How did I get rid of scabies in three...
Bill

Vancouver, WA

#299 May 9, 2012
Hi Canuckette

THe homeopath approach sure is new to us , but i heard that moast all medicine before 1920 was homeopath .
Please let me know how it goes. a friend of mine told me taers ago thet the homeopathic approach to ascabies might be to take a little sulfur and "shake it down" ... she said that ment put it in a bottle of water and shake it , then drink it. It all was unknown to me and still is . I would be very grateful if you would tell me how it all works for you ,\ I went to the link august posted " http://www.schwarzbeinprinciple.com/pgs/dr_sc... # " about: NEW!!! The Wellness Hour Show - 33 minutes with Dr. Schwarzbein - an in-depth overview of her full program " it said it wanted to validate my windows media program ...? I didnt understand why, I didnt chose to accept. did you watch the video ?
And hey have you talked to SKF lately ? If so how is she ,

God bless you Canucuckette

Bill

pss Hve you tried triphala scabies medicine powder 1 tabls each morning more info info at : www.scabieaid.com

testimony at

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I wonder if it works ?
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
I decided to try your method when I realized how little sulfur you actually ingest. Today is day two and it seems to be working, after yesterday's mass exodus on my back. I've had to do the whole immune system/body restoration years ago and continue with that to this day.
Phil

Winsford, UK

#301 May 10, 2012
Hi,

Not sure if this info will help anyone but it's worth considering.
I recently thought I had Scabies and it turned out to be something else. Before you stop reading, I have have caught them on two separate occassions in the last 7 years, so I am pretty well informed on the symptoms.

About 2 months ago I stayed in a hotel and took a short nap, shirtless on a sofabed in a colleagues room whilst I was waiting for my room to be ready. When I woke up I noticed itchy pimple-type bumps all over my sides and the tops of my arms (basically where my skin had been in contact with the bedding). Initially I didn't think this was Scabies as I had no itching between fingers or anywhere else common for them to start off. I ignored it and a few days later it was on my inner thighs, the insides of my elbows, backs of knees etc and pretty much all over my body. I immediately bought two treatments of Permethrin cream and applied it. It went away for a couple of days and was slowly coming back by day 3. Based on my previous experiences with the infection I didn't wait till day 7 as advised and just re-applied the cream. This went on for weeks and I kept doing the whole washing everything etc. I was becoming so stressed about it and even stayed in hotels to avoid being in my own house. I did 6 Permethrin treatments and took baths in tea tree oil. All had the effect of ridding me of the itching for a couple of days, then it was back. It then progressed to my hair and neck. Once I actually risked putting the 5% cream all over my hair and face.

Eventually I went to a Doctor after being so frustrated and he said a few of the pimples which looked just like Scabies were actually inflamed hair follicles and it was likely I had a reaction to bacteria on the hotel bedding from someone elses skin. I don't remember the name of the bacteria but apparently if you have even a slight cut on your skin you can pick this up from towels or bedding (scary I know). It isn't something that comes from dirty people either. We all have it, but you can have a bad reaction if your body doesn't like that of someone elses. You can also spread the allergic reaction around your own body by scratching one area and then another, same as Scabies. He then prescribed me a course of Flucloxacillin 500mg tablets, and by day 2 of taking them the itching was going. He did also prescribe another scabies treatment which I didn't need to use.

I am now totally free of itching 2 weeks later. This is something to keep in mind as I was certain based on my previous experiences that this was Scabies.

