Progress' Scabies Forum
bitchenmaui

Nashville, NC

#520 Aug 26, 2012
itchyfamily wrote:
Thank you bitchenmaui for giving me hope with your results with the manuka oil treatment. I've placed an order and am waiting for it now.
There are four of us, I'm wondering how best to use it for all of us.
Did you put drops of manuka oil in your bath or just apply directly to skin?
I would've ordered more than one, except that in our crazy attempts to get rid of scabies we are broke!
We try one new "thing" per month, trying to find the right one.
Thanks again, I'm happy to hear that it worked for you guys.
it is aug 26, 2012 and we have been cured.
We just ordered two scabie treatments and did as the directions said. After that we just kept using the product till it was all gone. We are still free of them. No baths, just shower with the soap and put the oil on and then the cream. it will kill all.
you are welcome and good luck to all.
CrawlyGirl

New York, NY

#521 Aug 26, 2012
Hi bitchenmaui, so glad you're cured. I tried to access the link you provided earlier for the manuka oil cure but it no longer works. Can you repost a link that does work? Thanks!
bitchenmaui wrote:
<quoted text>
it is aug 26, 2012 and we have been cured.
We just ordered two scabie treatments and did as the directions said. After that we just kept using the product till it was all gone. We are still free of them. No baths, just shower with the soap and put the oil on and then the cream. it will kill all.
you are welcome and good luck to all.
bitchenmaui

Holly Springs, NC

#522 Aug 26, 2012
CrawlyGirl wrote:
Hi bitchenmaui, so glad you're cured. I tried to access the link you provided earlier for the manuka oil cure but it no longer works. Can you repost a link that does work? Thanks!
<quoted text>
here ya go
http://www.manukanatural.com/scabies-natural-...
bitchenmaui

Holly Springs, NC

#523 Aug 27, 2012
here's both links again but the first one is the one that we know for sure killed all.

http://www.manukanatural.com/scabies-natural-...

http://korunaturalsnewzealand.com/East-Cape-M...
bitchenmaui wrote:
got the itch

Menomonee Falls, WI

#524 Sep 17, 2012
progress wrote:
To recap:
Day / details
1 iver/topical
2 move to hotel -- iver/topical
3 iver/topical
4 switch hotels (or beds) if possible -- iver/topical
5 iver/topical
7 iver/topical
8 move home -- iver/topical
9 iver/topical
10 iver/topical
11 iver/topical
12 iver/topical
13 iver/topical
14 iver/topical
15 stop treatment
16
17
18
19
20 iver/topical
21 iver/topical
22
23
24
25
26
27 iver/topical
28 iver/ topical
29 never treat again. have party invite everyone, don't tell them what the party is for, get hammered, sleep with stranger, contract non-scabies STD
I love it- have a party, get hammered-sleep with a starnger and get a non-scabies STD
Shelly Weltsy

Los Angeles, CA

#525 Sep 17, 2012
Never mind all my prior comments, I have bird mites. NOTHING works for them. I wish it was scabies! Scabies stays alive for up to 3 weeks (4 days they say for pple scabies and 3 weeks for pet scabies)

Bird mites 9 F*****G MONTHS! AAANND! thy nest in your house
got the itch

Menomonee Falls, WI

#526 Sep 17, 2012
but but
progress wrote:
GET A HOTEL FOR A WEEK (at least 4 days)
One of the most important factors i feel is reinfestation from the envirnoment. I do not believe that once an infestation has gone on long enough that any amount of spraying, mattress covering, vacuuming will work.
I believe that you need to completely get out of your environment. Get a hotel/motel for a week, or better yet two rooms. If you are treating continuously i think it is very unlikely you will give it to hotel staff or the next guest. Studies back this up.
Completely isolate all your clothing. Bring clean clothes for the week. Dont bring contaminated shoes. Buy cheap ones if you have to. Try and wear things once and isolate into garbage bags.
The day before you go to the hotel start treating continuosly with ivermectin approx 20 ug/kg. Dont worry about taking a bit too much the research shows it is very safe.
Take it with oily or fatty meal to increase absorption, or use the alcohol based iver solution. Drink grapefruit juice all week to keep the iver from breaking down. Take the ivermectin in the early afternoon so it is present on your skin in the evening and night when mites are active.
Sleep naked. Scratch as much as you want. I recommend sleeping pills to help you get through this.
Progress thank you so much for your postings it is so appreciated. I'm sorry for the negative comments you have received, maybe it's scabies rage? This said I need better understanding as I'm not as educated. Are you useing the recomended seven day treatment amounts everyday for ive every day?? I can figure ut the dosage amount as I'm useing the horse paste and it's measured based on body weight but i fear over dosing.... Please help
miteyMITES

