How did I get rid of scabies in three...
mel

Denver, CO

#343 Oct 10, 2012
Susan wrote:
After 5months of dealing with Scabies, I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's good to know I'm not alone, Everything you all describe above I can relate to. So here's my story and what I'm doing now to fight this insane parasite infection. 5 months ago it started out with a light itchy rash, which soon turned into an intense itchy rash. I scratched so hard I would bleed. Finally went to Dermotolgist who diagnosed with Scabies. Put me on oral Stromectol 3mg and 4 tubes of that heavy cream to smother the eggs. I was clean for 3 weeks, then they came back even worse. I did the treatment again and still can't get rid of them. Going insane, I took a hot scalding shower to burn them out and burned my skin. Now I have red, burn rash AND scabies rash. I itch constantly. I am up every two hours insanely scrubing my body and putting on Gabby's mixture. I'm using cloves mixed with baby oil to help the itching, witch hazel too. Hydrogen Peroxide only ended up burning my skin. I soaked in baking soda like recommended. Used borax/vaseline/alka seltzer combo....waiting to see if this works. In the mean time, my skin has become so sensitive. I find myself insanely looking through a high power mirror and magnifying glass to pick off the bugs. But sometimes I can't tell if it's lint, or the bug. It's making me a total lunatic. I am considering seeing a doctor soon. Thank you everyone for sharing your stories. This thing we have is total insanity. I hope someone finds the answer soon before I put a gun to my head.
using just a topical doesn't cure because they go too deep.
I had this 17 months and the only thing that worked on this forum was the borax solution cure.
mel

Denver, CO

#344 Oct 10, 2012
gab's mixture will give you some peace but they will only go deeper and hide out breeding. You have to use a topical AND take something orally. Ivermectin does not work and 3mg of Iver is the dose for someone who weighs 30 pounds so your Derm is clueless.
Doctors and derms especially are useless.

the oral combination that works is; borax in water daily, Apple cider vinegar and baking soda, and food grade peroxide.

What this does is change your skin ph so the mites can't live there. It works if used in conjunction with the right formula topical.
Susan

United States

#345 Oct 11, 2012
gfz wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when scabies eggs are visible to a naked eye?
It is nearly impossible to see the scabies mite with the naked eye. Not sure what you think is coming out of your body, it's possible you are seeing lint, or you have some other parasite, like bed bugs you can see with a magnifying glass. I have a high powered magnifying glass and still I question whether or not I'm seeing the mite with it's little antenna's or if it's a piece of lint.
Susan

United States

#346 Oct 11, 2012
mel wrote:
gab's mixture will give you some peace but they will only go deeper and hide out breeding. You have to use a topical AND take something orally. Ivermectin does not work and 3mg of Iver is the dose for someone who weighs 30 pounds so your Derm is clueless.
Doctors and derms especially are useless.
the oral combination that works is; borax in water daily, Apple cider vinegar and baking soda, and food grade peroxide.
What this does is change your skin ph so the mites can't live there. It works if used in conjunction with the right formula topical.
You actually drink the borax and peroxide? Didn't you get sick? I made up the mix and poored it into my bath water and then rubbed it over my entire body. My body still itches, but I think it's gettig rid of them. Yesterday was the first day in 4 months that I actually felt halfway normal. No itching, no redness.
infestedagain

United States

#347 Oct 11, 2012
I'm pretty sure that you cannot see scabies... So why does everyone post about seeing things coming out of their skin?
me 2 c

Metamora, MI

#348 Oct 12, 2012
i was thinking the same insane thought
mel

Denver, CO

#349 Oct 12, 2012
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually drink the borax and peroxide? Didn't you get sick? I made up the mix and poored it into my bath water and then rubbed it over my entire body. My body still itches, but I think it's gettig rid of them. Yesterday was the first day in 4 months that I actually felt halfway normal. No itching, no redness.
No not at all, there is a ton of misinformation about borax on the web . Yes you use food grade peroxide. They are consumed seperately.

Like anything else there is an appropriate dose.

Doing this I found out just how ineffective all the other cures I tried were.

