Lye Baths& Rubs to Reveal Nests & Bites
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#27 Jun 23, 2013
lotus_fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sh*t, this is easily one of the dumbest things ever done in the SC forum.
Lotus Fan, I think it is TIME that you leave this forum. You are running people away. I will make it my job to get rid of you here on this forum, if it is the VERY LAST THING that i do here. I know you can't stay away because you DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE GOING FOR YOU IN YOUR LIFE. You will NOT make a difference here. Get off the scabies forum. If you are done with scabies, then move on. If you have lyme symptoms, there are plenty of lyme forums for you out there. This is NOT the forum for you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#28 Sep 12, 2013
It worked and I am cured, all I do now is maitenance.

This is the only thing that ever really worked
for whatever it was that I had in my skin.

I burned myself in the beginning. Then waited 7-10 days and went back to this.

Use from 5 or more heaping teaspoons in a bathtub of very hot water. I typically soaked my feet for 10-15 minutes first.

Some others on this board or that I have been in touch with have used from 8-9 teaspoons. I have tried 8, it has been effective.

Must stay in the bath tub for at least 25 minutes. Sometimes up to 45 minutes.

It does not hurt your eyes since you have a layer of fluid to protect the cornea.

You must soak your scalp as well, using towels, thick ones which you put on your head while soaking the body. Massage the scalp with the towels as well.

This has been by far the most effective thing I have ever used and I have used it all from this forum.

Some have suggested using 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons of caustic soda/lye with 20 ounces of water. You cook in a microW, about 6 ounces of water for 1 min or less, then put in the lye, about 1/2 teaspoon, then add another 14 ounces of water. This is a strong strong formula and produces skin burns but goes in deep inthe skin. To use on calluses, scalp and or feet and calves, skin from the knees below to the feet are tough and can usually take this.

RK Out

Location hidden

#29 Sep 12, 2013
So in the end, the best treatment for me was sitting in a tub for long periods of time with from 5-8 teaspoons of lye, heaping teaspoons.

Must use pretty hot water which makes the lye active, it penetrates skin easily because the molecule size of lye is much smaller than a water molecule which is what we are made of (and skin of course).

Use at your own risk and discretion. I am not a medical professional in any way shaper or form.
pretty crazy

Bronx, NY

#30 Sep 12, 2013
RK in the house wrote:
So in the end, the best treatment for me was sitting in a tub for long periods of time with from 5-8 teaspoons of lye, heaping teaspoons.
RK, do you have hair? what did the lye baths do to your hair? how often did you bathe?
unbelievable

United States

#31 Sep 12, 2013
Yes, what happened to your hair? Actually, I am also wondering about "private parts" as well. Does it hurt your private area? It seems you are a man RK, did Fairy speak about that at all? Thanks in advance.
unbelievable

United States

#32 Sep 13, 2013
Faerie with Ogglies,

Please tell me you are not rubbing holes in your small dog with Lye. If you are then that would be considered animal abuse. Please take your dog to the vet and have him/her tested and/or treated for mites. If it is a matter of money, please let me know how to get in touch with you and I will send you the money. When your vet does a scrape he should scrape all the way down until he is getting a little blood. Perhaps you could point to the area you would like scraped to sample that area specifically. Please, if you are rubbing holes in the dog or creating any kind of burn on your dog, please please stop. Your dog does not deserve to be a victim. Allow the vet to take care of the animal. What you do to yourself is your own business. Trust me, I know how hard this is but please allow your dog to be checked properly. A real skin scrape should be done in the most suspicious area and it should take the entire top layer of the skin, as I said, to the capillaries. If there is a presence of mites it will be found in any of the multiple layers sampled. Have them take multiple samples if you would like, perhaps even a biopsy, but IF you are rubbing holes into the dog...STOP. It had to be said.
Honey

Springfield, NJ

#33 Sep 13, 2013
pretty crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
RK, do you have hair? what did the lye baths do to your hair? how often did you bathe?
I was thinking the Same thing. Lye was taken out of relaxers because it burns the scalp, but does make your hair straight...

Location hidden

#34 Sep 15, 2013
I have hair, it burns the mites in the dermis out of your scalp. This takes quite some time, about 75 days or so.

Schedule? Every other day or 1 day in 3. Mostly I do this every other day.

I have noticed some hair loss but not excessive.

Just fairly normal.

