How did I get rid of scabies in three...
Bill

Vancouver, WA

#322 Sep 2, 2012
Jan I know people who have used perm creme as you said 60 times and it didnt work , some mites are different and hard to kill,

Jan wrote:
I don't know if this board is just a haven for trolls or what. My husband and I got scabies from our roommate's child who liked to live in dirt.
We went to the doctor as soon as we realized that there was no way we both were having the same allergic reactions. The Doctor didn't even have to test us he could tell by the tunnel pattern bite on my wrist and we were diagnosed with scabies. We were provided prescriptions for permethrin cream and steroids for the itch. The info sheet we were sent home with said the mites can not live without a host for 3 days so we put the cream on on a Thursday night and took a weekend vacation. Came home and washed our sheets and sprayed our mattress and couches with lice killer spray just in case. We also set off bug bombs while we were gone.
The following Thursday we reapplied the cream.
All of what we did was probably more than what we needed. The entire experience cost us nearly 200 bucks (not counting the Vaycay) but we are bug free.
Stop slathering yourselves with weird gels and concoctions from strangers that could most certainly cause chemical burns and intensify itching! Just go get the prescriptions and deal with the mild clean up.
Gab

Kistarcsa, Hungary

#324 Sep 3, 2012
Did you get rid of scabies? Did it succeed?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#325 Sep 3, 2012
sexypyro wrote:
First, cover yourself in gasoline then, light a match. The scabies are guarenteed to die in three seconds or less.
Please remove this post. Is telling people to pour gasoline on themselves then set on fire. Not appropriate.
Bill

Vancouver, WA

#326 Sep 3, 2012
Yes Gab the arm and hammer is the end of this bug , it is painless and leaves a sodium carbonates residue that keeps killing.
If I pick another one up which happens some times I apply this , it kills it and stops the itch in 3 mins
"
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...
The mix:
2 tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax nuetralizes the peroxide, it is painless & there is no fizz or burning from this mix & it is cheap
If they are deep ones I use
8tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.
God bless you ,
BIll
Call or write if you need any help , I remember the trouble this bug is
[email protected]
734-623-32thirty
Gab wrote:
got_rid_of_them

Houston, TX

#327 Sep 3, 2012
DE -(diatomaceous earth) and Vitamin C. This is the cure. I tried all the kooky things with oils and bleach, the RX stuff from the DR, etc.-they eased the itching but did not make them go away. DE & Vitamin C worked. One month straight take the DE orally and sprinkle it all over anything you touch. Continue to keep clothes, bedding, etc. clean - one use, etc. Take 3,000-6,000 milligrams of the Vitamin C daily plus any multivitamin, because if you've had it a while, your immune system is weak - and I found this to be my issue. Good luck, and please pass on to other boards such as this. P.S. I got the DE online - about $25. Took as much as I could, 1 tbsp in the a.m. and one in the evening.
EEE3

Holmen, WI

#328 Sep 4, 2012
Bill,
Thank you for your suggestions. I am glad that you are now problem free! But I am confused. It seems that you are doing well not as a result of Gab's remedy but because of your use of Arm and Hammer detergent. However, sometime back in this thread you mentioned a lung problem which appeared to have arisen due to the use of Arm and Hammer detergent. Am I mistaken?
EEE3
Bill wrote:
Yes Gab the arm and hammer is the end of this bug , it is painless and leaves a sodium carbonates residue that keeps killing.
If I pick another one up which happens some times I apply this , it kills it and stops the itch in 3 mins
"
The mix:
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax nuetralizes the peroxide, it is painless & there is no fizz or burning from this mix & it is cheap
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.
God bless you ,
BIll
[email protected]
734-623-32thirty
<quoted text>
CrawlyGirl

New York, NY

#329 Sep 5, 2012
EEE3 wrote:
Bill,
Thank you for your suggestions. I am glad that you are now problem free! But I am confused. It seems that you are doing well not as a result of Gab's remedy but because of your use of Arm and Hammer detergent. However, sometime back in this thread you mentioned a lung problem which appeared to have arisen due to the use of Arm and Hammer detergent. Am I mistaken?
EEE3
<quoted text>
Hi Ma, yes in post 274 it says the A&H is bad for the lungs. We also are unable to use DE because we found that even inhaling a tiny tiny bit was very hard on our breathing and lungs...
Shelly Weltsy

Yucca Valley, CA

#330 Sep 5, 2012
I dont think inhaling the A&H is really that much of a likely risk as the granules are too small to become airborne. Its like saying inhaling sugar. How in the world do you inhale the detergent???

