I sometimes like to think my scabies ...

I sometimes like to think my scabies are gone.. but they're prob not!!

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Ireland

#1 Jul 26, 2012
Hi, I'm 16 and was diagnosed with scabies almost 3 weeks ago! So I am assuming that I've had this AWFUL disease for about 7-9 weeks as i caught it once the first symptoms came up .. I have so far done 2 permethrin treatments (Lyclear 5%) my mum and brother have also. I got about 10 itchy bumps since my second treatment.. but that's not many compared to the start of this! It has been one week since my last permethrin treatment. About 4 days ago i started getting this strange crawling feeling on my face,ears,nose and scalp and random parts of the body at times, THIS has led me to believe i have the mites on my head!!!:( my mum says I'm just being paranoid and its an after effect from the perm treatment! I used the perm on my face the second time! My mum has shown no bumps (just itch) but my brother has one or two around his ankles... i am not sure if these are new though. Also.... i have no burrows, not sure i ever did have visible ones! I am going to try tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner and see if it helps my scalp and also vasoline on my face and ears! We also got some Benzyl Benzoate, but the pharmacist reckons it too soon after my last treatment to use this!! We are very clean people and have followed all the cleaning tips! My mum does not believe in going as far as plastic covers on beds etc as she had these about 25 years ago and got rid of them immediately, also my uncle had them last year and got rid with 1 perm! I have been reading this forum ALLOT, my mum thinks I am obsessed with this. I don't want to go to any drastic measures but this disease is ruining my life, i had haven't been to work in 3 weeks or seen my friends in one! I REALLY hope i didn't infect them :( I need serious help as my BEST friends birthday is in 2 weeks and i seriously cannot miss that!! I also am back to school in 1 month and I most definitely cant be dealing with this in school! I NEED HELP! I cry every day with this, its terrifying :( am i EVER going to cure this??

Ireland

#2 Jul 26, 2012
Someone please help!!:( I am seriously wishing THIS all is one big dream!! Or AT LEAST for someone to say 'You're cured!!' the crawling means nothing :) hahahaha I WISH :(
Mite-not

Yucca Valley, CA

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Some lady on this thread said to use sulfur soap on your face and scalp and after a week of doing so, twice a day the crawling male mites should go away.

just to be sure, wash completely with the sulfur soap

Ireland

#4 Jul 26, 2012
It is 4am now.. and i literally cant sleep with the crawling!! I have been crying for an hour straight thinking this might be bird mites! Im soooo scared for me and my family :( thanks for your answer mite-not - appreciated!!
Mite-not

Yucca Valley, CA

#5 Jul 26, 2012
dont let the horror stories on this forum scare you! Its not bird mites as you were already diagnosed with scabies. At times, we can get panicked and then cause our self more stress.

I know cause I致e been there. If all you have no visible signed count yourself very lucky. There tons of people on this forum who wish they were so lucky!

Remember, with no sleep any situation is 10 times worse than it really is. So, this is bad enough, try to get some rest. Right now, thats the best thing you can do for yourself!

Get some diatomaceous earth powder. I dont know where you can get it where you are except on line. Mix it with baby oil and put in your hair and face. That will cut down on the crawling.

I知 going to try Lice-B-Gone (it may be called Lice R Gone) as one lady said it cured 2 of her 3 kids on this forum. I only have crawling in my hair with no visible signs. The more I keep the population down in my hair, the less I feel them on my face and ears.

Envision this finally being over. Imagine just how grateful you will be. Hold on to that feeling because you will be there soon. You are going to be so relieved and thankful, your thankfulness will be too great to express it will have to exceed time. Let it find you now and from this day forward, every time you are treating your self with the Diatomatios earth, wearing the lice B Gone in your hair, using sulfur soap, changing your sheets daily, know that you are getting closer to that time you envisioned.

Also another tip, I noticed that even when I changed my pillow cases, the crawling in my hair continued. I got rid of my pillows, even though they were encased with mite proof lining. I started using a large rolled up towel as a pillow and had a new one each night. This really helps cut down on the mites so long as you are using the sulfer soap in your hair twice a day.

Ireland

#6 Jul 26, 2012
I took a breather and washed my face and noticed you wrote back :) thanks mite-not your words are really encouraging :)earlier on at about 10pm i used tea tree oil and conditioner.. it helped a bit with the crawling on my scalp.. just a bit! they're till demolishing my face and ears... and now even worse on my body! esp. my back and legs :(

The doctors looked pretty puzzled as i had no burrows- just ALLOT of bites! but i guess they thought they'd write me off as scabies...... thats why i was led to believe i had bird mites!

I need to buy the diatomaceous earth powder and sulfur soaps online as i cant get them in Ireland :(

Thank you so much mite-not you're so positive :)

question- How long have you been dealing with these crawling feelings and are you in post scabies?? Cause i cant tell the difference!
Mite-not

Yucca Valley, CA

#7 Jul 27, 2012
This all started early March. I never had bites or itchy bumbs. I had been taking tons of herbs for another condition and think thats why they wouldnt dig into my skin. I cant be sure of that though. I was taking Olive leaf extract and a Chinese formula called Salvia/Ligustrum, 250 tablets by Seven Forests

My legs were itchy but after soaking in bleach and the A&H detergent everyday for a week the itchiness went away. I stopped taking the baths and my leggs itched for 4 days then stopped. I still have just the crawling on my face scalp and ears though. I used castor oil with tea tree oil, clove oil, lavender oil, clove bud oil mixed in. It seemed to keep them off of my face and out of my ears.

