Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question...
Amy

Davenport, IA

#333 Feb 27, 2012
Salt water bath. Hot as you can stand tub full of water and a half a cup of regualr table salt. Sit in for about 20 minutes 4 days ina row. As you sit you will see little black bugs come to surface. It is disgusting but it doe skill them off.
fighing the good fight

United States

#334 Mar 16, 2012
Aloha, I just broke out with scabies rash and after a lil research I've started first puting a mixture of 1 part bleach with 3 parts water over rash then blasting it with hot blow dryer air and then covering with large band aid 24 hours a day. Bleach and blow dryer stops itch immediatley!!!!!! Its awsome!!!!....the hotter the better....itchyness usually gets worse at niight (possiblyb hatching or planting time) so that's when I blast em...I'm a big proponent of home remedies and this one is bad-ass to say the least...
clean freak

Guam

#335 Mar 27, 2012
What is the Borax mixture for cleaning carpets, bedding, couches, & other furniture? I can only find 20 Mule Borax.
Bill wrote:
Hi
Sulfur in a creme aplied to the skin will help a lot
1 teasp sulfur, from www.mamericarx.com :$12.00 &
1 teasp of coconut oil most grocery next to the olive oil, &
8 of healthy hand creme like 365 brand from whloefoods ,32 oz for $4.00
Mix it & apply , it help so mch , do it for 1 week , don't put sulfur clotes in the dryer m it smells up the dryer , hang them to dry.
Also this mix kills this mange bug very effectivley
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...
The mix:
2 tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax nuetralizes the peroxide
Bill
cureformyitch

Crockett, TX

#336 Mar 30, 2012
itchininthesouth wrote:
Boy people sure have a million different opinions on this, but one thing we can all agree on, scabies sucks! I am waiting for my drs appointment later today and I will be so glad. I have to say, though the bleach is not going to kill these thing, it has helped with the itchiness this weekend. I have been washing, washing, washing everything this weekend. I have to say, that the weirdest thing about this, is my husband NEVER gets them. I am glad for him, but I wish they didn't find me so delectable.
WTH is going on? Why can't 1 lil pill just wipe em out? I am a single mother of a 14 & 16 yr old boy & girl. We can't afford ANY of this medicine. My 16 yr old daughter was miss diagnosed last Oct 2011 w/ eczema. How are the people w/ just enough money for food, electricity,& water gonna get rid of these violent, unwelcome & relentless intruders? You should see my poor kids, they are totally humiliated and and are in excruciating discomfort. They are making themselves bleed, not a little, a lot. I'm doing everything all these books say, what the doctors say, I just want to throw my hands in the air. Not cool...but thats what they learn in med school I guess, treat the symptom not the patient. They don't give a damn about a cure or my kids for that matter. Someone help us please. I don't usually bad mouth anyone but these aliens are driving me mad.
angelina janae

Atlanta, GA

#337 Apr 11, 2012
i have scabies,if i fold my clothes would the scabies get on them
Sick

UK

#338 Apr 27, 2012
I can't believe this I never even thought scabbies existed got these horrible things all ova me hands thought thought they'd go bt no I've had it about a week before I went the chemist I'm going to treat it tonight but I am not sure how to stop it spreading again like if i wash everything what about the mattress ?? My shoes can it spead by my phone and other things awww and wud I be able to go to work tomorrow I work in direct contact with people always shaking hands I'm just do confused on what to do please tell me
Sick

UK

#339 Apr 27, 2012
And will I get them again now that I've got them once ??
And if I just wash all the clothes and dry them using a dryer I should be good yeh??
a itchy mess

United States

#340 May 13, 2012
I just found out that i had scabies so depressing and i also have a 4yr old that of course got them to and we've got the permethrin cream which was as helpful as water on my skin and we bought sulfur soap which calmed down my itching a lil my question is how long can they survive off of a host wats the best medicine to use to kill them and im very family oriented do i have to stay away from ppl can they jump on others i know no skin to skin contact but after i found out we had them my friend got very upset with me she made me fill like. They would jump on her or somthing please help im ready for this to be over
Bill

Vancouver, WA

#341 May 13, 2012
Hi , this will help you exterminate this bug . there are many kinds , some are easy , some are resistent and durable an can live thru alot .
I bag everything in plastic and coat with baking soda, shake bag, sleep on an air mattress, deflate it wash it in arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent in a 5 gal bucket for 1-8 hrs re inflate with a hair dryer , takes 90 seconds. Take a bath in the arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent m 1 cup for 30 mins. Wash clothes in arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent . Wash the house in arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent . baking soda like carpet fressh on carpets. Same for car, sit on a plastic sheet . Use the sulfur creme , use this mix on anything thet itches, dont scrtch it , kill the itch with this mix

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...

The mix:
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax nuetralizes the peroxide, it is painless & the is no fizz or bruning from this mix & it is cheap

If they are deep ones I use
8tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.

leave it on till the next shower then reapply

God bless you ,

BIll

write if you need mre help

[email protected]
Sick wrote:
And if I just wash all the clothes and dry them using a dryer I should be good yeh??
friendlysuggesti on
#342 May 15, 2012
My friend used a tanning booth. Killed the Bastards off in 5 minutes. Just sayin.
kilroy
#343 May 15, 2012
I heard tanning booths don't work. Figured someone would have mentioned that a long time ago if it did. That would be cool tho. Get a tan and toast the mo fos at the same time.
Sarah

Melbourne, Australia

#344 May 28, 2012
Just wanted to say I feel like I'm going crazy trying to get rid of these things, its been six months and it seems more studies need to be done on the subject, as many doctors I have seen have got no idea
ScaredOutOfThisW Orld

