die scabies die!!
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
had enough

Torrance, CA

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Hello everybody. I'm sorry you're here and have been infected/infested with scabies mites.
Hopefully you'll be reassured by some of the posts here. You are not alone.

At this present moment in time, I am not cured.
In November last year (14 months ago) I slept with a man I was dating. I noticed he had a rash on his stomach. He explained he was allergic to the metal on his belt. I though nothing of it. I borrowed his towel in the morning after a shower. I saw him for another date a couple of weeks later and stayed over at his again.
I then moved into a new house and we had some issues with it, mould and damp from a couple of external cracks that we eventually resolved, fleas in on of the carpets, which we killed with hard-core flea spray from the vets and changed the carpet.
During getting bitten by the fleas and suffering from flu-like symptoms from the mould (classic-which improved when I left the house) I was getting more and more ill. My mum wasnt expressing anything nearly like me- my skin was erupting in itchy little pimple blisters, which when I came home and removed my clothes would scratch my skin to bits. I was getting really scared. I thought it was just a histamine allergy reaction to the flea bites. I took antihiatamines. The itch became worse, and the blisteres. Now I had scabs and raised spots.
Sorted the damp, cracks and mould and carpets, but I was still bad.
I hadnt seen my male friend for 3-4 months. I had decided not to keep in touch.
I went to the GP after looking online and giggling with a friend that I may have scabies (i was convinced I hadnt)
At this point it was all over my body. Covered in scabs and spots. I looked hideous. I was desperate.
The GP DIAGNOSED SCABIES. I WAS MORTIFIED AND IN DENIAL. NO WAY. NO WAY JOSE!
I used the cream as prescribed after being in tears. Then used it a week later. Washing all clothes, carpets, bedding, everything I touched.......
Kept using the cream for about 3 months. Infestation down by around 50%. Neurological changes in my hands, still itchy, still crawling, still washing everything daily. I think at this point I had given it to my mum.
Realising the permethrin was no longer effective, and the symptoms of pins and needles and numbness from the perm cream were worsening, I looked for a natural solution. After all what did the Romans and Egyptians do to get rid of these things????
I tried sulphur soap (still use it)
bleach
msm cream
For months and months.... getting to 90% clear 'almost there' but then they were back....

I CANT EXPLAIN THE DEPRESSION OR SHAME or confusion about how???..... and we both had it.

So recently- determined this wasnt to be a life sentence, and Id just met a lovely guy- NO WAY I WAS GIVING IT TO HIM OR ANYONE ELSE!

My mum was pressuring me for us to use Permethrin again. I really didnt want to. But what else? I knew that was all that the gp's or dermatologists can prescribe in the UK.

WHAT ELSE WILL WORK?

SO i found the research about CLOVE OIL and NEEM OIL. Link to clove oil research: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20711455

After using this on my body, I got rid of them on my body!!! But then one week later we both had them on our necks and faces, and chests and backs.
Realising we weren't treating our scalps or hair, we have been treating our hair daily for the past week or so too, and they are going. They are fighting to stay, so trying to attack our hands to get a better anchor spot.

Also, I told the new guy I'm dating I cant have a physical relationship. Until I'm clear I'm not going to do what the guy did that gave them to me... LIE, and pass them on.

The new guy is really cool with it. Thank god. It took a lot of nerve and worry, and risking losing him to tell him. I was prepared for him to never want to see me again. He understands I feel disgusting, and will wait and be supportive. I just explained it was a 'skin parasite' and is hard to get rid of, but will be gone eventually.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 4, 2013
You need to message me at lotus fan and give me your email then I will send you a word file with all the information you need.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Feb 4, 2013
It's great that your new guy is supportive. It's hard going through this alone. I used clove oil on my body for a while mixed with either grapes seed oil or olive oil. It helped, but did not cure. I pray that this works for you. It's the worse thing I have ever dealt with.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
It's great that your new guy is supportive. It's hard going through this alone. I used clove oil on my body for a while mixed with either grapes seed oil or olive oil. It helped, but did not cure. I pray that this works for you. It's the worse thing I have ever dealt with.
Ditto to all the above my friend.
Canada aka MiteMiner

Montréal, Canada

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Same here, had enough. I have not posted for many months waiting to be cured before posting again. Although my condition is much improved now after many months of various intensive treatments, I am not yet cured.

I too reached the 90% point several times using clove oil, but I could never go longer than two days without symptoms returning. Last September I tried taking 400ug/lb oral 1.87% ivermectin twice a day for 30 days without success. I followed that up with a month of oral 2% moxidectin double dose every 4 days, and still no cure (continuously using clove oil during these treatments.)