I hod a huge nest around my right eye and it didn't show or give any symptoms at all, when I started to get the die off reaction there it really shocked me.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/boraxconspirac...

I had no problem at all drinking the borax.
mel

Denver, CO

#350 Oct 12, 2012
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
If your killing them properly your going to get a die off reaction and that's what you want. you can jump in the bath and get some relief but you're only really wasting time. When you cure yourself there will be lots of itching because of the herx. The longer you've been infected the worse the herx.

http://biovedawellness.com/2010/02/the-herxhe...

Sometimes actually getting cured isn't pleasant but it's a door you have to go through.
carol is coming

Van Nuys, CA

#351 Oct 12, 2012
Pple are posting about seeing or not being able to see the mites. There are a variety of biting mites out there. Many beleive what they have is scabies when it is bird mites or another non human scabies mite.
there are also pet mites that use to usually not effect humans. Thanks to gmo crops, the pestacides method of action by way of nervous system paralyze, is no longer effective.
Susan

United States

#352 Oct 12, 2012
mel wrote:
<quoted text>
If your killing them properly your going to get a die off reaction and that's what you want. you can jump in the bath and get some relief but you're only really wasting time. When you cure yourself there will be lots of itching because of the herx. The longer you've been infected the worse the herx.
http://biovedawellness.com/2010/02/the-herxhe...
Sometimes actually getting cured isn't pleasant but it's a door you have to go through.
Thanks Mel. I actually had to look up "Herx". It makes sense. My skin looks and feels so much better. But not without constant attention to it. 2 - 3 baths a day, soaking in arm & hammer baking soda, HydroPeroxide and tea tree oil. After each bath, I would then make a combo of HydrogenPx, borax and water....rub this all over my skin. Before I go to bed each nite, I lather my skin with vaseline to smother the eggs and any bugs. It's working.....going on 4th day looking and feeling normal. I am going to keep this up for a couple of weeks, along with obsessively washing my bedsheets. OH, the other thing that really helps is wearing loose clothing. My husbands shirts hang loose on me allowing my skin to breathe. I read that the mites like confined places under tight fitting clothes. DO NOT wear tight fitting clothes...they breed there. Anyway..........after months of losing my mind, litterally, I am starting to finally feel normal again.
"Herxing is believed to occur when injured or dead bacteria release their endotoxins into the blood and tissues faster than the body can comfortably handle it. This provokes a sudden and exaggerated inflammatory response.

Since: Aug 12

Canada

#353 Oct 12, 2012
Be careful with the baths, scabies can an will move to your head, face, ears. Many people on this site have had this happen because of baths soaking in various treatments.
Susan

United States

#354 Oct 12, 2012
bugged R wrote:
Be careful with the baths, scabies can an will move to your head, face, ears. Many people on this site have had this happen because of baths soaking in various treatments.
I know....I've been worried about that. I am constantly rubbing my face with witch hazel. And, actually, the hydroPeroxide/water/borax solution helps tighten fine lines around my eyes and lips.....so I'm getting a little perk from this while fighting off this rediculous mite. This has been a great forum for info and stories. thanks everybody.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#355 Oct 14, 2012
infestedagain wrote:
I'm pretty sure that you cannot see scabies... So why does everyone post about seeing things coming out of their skin?
Because OBVIOUSLY, we are all delusional and posting from a loony bin. Why else would we all be seeing the same things? Funny how all we delusional people are seeing the same things - must be because we are all comparing notes to make sure our delusions are accurate. We all want to be seeing the same delusions after all.

Okay I'll finish with the dripping sarcasm, but you need to realize that there are 10's of thousands of different kinds of mites, of different sizes, most of which are not even catalogued by science yet. MAYBE, the usual human scabies can't be seen with the naked eye, or maybe when they say,'microscopic', they mean that you can't see the details of its body. I have yet to see anyone define what they mean by 'microscopic'. However, I do see both black hard things and softer white ovoid things that come out of my skin.
KARE

United States

#356 Oct 14, 2012
FYI for all who are interested in more information on the source(s) of our malady: ANIMAL PLANET will have three, one-hour programs about parasites on Monday, Oct. 15, at 5PM, EST; Tuesday, Oct 16, at 5PM EST; and Wednesday, Oct. 17, at 5PM EST.
Susan