North York, Canada

#345 Jun 1, 2012
Hey!!! So I um... Kind of found out today that I have them too! I'm freaking out because te thought if it is sooo horrific! I have ren prescribed the dame cream a everyone an am to use it tonight before going to bed. But I'm terriffieed!!! Your bleaching idea ... I want to ask whether it worked for you and bow that months have passed the mite have Bren gone completely !!! Thanks...
fighing the good fight wrote:
Aloha, I just broke out with scabies rash and after a lil research I've started first puting a mixture of 1 part bleach with 3 parts water over rash then blasting it with hot blow dryer air and then covering with large band aid 24 hours a day. Bleach and blow dryer stops itch immediatley!!!!!! Its awsome!!!!....the hotter the better....itchyness usually gets worse at niight (possiblyb hatching or planting time) so that's when I blast em...I'm a big proponent of home remedies and this one is bad-ass to say the least...
megs

Oshawa, Canada

#346 Jun 14, 2012
You can tell by lines or irregular lines, lots of blister, extreme itching (sometimes misdiagnosed for dermintitis)

I had some itching and some really nasty looking all over my body from my arms to my toes and between my toes. Its really gross, itchy as hell and its terrible, try not to scratch I have some scarring on my body. I suggest that you do the following:

- Vacuum your floors, beds and dont sleep on for 48 hours and keep vacuuming them

- Wash all of your clothing that you wore since the day you started itching and also your

- Drying in the dryer on the hottest possibly setting for 20 minutes.

- Put them into a air tight bag for 4-7 days

- used the pesticides the doctor or dermantologist perscribe more than likely you will get servere itching from the side-effects like I have

Be careful ask your other half to do the same cautions or people you are around

When washing use mild soap for the time being until your bumps and blisters goes away
megs

Oshawa, Canada

#347 Jun 14, 2012
ScaredOutOfThisWOrld wrote:
Hey!!! So I um... Kind of found out today that I have them too! I'm freaking out because te thought if it is sooo horrific! I have ren prescribed the dame cream a everyone an am to use it tonight before going to bed. But I'm terriffieed!!! Your bleaching idea ... I want to ask whether it worked for you and bow that months have passed the mite have Bren gone completely !!! Thanks...
<quoted text>
Bleach wont work, use what I said in my post above. I cured mine
Might take a few tries to get them gone
Bill

Vancouver, WA

#348 Jun 14, 2012
Hi the arn and hammer baths cured alot of people , blech is temporary and can poisin your kidneys,
this will help you exterminate this bug . there are many kinds , some are easy , some are resistent and durable an can live thru alot .
I bag everything in plastic and coat with baking soda, shake bag and leave for 1 month or more.
Sleep on an air mattress, deflate it wash it in arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent, 1 cup , in a 5 gal bucket for 1-8 hrs re inflate with a hair dryer , takes 90 seconds. Take a bath in the arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent m 1 cup for 30 mins. Wash clothes in arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent . Wash the house in arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent .Apply baking soda like carpet fressh on carpets. Same for car, sit on a plastic sheet . I use the sulfur creme & I use this mix on anything that itches, I dont scrtch it , I kill the itch with this mix

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur ...

The mix:
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax nuetralizes the peroxide, it is painless & the is no fizz or bruning from this mix & it is cheap

If they are deep ones I use
8tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.

leave it on till the next shower then reapply

God bless you ,

BIll

write if you need more help

[email protected]
Sick wrote:
ScaredOutOfThisWOrld wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken

Sorrento, Canada

#349 Jul 1, 2012
I have been very itchy for the past month i don't know if I have scabies or it's just exema , my doctor prescribed me hc 2% in petroleum jelly but iv started to notice Little pimple like things on my hands and wrists can anybody help me out ???
itchysux

United States

#350 Jul 5, 2012
what helped me too.... Was wen i would feel them on me,,,, or even if i had an itch, i would take vaseline and cover the entire itchy spot.... I think this helps to suffocate the little beggers... I drive a truck night shift, so since i sleep during the day in my house tht i keep cold, mine were more active....so at the first sensation to itch, i grabbed the vaseline.. And since its a great moisrurizer, my skin is soft and no allergic reaction..even on my face.. Good luck,, i came down w them, i have narrowed it down, to leaving my window down and a mangy looking stray cat was in my car...i didnt think anything of it wen i ran it out....but after this and treating my 6 miserable little dogs..... I put vaelinne on them {and me) at anytime they look like they itch in addition to the given treatments... So i buy vaseline @ the dollar store to keep on hand
helpless in NC

Raleigh, NC

#351 Jul 8, 2012
I took my kids to the doctor in April...they were diognosed with eczema, so i thought nothing off it...well in june the day school let out they go with my parents to Pa for the summer...well today is july 8th and a few days ago my mom took my my kids to the ER because they were so itchy and seemed to be getting worse, they were diagonosed with scabies...they havent been here for about a month now so is their bedroom and clothing (which i washed after they left), matresses and all completely rid of scabies since they have no human contact? My husband and i are fine no symptoms at all...and after they left i did the normal routine cleaning since i had the time. any ideas?
sulphur

Evanston, IL

#353 Jul 14, 2012
Can anyone tell me if sulphur works

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 4 hr tryingtocureit 1,407
Attention All! Dawn original blue bath, black ... (Nov '09) 4 hr Linda 42
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) 4 hr tryingtocureit 7
Post scabies hives? 11 hr doctor rash 6
Join the organization to lobby for a cure of sk... 20 hr Adana 3
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 23 hr Peaches and pears 821
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) Mon tryingtocureit 148
More from around the web