kittycat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2006

I wanted to know the number of people on this board who are using Ivercare paste 1.87%. I'm currently using stromectol pills but will use the ivercare paste once I run out.
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2006

will be trying it for the first time tomorrow morning...less than 10 dollars what looks to be sufficient doses to zap them and the brand name is called FARNAM read a lot of success stories in here of its use in conjunction w/permethrin...gonna have a go.sorta scared,but its my last hope...
Loon

Agoura Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

kittycat wrote:
I wanted to know the number of people on this board who are using Ivercare paste 1.87%. I'm currently using stromectol pills but will use the ivercare paste once I run out.
Hello, I have been using the 1.87 paste. I bought the brand IverCare and it is made by Farnam. I was also reluctant at first, but this is my second time dealing with this and I know how hard it was for me to get a Doctor to prescribe the pills. If you already are taking the pills, you should find that in time and washing everything often, they will go away unless you let yourself get re-infected. I have only been using the paste (no Premethrin cream because I have no Med Insurance for another month) It is definetley helping, but it is not enough to wipe them out completely. I have taken 2 doses so far. The first time I got rid of this, it took a lot of very hot baths, Ivermectin pills and Premethrin cream, washing all clothes and sheets daily and just a lot of time!! It is not easy and you really have to stay on top of it!!! One thing I have realized is that for women, you have to get the Ivermectin and the cream, because if you get this from sexual contact, you have to kill them inside too (if you know what I mean) If you just use the cream, you will never get rid of them.
After loosing my job and almost loosing my mind they finally went away the first time! So I know first hand it is possible to beat them!! I then was a fool and let myself get re-infected by my boyfriend, who did not do everything he was suppose to do.
I now am trying to beat this again and as soon as I do, I am becoming a Nun!!!
kittycat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

Loon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, I have been using the 1.87 paste. I bought the brand IverCare and it is made by Farnam. I was also reluctant at first, but this is my second time dealing with this and I know how hard it was for me to get a Doctor to prescribe the pills. If you already are taking the pills, you should find that in time and washing everything often, they will go away unless you let yourself get re-infected. I have only been using the paste (no Premethrin cream because I have no Med Insurance for another month) It is definetley helping, but it is not enough to wipe them out completely. I have taken 2 doses so far. The first time I got rid of this, it took a lot of very hot baths, Ivermectin pills and Premethrin cream, washing all clothes and sheets daily and just a lot of time!! It is not easy and you really have to stay on top of it!!! One thing I have realized is that for women, you have to get the Ivermectin and the cream, because if you get this from sexual contact, you have to kill them inside too (if you know what I mean) If you just use the cream, you will never get rid of them.
After loosing my job and almost loosing my mind they finally went away the first time! So I know first hand it is possible to beat them!! I then was a fool and let myself get re-infected by my boyfriend, who did not do everything he was suppose to do.
I now am trying to beat this again and as soon as I do, I am becoming a Nun!!!
Thank you very much. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job over this. I do see how it can happen.

I will be doing my 3 rd dose of stromectol pills on Friday. I will be leaving my apatment for 7 days. My boyfriend dose not show symptoms but i do think he has to have them . i've had this since july.

I will be doing a permethrin treatment with my boyfriend before we leave and also another one before we return. My bf is trying to find a doctor who will prescribe stromectol for him just incase i'm being reinfected . My partner is trying to help but I know he will not use horse paste and would be furious if he knew i was. i'm broke from all the Dr. visits and expensive meds. if i can't get rid of them i will have to use the horse paste. i also will be staying away fro my boyfriend for a week after we return. I hope he is the type that the mites don't like and if we are apart they will just die on him with just using permethrin cream.
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

i took the horse paste about two hours ago i have no side effects so far,,,the paste was relatively tasteless (dont know what the hoopla was about that)i have tasted worse,,,anyway the tube is a sort of plunger,syringe type thing and is nice has the weights on it and little measurement marks in between anyway it has this round disc u can adjust to your weight and it squeezes out exactly the amount u need and no more,,,it cost less than 10 dollars,like u my mother had a cow when she heard i was doing this and i had to end up saying i wouldnt promised her but oh well better rid of them than to upset her i calmed her worries,,,good luck to you,,,maybe get b.f. to read these forums to ease his mind some???
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

this is really bad thinking i suppose, but at the point i had gotten to, i would rather die trying- than to live suffering...its been that bad for me...
kittycat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

scabies for 3 years now wrote:
i took the horse paste about two hours ago i have no side effects so far,,,the paste was relatively tasteless (dont know what the hoopla was about that)i have tasted worse,,,anyway the tube is a sort of plunger,syringe type thing and is nice has the weights on it and little measurement marks in between anyway it has this round disc u can adjust to your weight and it squeezes out exactly the amount u need and no more,,,it cost less than 10 dollars,like u my mother had a cow when she heard i was doing this and i had to end up saying i wouldnt promised her but oh well better rid of them than to upset her i calmed her worries,,,good luck to you,,,maybe get b.f. to read these forums to ease his mind some???
Good luck with the ivercare paste. I just ordered the the ivercare made by farnam. My boyfrined would think i was crazy for taking this based on a sacbies forum. The problem I'm having is that my boyfriend shows no signs of this so every doctor says you can't have this based on that and the number of premetherin treatments that i have done.
slomo

