you need any help

Here is the link

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...

Many now think it is Lyme disease and take antibioticsike doxycyline and clean the house out then scrub ot wit borax then Lysol then.spray nylar growth regulator.. There are thousands of post you can read

God bless you Thi

, Bill

doe1769@yahoo.com

use the words Jesus is Lord in the subject and I will see it
skin crawling

Cookstown, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

After 2x premetherin doses a week apart i'm trying this next.same issue as before,not sure if it has worked,still have symptoms,freaking out.
This solution is natural and makes sense to me after hearing how inaffective the prescribed drugs are and trying them myself.(except the part about putting your bed legs in pans/trays,that seems nuts!)
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread16...
cant shake it

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

My son has scabbies he is 21 are we able to use lindane... placing all over except face let sit for 5 minutes then lather up and wash will this help and or cure this mess
Star

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

so... i have scabies, my x gave them to me and its awful i tried bleach baths it helped for alittle while but the itching kept getting worse im really scared and embarrassed but i just dont know what to do or who else to turn to i tried telling my mom i need to go to the doctor but she keeps telling me no are there any home remedies i can try? i keep looking up new ways to try to get rid of them but i wana know what works
Sandy

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Have you finally cured the problem? Did the fumeigation nip it in the butt?
Mel wrote:
I hate scabies. I am from Sydney Australia and these little buggers have ruined my life for over 4 months now. Let alone cost us a fortune. My daughter was misdiagnosed for nearly 3 months. My husband and i started itching and i took us all to the doctors and finally got diagnosed with scabies. What a nightmare, we have treated 4 times the first 2 times the cream we were given wasn't effective enough and the second 2 times we used Lyclear.We have torn our house to pieces and washed/steamcleaned everything. I also got the house fumigated and bombed the cars with Flea bombs as they contain permethrin. If it's not enough to do all this i am still so itchy which from all forums i have been reading this is Post scabies itch..I really hope it is...don't think i could handle being infested again.
Hope all that have been through this are now clear and on road to recovery :)
anonymous

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

I bet those questions can be answered by veterans affairs employees. Scabies is frequently at VA medical facilities. They will often put a scabies patient right next to patients that don't have it. Infected rooms are disinfected, but they will take the infected patient and put the person in a room with "clean" patients like it is no big deal. VA medical facilities are toilets, even though they know proper procedures and such
Rhonda

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

We've been fighting scabies for almost 5 months in my home and my daughters'. We use the permethryn, the continual laundry, the baths, scrubing with apricot scrub and on and on. I'm itching like crazy. My baby granddaughter has had them so bad she was in the hospital twice - and the hospital called CPS. CPS has been to their house and to my house. Its a nightmare. I try to keep my daughter from coming over so we can get each house 'clean' of them but she still comes over because 2 of her children live with me. I'm going nuts with the nodules and bleeding holes. Will it ever stop?
Rhonda

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Added Note: One of my grandsons has not been attacked - he is 4 years old. Neither has my son in law. All the rest of us are battling daily. We've followed all the rules but still we have them - then my daughter buys my granddaughter a used toddler bed - and now we have bedbugs! All of our beds have been tossed. The bedbugs are not in my livingroom so we sleep in there, hoping the bug bombs will do their job. I cannot afford new beds, so my unbitten by scabies grandson and I sleep on the couch and my oldest grandson age 9 sleeps on an ottoman pushed up against a padded chair. sigh...
Bill

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Hi Rhonda

I know about this bug, it is alot of work , there is a forum where many are cured , they have alot of tips to speed the elimination of the bug. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...
Arm and hammer powdered version type not liquid works wonders 1 cup in the bath and soak head to toe for 30 mins it is painless, 1 cup in a chapin brand garden sprayer, they don't clog, and add 1 cup to that with 1 gal of water and soak everything.1 tbls in each shoe dry and shake it around and leave for 1-8 hrs ends them in the shoes for good. You cant breathe even a little of the dry arm and hammer soap it contains sodium carbonate, which is hard on the lungs, but it kilss bugs for good , after they are gone from the dry a & h soap , I use 2 tbl plan baking soada daily to keep them out for good.
To stop an itch I use this it stops the itch in 3 mins and is painless, it cures cuts and holes and lesions in 10 days :

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...

The mix:
2 tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax neutralizes the peroxide, it is painless & there is no fizz or burning from this mix & it is cheap

If they are deep ones I use
8 tbls borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.

( even just 1 tsp borax & 1 cup of water applied to the skin or scalp after a shower & left on or to bad areas with an absorbant cotton rag for30 mins , 2 times per day for 1-2 week draws out this bug & kills this bug.)

I learend a;l this at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...

