I'm going to kill myself ! Help me
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marialovesgriz

Kalispell, MT

#21 Oct 3, 2013
There is a site with free cat care tips. One of the tips talks about how to use cattle 1% ivermectin to treat cats for mites.
http://heavenssafehaven.webs.com/freecatcaret...
Dazzle

Topeka, KS

#22 Oct 4, 2013
marialovesgriz,

thanks for the link. i took a look at it and will be ordering the supplies to give to my cat. i just gave them Revolution 2 days ago so i will ask my vet if its ok to give them ivermectin so soon.
thanks!
Helpmepleasehelp

San Diego, CA

#23 Oct 6, 2013
Dazzle wrote:
marialovesgriz,
thanks for the link. i took a look at it and will be ordering the supplies to give to my cat. i just gave them Revolution 2 days ago so i will ask my vet if its ok to give them ivermectin so soon.
thanks!
Let me know what your vet says :)

I read that you need to do revolution every 2 weeks 3 or 2 times to kill the mites that these might be.

Where is the link to your post? I can't remember the name of it :(

Are you sure the black specks were appearing and maybe not just hanging out on your skin and then when you felt something you just noticed it?

I want to swear that it's the perm cream and such that made our skin feel crawly and oversensitive and that's how we notice the black specks

I'm feeling better but I haven't touched the cats in days and days. I'm deathly afraid of them.

I can't remember - did you begin with a rash or bites ?

What did your doctor say about the MD?
vss

Hollywood, FL

#24 Oct 7, 2013
Dazzle wrote:
marialovesgriz,
thanks!
Cats' livers are fragile. Do not give your cat ANY MEDS, if and until you have spoken with a VET.
Revolution should be given twice a month for sarcoptic scabiei. There are other types of mites that infest cats, too. Don't bath the cat for a few days before and after you apply the topical med. You need to let the med work with the natural oils in the skin. From my experience, Revolution doesn't always cure this. Talk with a vet, first. There are other meds besides Revolution and ivermectin that you can give the cat. Find a vet who is experienced in treating this. Not everything works. Bath the cat in a mild shampoo. Do not use permethrin around the cat. Do not bath the cat in permethrin. Use a mild shampoo. Cats are groomers and they will ingest anything applied to them. Always apply the meds where they cannot reach to groom, like between the shoulder blades.
Look up forums on the net that deal with pets and cats and seek advice from these forums. But, first and foremost, take the cat to the vet and get a definite diagnosis. The vet can take a scraping and look under a microscope to see exactly which parasite they have. They also need to be tested for internal parasites.
Samantha

Salem, MA

#26 Oct 7, 2013
Take a breath, you are having an anxiety attack. If you obsess you will feel like you have mites even when you are cured. Wash all your stuff in hot water (clothes sheets etc)Vacuum. Treat you and boyfriend one last time. Go somewhere for a few days if you need to to let any others die off. You will be ok, please call 211 and seek free mental health support and even get state health too, you need some help, it will be ok.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#27 Oct 7, 2013
Helpmepleasehelp wrote:
Also have you read about the walking dandruff cat mite that starts with a c ? chy ? Or cl?
Can't remember but I feel like my cats gave me that or some kind of mange mite. But I'm just not sure.
For sure it is a mite.
You really need a microscope... there are cheap kid's microscopes that hook up to your tv - electric eye? You can can them on ebay for a song. They magnify 100x.

Set out glue traps... and then when what looks like dust on on there look at it under the scope. That's how I discovered I had collembola. Until you know what kind of mite - bird, rate, scabies, collembola... you really won't know how to treat it.

All of them require more than just a few applications of something.

I've found these helpful:

http://yearofthemite.com/
invisibleparasites.com
stopskingmites.com (yes VSS - I found this site helpful - no I am not selling anything. I really like the oil blend she recommends - but I add cedar and anti-fungal herbs)
The Bird Mites Yahoo Group
There were also some great comments on the first review on the Amazon page for Keen Free enzyme stuff. 390 comments!

