Is Benzyl Benzoate any good?

Is Benzyl Benzoate any good?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

NOtotheMites

Apopka, FL

#1 Mar 11, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me decide on this, I have a friend who's from England and he got me Benzyl Benzoate 10%, but it did not really work for me, now his brother treated scabies once with Benzyl Benzoate 25%, I believe this should be the right strength/doses etc...

I found this website

http://expressautozone.webs.com/apps/webstore...

and this persons said he's selling all of it, because he got tons of this medicine from England too.
Have you had any good results with Benzyl 25%?
FRED

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 11, 2012
i used a product called sardex, it's 29% bb. I used it head to toe or a month and it kept them from biting but didn't cure.........
Anonymous

UK

#3 Mar 11, 2012
same as Fred, it stopped the biting for a while but didn't get rid of them.
RRRRRR

Round Rock, TX

#4 Mar 12, 2012
for a month? do you mean you used it everyday?
Researcher

Miami, FL

#5 Mar 16, 2012
The trick apparently is to apply benzyl benzoate at 12.5% twice per day and leave it on all day for 28 days:

Ivermectin versus benzyl benzoate applied once or twice to treat human scabies in Dakar, Senegal: a randomized controlled trial

http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/87/6/08-0...

Don't know if Sardex is very effective, nor do I know what it is mixed with. Perhaps you can provide your doctor with this study and ask them if they can get a topical for you.
ScratchingJoe

Australia

#6 Mar 17, 2012
Researcher: I will back that up.
I've been using benzyl benzoate 25% for the last two months and ivermectin and my problem has reduced greatly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I really thought it was scabies, but it's Morge... (Mar '12) 13 min Lilgem 14
Dimmitrol order 1 hr Fighting2years 1
Scabies or Dust mites? 7 hr Kate0508 8
Scabies 17 hr Adana 6
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 18 hr Diane 815
School Teacher 20 hr Shar57 5
small family scabie problem 20 hr Shar57 5
More from around the web