God bless you ,

BIll

write anytime if you need help , I remember this bug and its trouble only to well,

but it is a bug , kill it will die . Most important pray to God for help, He is a very present help in times of trouble

doe1769@yahoo.com
Rhonda wrote:
Added Note: One of my grandsons has not been attacked - he is 4 years old. Neither has my son in law. All the rest of us are battling daily. We've followed all the rules but still we have them - then my daughter buys my granddaughter a used toddler bed - and now we have bedbugs! All of our beds have been tossed. The bedbugs are not in my livingroom so we sleep in there, hoping the bug bombs will do their job. I cannot afford new beds, so my unbitten by scabies grandson and I sleep on the couch and my oldest grandson age 9 sleeps on an ottoman pushed up against a padded chair. sigh...
FRED

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Bill wrote:
Hi Rhonda
I know about this bug, it is alot of work , there is a forum where many are cured , they have alot of tips to speed the elimination of the bug. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...
Arm and hammer powdered version type not liquid works wonders 1 cup in the bath and soak head to toe for 30 mins it is painless, 1 cup in a chapin brand garden sprayer, they don't clog, and add 1 cup to that with 1 gal of water and soak everything.1 tbls in each shoe dry and shake it around and leave for 1-8 hrs ends them in the shoes for good. You cant breathe even a little of the dry arm and hammer soap it contains sodium carbonate, which is hard on the lungs, but it kilss bugs for good , after they are gone from the dry a & h soap , I use 2 tbl plan baking soada daily to keep them out for good.
To stop an itch I use this it stops the itch in 3 mins and is painless, it cures cuts and holes and lesions in 10 days :
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...
The mix:
2 tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax neutralizes the peroxide, it is painless & there is no fizz or burning from this mix & it is cheap
If they are deep ones I use
8 tbls borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.
( even just 1 tsp borax & 1 cup of water applied to the skin or scalp after a shower & left on or to bad areas with an absorbant cotton rag for30 mins , 2 times per day for 1-2 week draws out this bug & kills this bug.)
I learend a;l this at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...
God bless you ,
BIll
write anytime if you need help , I remember this bug and its trouble only to well,
but it is a bug , kill it will die . Most important pray to God for help, He is a very present help in times of trouble
doe1769@yahoo.com
<quoted text>
Why would anyone want this kind of "help" . what's it been 5 years now you're infected still?
FRED

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Rhonda wrote:
Bed bugs now carry many pathogenic bacteria as well as Lyme spirochetes.

http://lymediseaseguide.org/lyme-disease-from...

"Those pathogens studied most in relation to transmission by bedbugs include Coxiella burnetii, Wolbachia spp., Aspergillus spp., T. cruzi, and both hepatitis B virus and human immunodeficiency virus, all of which appear to be good candidates for transmission by these pests. In the 1963 review by Burton, two species of Borrelia were found in bedbugs, namely Borrelia recurrentis and Borrelia duttoni and, although differences arise between subspecies of bacteria, this may indicate the potential for bedbugs to act as a vector for Lyme disease bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato."
Christ is Risen

Butler, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

itchy wrote:
i have gone to 4 drs. they all say i have eczema,they gave me loads of creams,rash is gone but i feel like i have the worst sun burn is this common with scabies or do i have eczema my skin is so dry and itchy it is on the outside of my thigh and the middle of my back
Hi, you have probably found out by now whether you had scabies back then, but I would say if that is the only place you have dry, itchy skin it is NOT scabies. Scabies like moist warm places like armpits, in between your fingers, genital areas, toes and then when you scratch they spread! Me and my whole family are being treated for scabies at this time.
1itchyMofo

Barstow, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Star wrote:
so... i have scabies, my x gave them to me and its awful i tried bleach baths it helped for alittle while but the itching kept getting worse im really scared and embarrassed but i just dont know what to do or who else to turn to i tried telling my mom i need to go to the doctor but she keeps telling me no are there any home remedies i can try? i keep looking up new ways to try to get rid of them but i wana know what works
just go to the dr. Ive been there a few times and they said heat rash,i called bullshit. walking by my daughters room i seen her microscope out (mine,gave it to her thought it was like the ones I had as a kid) got the tweezers yanked what I thought was ingrown hair,put it under microscope (just wondering what one looked like) HOLY CAPITAL C RAP! Back to the dr and pronto
still itchy

Brownsville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

I've used the Perm cream but I was told by my doctor not to use it often. A friend has the same problems and said that she took a shower and her husband spread it on again. There is no other way to kill anything moving. I used it frequently and hope I have not done my body and serious damage. I seem to finally be at a place where I don't seem to have any new bites and have used nothing for a couple of days but sulfur soap from Walmart in the shower. I expect more to hatch and am watching closely but so far...so good. No one is calling me to go out with them. Cowards! I itch worse than ever and the bites are fading...well most of them. Again, like for chiggers...putting nail polish on the bites stops the air from reaching the bite and it stops itching. I assume it also stops the meds from getting in. It does wash off quickly.
tennessee