Yeah - don't kill yourself. This is not as bad a some people have it. We could be doing all this in Somalia or Sudan. Driving to the landromat is a first world problem.
Helpmepleasehelp

La Mesa, CA

#30 Oct 10, 2013
Dazzle how are you doing? I thought I was doing better but now am getting creepy crawlies everywhere again and new bites :(
I need someone to help me

Key West, FL

#32 Jan 29, 2014
If fher anyone please help me I feel like im at the end of my rope nothing I do is good enough I bend over backwards for everyone they dont appreciate me I find myself setting here alone again im just so tried I cant do this
Janadel

Spring Valley, CA

#33 Jan 29, 2014
I need someone to help me wrote:
If fher anyone please help me I feel like im at the end of my rope nothing I do is good enough I bend over backwards for everyone they dont appreciate me I find myself setting here alone again im just so tried I cant do this
Ok, I'm pretty much a newbie at this as I've only had it since Dec. 22, 2013, but in that time I've learned a good deal from hundreds of hours of reading about scabies, so I'll do the best I can...but you have to do your part....deal?....1st off you have to get a hold of your self mentally. You can't accomplish anything until you do that...this I know...I spent 8 years in college learning all about this.....3/4 of what you can accomplish is by making up your mind you are going to accomplish it! Yes you do have a choice. You tell yourself over and over until you believe it that you are going to succeed and beat this, no matter what or how long it takes. You have to do this...there is no 2 ways about it! Ok so you are miserable...well let me tell you...I was ill and homebound for 8 years. I never left my home. I couldn't. I lost my job, my career, my friends, my family and my marriage...and then I made up my mind I was going to find a way to get well, no matter what it took...and it took years of reading and educating myself....now I've got this...but this is easy compared to what I've been thru...so I know full well you can beat this, if you make up your mind that you will beat it. No don't tell me you can't do you...YES YOU CAN!!st thing...start right this min. telling yourself you are going to do what it takes to get well...No 2 ways about it...OK?...Next...don't argue with me or yourself about this..I really do know what I'm talking about....stop eating all sugar, and don't drink or take any caffeine if you can help it and if you have to, work on cutting down to 0. You can do this..it's hard..but I know you can do it. Now go and read what I've posted on another thread on suicide and what you can do to help with this scabies thing so you can think straight. I just posted that a bit ago. I'm not going to tell you you will get well overnight...that's not likely going to happen. I've not heard of that happening to anyone, but you can get better each day, if you make up your might to get well and you work at it...and are willing to read and educate yourself on this. No it's not easy, but it is doable. I've read of lots of people on this forum who have cured themselves without even going to a Dr. After you've read it, I want you to get 5-8 pieces of paper and scotch tape and a pen and on each piece of paper I want to you write...I'm getting better every day! Then go tape 1 to your refrigerator...1 to your bathroom mirror, and the rest any place you know your eyes will land on over and over....maybe the TV...maybe a lamp, maybe a book...or your CD Player....wherever you are going to see them...all the time. Then start to read all this forum. Make notes of what has worked repeatedly...some things have...like Dawn Dish Soap...like 91% Isopropyl Alcohol...like Olive Oil and Clove Oil...Like clean bedding every night....like clean cloths every day...and lots of other things...you'll learn if you spend the time reading here and other sites too. You'll see that many people post some really good links to go to and read. Do read anything by Bran 0406. I've learned a lot from her and you will too. If you need support, come back here and let others know you need some boosting up...trust me...someone will step in and encourage you and give you some ideas....if you ask and if you show you are trying. OK? BTW ...this same message applies to anyone who wants to give up....TRust me..there are a lot worse things in life than this. Yes this is lousy and miserable...but by a long shot not the worst, so just make up your mind you are going to work at it and beat it..no matter what it takes or how long...make up your mind you are going to get better! OK? Good!
Oncebutten

Macon, GA

#36 Aug 21, 2014
Helpmepleasehelp wrote:
Also. They only have me on 3 grams iver per week
Don't I need 15 grams? I weight 140
Did they mess me up? Could they be resistant to iver now?
This says 200mcg per kg that you weigh:
http://dermnetnz.mobify.me/treatments/ivermec...
Sounds like your scabies treatments have agitated demodex mites that live on our bodies. Look it up. Almost everyone has them but they can over-populate in some cases. Esp in your eyes lashes. The variety, demodex folliculorum, lives in hair follicles of the lashes and can cause problems. The good news is- most of the treatments for scabies also work on the nasty little demodex problem, but eliminating the demodex mites takes longer. God bless you. Read up on the demodex mites.
Itchy in ga

United States

#45 May 6, 2017
I have been battling some kind of critters for several years now i also feel like im losing my mind i have spent a fortune on medicine for my dog vet keep saying its allergies. I know better but they won't listen. I get bit , dogs are miserable and have done so much laundry its crazy tea tree oil works to a certain extent but can't get rid of them. Anyone have any suggestions please let me know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 3 hr Savannah 587
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 13 hr Alaska 1,030
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) 16 hr Magnaking 138
News What to Do if You Get Scabies 20 hr Vince 2
advantix ii blue concerns (Mar '12) Sat jhannamarie 9
Scabies Sat jhannamarie 2
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Fri Trythis 1,529
More from around the web