Hope this helps,

Phil
ashley

San Antonio, TX

#302 May 16, 2012
Hi , ive had these scabies for about a month now and I dont know what to do I am going crazy LITERALLY . please help me please ! I went to the doctor and she gave me some treatment but it didnt work I dont understand this treatment but please please please help me , I dont know what to do and im going crazy because nothing seems to help .....
SULEIKA

New Britain, CT

#303 May 21, 2012
Im 5 months pregnant is it safe for me to try? Scabies are not letting me sleep , im so sad and depress .
Scabiegirl

New York, NY

#304 May 30, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
Mange shampoos are not helpful. I personally tried four (4) of the most expensive, most potent on the market and they were worthless! Stick to ingesting high oral doses with either undiluted Advantix or pure Clove Oil. You have to do both. If you don't want to do the Advantix then buy the Clove Oil online and rub it on. Clove Oil kills mites on contact and the odor drives them out of their burrows. But none of the topicals penetrates the skin deep enough to kill all the female egg layers so you have to do the oral ivermectin tablets or horse paste at high doses to poison them. If I can do it and be cured you can do it!
Hi mite I hope you can help me. I did iver and perm 5%. And it did help but then it came back when i stop treatment after 7 weeks once a week. Now i got desperate my house is cleaner than an hospital believe me in this one. Dry cleaned my clothing. Shoes are spray DE AND 10% permethrin. And everything i will use even when is clean w borax, A&H and pino sol all hot water and dy for one hour. So everything before wearing it goes to a heat chamber at 154F ( packtite) bags also go there even keys. My car I was spraying w Lysol and lice spray but now I won't use it for a week.
Strange enough I started treating again. But iver I am doing 3 times dosis for tree days and resting 4 days and the Advantix works better than the the 5% permethrin. I am not having side effects from iver but this oermethinh is strong I feel I can do it only every 5 days or so. I am doing on my scalp.
Crawling stop completely like never did before and pinpricks too. I hope these higher dosis are working. Why it didn't work before is bc I am weak immune system I am so sad I feel I can't do this anymore.
Scabiegirl

New York, NY

#305 May 30, 2012
Phil wrote:
Hi,
Not sure if this info will help anyone but it's worth considering.
I recently thought I had Scabies and it turned out to be something else. Before you stop reading, I have have caught them on two separate occassions in the last 7 years, so I am pretty well informed on the symptoms.
About 2 months ago I stayed in a hotel and took a short nap, shirtless on a sofabed in a colleagues room whilst I was waiting for my room to be ready. When I woke up I noticed itchy pimple-type bumps all over my sides and the tops of my arms (basically where my skin had been in contact with the bedding). Initially I didn't think this was Scabies as I had no itching between fingers or anywhere else common for them to start off. I ignored it and a few days later it was on my inner thighs, the insides of my elbows, backs of knees etc and pretty much all over my body. I immediately bought two treatments of Permethrin cream and applied it. It went away for a couple of days and was slowly coming back by day 3. Based on my previous experiences with the infection I didn't wait till day 7 as advised and just re-applied the cream. This went on for weeks and I kept doing the whole washing everything etc. I was becoming so stressed about it and even stayed in hotels to avoid being in my own house. I did 6 Permethrin treatments and took baths in tea tree oil. All had the effect of ridding me of the itching for a couple of days, then it was back. It then progressed to my hair and neck. Once I actually risked putting the 5% cream all over my hair and face.
Eventually I went to a Doctor after being so frustrated and he said a few of the pimples which looked just like Scabies were actually inflamed hair follicles and it was likely I had a reaction to bacteria on the hotel bedding from someone elses skin. I don't remember the name of the bacteria but apparently if you have even a slight cut on your skin you can pick this up from towels or bedding (scary I know). It isn't something that comes from dirty people either. We all have it, but you can have a bad reaction if your body doesn't like that of someone elses. You can also spread the allergic reaction around your own body by scratching one area and then another, same as Scabies. He then prescribed me a course of Flucloxacillin 500mg tablets, and by day 2 of taking them the itching was going. He did also prescribe another scabies treatment which I didn't need to use.
I am now totally free of itching 2 weeks later. This is something to keep in mind as I was certain based on my previous experiences that this was Scabies.
Hope this helps,
Phil
Hi Phil can I ask you if you felt crawling and pinpricks? That is what is killing me and not going away and also i had few burrows and now few bites on my neck and scalp. I am so confused and lost. Doing higher doses of ivermectin has some how helped me a lot I have no clue why?
Scabiegirl