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

kittycat wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with the ivercare paste. I just ordered the the ivercare made by farnam. My boyfrined would think i was crazy for taking this based on a sacbies forum.
Just to recap the risks of taking a veterinary med:

The Quality control and purity standards of the ingredients and manufacturing process may not be the same as it is for human meds.

I do not know this for a fact, but that is really the only doubt in my mind. I wish someone with actual and factual knowledge would comment on this.

Also, you have basically unlimited access to the drug, so there is nothing to stop you from taking it forever, and taking any dose you like. You may make a dosing mistake, or jump to the wrong conclusion and there is no sanity check by a trained professional ( such as a doctor). People have a varying amount of common sense.
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

well it scared me a bit too and i was hesitant as well but its not like its PCP animal/horse tranquilezer or anything thats what crossed my mind first i heard of it lol...the farnam is same thing i got,,,and i also purchased thier 10 percent water based permethrin spray which i diluted half with water can spray that stuff as liberally as u want and gets well into crevices ears and scalp i liked it better than the prscribed cream,,,cheaper and a ton of it,,,i am also taking garlic pills,cant hurt,but the lemons i bought i think i will just make lemonade with instead:p,,,i have hope for this treatment from what i have read here there is much success,,,forget the tea tree and all that carp i was using in the past w/zero results,,,i hear the sulfur cream works but it was a mess i couldnt even get it to cover my entire body which i needed this time since it was on my head ...
slomo

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

Loon wrote:
<quoted text>
you have to kill them inside too (if you know what I mean)
I dunno.. These bugs are tracheal breathers, they probably can not survive long in your mouth or other similarly wet environment.

This is the reason why they cannot tunnel too deep, or become blood born.. they need a ready supply of air.
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

really i dont buy the scabies on the tongue or anywhere else inside an orafice theory i have read here either
kittycat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

slomo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to recap the risks of taking a veterinary med:
The Quality control and purity standards of the ingredients and manufacturing process may not be the same as it is for human meds.
I do not know this for a fact, but that is really the only doubt in my mind. I wish someone with actual and factual knowledge would comment on this.
Also, you have basically unlimited access to the drug, so there is nothing to stop you from taking it forever, and taking any dose you like. You may make a dosing mistake, or jump to the wrong conclusion and there is no sanity check by a trained professional ( such as a doctor). People have a varying
amount of common sense.
Thank you Slomo for the recap.

I hope after my 3rd dose of strometol i will not have to take the paste. I have a operation that i plan to do in the next few months to remove metal hardware from a fracture so I'm very cautious of taking something that could cause the blood to thin such as garlic or asprin.

Please be careful and refarin from alcohol for a few days when using this drug. I know many of you will be taking the pills or paste this week but please hold off if you plan to drink this holiday weekend.
slomo

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

really i dont buy the scabies on the tongue or anywhere else inside an orafice theory i have read here either
Right.. Having scabies is extremely traumatic, so it is natural to feel that they are "everywhere".

You have the slightest itch, that you would normally just ignore, you are now focused in on it.. "It is THEM!"

One comment on the water based permethrin:

There is probably a reason why the cream is formulated in an oily base, and not as a suspension. It needs to penetrate the top layer of skin where the buggers are.

My sense is that a water based spray would penetrate less. So yes, you get a permethrin residue coverage on your skin surface, and it will get them if they come out, but perhaps you are not reaching the eggs and dug in mites.

My approach to home made permethrin is using it in a cold cream base. I use Eucerin, and mix it with the desired amount of perm. In the past I used to mix in 10% emu oil also, to increase absorption.

Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

Kittycat. Sit down with your boyfriend and explain about FINANCES. You have an infection that needs to be gone, for your own sanity. You both need to do the horsepaste, and if he won't do it, then, well, maybe you two need to stop touching each other for quite a long time. If he has the mites, then it's more reason you need to sit down with him and HAVE THE TALK. The cheaper way to go is MARTIN'S PERMETHRIN SPRAY AND HORSEPASTE. Go ahead and pay the doctors ALL of your HARD-EARNED MONEY. IS YOUR BOYFRIEND HELPING TO PAY FOR ANY OF THIS? I bet he IS NOT. I want you to know that you can be happy on your own. I'm sorry, but come on.
kittycat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job over this. I do see how it can happen.
I will be doing my 3 rd dose of stromectol pills on Friday. I will be leaving my apatment for 7 days. My boyfriend dose not show symptoms but i do think he has to have them . i've had this since july.
I will be doing a permethrin treatment with my boyfriend before we leave and also another one before we return. My bf is trying to find a doctor who will prescribe stromectol for him just incase i'm being reinfected . My partner is trying to help but I know he will not use horse paste and would be furious if he knew i was. i'm broke from all the Dr. visits and expensive meds. if i can't get rid of them i will have to use the horse paste. i also will be staying away fro my boyfriend for a week after we return. I hope he is the type that the mites don't like and if we are apart they will just die on him with just using permethrin cream.
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