If its the delivery from the box to the tub, please find another way.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#331 Sep 7, 2012
Please go to the =
Borax Solution - CURE thread!
Some of us there are being cured FAST!
with NO poisons!
You won't be helped here on this list or other threads on topix... they may help you .. but with
NO cure...
Just try the things on the borax solution cure.
But, some people will discourage you cos they ant to be here for life!
so sad!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#332 Sep 7, 2012
they WANT to be here for LIFE!!
some of US don't!!!
go see & ck it out!!
"Borax Solution-Cure" thread!
hugs! get well folks .. try it!
Scabies ugh

Pelzer, SC

#333 Sep 9, 2012
Desperate girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you give up on taking the salt internally? Just saw you were doing that on another thread.
I didn't think u were able to see them on tour skin?
Shelly Weltsy

Los Angeles, CA

#334 Sep 9, 2012
The Boric acid and silic acid that started this thread is a total fail. The dude who started the thread never indicated the exact name of the lotion he bought other than some mumbo jumbo that did not return any relevant searches. Then, he never came back to mention his is still cured or offer any other detail even when desperate pleas to him were asked. Thats pretty shitty! No one else here who tried it has claimed it worked.

Total Fail!.
Str8uP

Charlottesville, VA

#335 Sep 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
"
The mix:
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
8 oz peroxide (3%)
8 oz water.
God bless you ,
BIll
[email protected]
734-623-32thirty
<quoted text>
Agreed! 3 seconds, yes indeed :)
KARE

United States

#336 Sep 26, 2012
Are you still well? If so, would your consider sending me some of your cream if I send you the cost of the product and the posting?
KARE

United States

#337 Sep 26, 2012
To GAB - re the previous message - I meant to say I would pay for postage. Hope to hear back from you.
Thanks
Gab wrote:
gfz

Leeds, UK

#338 Oct 3, 2012
fightingheretoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear - Canuckette - I just made up the glycerin blend with aspirin & borax.... geeze I could not believe how many came out of me.... I sat here for awhile ... 20 min or more until I could not stand it any longer & jumped in the shower....scrubbed off & sprayed myself with food grade h2oh & bunches more came out & I almost got ill from seeing all the specks & eggs. Put more glycerin on with eo's in it..and got dressed. I want to do this all day long... if I didn't have to clean so much! ;) Being here with all you suffering like us ... is my only sanity! thank you
Since when scabies eggs are visible to a naked eye?
gfz

Leeds, UK

#339 Oct 3, 2012
TryingAnything wrote:
Wanted to add that when i was first diagnosed I was COVERED in really bad bites. i thought it was poison ivy but figured I was wrong after a month of calamine lotion was useless. The Dr prescribed me prometherin 1% cream which worked in about 48 hours! What a relief I thought! All of the bites and scars practically vanished! Until I found out that keeping these things off is the real battle.
Who treats scabies with 1% Permethrin? It's effective against lice in children, NOT scabies in adults. It's a typical mistake doctors do.
mel

Denver, CO

#340 Oct 3, 2012
KARE wrote:
To GAB - re the previous message - I meant to say I would pay for postage. Hope to hear back from you.
Thanks<quoted text>
Gab posted that a year ago I wouldn't expect to here from her.
The ointment she spoke of was boric and salicylic acid. Me and a few others tried it and it helped but didn't cure. The best thing going on this forum is found in the thread " Borax solution cure".
KARE

United States

#341 Oct 7, 2012
mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gab posted that a year ago I wouldn't expect to here from her.
The ointment she spoke of was boric and salicylic acid. Me and a few others tried it and it helped but didn't cure. The best thing going on this forum is found in the thread " Borax solution cure".
Thank you Mel, for your helpful response.(I saw that GAB had posted on 3 Sept 2012...but you're right..s/he apparently is all better and not posting.:-) Take care
Susan

United States

#342 Oct 9, 2012
After 5months of dealing with Scabies, I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's good to know I'm not alone, Everything you all describe above I can relate to. So here's my story and what I'm doing now to fight this insane parasite infection. 5 months ago it started out with a light itchy rash, which soon turned into an intense itchy rash. I scratched so hard I would bleed. Finally went to Dermotolgist who diagnosed with Scabies. Put me on oral Stromectol 3mg and 4 tubes of that heavy cream to smother the eggs. I was clean for 3 weeks, then they came back even worse. I did the treatment again and still can't get rid of them. Going insane, I took a hot scalding shower to burn them out and burned my skin. Now I have red, burn rash AND scabies rash. I itch constantly. I am up every two hours insanely scrubing my body and putting on Gabby's mixture. I'm using cloves mixed with baby oil to help the itching, witch hazel too. Hydrogen Peroxide only ended up burning my skin. I soaked in baking soda like recommended. Used borax/vaseline/alka seltzer combo....waiting to see if this works. In the mean time, my skin has become so sensitive. I find myself insanely looking through a high power mirror and magnifying glass to pick off the bugs. But sometimes I can't tell if it's lint, or the bug. It's making me a total lunatic. I am considering seeing a doctor soon. Thank you everyone for sharing your stories. This thing we have is total insanity. I hope someone finds the answer soon before I put a gun to my head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neem Oil (Feb '09) 2 hr scifi4reel 90
small tiny clear bumps...looks like something i... (Jul '08) 11 hr Lady Di 46
News Health district scabies treatment day deemed su... 14 hr Wasting our time 1
Misdiagnosed? (Mar '08) Wed Shelbi 6
Only one in house with scabies? (Mar '12) Tue ljh1965 69
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Tue Ciera 977
Post Scabies Nodules on male genitals (May '08) Tue recreational 64
More from around the web