New York, NY

#306 May 30, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried "Scabies-Killer" products and found them a huge waste of time and money. Essential oils do not cure Scabies! They are a gimmick that hasn't worked for anyone.
Hi Advantix 2 is working but I don't know if I will be able to do it daily. Ivermectin is ok no problem no side effete besides loose stool. But this Advantix man that makes your skin tingling all day long even when you wash it at 12 hours period time. I feel still working even after shower. This stuff is strong. Did you put in on your scalp? I am doing now but still scared.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#307 May 30, 2012
Scabiegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Advantix 2 is working but I don't know if I will be able to do it daily. Ivermectin is ok no problem no side effete besides loose stool. But this Advantix man that makes your skin tingling all day long even when you wash it at 12 hours period time. I feel still working even after shower. This stuff is strong. Did you put in on your scalp? I am doing now but still scared.
You must understand the Scabies mites burrow into your skin and you must use a topical that penetrates where the mites are laying their eggs! It's going to tingle, at least, to be effective!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#308 May 30, 2012
Scabiegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi mite I hope you can help me. I did iver and perm 5%. And it did help but then it came back when i stop treatment after 7 weeks once a week. Now i got desperate my house is cleaner than an hospital believe me in this one. Dry cleaned my clothing. Shoes are spray DE AND 10% permethrin. And everything i will use even when is clean w borax, A&H and pino sol all hot water and dy for one hour. So everything before wearing it goes to a heat chamber at 154F ( packtite) bags also go there even keys. My car I was spraying w Lysol and lice spray but now I won't use it for a week.
Strange enough I started treating again. But iver I am doing 3 times dosis for tree days and resting 4 days and the Advantix works better than the the 5% permethrin. I am not having side effects from iver but this oermethinh is strong I feel I can do it only every 5 days or so. I am doing on my scalp.
Crawling stop completely like never did before and pinpricks too. I hope these higher dosis are working. Why it didn't work before is bc I am weak immune system I am so sad I feel I can't do this anymore.
How long have you suffered with Scabies? If less than six months do double the weight based oral dose every three days while rubbing on Advantix 2 Blue for extra large dogs with 45% Permethrin (daily) and keep it on your skin from 8-14 hours then take a bleach with borax hot bath and remember to dunk your whole body under water, including your head for best results! The 5% Permethrin Cream is not strong enough to eradicate all the mites under your skin. You need the Advantix to penetrate where the mites are laying eggs! Freeze and wash your clothes, dry cleaning won't kill the mites on your clothing. Been there done that.
Scabiegirl

New York, NY

#309 May 30, 2012
mitewarrior77 wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you suffered with Scabies? If less than six months do double the weight based oral dose every three days while rubbing on Advantix 2 Blue for extra large dogs with 45% Permethrin (daily) and keep it on your skin from 8-14 hours then take a bleach with borax hot bath and remember to dunk your whole body under water, including your head for best results! The 5% Permethrin Cream is not strong enough to eradicate all the mites under your skin. You need the Advantix to penetrate where the mites are laying eggs! Freeze and wash your clothes, dry cleaning won't kill the mites on your clothing. Been there done that.
Omg i probably have been reinfecting myself then. This is crazy. I thought dry clean kill everything. Wow i spent so much money on it. What is best to do with clothing and shoes, bags? Does a heat chamber at 150 F for 6 hours kill them? I mean what should I do wash everything again? Of just not use it for a week? I am so sick of this I don't have the wash and dry machine at apt. I have to go down to basement every day then. Besides cleaning everything. Thing i started in November. Though was coming from the dog. Did one permethrin cream and it wouldnt go away. Then I gave the dog away and in one week I was cured. However after two months it came back beginning of April. Two burrows on my back some bites here and there. But the itching and the crawling was unbearable. If I was ok for two months and I have no animals I concluded it was human kind. So I started treatment ivermectin average dosis and then perm. Sometimes I would do perm every day for like three days. It was very tiring bc symptoms would go away while perm was on and then come back. I didn't have a bad itching but the crawling and pinpricks were horrible. And it took me two months to feel better. Then I was feeling good when I stop treatment and at day 4 everything again. But no burrows only bites on neck face and scalp. I have no bites anywhere else but I am always feeling them crawling.
When one is not sure about a piece of clothing what should one do. Does heat for hours kill them ? Or should I not wear things for a week or more? I mean I am hopeless I am single and have no bf. so no sexual contact and I don't have crusted scabies I am guessing. Not to know what is going on is killing my mind
Brycedrollinger