Also I used 3% peroxide soak in my ears for 30 min once a week to keep them out there.

It is hard to be positive all the time but when things start improving it gives you hope and you are more positive more often. Even when sometimes the mite numbers increase and they are on my face again, I know I can get them to stay off with the castor oil,essential oils and peroxide.

Looking back, I think all you would really need is the castor oil and clove oil. Lavender helps heal the skin and prevents scaring and rosemary oil has a pleasant smell and is cooling on the skin to counter the hot sensation of the clove oil but to get the job done of getting them off your face, castor oil and clover bud oil.

I値l let you know if the Lice B Gone works for me. It has enzymes that casue the mite to shed their shell and die pre-maturely. It will kill all the adult mites and there will be no reproducing. Unfortunately I will have to keep wearing it untill all eggs have hatched and the larva come into contact. I知 not even sure if it effects larva but it will kill the adults. The life cycle is 3 to 4 weeks. That means 5 weeks of treatment.

Do a search on this forum for Lice B Gone or Lice Are Gone and read those who say it helped. See if you can have every one in the house using the sulfur soap. In the very beginning of all this it was terrible and I could not imagine going on like this and I was one of the lucky ones not having bites or burrows but you get through it as best you can. You learn and then you try to help others and you never take for granted the things you have come to miss like just feeling sane, safe and whole again. I知 not totally there but I feel its close.

You will get over this and life will be good. You are just at the start of it and fortunately for you, you have stubled upon this forum. Take some time to read through and find what works for some and dont get scared or depressed when reading about those who have suffered for years. I have read through this and though I see many who are still suffering, many of those are worse case scenaries. I also noticed so many people who post whats working or what they will try but never come back. There are more of those who never come back once this nightmare is over.

It take months to get over this. Post scabies, is being the way you were before all of this. Crawling is still scabies as far as I知 concerned. The good thing about the crawling is that they are not deep in your skin so topical things like sulfur soap will work you just have to keep at it even when you think its not working, just keep using the soap. It will dry out your skin though so be sure to use baby oil when you are out of the shower. I find its better than lotion for extremely dry skin. When your skin is too dry to use the sulfur soap then discontinue and find an anti fungal powder with zinc and mix it in with the baby oil. I leared from this forum that diaper rach ointment helped clear scabies in some folks. It has the zinc oxide
Mite-not

Yucca Valley, CA

#8 Jul 27, 2012
BTW, some have theorized that the crawling sensation is the male mites not killed by the creams that are absorbed into the skin. Male mites can survive on the surface the way common human demodex mites do by living off of dead skin cells and skin oils.

The DE (diatomatios earth) will act like razor blades to these tiney mites. One guy claimed to cure scabies on this forum with grape seed oil and DE.

I
Nan

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jul 27, 2012
Hang in there! If you followed the cleaning protocol and took the cream as directed along with everyone in your household, you are most likely cured and are just dealing with the post symptoms.

The crawling sensations are not bugs on you. Unless your doctor has done scrapings and found live mights. You need to keep telling yourself it's not bugs.

I did not have creepy crawling sensations until after I did the treatment, particularly on my face and scalp. Now I do. This is just part of what we have to go through unfortunately. Some of us it will just be for a couple of weeks, others a few months.

Try to give your skin a break and stop putting anything on it. You don't have bugs any more. You will heal faster if you just leave your skin alone.
Mite-not

Yucca Valley, CA

#10 Jul 27, 2012
I do not agree. I got desperate and spray bug spray with only permetherin in it and all of the crawling stopped temporarily. When I discontinued changing my bedding, the crawling increased and moved into my nose, eyes and ears.

The DE and sulfur soap are crucial! I know Nan is trying to help.

I have read that after a while the crawling may go away and it makes sense if the males mites that live on the surface can no longer breed but if you have any raised itch bumps that increase over time, it is NOT post scabies! ITs female mites.

You wont have to take my word for it, just look over the this forum for people who went through what we are going through.

Change your bedding,

Only wear fli-flops around the housr that can be sanitized
Iron your cloths and bedding really good before use
use Sulfur soap and DE

Thats what I reccamend for the next 30 days. By then, you will see if other in the house start braking out or not.

Its so much easier to believe someone than its something you want to hear. I listened to the doctors and got worse. Just about every one here sings the same song!

Location hidden

#11 Jul 27, 2012
It's pretty easy to find out if you still have scabies. Just go back to your doctor and have extensive skin scrapings. There are lots and lots of people that were cured right away from scabies after following the standard protocol. They just aren't on these forums.