Charlotte, NC

#527 Sep 28, 2012
MY FAMILY AND I ARE THREE MONTHS INTO THIS AND IM NUTZ AND ON NERVE PILLS NOW BECAUSE I FEEL HELPLESS HAVING TO WATCH MY 7 AND 5 YR OLD GO THRU THIS. WE HAVE ALMOST GONE BROKE FIGHTING THESE THINGS AND HAVE BEEN VERY SICK BECAUSE OF THE PERM CREAM...ALL THE CREAM DOES IS MAKE U SICK AND SLOW THWM DOWN. SO I AM NOW TRYING NATURAL SOLUTIONS AND NO LUCK YET SO PLZ FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME SOME ADVICE
got the itch

Green Bay, WI

#528 Oct 5, 2012
It's my forth day in the hotel and third month treating. I decided to follow Progress's methods as closely as I could. Things are definately improving- even my outlook is. My skin is another story. I have been uing a mixture of Benzyl benzoate (one part), tea tree oil (two parts), and Nu-Stock (5parts) which is a n animal mange treatment by smearing it all over and daily iver (horse paste) internally. Grapefruit juice and a high fat diet has been the high point. I can say my skin is cooked, wrinkled up like a very old man and painful after a few days and I was forced to take a day off of the topical for a day of baby oil to try to get my skin to stop hurting so much. It worked well and I decided to cut the topical mixture with the baby oil and did much better last night. As I have to work in a very public setting I cannot leave the topical on as it's not smell approved, nor is the white layer all over me I use a soap purchased on ebay, a natural tea tree, neem oil and sulfer mix which works very well but stinks and is a skin cooker as well.

After reading a few posts I would agree about taking some sort of antihistamine as the itch continues even after the bugs die. Man I really hope this works as the price has been high.
Is anyone still following this post?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529 Oct 7, 2012
got the itch wrote:
It's my forth day in the hotel and third month treating. I decided to follow Progress's methods as closely as I could. Things are definately improving- even my outlook is. My skin is another story. I have been uing a mixture of Benzyl benzoate (one part), tea tree oil (two parts), and Nu-Stock (5parts) which is a n animal mange treatment by smearing it all over and daily iver (horse paste) internally. Grapefruit juice and a high fat diet has been the high point. I can say my skin is cooked, wrinkled up like a very old man and painful after a few days and I was forced to take a day off of the topical for a day of baby oil to try to get my skin to stop hurting so much. It worked well and I decided to cut the topical mixture with the baby oil and did much better last night. As I have to work in a very public setting I cannot leave the topical on as it's not smell approved, nor is the white layer all over me I use a soap purchased on ebay, a natural tea tree, neem oil and sulfer mix which works very well but stinks and is a skin cooker as well.
After reading a few posts I would agree about taking some sort of antihistamine as the itch continues even after the bugs die. Man I really hope this works as the price has been high.
Is anyone still following this post?
Hi got the itch. How did it go? I am preparing to follow Progress's method as well. Getting supplies. How did you figure out the daily iver (horse paste)dose? Thank you and God bless!

Since: Sep 12

Joplin, MO

#530 Oct 8, 2012
Is standard organic olive oil from the grocery store a good carrier for lavender in a hot bath? I am going to use it with borax, peroxide 3%, baking soda and epsom salts once a day for as long as i have to
Miteymites

San Jose, CA

#531 Oct 8, 2012
I stopped using the creams and all the other stuff after about 3 months of treatment to find out i'm cured and so is my family...the perm.cream was giving us the same side effects as the mites and were still getting some of the side effects off and on but getting better

Since: Sep 12

Joplin, MO

#532 Oct 8, 2012
GMB1306 wrote:
What ever you do, DO NOT DO THE BLEACH BATHS.
Good LUCK :)
As damaging to the skin a bleach bath may be, I disagree completely. Scabies will die instantly when they make contact with the bleach water. As long as you submerge your entire body, those on the surface aren't going anywhere.
uncle bobo

Denver, CO

#533 Oct 8, 2012
you have to take something internally as well as use a topical. Ivermectin has a very poor track record, as in it very rarely cures

Taking borax internally as well as ACV and baking soda as well as food grade peroxide works.

bleach does damage the skin and creates a skin condition the mites thrive in.

Since: Sep 12

Dubuque, IA

#534 Oct 9, 2012
uncle bobo wrote:
you have to take something internally as well as use a topical. Ivermectin has a very poor track record, as in it very rarely cures
Taking borax internally as well as ACV and baking soda as well as food grade peroxide works.
bleach does damage the skin and creates a skin condition the mites thrive in.
What is ACV? I am taking borax internally.. two teaspoons in a drink in the morning, evening and in the middle of the night. I work third shift. Also bathing with borax, peroxide 3%, baking soda, epsom salts and just switched from TTO to using lavender in the bath to see how it helps. Should I also use a carrier oil, like olive oil? And here is what completely baffles me. The doctor diagnosed me with scabies and I have no doubt.