Use at your own discretion. I am not a medical prof. in any way, shape or form.

RK
FRED

Golden, CO

#36 Sep 15, 2013
RK in the house wrote:
It worked and I am cured, all I do now is maitenance.
This is the only thing that ever really worked
for whatever it was that I had in my skin.
I burned myself in the beginning. Then waited 7-10 days and went back to this.
Use from 5 or more heaping teaspoons in a bathtub of very hot water. I typically soaked my feet for 10-15 minutes first.
Some others on this board or that I have been in touch with have used from 8-9 teaspoons. I have tried 8, it has been effective.
Must stay in the bath tub for at least 25 minutes. Sometimes up to 45 minutes.
It does not hurt your eyes since you have a layer of fluid to protect the cornea.
You must soak your scalp as well, using towels, thick ones which you put on your head while soaking the body. Massage the scalp with the towels as well.
This has been by far the most effective thing I have ever used and I have used it all from this forum.
Some have suggested using 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons of caustic soda/lye with 20 ounces of water. You cook in a microW, about 6 ounces of water for 1 min or less, then put in the lye, about 1/2 teaspoon, then add another 14 ounces of water. This is a strong strong formula and produces skin burns but goes in deep inthe skin. To use on calluses, scalp and or feet and calves, skin from the knees below to the feet are tough and can usually take this.
RK Out
"Cured" doesn't require "maintenance". It requires maintenance because RK has a systemic bacterial infection and has been treating it like a mite infection for years.

This is really dumb. Really dumb.
Absolute

Germany

#37 Sep 15, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cured" doesn't require "maintenance". It requires maintenance because RK has a systemic bacterial infection and has been treating it like a mite infection for years.
This is really dumb. Really dumb.
With this virulent parasite, some people have to use substances which are toxic. Let the people post their cures. His posts are helpful. This just may be the cure for someone out there.
Felicia

Hamilton, Canada

#38 Sep 20, 2013
I did a lye bath the other night. I used 3 teaspoons of lye in a tub of hot water, or warm/hot water. I didn't want to use too much because I didn't know if it was going to burn me or what would happen.

I used a wash cloth. Just washing all the areas where the mites are active, like my feet and legs and neck and back and face and scalp.

I could feel it working on the active areas. And it's been a few days and I don't feel much activity. I'll let you know what happens when I do it again. I will use 4 teaspoons next time, because I think just 3 teaspoons is not enough to open up the nests of mites and eggs (in such a large amount of water in the tub).

I'll let you know how it goes. Yes, I know this is dangerous, but it really seemed to make a difference. They make lye soap out of lye, and it's not like I am using alot of it, just enough to make a difference. I will see how 4 teaspoons works out the next time and report back.

You can buy the lye on Amazon. I am not sure if they sell this in the stores. I haven't looked yet.

I am not a doctor. I am a stranger on the internet. Use at your own risk. Be very careful with it, as it is caustic. Don't get it on your skin without diluting it in a tub of water. Needs to be diluted in a tub of warm or hot water first and then carefully wash your skin with it with a wash cloth. Don't get it in your eyes.

I am just a person on the net. Don't do what I do. Maybe try lye soap first. You can buy lye soap on the net, too.

And I am measuring TEASPOONS AND NOT TABLESPOONS. You can't use too much of this stuff, as it is a drain cleaner and breaks down bacteria in drains.
Xyz

Mountain View, CA

#39 Mar 21, 2016
Bumping this thread. Hope it helps someone out there who is having a hard time with their infestation.
bugged out

Temecula, CA

#40 May 5, 2016
I'm trying it and it's working! Proceed with caution!
Catlaw

Lufkin, TX

#41 May 6, 2016
Has anyone noticed when you touch a spot or scab that a substance come out and feels like a small (very) electrical current. I'm losing feeling in my finger tips. Mornings I'm fine as day goes on the top layer becomes numb. I've also noticed opalescent strings on my clothing?????? And always on table or where I've been? This is crazy, but I've been fighting this for 10 months now with not much progress. HELP!
bugged out

Temecula, CA

#42 May 6, 2016
Catlaw wrote:
Has anyone noticed when you touch a spot or scab that a substance come out and feels like a small (very) electrical current. I'm losing feeling in my finger tips. Mornings I'm fine as day goes on the top layer becomes numb. I've also noticed opalescent strings on my clothing?????? And always on table or where I've been? This is crazy, but I've been fighting this for 10 months now with not much progress. HELP!
You might want to look into Morgellons.
Lye Baths

