Taste of ivermectin?
Ian

Whitby, Canada

#1 Aug 19, 2007
Can anyone who's taken doctor-prescribed ivermectin recall what do the tablets taste like?

The reason I'm asking is that I ordered my tablets through an online pharmacy ( pharmacyave.com ) and received pills that are supposedly made by an Indian pharmaceutical company. Most online literature describes ivermectin to be intensely bitter in taste; however these tablets have a mild sweet flavor.

Amidst all the news about fake drugs coming from India, I'm concerned about whether they're the real thing or not...
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#2 Aug 20, 2007
Ian wrote:
Can anyone who's taken doctor-prescribed ivermectin recall what do the tablets taste like?
The reason I'm asking is that I ordered my tablets through an online pharmacy ( pharmacyave.com ) and received pills that are supposedly made by an Indian pharmaceutical company. Most online literature describes ivermectin to be intensely bitter in taste; however these tablets have a mild sweet flavor.
Amidst all the news about fake drugs coming from India, I'm concerned about whether they're the real thing or not...
Really they are to be bitter sweet taste?.. Most of the ones I ordered online taste like candy..hmm
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#3 Aug 20, 2007
Well from what I have been researching the bitter taste mostly talks about Ivermectin for pets or what not. You have the link? The ones I ordered off the internet gives me all the classic sysmtoms like head aches and around after an hour of taking them you skin crawls like crazy. Hence the mites are either dying from it or don't like the medication at all. Watch out for chinese counterfits..
Ian

Whitby, Canada

#4 Aug 20, 2007
AIhatesitchin:

The info that I came across was pertaining to animal formulations of the drug as well, but I'd assume it means ivermectin in its pure state, without any additivies, is supposed to be bitter.

Do you mind telling me which online pharmacy did you order your iver from, and its brand name? The brand that I've bought is labelled Ivermectol, marketed by Onchoa laboratories, India.

I haven't experienced much headache nor crawling sensations, but then again it might simply because the mite count on my body isn't that high.
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#5 Aug 20, 2007
I ordered mine from ABC meds I just recently recieved. The other one if from Canadian Pharmacy, and you can try magicpharmica. You should be getting the crawling sensations and head aches. The classic systoms are Nausea, bloating, diarrhea, headache, lightheadedness, or muscle aches may occur also joint pains. You should be having one of those.. I dunno.. maybe it's fake. But you might be the lucky one that don't have any of the side affects. There is a link on this forum to order Ivermecting. Let me find it and post it for you.
Brad

Shanghai, China

#6 Apr 3, 2014
I also just bought Ivermectin from on online pharmacy supposedly based in Cyprus. The pills are called Ivcol 6, and the foil package that each pill is enclosed in says it's from Coles a division of Zenlabs India. There was absolutely no taste to the pills whatsoever, and they were extremely crumbly, so i'm concerned that i may not actually be ivermectin. Has anyone bought from Coles, Zenlabs or from Cyprus? Could a $5 pill really be made so poorly that it crumbles if you try to snap it in half?

Thanks!
overkill

France

#7 Jul 27, 2015
Topical ivermectin penetrates the upper layers of the skin very readily. It will kill the egg-laying females in the burrows and destroy the reproduction cycle of the mites in no time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies DOES go away! (Feb '10) 1 hr Xoxom 139
Equine Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Sep '10) 2 hr Fourever bugged out 100
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 10 hr TheTruthBeTols 227
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Sun Joyce bawary 4,819
Do I have scabies or something else? I desperat... (Sep '12) Sun Tara 112
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) Sun 7_years 660
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS TO GET CURED FROM SCABIES. ... (Mar '11) Sun Minnie 2
More from around the web