disgusted

Davenport, IA

#374 Nov 3, 2012
the dr should also prescribe you a steroid cream which will help with the itching and bumps until they r completely gone
Doc----lol

Enosburg Falls, VT

#375 Nov 5, 2012
Have been treating with the prescribed permethrin and it seems to be doing it's job. I just read about the mix of oils and think I'll give that a try as the $$ are dwindling. Will let everyone know in a few weeks. Be safe and be well.
Doc
ella

Milan, Italy

#376 Nov 11, 2012
i got a scabies a month ago.... i read alot of post to get rid of them ... but then again it helps to ease the itching but not killed the egg inside the skin ... so i called my friend doctor which is 1000 miles away from me...my friend doctor told me.... its not prescribed but do this it will help you out alot... get cotton balls put hydrogen peroxide rub it tons of times until you see the white hole like a egg shell... then clean it with 100% alcohol ... then put the permethrin cream ... do it all the infected area or do it all over your body...just few days or a week they are almost gone ... but you still have to do it again just to make sure they will not come back.... note: put patches in every infected area after doing it.. because you will see alot of juices will come out on infected area .. just to make sure other part of body will not get infected... furniture you can buy anti mites spray in pharmacy... clothes have to clean about 90 heat to kill the mites... goodluck everyone .. hope will help you guys...
Canac51

Plattsburgh, NY

#377 Nov 25, 2012
I have seen little oval white thing on my skin they are also in the holes on my skin. Does anyone have these little white things on there skin ??
Scabies babies

Caledonia, IL

#378 Dec 14, 2012
Use sulfur soap. Sulfur is toxic to the mites and if showered with regularly will cure scabies after the reproduction cycle stops. It doesn't smell bad either, it's super cheap (check out ebay $2-$5 for a bar.
Freelovemites

Austin, TX

#379 Dec 20, 2012
My girlfriend had the worst infestation of scabies I seen in a coons age. She had them horribly around the vaginal area. Now since I visited that area for a few hours last night I too have scabies. My mites have cozied into my hair and eyebrows. occasionally they'll vacation to my eyelashes. I dont mind them at all. I love when Im talking to my friends and the say "dude theres a freaking crab crawling down your soul patch. Chick's really dig it. Lets learn to appreciate these little pests and try to see the real beauty they bring to this world.
Freelovemites

Austin, TX

#380 Dec 20, 2012
Canac51 wrote:
I have seen little oval white thing on my skin they are also in the holes on my skin. Does anyone have these little white things on there skin ??
yes retard they are called eggs.
hayden92

UK

#381 Dec 20, 2012
Hi I was diagnosed with scabies about a week ago and given permethrin. Now the doc won't give me nymor permethrin as he says I only need 2 use it that once and then in 6 weeks time if it still itches then go back. This is absolutely killing me as I also have severe eczema. I cn hardly walk and bend my arms and I can't see my daughters til these things are definately gone coz I dnt want them 2 get them. HELP!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#382 Dec 21, 2012
The doctors don't understand Scabies. So they don't know how to treat their patients. The medical community is living in the past because there haven't been any new approaches to cure the condition in decades. So the doctors, most of whom do not even know how to do a Scabies skin scrape test, read from their hand held devices that tell them the ivermectin, permethrin, lindane, etc., still do the trick when that couldn't be further from the truth.
There are two Scabies mites that we are aware of, and many more that have not been catalogued. Demodex folliculorum which is the mite that resides under hair folicles, usually burrows in your scalp, likes hanging aroun your eye lashes, and is known as mange in animals. Then there's Sarcoptes scabiei, or itch mite, and they are the one most attracted to humans. They aren't attracted to hair folicles but both are skin parasites and these days it's very difficult to get rid of them once they've gotten under your skin.
The permethrin your doctor prescribed is the 5% cream and it is no longer effective in treating Scabies. You can buy it online in a much stronger potency for a lot less money. Someone was asking how long the eggs can survive if they fall out of the burrows of your skin in to the carpet. Not long from what I've read. In fact, unless the mite and eggs are attached to the host, that's you, they usually die within 12 hours depending on room temperature.
I've had Demodex Folliculorum for more than 5 years and my only advice is to stop counting on your doctor to help you, get started immediately on a intense daily treatment regime of orals, topicals and bleach baths. Freeze or boil your bedding, clothes, towels, clean your house like a maniac so you won't re-infest yourself. Vacuum often and immediately throw the bag in the trash!
Avoid contact with others because you are very contagious and you don't want to give it to another person.
wanttocry

