Tanya45

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

I've been really itchy for 2-3 weeks now. Mostly abdomen/back, elbows, wrists, nipples and ankles (these seem to be the common scabies areas?) There are some mosquito looking bites/red blotches, but these only really come up after scratching or after a hot shower (at other times you can't see anything at all!) I have quite sensitive skin (have had allergic reactions to a certain washing powder in the past) so originally thought maybe this could be an allergy? Doctor wasn't sure either way - gave me prescriptions for a lotion and antihistamines and told me to try one then, if this didn't work, to try the other. Think she was swayed towards scabies because I mentioned I had briefly had some itchy white spots on my hands (tiny, looked sort of like whiteheads but smaller). How big/visible are the burrow marks meant to be?
I am a student and live with 3 other housemates but the doc didn't mention getting them treatment? Nor did she mention having to wash everything at 50 degrees?? I don't really know what I'm doing??!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Tanya45 wrote:
I've been really itchy for 2-3 weeks now. Mostly abdomen/back, elbows, wrists, nipples and ankles (these seem to be the common scabies areas?) There are some mosquito looking bites/red blotches, but these only really come up after scratching or after a hot shower (at other times you can't see anything at all!) I have quite sensitive skin (have had allergic reactions to a certain washing powder in the past) so originally thought maybe this could be an allergy? Doctor wasn't sure either way - gave me prescriptions for a lotion and antihistamines and told me to try one then, if this didn't work, to try the other. Think she was swayed towards scabies because I mentioned I had briefly had some itchy white spots on my hands (tiny, looked sort of like whiteheads but smaller). How big/visible are the burrow marks meant to be?
I am a student and live with 3 other housemates but the doc didn't mention getting them treatment? Nor did she mention having to wash everything at 50 degrees?? I don't really know what I'm doing??!
Ive been dealing with this nightmare for over a year now :( I have made progress but its not gone yet. I gave up on Dr. s long ago, they know very little to nothing.They tell you to use permethrin maybe twice and wash your laundry, that is not a do all.
I just wasted a lot of money on it. Only a Dr. supposedly can actuall diagnose it, but mine did not initially he said it was an allergy, oh yeh. A test you can try yourself, put rubbing alchol lots of it on a spot where it is itchy let it sit on this area for about 5 minutes, then use a good magnifying glass and look at it, if you see a microscopic black speck.......chances are! The quicker you get on the daily treatment and cleaning mode the better off you will be. Also it says even people that are asymptomatic should be treating, read the articles theres lots of good information here.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

The white spots are likely dead skin cells from the mites burrowing and this typically happens around areas with rashes. The areas with rashes and itching are areas you should pay more attention to when treating as these are areas the mites are burrowing in and causing allergic reactions.

Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com
aaisaw

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

scabieshelp wrote:
The white spots are likely dead skin cells from the mites burrowing and this typically happens around areas with rashes. The areas with rashes and itching are areas you should pay more attention to when treating as these are areas the mites are burrowing in and causing allergic reactions.
Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com
Do NOT buy products from this company. They are an internet rip off!! They do not want you to know the true cure for scabies, which is ivermectin and permethrin. They sell snake oil for $40 for a small bottle. Do not get caught up in their madness.
They spend a lot of time on this forum to discredit the true cures of scabies, because they want you to buy their snake oils.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 57 min FRED 860
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... 1 hr FRED 9
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 1 hr poly 130
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) 5 hr Marina Bekforx 604
scabies healing (Jul '07) 15 hr still itchy 40
How to find out what type of mite you have (Jun '10) 19 hr jjj 48
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 22 hr Adana 4,093
•••
•••