How to keep these mites out of your hair

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
merry beth

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2010
I am confused I have been using the Head and Shoulders blue bottle and seemed to be having good
results but I think they are back in my hair and
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what? Please give me some suggestion.
cari

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2013
merry beth wrote:
I am confused I have been using the Head and Shoulders blue bottle and seemed to be having good
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what? Please give me some suggestion.
switch to selsun blue
tired of this

Birmingham, AL

#3 Mar 2, 2013
cari wrote:
<quoted text> switch to selsun blue
Thanks, I will try selsun blue. Ive had scabies 10 months. I waged an all out war on them and still have them. When I started treating my body, my scalp started itching. Im getting rid of them but they come back. I think they are repopulating from my scalp. I shampoo with Pine Sol in the shampoo. It helps but they are still there.
So far in my war on them Ive used a bottle of Ivermectin for cattle, 2 tubes of Ivermectin wormer, a bottle of Ivermectin drench for cattle, Several tubes of permethrin cream, 3 bottles of permethrin 10% liquid from the feed store. Benzoil Benzoate, several bottles of bleach, a couple of boxes of borax, soaked in Pine Sol, several bottles of 97% alcohol, even some turpentine. Several bottles of Eurax cream, and even sulfur baths. I cannot get Lindane or would use it. I still have the bugs

They all work but the bugs come back. Its coming from my scalp.
Best place to buy - Ebay. What works the best and is easy to use with little smell - Eurax . Soaking in a bath with pine sol helps a lot but smells. You can make an effective salve or oil treatment yourself. Mix an ounce or 2 of borax powder and about a dozen crushed asprins into some petroleum jelly. Or same mix except use olive oil. I added vanilla for nice aroma. That mix seems to work well and is cheap to make.

I will try selsun blue and continue the aspirin borax treatment. It seems you just have to keep it up with treatments at least twice a week or more until they are gone
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#4 Mar 2, 2013
tired of this wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I will try selsun blue. Ive had scabies 10 months. I waged an all out war on them and still have them. When I started treating my body, my scalp started itching. Im getting rid of them but they come back. I think they are repopulating from my scalp. I shampoo with Pine Sol in the shampoo. It helps but they are still there.
So far in my war on them Ive used a bottle of Ivermectin for cattle, 2 tubes of Ivermectin wormer, a bottle of Ivermectin drench for cattle, Several tubes of permethrin cream, 3 bottles of permethrin 10% liquid from the feed store. Benzoil Benzoate, several bottles of bleach, a couple of boxes of borax, soaked in Pine Sol, several bottles of 97% alcohol, even some turpentine. Several bottles of Eurax cream, and even sulfur baths. I cannot get Lindane or would use it. I still have the bugs
They all work but the bugs come back. Its coming from my scalp.
Best place to buy - Ebay. What works the best and is easy to use with little smell - Eurax . Soaking in a bath with pine sol helps a lot but smells. You can make an effective salve or oil treatment yourself. Mix an ounce or 2 of borax powder and about a dozen crushed asprins into some petroleum jelly. Or same mix except use olive oil. I added vanilla for nice aroma. That mix seems to work well and is cheap to make.
I will try selsun blue and continue the aspirin borax treatment. It seems you just have to keep it up with treatments at least twice a week or more until they are gone
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TNQ...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Mar 2, 2013
I use a vet shampoo http://www.amazon.com/SynergyLabs-Clinical-An...

I don't get how they are reproducing on the scalp... but they do. And in the ears. Crazy. I used Yeast Arrest suppositories in my ears... they have Borax TTO and Neem.

I keep thinking I'm done too and a bunch will crawl off my head and my neck will break out.
unicorn21

Wall, SD

#6 Mar 29, 2013
do you use haircolor? i think i might be getting scabies from haircolor It seems weird but could it be possible ? also ive used ivermectin horse wormer because I dont want to see a doctor when i get it every month ..I guess it must be safe horses use it. scabies never really goes away i could stop dying my hair but I hate grey hair..
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#7 Mar 30, 2013
You cannot get scabies from a hair product. The scabies die without a host to live off of. Hair dye contains chemicals where no bug could live. It is not possible.

You don't get scabies every month. You either have it or you don't. Your symptoms may appear when you apply the product. It may drive the mites out of burrows, which causes you to have symptoms.
Anna

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#9 Apr 1, 2013
Hello!!
My mother is ill a scab already a year and a half. a scab returns time after time. a scab went already on a person. we want ivermectin, because on a benzyl for claws already immunity.
Help us please. If to prick ivermectin, is it necessary(whether it is possible) to be smeared outwardly what that by preparation? if needed, then what? for example prick of ivermectin, and from above spregal? will not there be spregal to weaken the action of ivermectin? How to be with bathing? is it possible to bath, and when( in a day, in a week after a prick?) How to be with washing of hands? will not preparation be washed from under skins? and how to change a bed?
I am sorry if I write wrong, I do not know your shouting, and in my country can not cure a mother
Teresa