Wednesbury, UK

#383 Jan 3, 2013
I have been suffering from scabies for just under a year, on and off.
Basically i was stayin at a friends with many other people on the weekends. Everyone caught scabies. I know lots of them havent had it return. I started seeing someone who had also been to the house and he also caught it.
We have been living together for about 9 month and its keeps comin back. We use the creams, constantly clean, wash clothes and bedding. It went away for like over four month amd now its came back.
I cant stand it.
I dont know what to do. I have never felt so helpless. I really dont understand how we cant get rid of them
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#384 Jan 3, 2013
hayden92 wrote:
Hi I was diagnosed with scabies about a week ago and given permethrin. Now the doc won't give me nymor permethrin as he says I only need 2 use it that once and then in 6 weeks time if it still itches then go back. This is absolutely killing me as I also have severe eczema. I cn hardly walk and bend my arms and I can't see my daughters til these things are definately gone coz I dnt want them 2 get them. HELP!!!
Sack your doctor and find another. You'll need several repeats of perm and oral ivermectin (Stromectol). Clean your environment like a maniac. Use borax on floors and in washing. Vacuum twice daily. If you own your home get rid of carpet and as many textiles as possible (don't give them away).
Anonymous

United States

#385 Jan 4, 2013
Uggh, we have had these damn things for over 2 months now. Its the worst ever as we all know. I've put off the hotel away stay off for a last resort. I have had some success with things I've tried.
Baths (we sont have a shower)...I mix about a cup of borax with 1~2 cups bleach in the water and use sulphur soap. I lather with the sulfur soap(hair too) and let it dry on the skin. I keep the hot water on and clean my fingernails under the hot water. I soak ffor about 20~30 mn. It seems to help a lot. Sometimes I take a late night benadryl or a glass of wine as, at least to me, I feel like they have a better chance of drowning that way :)
Also I was our bedding daily or at least dry them. Use borax with your wash.
Also bought bed bedbug covers for our bed and pillows. That also allows me to spray down the plastic with a bleach mix on themattress and pillow covers( let em dry completely) you will ruin some sheets in the process. Also spraythe bottom of the mattress cover and the box spring, I sprinkle borax on the boxspring as well. Vaccumming, a vaccuum with continuous suction for the carpet and tools for the furniture is important (comparable to dyson sells at walmart for 150.00). I especially vaccuum the bedroom at least daily.
If you have pets, was their bedding weekly and wash them with a mite shampoo(they appreciate it. Too).
Permethrin 10% spray I mix in a household spray bottle (mark all your bottles) and I spray the furniture, any fabric surfaces and carpets overnight (check for colorfastness and don't mix too strong).
Wintertime for those of us in the cold stateshelps too, they move a lot slower in the extreme cold.
Now that I've got these routines down, and they r helping us, were gonna start permethrin again (you have to get as much out of your environment, otherwise, its just a feeble attempt). Do a weekly household overall..bleach your bathrooms and counters and vaccuum your carpets and couches often.
Avoid a lot of sugar also, they are attracted to the taste...if it gets really you can try a swig of apple cider vinegar(they don't like the taste).
There is a lot of expense involved in all this, also be careful of what measures you take (these baths severely dry out your skin). This is a long winded post, but its working for me, so I have to share to hopefully make it more tolerable for someone else. Mostly, stay positive, this can really bring ya down..I know. Good luck and feel free with the ?'s. Thanks!
Derek Wilson

Detroit, MI

#386 Jan 4, 2013
What is the best way to clean the furniture
16withscabies ehh

Boston, MA

#388 Jan 19, 2013
well the first time i treated myself with pemethrin i felt ok my spirits wher lifted and i ddnt itch for a while. so i went to bed and only itched a little not to bad, i woke up in the morning and under my eyes felt really dry. my face also tingled when i got warm, i guess its just a side effect but i lived through it (side effect only lasted for a day). then i get home from my dads house and i forgot to wash my bedding. so i went to bed and then woke up itchy as all heck. maybe 3 times worse than before. i looked over my body to find scabbs everywhere and some spots wher bleeding :( so i was home for a week with the bad itches. yesterday i went back to my dads house. itook a shower and made sure to really scrub my body. then after the shower i treated myself. and forgot to put lotion on my face cause my face is reall dry so i had my dad put it on for me since my hands wher covered in the pemethrin. anyways, i went to bed itching was minor. then this morning i woke up to my arms tingling like my face did. and this time only one eye felt weird. and right now as im writing this my arms still feel that way but im not as itchy as im used to being. i hope it works with just pemethrin because i didnt get a perscription and buying it off ebay was difficult. also i herd the perscription costs alot. :( i payed my dad 40$ for it off ebay. but the whole thing is in spanish so its iffy.but i do know for sure that its what i need. ive had scabies for 5 months now maybe even 6. and my boyfriend has it too. he went to the doc and got a perscription for it. but he has to wait to get the money for it. and we cant see eachother for a month or two just for precautionary measures. if anybody has anything to say ide be glad to hear it.
Bill