I have seen the short burrow lines on my forearms, the pin point bumps on my body where they bite me, yet I have 3 roommates who at the moment are just fine. I have also had sex with my gf, at which time I did not know I had them. She is also currently ok. Scabies are said to be highly contagious, so what gives? I want to combine the manuka natural plan with what I'm currently doing, hopefully it helps.
Churchie and Ginger

Bonfield, Canada

#535 Nov 7, 2012
we have been dealing with this horrible scurge for almost 3 mths.Thought we had fleas at first. VACUMNED EVERYDAY, HAD PLACE PROFESSIONALLY EXTERMINATED, RIPPED UP CARPETS. Itching so bad legs covered in bruises. Just had a few doses of 5% permithin cream but itching still persists. Is there any end to this crap! And how the hell did my guy and I get it? We've only been with each other
feeling suicidal

San Jose, CA

#536 Dec 10, 2012
This has been going on with me for over a month, at least thats how long I've been symptomatic. I took my second dose of ivermectin 3 days ago and was itching intensely last night again. I had previously done 3 head to toe treatments of premethrin, even under my nails, which failed.
It is so strange because at one point I went 12 days without itching that woke me up at night, and then, bam, it's back so I called the dermatologist, whom prescribed me the 2nd dose of ivermectin. My 2 other kids don't have this. I've been using diatomaceous earth in all of our beds, all over the couches, the carpet, toilets, all over bathroom floors. It is drying out our hair like crazy! I go to bed with it sprinkled all over myself but last night when I woke up itching like mad, I put the DE again on any itching areas but the itching didn't resolve. I don't think it was killing them. I wash and dry everything hot, so maybe my vigillence is helping the kids not contract this disgusting problem. By the way, I took both doses of ivermectin with fast food (for the high fat content).
I have a few questions to those who have been cured:
1. Did you continue to get itching at night still every few days or say up to every 2 weeks? I mean specifically night itching that interferred with sleep.
2. Did you still get new bumps after a night of itching? For ex. I just got a new cluster on my left buttock, inner knees and right hand (between 1rst and 2nd finger).
3. Did you still feel crawling sensation weeks after you felt you were cured?
4. How the hell do I really know I am bloody-well cured?!!!!
Mitesuck

Stanfield, NC

#537 Dec 10, 2012
feeling suicidal wrote:
This has been going on with me for over a month, at least thats how long I've been symptomatic. I took my second dose of ivermectin 3 days ago and was itching intensely last night again. I had previously done 3 head to toe treatments of premethrin, even under my nails, which failed.
It is so strange because at one point I went 12 days without itching that woke me up at night, and then, bam, it's back so I called the dermatologist, whom prescribed me the 2nd dose of ivermectin. My 2 other kids don't have this. I've been using diatomaceous earth in all of our beds, all over the couches, the carpet, toilets, all over bathroom floors. It is drying out our hair like crazy! I go to bed with it sprinkled all over myself but last night when I woke up itching like mad, I put the DE again on any itching areas but the itching didn't resolve. I don't think it was killing them. I wash and dry everything hot, so maybe my vigillence is helping the kids not contract this disgusting problem. By the way, I took both doses of ivermectin with fast food (for the high fat content).
I have a few questions to those who have been cured:
1. Did you continue to get itching at night still every few days or say up to every 2 weeks? I mean specifically night itching that interferred with sleep.
2. Did you still get new bumps after a night of itching? For ex. I just got a new cluster on my left buttock, inner knees and right hand (between 1rst and 2nd finger).
3. Did you still feel crawling sensation weeks after you felt you were cured?
4. How the hell do I really know I am bloody-well cured?!!!!
I've been where yal are at and I like too lost my mind....i don't know your situation but I do know that the permethrin cream will cause all the same sythoms if not worse than the scabies themselves....my sythoms lasted three months after the scabies were gone and I still feel them every now and then and that was 6 months ago.
Missing my family

Springfield, NJ

#538 Dec 10, 2012
I am in the same boat as you but I have had it for 7 months. My hubby and 13 year old did not catch this gross mite, thanks be to God. I know that after you do the perm you do feel crazy itchy. I went to the sauna for 3 days straight after the 3rd treatment an was soaking in sea salt and vinegar and it helped a lot. I don't think I'm cured because I feel crawling sensation, all over my scalp (which I didn't treat because I listen to my doc) it's be almost 4 weeks since my 3rd treatment. Still feeling crawling, no itchiness, but I did get what looks like bites on my chest. The bath an sauna helps push out debris. Good luck, it's the worse being so scared that you don't want to get your child effected. This has taken a huge toll on me. I can't get cured imagine a 13 year kid??
Karen

Faversham, UK

#539 Jan 25, 2013
Iv treated myself 4 times in a month and done everything I should, however because I began to react to the treatment cream badly, my GP put me on antihistamines and a potent steroid cream, I have new bumps appearing that itch and appear to go of their own accord in a few days, but today I have a tiny itchy blister on my hand, despite the application of steroid cream it still remains a little itchy, but not unbearably so, any ideas?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 4 hr Adkisson 4,651
Lime sulfur 5 hr Abc 2
Join the facebook group 7 hr Flossyfaerie 4
Need help 11 hr desperateHopeful 1
Itchygirl's thread (Sep '10) 12 hr Jane Ishka 35
why you are not beating the mites..... (Jul '10) 22 hr shoshonerocker 36
long term scabies? here's what's up!! (Oct '07) 22 hr doctor rash 46
More from around the web