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

if u roll u a piece of Charmin ultra up in a ball. works best.lol. wet it with cold water and roll it over the burrow bedding material. I like to call it comes out.then use that after dampening the burrow. masks of diatamaceous earth, permetrin, bug away sulfur, vaseline.I have been pulling mites and eggs out. crazy. didn't know what it was. crazier than I ever could have imagined. Im gonna make my second chance worth it. thought sure I was dying for the longest. this having been a nightmarish experience.He has taught me so much through it and I'm gonna use it for good.He is with us all the time.")
Alice

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

i was so suck of using permethrin because i noticed defects from using it, it get small head aches and small muscle spazzims, it was just not making my body happy and i was scared there were long term effects of the use if this toxin. So i researched some natural treatments. Right now, other than doing the clean sweep of my house and clothes everyday, im mostly using clove bud oil every night (sometimes just straight on the skin but usually with coconut oil) and about every 3 days i mix cayenne pepper with zink cream and spread the paste on the area. I keep it om for about an hour, burns like hell but id rather feel this Burn every day for the rest of the year than have these mites on my body for another week.

I feel like im taking the a-bomb approach here and leaving no chance even at the temporary expense of my skin and the pain.
Shower and scrub every night before bed to get those young ones that surface.
My problem was that i backed off the treatments after several weeks thinking they are home only to have them comeback in a.months time. Researching their life cycle informed me that they can live for about that time on the body. So for a minimal of 2-3months im not relenting. They are gone, no itching no bumps, skin coming back to its natural tone. They will have no place on my body and good luck finding any hospitality on my skin. The cayanne does an amazing effective job, the burn is almost a releaf feeling now. Its natural cheap and worked for me.

Good luck to everyone out there, i hope we all get rid of every single mite.
srj

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

use neem oil effective than others
Elena in PR

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

cami wrote:
so do these (gulp) eggs & burrows & feces...omg.
do these just go away after the mites are killed? How?? Oh, BTW- i have been to the 2 best dermatologists in town and was mis diagnosed on several occasions when nothing was working. i finally went to a gen practitioner b/c i just knew they were both wrong. My Dr. diagnosed me & i finally felt like that is was def scabies. he gave me that permethrin. i've used it 2 times now. i still feel like they are alive. yeck.sadly, i feel a little better after scraping the burrows out with a razor blade. i know this isn't good, but i can't handle this.
Since I went through absolute hell and back with scabies a few years ago I want to add a few comments...( aside from getting a divorce and selling your home) sometimes the most effective treatment is quite different than all I read here and what the AMA says...

1. try the permithian because if you have a variety of scabies that is suscetible to it, you are in LUCK.. however many varieties do not NOT get killed by it..

there is a simpler solution that works wonders: Original Windex and Neutrogena face wash for acne with salycitic acid ( asprin!) at 2 %.

several time per day cover yourself with Windex, head to toe.. let it dry.. it does not hurt you ( except where the scabies have dug deep it will sting.. good sting...) then soap up your whole body and hair with the acne soap.( orange color). This kills all crawling scabies on your body and those that have not burrowed deeply YET. On the spots that are too deep to respond use a cotton soaked in acetone ( yes ACETONE) but only in small areas and do not do too much at once.. takes time.... DIABETICS should NOT use acetone, your body turns it into sugar.

You will eventually get rid of almost all the superficial and semi superficial scabies 'nests' but a few really deep ones will remain. Take a Q tip, dip it in Lindane and apply to the remaining spots. maybe again 7 days later. you will be free of scabies..... BUT they will come back and back if they are in the environement.

You MUST mop the floor with clorox daily.. yes, they ARE on the floors. You must freeze everything in bags for 48 hours that can not be washed and dried in a very hot dryer.....

I just had some house guests who brought scabies back into my house and I sit everyday spraying Windex ( original) on every place that I even imagine itches...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 381 - 400 of477
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

147 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Post Scabies vs. Active Scabies 58 min Leede 1
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) 1 hr love it 182
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 9 hr boyohboy 4,010
Albendazole (Valbazen) Curing Me (Oct '13) 9 hr Flossy 719
How does vaseline work? (Dec '09) 10 hr killingthem 32
What WORKS and MISCONCEPTIONS - My Story 10 hr sufferer 6
apple cider vinegar miracle cure 11 hr soothed at last 1
•••
•••
•••
•••