thankyou slomo for the advice about mixing the permethrin w/a creme,i thought about this too, afterwards, and thought, wonder if possible to mix w/something else besides water ,,,my next application i will do the water first since it seems to go everywhere better,like scalp, ears ,tiny crevices, but in addition i will mix some up w/ a creme and apply as well ,,,well its been hours since i took the horse paste and i am still here,lol,,,i am ITCHING SOMETHING BAD though!!!my mom gave me some anti itch pills the doc had given her in addition to the lindane she had prescribed her,just took one ,hope it helps some,,,its a good itch though,i can tell, i dont feel the biting and crawling like before...fingers crossed...
kittycat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

kittycat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Slomo for the recap.
I hope after my 3rd dose of strometol i will not have to take the paste. I have a operation that i plan to do in the next few months to remove metal hardware from a fracture so I'm very cautious of taking something that could cause the blood to thin such as garlic or asprin.
Please be careful and refarin from alcohol for a few days when using this drug. I know many of you will be taking the pills or paste this week but please hold off if you plan to drink this holiday weekend.
I agree with you but he thinks this is my problem not his. He has used the 5% permethrin an done a ton of laundry at his apartment .He shows no signs so he thinks he could not have this and also thinks the carrier theory is
crap.

I had a talk today and it did not go well. We will be leaving for about a week and i was also going to stay another week away from him as well. He is not happy about the week apart but I think we should be apart for at least a month. i know this is my problem and it would be best if we had a long break. This will kill a relationship if only one partner has it.
Been There

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

slomo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.. Having scabies is extremely traumatic, so it is natural to feel that they are "everywhere".
You have the slightest itch, that you would normally just ignore, you are now focused in on it.. "It is THEM!"
One comment on the water based permethrin:
There is probably a reason why the cream is formulated in an oily base, and not as a suspension. It needs to penetrate the top layer of skin where the buggers are.
My sense is that a water based spray would penetrate less. So yes, you get a permethrin residue coverage on your skin surface, and it will get them if they come out, but perhaps you are not reaching the eggs and dug in mites.
My approach to home made permethrin is using it in a cold cream base. I use Eucerin, and mix it with the desired amount of perm. In the past I used to mix in 10% emu oil also, to increase absorption.
I purchased some Eucerin cream and will give mix try. Really perfer the coverage from the spray for back and scalp. Thanx for the tip.
scabies for 3 years now

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

sending hugs to you (((kittycat)))i hope this works out for you,,,
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

Scabies for 3 years... can't you come up with a shorter name... uh, did you take the ivermectin on an empty stomach? You'd better.
thankyou slomo for the advice about mixing the permethrin w/a creme,i thought about this too, afterwards, and thought, wonder if possible to mix w/something else besides water ,,,my next application i will do the water first since it seems to go everywhere better,like scalp, ears ,tiny crevices, but in addition i will mix some up w/ a creme and apply as well ,,,well its been hours since i took the horse paste and i am still here,lol,,,i am ITCHING SOMETHING BAD though!!!my mom gave me some anti itch pills the doc had given her in addition to the lindane she had prescribed her,just took one ,hope it helps some,,,its a good itch though,i can tell, i dont feel the biting and crawling like before...fingers crossed...
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

Good idea to stay away from him for a month. Maybe you can clean up in that month's time. Hopefully, he doesn't have anything. But he has been taking the permethrin, so he should be okay. My son never shows signs of this. I see him scratch and then he gets mad at me if I question him about his scratch. lol.... our "talks" never go well, either. This is very stressful. I'm sorry.
kittycat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you but he thinks this is my problem not his. He has used the 5% permethrin an done a ton of laundry at his apartment .He shows no signs so he thinks he could not have this and also thinks the carrier theory is
crap.
I had a talk today and it did not go well. We will be leaving for about a week and i was also going to stay another week away from him as well. He is not happy about the week apart but I think we should be apart for at least a month. i know this is my problem and it would be best if we had a long break. This will kill a relationship if only one partner has it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 2 hr Deedee 612
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 9 hr Ivectrin dont work 3
Cheapest online cure for scabies 9 hr Albendazol dont work 1
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... 21 hr FRED 8
If you're desperate (Feb '12) Wed stevec 44
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) Tue ken 124
How I got Rid of Scabies Tue Danny 10
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Jul 18 Jennifer 182
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Jul 17 Worried 856