If you continue to mess with your skin, you will continue to have symptoms. If you continue to read scary stories constantly on the net, you're going to itch. Itchiness as you probably well know can be very psychosomatic. Just think of all the times in the past (before life with scabies) that someone was talking about bugs and you would feel crawlies and itchies. It would happen to me all the time.
carol is coming

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2012
It's a fact, skin scrapings are only 50% accurate and when there are no viable signs, doctors won't even do the skin scrape.

People have posted the link to scienific published research regarding skin scrapes and how common they don't find mites 50% of the time.

Listen to your skin, to your body. You know when you feel things crawling on you. Nan is almost saying you are crazy. I became crazy by listening to my doctor and dermatologist who said it was just dry skin. The mites then spread to my ears and eyelashes.

It was photosensitive to beside them over what my body was telling me. I wasted to beloved them, followed their advice and here I am 5 months later. Only now after cleaning, soaking and taking ovariectomy twice a week, am I getting less movement on the scalp and feeling like this could be over not too long from now.
carol is coming

United States

#13 Jul 27, 2012
Many of my words above were auto corrected to unintended words...
over it

Helensvale, Australia

#14 Jul 27, 2012
it is true, reading this forum will make you itchy! some things here truly scared the cr*p out of me so read with an open mind.

continue your treatments when appropriate, i think benzyl benzoate is great and i am confident i was cured with bb and stromectol. do give your skin a rest too, it is sensitive and needs care. i had spots when i stopped all my treatments and it was horrifying, but i was determined not to over-treat my skin. just give your skin time (multiple days) and reassess your symptoms. i kept a little diary of what was going on.

a cure is achievable! many people the world over have tackled this. much luck to you.

Ireland

#15 Jul 28, 2012
Hey guys thanks so much for all your comments.. i still havent used the Benzyl Benzoate... just the tea tree shampoo and conditioner and head and shoulders shampoo! And coconut lotion! Basically the crawling has stopped on my scalp and face! Last night i had no crawling at all.. but today its all over my body.......... i really dont have a clue! But i want to wait until Thursday and see if the crawling continues as that will be my second week mark since my last treatment, if it still persists, i'll assume im still infected and treat with sulfur soaps and BB! In more positive news.... My sores are fading :D and also i dont think ive got any more lesions/bites/bumps!:) now, just the crawling :(
Shellys Welltsies

Yucca Valley, CA

#16 Jul 29, 2012
It could be your bed cloths. Be sure to wash them and Iron them. You should also have a plastic cover on your mattress and vacuum regularly around it.

If it is not possible to have fresh blanket, sheets and something to use as a pillow, then iron the old ones thoroughly each night. I know it sounds like a pain but scabies its worse.

When you get the Diatomaceous Earth, then you can pat it into your bedding and can sleep using the same bedding for up to 3 or 4 days as long as there are no new bumps.

While ironing your bedding, iron our cloths for the day before. All of this wont take you more than an hour and 15 min each night.
Shellys Welltsies

Yucca Valley, CA

#17 Jul 29, 2012
If you are still getting itchy bumps, I have just read and posted information on this forum regarding Bitter Mellon. Taking two capsules, 3 times a day for 2 weeks cured someone on this forum.

Do some research on it and try it along with the cleaning I mentioned. You may be able to prevent re-infection from other household members still infected with Bitter Melon once you have cured yourself of scabies.

Try those shampoos that got rid of the crawlies on your scalp, al over your body but leave them on for 20 minutes. MAybe that will get rid of them there. Then, be sure when you go to bed, its on fresh clean sheets, blankets and pillow.

walk from your room to the bathroom and back using flip flops so your feet never touch the floor.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 29, 2012
carol is coming wrote:
It's a fact, skin scrapings are only 50% accurate and when there are no viable signs, doctors won't even do the skin scrape.
People have posted the link to scienific published research regarding skin scrapes and how common they don't find mites 50% of the time.
Listen to your skin, to your body. You know when you feel things crawling on you. Nan is almost saying you are crazy. I became crazy by listening to my doctor and dermatologist who said it was just dry skin. The mites then spread to my ears and eyelashes.
It was photosensitive to beside them over what my body was telling me. I wasted to beloved them, followed their advice and here I am 5 months later. Only now after cleaning, soaking and taking ovariectomy twice a week, am I getting less movement on the scalp and feeling like this could be over not too long from now.
True, scrapings are Not reliable. Neither are doctors, Derms are dumbest doctors in medical community. They have no clue!

Ireland

#19 Jul 29, 2012
Shelly Welltsies.... are those tips from past experiences or are you still experiencing this? Thanks for your help!:)

Ireland

#20 Jul 29, 2012
Feeling really crawly and ithcy atm.. got an itchy area on my neck with two TINY bumps :( take it theyre not gone :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to keep these mites out of your hair (Mar '10) 6 hr Bran68 97
Possible Solution 6 hr Bran68 4
I am cured using 100% undiluted tea tree oil. (Jan '08) 9 hr Springtail free 89
Collembola Springtails VS Delusory Parasitosis ... (Feb '10) 10 hr Springtail free 66
WTF... demodox? 12 hr Needhelp 1
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) 13 hr Bugcrazy 217
Where did you buy ivermectin from? (online) (Mar '09) Sat Jeff 47
More from around the web