Ypsilanti, MI

#389 Jan 19, 2013
Hi
You poor girl
4-5 months .
I would use something extra to keep it away , sulfur works & you can make it your self.
Or use this mix on the skin it is painless. It cures it fast & steps the itch in 3 mins .
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...
The mix:
2 tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax neutralizes the peroxide, it is painless & there is no fizz or burning from this mix & it is cheap
If they are deep ones I use
8 tbls borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.
( even just 1 tsp borax & 1 cup of water applied to the skin or scalp after a shower & left on or to bad areas with an absorbant cotton rag for30 mins , 2 times per day for 1-2 week draws out this bug & kills this bug.)
Soaking in the tub w/ 1 cup Arm & Hammer POWDERED ! Only ) Laundry Detergent & a full bath tub of watrm water Kills it too
The bed harbors the bug in the matreess best to use carpet fresh or better yet baking soda on the carpet then rub it in & leave it for a few days the vacuum , it dries the bug to death . Then sleep on an air matress ,& wash it each am , deflate it , roll it up stuff in 5 gallon bucket or tub & add 1 cup Arm & Hammer Powdered Laundry Detergent & water submerge it with a clorox bottle & let it sit for 1-8 hrs , dump bucket , rinse airmatress in shower ,drip dry & lay out on the hard floor or carpet w/ baking soda in it & reinflate w/ a hair dryer on cool shot for 90 seconds . & mist w/ 2 tbls cococnut oil & 32 oz of warm water, coconut oil is a solid at 76. Mist the air matress & no bug can crawl over the oil & you are safe Wash the towel & blanket each am .
This will go away if you live streile like a hospital . If you pick it up again I use the peroxide mix & it kills it
God bless you,
Bill
Email me if you need any help
doe1769@yahoo.com
there is a lot of help at www.birdmites.org , a mite is a mite they all die the same . Scabies , birdmite, rat mites etc.
Please reply with the words 'got it ' if you received this
16withscabies ehh wrote:
well the first time i treated myself with pemethrin i felt ok my spirits wher lifted and i ddnt itch for a while. so i went to bed and only itched a little not to bad, i woke up in the morning and under my eyes felt really dry. my face also tingled when i got warm, i guess its just a side effect but i lived through it (side effect only lasted for a day). then i get home from my dads house and i forgot to wash my bedding. so i went to bed and then woke up itchy as all heck. maybe 3 times worse than before. i looked over my body to find scabbs everywhere and some spots wher bleeding :( so i was home for a week with the bad itches. yesterday i went back to my dads house. itook a shower and made sure to really scrub my body.......
Bill

Ypsilanti, MI

#390 Jan 19, 2013
Hi

By the way to add moisture back to your skin I soak in 2 tbls coconut oil and a bathtub full of water , it makes the hair look like brand new when I shampoo it all out the next am and the coconut oil makes a shield on the skin resisting new bites

God bless you,

Bill
16withscabies eh

Brighton, MA

#391 Jan 19, 2013
got it :) thanks
Cyber Itch

Jersey City, NJ

#392 Jan 19, 2013
(Stromectol) is the only thing that helped me... 6 pills day one and 6 14 days later.... I read that scabies are hard to get rid of because they are becoming immune to a lot of the creams...
Not again

Milledgeville, GA

#394 Feb 10, 2013
I had a doctor tell me to wash in Selsun blue it helps
16withscabies ehh

Windsor, CT

#395 Feb 10, 2013
I know how alot of people say it's really contagious but my little sister cuddles with me alot and she doesn't have anything. and if they "get on the couch" and stay there then why doesnt anybody else have them too? I've had this for quite some time I self diagnosed and definetly know it's scabies. I did the pen ink test and I saw a bunch if disgusting tunnels. but anyway I think everybody is really overreacting to the contagious conspiracy. people just don't understand it. cause it's groose so us as humans automatically want to think that since it's groose that it's contagious and it makes me mad sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Psorinum........homeopathic cure for Scabies? (Sep '11) 14 min Bangalorean 113
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 9 hr oh my 4,149
I have scabies and I'm freaking out 14 hr Itchymommyandtoddler 4
Septic scabies and scabies on obs 16 hr dancesilly2 2
i overcame scabies! (Jul '13) Sun Patricia 9
Scabies on eyelids,face,ears,scalp Sun Worries 40
Borax Solution - CURE (Aug '12) Sun avs356 1,419
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Sun ashleyshere 252
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Oct 18 itchee 135

Scabies People Search