Scabies from Thin Air
totallybaffled

Gainesville, FL

#1 Jul 14, 2013
Hey Everybody,

I like to think I am a logical person, but my ordeal with scabies has totally baffled me. I first got it about 4 years ago. Permethrin did the trick. I have since come down with it again about 7 or 8 times. In my opinion, this is probably way more times than anybody should have to deal with this terrible infliction. I am a very clean person, and have followed all of the protocols for avoiding re-infestation.

Around the 2nd or 3rd time I got scabies, I realized that there was a common denominator - clove cigarettes. Please bear with me, as I know this sounds totally ridiculous. And it makes it even more frustrating because from what I understand, clove oil has been known to be an effective cure for scabies. But every time I come down with scabies, it is after being exposed to the smoke from clove cigarettes.

Now I realize that it does not seem logical that you can get scabies just from inhaling smoke, but I am not sure that 7 or 8 times can be a coincidence. And I know that the mind can play tricks on you, but it is not like I smell the smoke and immediately think I have scabies. I'll let it go for a week or so, and then the itching is back. I am so frustrated and baffled by this. I have no idea what is going on, and it is getting to the point where I can just be walking outside, and once I smell the slightest bit of clove smoke, that's it. I've tried every conceivable natural remedy as well, but permethrin is the only thing that seems to work for me.

Please, does anybody have any conceivable thoughts of what in the world is going on??

Thanks.
pin prick woman

Kurnell, Australia

#2 Jul 16, 2013
totallybaffled wrote:
Hey Everybody,
I like to think I am a logical person, but my ordeal with scabies has totally baffled me. I first got it about 4 years ago. Permethrin did the trick. I have since come down with it again about 7 or 8 times. In my opinion, this is probably way more times than anybody should have to deal with this terrible infliction. I am a very clean person, and have followed all of the protocols for avoiding re-infestation.
Around the 2nd or 3rd time I got scabies, I realized that there was a common denominator - clove cigarettes. Please bear with me, as I know this sounds totally ridiculous. And it makes it even more frustrating because from what I understand, clove oil has been known to be an effective cure for scabies. But every time I come down with scabies, it is after being exposed to the smoke from clove cigarettes.
Now I realize that it does not seem logical that you can get scabies just from inhaling smoke, but I am not sure that 7 or 8 times can be a coincidence. And I know that the mind can play tricks on you, but it is not like I smell the smoke and immediately think I have scabies. I'll let it go for a week or so, and then the itching is back. I am so frustrated and baffled by this. I have no idea what is going on, and it is getting to the point where I can just be walking outside, and once I smell the slightest bit of clove smoke, that's it. I've tried every conceivable natural remedy as well, but permethrin is the only thing that seems to work for me.
Please, does anybody have any conceivable thoughts of what in the world is going on??
Thanks.
dear dear calm down. Especially clean people are most affected from having caught scabies. I too have been thru every emotion their is. Im quite sure you have an allergy. Perm cleans rash up because it dries the skin out. Try eurax cream its a scabicide & good for queer rashes. Just think if you had active scabies for so so long it would be turned to Norwegian scabies by now. If your washing in hot, ironing vaccuming etc etc nothing could survive that long not even a flea. I agree the mind plays tricks. I suggest after my ordeal to see a psychologist (please don't be offended it happens to everybody) They will send you to the right Dr's & pay for them if your broke. Stop smoking the clove. Remember permethrin is a nurotoxin . It kills roaches & their hard basterds to kill. Perm has huge side effects including bringing out blisters & itches months after using it as it stays in the blood for soooo long. Lindane another scabicide was banned due to what it done to the brain. Read my other posts & how scattered they are as proof of what perm & scabies does to us. I too have had no history of mental illness & i was reading everything tryin to find answers & byin heaps of herbal remedies which have not been tested either. EVERYBODY must give their advice even me "Im no expert" i do know what nurotoxin does to a person. Please don't be offended beautiful person just get some help even just to talk as isolation isn't good for us especially dealing with unknown side effects. Im 100% you don't have scabies. Lots of other skin problems mimic scabies.
totallybaffled

Gainesville, FL

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. It is not that I think I have had active scabies for so long, it is more that it just keeps re-occurring. You are probably right in that I have developed some kind of allergy. It is just so odd though because every time it happens, I itch for awhile, until it starts to become unbearable at night. I certainly do not smoke clove cigarettes anymore and have not in about 4 years. It is just that every time I am exposed to the smoke, this is what happens.
Any thoughts on why if it is not scabies, permethrin has been the only thing that cures it? And what are some other skin diseases that mimic scabies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies help 12 min Lovechalola1 15
Please help me guys (Oct '15) 6 hr parasites 61
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 7 hr parasites 1,425
Where to find the "Imidicroprid thread" and "I'... 7 hr parasites 3
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Thu Jenie 207
"Clove Oil Effective Treatment for Scabies" (Jun '11) Wed babakanuska 10
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) Wed yogagroove 137
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jul 26 Melanie RAPHAEL 823
More from around the web