I have been maintaining my progress with turpentine gum oil, supplementing with 24-hour periods covered in 5% permethrin lotion. This works to some degree, but permethrin is expensive and is only effective outside the skin. It simply does not penetrate to reach the deeper ones, those well embedded under the skin. As a solvent, I think turpentine oil might work better than clove oil, but is likely more poisonous. But then again, they give chemo and radiation to cancer patients and many eventually get better.

I hope you find your cure. I'm going to try Eprinex, alcohol and Citrasolv next.

To other posters not yet on this thread, please be considerate--if we want info about morgellons or cures already presented in other threads, we'll look elsewhere. You don't need to post here. Thank you.
Awkward

Springfield, NJ

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Canada aka MiteMiner wrote:
To other posters not yet on this thread, please be considerate--if we want info about morgellons or cures already presented in other threads, we'll look elsewhere. You don't need to post here. Thank you.
AMEN!!
Infestedagain

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2013
The liquid injectable ivermectin worked for me with my previous case. I took it twice, 7 days apart. I have had scabies so many times. I really do believe you need to wait after treatment. You can still show many signs and symptoms after you are cured, for quite some time. But eventually they do go away. I wish you luck. And I highly recommend ivermectin. Either the injectable which you mix with a dash of juice or the apple flavored horse paste whivh you take orally and can also mix with lotion. Good luck!

Location hidden

#8 Feb 6, 2013
Infestedagain wrote:
The liquid injectable ivermectin worked for me with my previous case. I took it twice, 7 days apart. I have had scabies so many times. I really do believe you need to wait after treatment. You can still show many signs and symptoms after you are cured, for quite some time. But eventually they do go away. I wish you luck. And I highly recommend ivermectin. Either the injectable which you mix with a dash of juice or the apple flavored horse paste whivh you take orally and can also mix with lotion. Good luck!
I did the liquid iver for a while and it didn't work. What are some symptoms that you felt after you felt you were cured?
Infestedagain

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2013
I took the ivermectin with just a tiny bit of juice and did not eat anything for about 5 hours. During those hours I cleNed everything. Fresh sheets then first thing in the morning everything into the wash again. Strip down, shower. Clothez straight from the dryer. Repeat cleaning until second dose 5-7 days later. Then continue cleaning for another week.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 6, 2013
Infestedagain wrote:
Same. Itching, some bumps, crawling. The time before last that I had them the symptoms carried on for a couple montha then went away.
Then how do you know your cleared? did you ever get tracks? or black specks come out?
Its soo confusing to know if you are clear or not.
Infestedagain

United States

#13 Feb 6, 2013
There are no black specks. You CANNOT see scabies with the naked eye. If you see black things coming out of your skin you have something else. You will know you are clear when the symptoms become less and less. It is a matter of patience. Do not obsessively put all kinds of things on your skin. It will make this WORSE. Do the treatment and wait it out.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Infestedagain wrote:
There are no black specks. You CANNOT see scabies with the naked eye. If you see black things coming out of your skin you have something else. You will know you are clear when the symptoms become less and less. It is a matter of patience. Do not obsessively put all kinds of things on your skin. It will make this WORSE. Do the treatment and wait it out.
The specks are as big as a >. But you can see it. I think your right that putting so much on your skin will confuse you, and you will still think they are around even after your cured. Good luck on you your treatment!
Infestedagain

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Good luck to you! I will post again once cured.
had enough

Barking, UK

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Hi everyone, thanks for posting. I've had black specks, like fleas its the poo and dirt/faeces from the scabies.

Since posting, continued with routine: having changed pillow cases daily, drip drying without using a towel (very difficult with thick long hair!!) Spraying coconut, neem and clove oils mixed VERY STRONG!- it burns on contact with my face or neck. Using coconut oil to equal half neem and half clove oil mixed in spray bottle and applied very generously everywhere and hair and all scalp overnight then washed out in the morning and reapplied everywhere...(aside from hair in daytime as i have to work!)
And since: have had facial bites - sides of face, nose, and behind ears- as they have crawled out of my hair, so every day i treat my face too.

It's now the 12th of FEB. 3 days ago my arms and hands came out in tiny bumps-all over!! Ive had minimal but still continuous CRAWLING- not itching. NO black specks for 3 days, no eggs/ or scabies on fingers or hands- as I'm using cotton gloves steeped in oil mix sleeping with them on at night.(from Boot's Uk)

I think Im in POST-SCABIES...... Im going to continue like this for 2 more weeks to see....... as it seems its just a hypersensitivity reaction?!?!