Hollywood, FL

#43 May 7, 2016
It is best to keep this thread to its original subject, that being lye baths. Not many people on this forum have tried it or have written about it and more people need to try it and to report their findings. The spammers on thia forum need to find something else to do.
bugged out

Temecula, CA

#44 May 14, 2016
Not much to report right now. I still have scabies and have been doing the lye baths for a month and a half now. I am still very cautious as I don't want to burn myself. I have made some progress only to be set back again. At first all signs of scabies ceased, absolutely no itching or movement but as I continued with baths I then began to be attacked with intense movement and crawling. I feel I stirred the mites up and they went on the defensive. I am now slowly getting back to feeling less movement. I am switching between MMS baths and Lye baths nightly. My main goal is to feel zero itchiness in the morning upon waking, which usually tells me I am on the right track. I think lye baths could be a possible cure but something that will take time. MMS has basically saved my life. It has helped me tremendously but has not been a cure.

I've had scabies for 8 years so if there is a cure it will take time. Boy do I wish I knew about lye baths and MMS years ago.
Flossyfaerie

Mitchelton, Australia

#45 Jun 9, 2016
People just dont bother to read.

Then they make assumptions.

Using Lye Baths was only ever used to REVEAL THE NESTS. Where they are. So you can focus on them with topicals.

It was never spoken of as a potential cure. Sure it would kill crawlers, just like anything would.

But the nests can go downwards a centimetre or more. The nests are impenetrable and pump out mites and protect eggs.

At least revealing them can help people see what they are dealing with.

PS. YES I still have a couple of nests on the top of my feet I am working on. I had some cut out. I used black salve on some.

NO I wont answer questions about using black salve.

I dont have any movement, pinpricks anywhere. My whole body apart from these couple of sores on my feet is clear. The only time I get a pinprick in one of them is if I go into a hardware shop where there is manure.

I do not know if this means there is a mite in there or if it means there are mites in the shop.

I revealed the nests so I could truly gauge whether I was cured or not. When all revealed nests turn into a scar, thats when I will believe for sure there is no chance of it starting up again.

PS I cleared my whole body and head by taking Albendazole.

Faerie with OOglies.(well one on my foot at least)
Free Style

Hollywood, FL

#46 Jun 11, 2016
Fairy, i have some questions about the black salve.

Just kidding!! Hope you get your complete cure soon!!
bugged out

Temecula, CA

#47 Jul 9, 2016
Flossyfaerie wrote:
People just dont bother to read.

Then they make assumptions.

Using Lye Baths was only ever used to REVEAL THE NESTS. Where they are. So you can focus on them with topicals.

It was never spoken of as a potential cure. Sure it would kill crawlers, just like anything would.

But the nests can go downwards a centimetre or more. The nests are impenetrable and pump out mites and protect eggs.

At least revealing them can help people see what they are dealing with.

PS. YES I still have a couple of nests on the top of my feet I am working on. I had some cut out. I used black salve on some.

NO I wont answer questions about using black salve.

I dont have any movement, pinpricks anywhere. My whole body apart from these couple of sores on my feet is clear. The only time I get a pinprick in one of them is if I go into a hardware shop where there is manure.

I do not know if this means there is a mite in there or if it means there are mites in the shop.

I revealed the nests so I could truly gauge whether I was cured or not. When all revealed nests turn into a scar, thats when I will believe for sure there is no chance of it starting up again.

PS I cleared my whole body and head by taking Albendazole.

Faerie with OOglies.(well one on my foot at least)
Well Faerie with multiple names, I am only here to share my experience and not to discredit anyone. We are all trying for a possible cure and the more we share the better. Lye baths are helping me, so thank you for starting this thread.

Again, proceed with much caution if using lye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colloidal Silver (Jan '17) 5 hr Akilah1 3
have you had scabies for years post here. (Jul '10) 10 hr Honeybee Nanny 43
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 10 hr Honeybee Nanny 236
it is not scabies it is carpet beetles (Apr '16) Tue surfmaiden 12
How do you get rid of Scabies if keep poking yo... (Oct '11) Tue Suppitschele 52
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) Apr 21 Shannon33538 243
Turpentine (Oct '10) Apr 20 Claris 32