Torrance, CA

#10 Nov 24, 2013
I have had mites in my scalp hiding and when I colored my hair they went down to my forehead and body yet still feel like they may be in my scalp.
I have just used my 4th Permethrin application and kept it on for over 12 hours. I put it on all through my hair down to the bottom of my feet and on my face.
When I colored my hair I could feel them borrowing away from the color then days later I had borrows all over my forehead then they went to the side of my neck and when I used application 1 of Permethrin they spread to my back and right thigh.
I have been using epson salt in bath and selsun blue sulfer shampoo as well as a sulfur soap. I even put pure epson on my back for as long as I could take the burn so I figured it would kill them critters on my lower back.
Exfoliation with really good face and body scrub and loofa to rid of all the dead skin layers, mites, eggs and feces. Your body has an allergic reaction to that under your skin and creates the itch so the sooner you scrub it off the better you will feel.
Pure Aloe Vera is the best thing for skin irritations and healing after the scrubing. Once skin is free from scabies then you can use vitamin E and Cocoa Butter along with the Aloe Vera to get the maximum results with healing and soft skin. You will fight wrinkles along the way as well.
I'm afraid I will never get them out of my scalp. They only go the the back bottom of the hairline and the sides by my ears. I will be coloring my hair again soon once I feel like I am normal again and we shall see if they come out.
BTW...this all started when my grand kids had lice. No lice can survive in my hair and it is clear of lice. I use a wet/dry iron on my hair and that heat would put some real burns so I know nothing can survive that so I wondered if Lice can burrow to survive.
I have also used coconut oil, tea tree oil, neem oil,olive oil eucalyptus oil mixed on the skin and hair as well as in bath in hopes to smother the critters and prevent them from surfacing to lay eggs.
I felt less and less itching each day and I make sure I wash everything of mine daily in the hottest water and let it soak for 20 minutes then dry at hottest setting 20 minutes after dried.
Tonight I will not take my anti itch meds again to see if I can feel anything waking me up like before. I have felt less and less after all I use.
I hope this helps others. I know a lot of people get different kinds of scabies from different types of mites so not every case is the same. My kind is one that is very good at hiding in the tough part of my scalp so it is protected. If I can't rid of it then I need something orally.
Wish me luck!
Getting better

Lathrop, CA

#12 May 15, 2014
Use Kleen Green! It helps a lot with everything I was dealing with, but I still have them in my scalp because I think I keep reinfecting myself from my pillow.
curious

United States

#13 May 15, 2014
Soak yr hair and body in witch hazel, it kills them immediately. Rub witch hazel on you and wipe off with facial cleansing pads. You will see black dots appear on yr skin or the pad, thats the dead mites. Spray or bomb yr house with flea spray.
curious

United States

#14 May 15, 2014
Also if you are itching Alot, you can do a salt bath! 2 lbs of salt as hot as you can stand the water 30min-1 hour.
curious

United States

#15 May 15, 2014
In this order throw yr bedspread and pillow in the dryer. Spray yr house down with flea spray! 2lbs of salt in hot bath (even pour salt) in your hair! Soak and only rinse yr hair ( with the salty water in tub)! You want it to stay on. This will take almost itching out. Then the next night rub down in witch hazel! Make sure spray your CAR and bed good!
Will

Louisville, KY

#16 Jun 9, 2014
How can I tell if I have them ? Dermatologist said it was jock itch but it flares up at night
I heard

United States

#19 Aug 28, 2014
Will wrote:
How can I tell if I have them ? Dermatologist said it was jock itch but it flares up at night
my child had severe itching and scabs. Seriously try the witch hazel. You can find it at walmart.
Michele

Potomac, MD

#20 Aug 29, 2014
merry beth wrote:
I lather up with HS and leave it in while washing my body. Seems to have wirked
Tiffany

Theodore, AL

#22 Sep 27, 2015
They are in my hair now I'm going crazy having terrible anxiety over this had these tiny black mites for 8 months now I'm going to shave my head and apply permerethin to my blad scalp it's the only way to kill the eggs in my scalp!!!!!!!!! God give me courage to over come this I am scarred and feel helpless. But I will not give up that's what the Devil wants and he will not win!!!! I'll fight this plague till the day I die cause that's what this is a plague. The doctors don't believe it's bugs but they don't know how I feel. They don't see what I see with a magnifine glass and/or jewelry loop you can see ting black mites different sizes and they're very real they stab you like a needle. And crawl around in your hair it's a night mare I need this to be over!!!!
Tara

Milwaukee, WI

#23 Sep 30, 2015
On my scalp, I apply ivermectin pour-on directly, at bedtime, with a cotton swab. In the morning after I bathe, I apply Boo!(a lice repellant spray). I get the pour-on at the farm store and the Boo! at Target, in the dandruff shampoo section. Another good shampoo for mites is Sulfodene, available in pet supplies.

On my body, I add the ivermectin liquid to regular lotion, and apply after bathing and reapply active areas before bed.

I hope this helps!
dlopez

United States

#24 Sep 30, 2015
I use Selsum Blue it helps a little I don't know what else to do I'm going insane keep getting break outs in my neck and shoulders! I've never had anything like this before and I'm a very clean person and I'm just mortified! I wash all clothes in hot water and put them on wear only once and then wash again! Feeling depressed!
Gigi 1947

Bradenton, FL

#25 Dec 3, 2015
I can't get rid these mites, I have a couple of good days and then they come back. It is usually at night when they attack. Right now, in my hair and face. Trying me crazy with no sleep. Help, any suggestions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
small tiny clear bumps...looks like something i... (Jul '08) 3 hr Lady Di 46
News Health district scabies treatment day deemed su... 6 hr Wasting our time 1
Misdiagnosed? (Mar '08) 23 hr Shelbi 6
Only one in house with scabies? (Mar '12) Tue ljh1965 69
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Tue Ciera 977
Post Scabies Nodules on male genitals (May '08) Tue recreational 64
Post Scabies Itch Syndrome (Mar '12) Tue recreational 205
More from around the web