United States

#310 Jun 3, 2012
Whats the name of the cream i really need to now wht it is..
thia

Simi Valley, CA

#311 Jun 7, 2012
Try soaking in 2 pounds of bath salt after the using premethrin. Note, that medication does not actually kill the bugs. It attacks their respiratory and puts them out of commission for awhile. Therefore, taking a one hour bath, in two pounds of sea salt, the day after the cream treatment draws them out and kills them. The good news is the sea salt is NOT toxic.
The hardest part is sitting still for one entire hour.
That being said, I am having a hard time getting them out of my clothes. Although I am an avid washer and dryer.
Scabiegirl

United States

#312 Jun 7, 2012
thia wrote:
Try soaking in 2 pounds of bath salt after the using premethrin. Note, that medication does not actually kill the bugs. It attacks their respiratory and puts them out of commission for awhile. Therefore, taking a one hour bath, in two pounds of sea salt, the day after the cream treatment draws them out and kills them. The good news is the sea salt is NOT toxic.
The hardest part is sitting still for one entire hour.
That being said, I am having a hard time getting them out of my clothes. Although I am an avid washer and dryer.
You know one thing that was a game changing was iron or steam all clothing you are wearing during day and also steaming shoes and spray them w permethirn ( you can buy permethrin on line 10% or more and do your own mix with alcohol or water) and then spray bags w it too wallets. Etc. permethirn stays in things that helps. But I am telling you iron used clothing before washing and then after washing iron again or steam including underwear and it is amazing how it helps and you dont need to do the whole wardrobe in once let the rest be dying w time.. Piece by piece that you do daily underwear too. Steam bed w sheets on before sleeping that helps a lot. Basically heat is your best friend. I have walking closet and put a heater inside and let the thing working for hours. Of course don't leave the house and forget to turn it off. Keep an eye on it. Scabies die in one day if you keep humidity low and keep environment dry at 90. That is what I did. Cooking the bastards in everything w heater in closet , heat chamber. Ironing and steaming and spraying shoes steaming shoes. Doing this is better than freezing things. And like I said. I wish I could have done this before I don't need to do the whole thing...you pick 7 outfits , 7 pair of shoes and you rotate and steak everything and that is it. Do the normal laundry hot and dry hot and basically finish them w iron and steam. Ok will shut up now talking too much lol we relight scabies by being smart and organize not crazy. And also there are a lot of popes pole treating over treating and are in post already. Also whoever is in the house need be in treatment. Otherwise you will always be infected. God bless
TryingAnything

Austin, TX

#313 Jun 12, 2012
I've heard somewhere that Lysol works for spot treatment. I've been battling these things with Lysol and hand-sanitizaer (which i figured would kill any bug) but its only temporary. They are back in a few days. Someone also suggested Tea Tree Oil. Its messy but I'd be willing to try anything at this point. Sulfur Soap never worked for me. just made me smell like a box of matches. The ammonia/Windez mix makes sense. I might be trying that very soon. I'm desperate after 15 months of this crap.....
TryingAnything

Austin, TX

#314 Jun 12, 2012
Wanted to add that when i was first diagnosed I was COVERED in really bad bites. i thought it was poison ivy but figured I was wrong after a month of calamine lotion was useless. The Dr prescribed me prometherin 1% cream which worked in about 48 hours! What a relief I thought! All of the bites and scars practically vanished! Until I found out that keeping these things off is the real battle.
Bunny

Union, NJ

#315 Jun 28, 2012
Hi in need of help for my 6yr old granddaughter who has the scabies can somebody help to give me good advice to help get rid of this FAST she is really suffering with the itching . Plus how can I avoid me and my sons and husband not detect this? Thanks u can email me [email protected] a solution in my sad voice bunny!!!
ChemistryGeek