United States

#357 Oct 15, 2012
I just picked up a little jar of sulfur. Sulfur and scabies go back hundreds of years to the Egyptians. Apparently it's toxic to the mites and when rubbed over your skin, it kills them quickly. Unfortunately, like many of the treatments listed in this forum, it doesn't kill the eggs dangit!!! But with regular use, it can definetely control the infestation and cure the problem, according to the article I just read on eHow: Sulfur and Scabies
Louise Ann Uk

UK

#358 Oct 23, 2012
Hi, please help. I am new to scabies but its nasty and I just want it to ve gone! My daughter caught it from a care and brought it to my home. We have had it four weeks and although we dont havea large outbreak of it, the itching is so nasty, along with the pin pricking feeling. We have used 5 tudes of cream from the doc, spent loads of time and money on cleaning but we cant get rid of it! It just keeps coming back. I read the storys and and in tears thinking I will have it for years! Are life is difficult enough as it is with our 16 year old Servely Special Needs Son. I do so urgently need to get rid of it. The doctor does not seem to bothered at all! Does this cream that they give you work? So with us I am not sure.
Any advice would be helpful, Many Thanks
Susan

United States

#359 Oct 23, 2012
Louise Ann Uk wrote:
Hi, please help. I am new to scabies but its nasty and I just want it to ve gone! My daughter caught it from a care and brought it to my home. We have had it four weeks and although we dont havea large outbreak of it, the itching is so nasty, along with the pin pricking feeling. We have used 5 tudes of cream from the doc, spent loads of time and money on cleaning but we cant get rid of it! It just keeps coming back. I read the storys and and in tears thinking I will have it for years! Are life is difficult enough as it is with our 16 year old Servely Special Needs Son. I do so urgently need to get rid of it. The doctor does not seem to bothered at all! Does this cream that they give you work? So with us I am not sure.
Any advice would be helpful, Many Thanks
You have to stay on top of it. DAILY - bath twice or three times in baking soda & tea tree oil. Use Lavendar bar soap. Every day throughout the day rub your body with Witch Hazel and/or Hydrogen Peroxide. Your skin will become sensitive, so lather lots of vaseline or baby oil constantly to help soothe the itching. You can get some ground cloves and mix with vaseline and rub on your body at night to help with itching. I carry a small bottle of baking soda mixed with witch hazel or water and apply the minute i start to itch. constantly wash your bedding and only stay in certain parts of your house to avoid spreading the eggs. Other helpful tips, Borax in bath or sulfur cream are toxic to the mite...use them often. You just have to stay on it for atleast 6weeks, even if the breakouts and itching have ceased. Good luck. It's a nightmare.
Louise Ann Uk

Bury, UK

#360 Oct 25, 2012
Thanks so much for your help Susan.
Itch and Scratch

Birkenhead, UK

#362 Oct 28, 2012
yes a shopping list would be nice
I can get alka seltzer or aspirin and vaseline but idk what or where to get borax

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#363 Oct 28, 2012
Itch and Scratch wrote:
yes a shopping list would be nice
I can get alka seltzer or aspirin and vaseline but idk what or where to get borax
I have read that Borax ("20 Mule Team" on the label) is not available in the EU. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. It is a laundry additive that is quite common in grocery stores here. Maybe there is a way to get boric acid from chemical supply places. Some more official sites say that they are about the same in terms of toxicity. There seems to be a wide discrepancy in opinion on that on this site, but you need something that is toxic to kill the mites. Certainly to put it on the skin, boric acid would not be toxic to you in the quantities you would be using according to this protocol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) 20 hr Shannon33538 243
Colloidal Silver (Jan '17) Fri DeV 2
Turpentine (Oct '10) Fri Claris 32
100% true cure for scabies/ dont waste money a... (Jan '14) Fri Nurse 29
durvet ivermectin pour on for cattle CURE (Sep '11) Thu Songbird6352 336
Mites butting me Apr 19 EP Endlessly Perp... 3
Equine Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Sep '10) Apr 17 Connie 112