The acid test.... we shall see..........I'll post again xx

Location hidden

#17 Feb 12, 2013
had enough wrote:
Hi everyone, thanks for posting. I've had black specks, like fleas its the poo and dirt/faeces from the scabies.
Since posting, continued with routine: having changed pillow cases daily, drip drying without using a towel (very difficult with thick long hair!!) Spraying coconut, neem and clove oils mixed VERY STRONG!- it burns on contact with my face or neck. Using coconut oil to equal half neem and half clove oil mixed in spray bottle and applied very generously everywhere and hair and all scalp overnight then washed out in the morning and reapplied everywhere...(aside from hair in daytime as i have to work!)
And since: have had facial bites - sides of face, nose, and behind ears- as they have crawled out of my hair, so every day i treat my face too.
It's now the 12th of FEB. 3 days ago my arms and hands came out in tiny bumps-all over!! Ive had minimal but still continuous CRAWLING- not itching. NO black specks for 3 days, no eggs/ or scabies on fingers or hands- as I'm using cotton gloves steeped in oil mix sleeping with them on at night.(from Boot's Uk)
I think Im in POST-SCABIES...... Im going to continue like this for 2 more weeks to see....... as it seems its just a hypersensitivity reaction?!?!
I'm rooting for you! whats the acid test? Do you ever feel pin pricking when the black speck comes out?
had enough

Barking, UK

#18 Feb 13, 2013
the acid test is waiting im afraid. No i havent felt any pricking when the black speck comes out, they're just everywhere as if i have got fluff from a black towel on me. Not had any for 4 days or so.

Im MEGA STRESSED OUT, to the point where I saw the Doctor 2 days ago my blood pressure (usually normal at 120/80) was 160/90- very high!!

The bumps i have now are just like the ones i got at the beginning, smaller, very raised pink-red (not dark red) bumps, some no colour, randomly spaced all over my arms and hands-not palms, up my arms and on chest. my skin on my neck is a bit dry and rough, with bumps, and my bottom lip is constantly chapped.(all signs of being run down & stressed)
Oh and stupidly I absent-mindedly over-exfoliated my hand and rubbed a hole in my skin which is healing very slowly- so when it speeds up i'll know im getting better.

Guys, Ive had NO NEW BITES. NO BURROWS FOR MONTHS.
If when these bumps clear up my skin is clear I'll be cured, and over this 15 month nightmare. I'm hoping!!! Still using the cocnut/neem/clove oil mix for the next 2 weeks with same routine.........
had enough

Barking, UK

#19 Feb 13, 2013
to be clear- my last new bites were about a week ago. but no burrows for months. took ages to get them off my hands and thumb- finished them off there about 10 days to 2 weeks ago.

I'm really making sure you all hear my story EXACTLY as it happens, as so much advice on here has been pretty variable- some useful, some not, and to have this shit for 15 months has driven me nearly to suicide. If I can get rid of it, then I'll help as much as possible to help you guys too.

x
had enough

Barking, UK

#20 Feb 13, 2013
i forgot to mention my hairbrushes live in bleach when I'm not using them (not my makeup brushes tho)

ALSO: SERIOUSLY YOU CAN SEE SCABIES WITH THE NAKED EYE!!!!!!!!!!dead ones)

After applying my first ever application of Star Anise oil diluted in coconut (whilst I was waiting for clove & neem in the post) I felt very small gritty white bits come off my body as i kept rubbing in the cream after about 20 mins of applying it. They are either round or more longitudinal. Males and Nymphs i suppose, dying from the oil. This was the first time I had ever seen them and kept seeing them and picking them off every time I applied the oil.

Also the little randomly shaped black bits I would also pick off, which were on my bedding, and appeared from nowhere on my skin & towel after a shower.

I stopped blow-drying my hair sitting on my bed, as i thought i might be reinfesting myself that way. also, Ive been changing my pilllowcase every day for the past week, too (washing sheets weekly as normal.)

iVe been more slack on what Im wearing twice- i mean they live on US not CLOTHES, but extra itchy days I tend not to wear the clothes more than once.

SERIOUSLY, THE PARANOIA IS OVERWHELMING..........

Weirdly though, although stressed out, BP through the roof to the point my hands are shaking, pimples everywhere (minimally itchy when im upset or stressed any more than normal) still drenched in neem/clove/coconut oil mix... I feel DIFFERENT today.... Oh my god please let this nightmare be ending........
xx

Location hidden

#21 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for posting. I would like to ask you a few more questions, do you mind clicking on my name and I can send you my email address? There is so much negativity on the forum. I would prefer asking you privately. Thanks

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22 Feb 13, 2013
had enough wrote:
The black specks are specs of keratin that your skin produces for a variety of reasons in this case it is a false signal.

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-955...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 2 hr Retta 1,227
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 4 hr Dsccox 1,462
How do you get rid of Scabies if keep poking yo... (Oct '11) 8 hr Wintercat 22
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 9 hr Bill 998
30 days in a row of Ivermectin as a cure (Sep '10) 10 hr JohnA 42
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) 17 hr judyd 116
Vacuuming the body? Fri JohnA 1
More from around the web