Surrey, Canada

#317 Jul 3, 2012
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
In the last few days, I've been doing both - the 50/50 ammonia and Windex mix all over, followed by the glycerin mix. The glycerin is sticky and anything coming out gets stuck in the glycerin. Anyway, they seem to be working well together. I have trouble taking the ivermectin orally. Prior to finding the two latest treatments, I had tried silver (10 parts per million) and it was working very well, but I was afraid of turning blue. The claim is that at 10 parts per million, you can't turn blue, but the mites coming out of my skin were blue. If your skin is darker, the silver would likely be a great solution. It's supposed to kill parasite eggs.
Hi me and my family were diagnosed with scabies two weeks ago I have tried everything form Fudicin an anti fungal cream to nix topical cream for scabies that was my last resort i didn't want to use considering its a anyways my friend had brought over this gel called ion silver gel 20pp its stronger then the liquid that you can consume this gel you only apply topically I used on me and my children instant relief and the myth about turning blue there is a reason why he turned blue he would put bath salt into his bath water and also use ion silver and you are not suppose to do that considering that ion silver is de mineralized because they counter act with each other the guy had been using it for a year and the reason he turned blue was because he admitted to putting bath salt to charge the ion silver which caused him to turn blue after long term use.So the silver you can buy in health food stores it works instantly I put it on all my scabs healed within two days and it killed the mites, the itch stopped right away and i used a spray bottle to spray my couches and bed with the 10pp the one you can drink and to top it all off my acne started going away on my face I was so happy that my friend brought this over I studied on it first .
I finally found something that worked or I guess my friend did thank god!
Scabiesaredrivin gmeinsane

United States

#318 Jul 5, 2012
Lee S Perry wrote:
I think Boroline may work about the same. It's vaseline, zinc oxide, lanolin and boric acid. I love the stuff because it does not irritate me at all. I can rub it in my eyes with no problem.
I'm going to have to try the camphor/menthol though. Let me understand correctly. First you use a camphor/menthol cream, then the next day you use the vaseline/boric acid cream?
You have scabies in your eyes?!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#319 Jul 5, 2012
Scabiesaredrivingmeinsane wrote:
<quoted text>
You have scabies in your eyes?!
I do too. I get them out and they go back in. My face, ears and nose also. Who said scabies don't live above the neck.? Our medical community is oblivious.mm
Jan

Brunswick, GA

#321 Sep 2, 2012
I don't know if this board is just a haven for trolls or what. My husband and I got scabies from our roommate's child who liked to live in dirt.
We went to the doctor as soon as we realized that there was no way we both were having the same allergic reactions. The Doctor didn't even have to test us he could tell by the tunnel pattern bite on my wrist and we were diagnosed with scabies. We were provided prescriptions for permethrin cream and steroids for the itch. The info sheet we were sent home with said the mites can not live without a host for 3 days so we put the cream on on a Thursday night and took a weekend vacation. Came home and washed our sheets and sprayed our mattress and couches with lice killer spray just in case. We also set off bug bombs while we were gone.
The following Thursday we reapplied the cream.
All of what we did was probably more than what we needed. The entire experience cost us nearly 200 bucks (not counting the Vaycay) but we are bug free.
Stop slathering yourselves with weird gels and concoctions from strangers that could most certainly cause chemical burns and intensify itching! Just go get the prescriptions and deal with the mild clean up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
morgellons mite itching crawling (Nov '06) 9 hr Faith 33
Scabies is VERY treatable! My story. (Jul '10) 10 hr Rob in Vancouver 75
Apple Cider Vinegar (Jul '12) 10 hr Jen 44
Mystery mites, atypical scabies, it's real but ... 12 hr Ivernot 5
How do you treat Scabies on your lips? (Jan '12) 13 hr Chrissy 13
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 15 hr Bobbi 306
Bird Mites (Jul '07) Tue jan 99
More from around the web