Cure for scabies? Dry brushing

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Brisbane, Australia

#1 Oct 29, 2011
After all the reading I have done about scabies I believe THE CURE COULD BE DRY BODY BRUSHING. I know this may sound ludicrous but please read on. I have tried this with my rash and it has worked really well.
The extent to which a person contracts scabies is dependent on a few things, firstly their immune response. Regular scabies and the extreme form of scabies, Norwegian scabies are caused by exactly the same mite, the only difference is the person's immune response. Sugar inhibits immune response so my advice is stay away from it till the scabies is well and truly gone. Avoid all foods with sugar added to them and avoid fruits too because it doesn't matter what form the sugar comes in, fructose or otherwise it will inhibit the immune response. A great way to boost your immune response to anything is garlic juice. I juice a glass of celery and put two or three cloves of garlic in, and quarter or half a lemon. This may taste really gross to some people but I would urge you to give it a go. Garlic is a very powerful food, while it is good to eat it, it is far more powerful as a juice. If you can't juice it have it raw, when cooked the health benefits are decreased.

Secondly, the mite is about the size of a tiny piece of dust. If you were to look at your arm under a microscope or powerful magnifying glass the mite would be bigger than the width of one of the hairs growing out of it. A piece of human hair is only about 1/5 of a millimeter while the mite is larger at about a quarter to a third of a millimeter. The females burrow but the males roam around on the surface of the skin. The rash is caused by the 'toxins' left behind by the female, which are just under the surface of the skin. When people get sunburn and it heals a very thin layer of skin peels off, the 'toxins' are only that deep down.

This has led me to the conclusion that DRY BRUSHING OF THE SKIN WILL WORK. The reason I believe it will work, and is working for me is because when you dry brush you are doing two things, you are dislodging any males that may be roaming the surface, they may be able to cling on in the shower or bath but they will not stand up to a brush. Secondly you are brushing away the toxins that the female left behind, as well I should imagine the eggs, and possibly the females since while they are under the skin, they are still very close to the surface of the skin and that thin layer of skin is brushed away.

Dry brushing is done with a soft brush, you can you a natural fibre brush or synthetic, it doesn't really matter, but I believe synthetic could be better as the natural one could be too soft. There are two kinds of natural brushes, one has very stiff fibers which would be too harsh while the other kind has softer, flexible fibers. I am using a synthetic hair brush which is somewhere in between. Dry body brushing has been used for decades in Europe for its health benefits, see Parvo Ariola's book How to Get Well for more details. Anyway start at the feet or hands and work towards the heart, move the brush vigorously in circles but remember your trying to dislodge a mite that is only the size of a tiny piece of dust so you don't need to over do it. I have done this over my rashes and seen a vast improvement. Make sure you do your whole body, I wouldn't recommend brushing the face and neck though because the skin is a lot more fragile there, back of the neck is ok to brush but not the front. If youíre a guy I guess your skin is less fragile there so it may be ok. Vacume the floor after brushing.

This is all just my personal opinion, try it at your own risk. Of course you still need to wash towels, bedding and clothes too.
I believe I caught scabies from my fair weather friendís cat. I know that human scabies don't live on cats, but there is no reason why the cat, like a piece of furniture, would not have some scabies on it that had come off the human host and not died yet, itís the only logical explanation.)

Brisbane, Australia

#2 Oct 29, 2011
I forgot to say, do the dry brushing first thing in the morning before showering and last thing at night before bed. Have another shower if you want but the showering is not necessary,
Eric B

Ireland

#3 Oct 30, 2011
Does it have to be a specific type of brush or would any old brush do? Also do you know if UV light/tanning could help cure it?

Since: Aug 11

Cannington, Australia

#4 Oct 30, 2011
good luck with that one !!!!

Bondi, Australia

#5 Nov 3, 2011
Any old brush will do, but since posting this I would suggest brushing in the morning and evening and showering after both. Also neem leaf extract is fantastic, especially when combined with tea tree oil. Leave neem on all day. I also drink neem leaf tea and put the leaves on my rash, it works like a charm. You can also buy sulphur powder from healthfood shops, dissolve some in water till you have a thick paste and apply it to the rash. Since I have combined all these treatments I have had no new bumps come up. Buy neem leaf products here
http://www.naturalhealthorganics.com.au/Neem-... , its an Australian site, though you might find some thing else closer to home, just google neem leaf extract etc. I don't cut any corners with washing either, I wash everything in hot water and dry it on hot setting.

Bondi, Australia

#6 Nov 3, 2011
Sorry forgot to reply about the tanning light, I have no idea if it would help, but I wouldn't risk it, those things give you skin cancer.

Cannington, Australia

#7 Nov 3, 2011
Drybrush777 wrote:
Sorry forgot to reply about the tanning light, I have no idea if it would help, but I wouldn't risk it, those things give you skin cancer.
hi dry brush im interested about this dry brushing as i have read an article on it!
how is it going for you? how badly are you infested,how long have you had it? hope it works for you :)

oh one other thing where did you hear about it as i have only read about it from an article someone sent me from forum and i think he had to pay for it? could you please post links if you have any thanks
Annie

Mckinney, TX

#8 Nov 3, 2011
My concern about dry brushing would be that the fertile females are under the top layer of skin. To dislodge them, you would have to get under the skin, or break the skin. Anytime you break the skin, you run the risk of infection.

I believe that frequent showering, and use of a loofah or wash cloth to gently rub the skin, can be very helpful. I also rub my scalp vigorously with my fingertips (not fingernails!) when washing my hair, to remove any surface mites.

Bondi, Australia

#9 Nov 8, 2011
Hey to everyone who has read my posts, I've had a break through. I've got rid of the scabies completely with Eucalyptus oil. I have tried benzyl benzoate, Lycream with 5% permethrin,(both of which are toxic and I don't recommend, plus they have an effect but don't kill all the mites etc.) The natural treatments I have tried are neem leaf extract, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil. Both neem leaf extract and tea tree oil help keep the mites at bay but won't kill it, I believe EUCALYPTUS OIL KILLS SCABIES!!
Eucalyptus oil is cheap and effective, it will kill the mites and heal the rash REALLY FAST. You can also put it in with your washing and use it to wipe down surfaces.
I still recommend dry brushing, the great thing about dry brushing is that it shows you that there are actually a lot more toxins under your skin than there appears to be.
My story: I had a rash on chest, about the size of a 50 cent piece. I used benzyl benzoate but the rash spread to my inner elbow. I used Lycream with 5% permethrin but the rash continued to spread. I started exfoliating, when I exfoliated it exposed toxins on my chest, my whole chest area actually had toxins in it which had not yet manifested in a rash. As I exfoliated a rash appeared all over my chest, this is not because i spread the rash, but because the toxins were already there just beneath the surface and hadn't become full blown 'pimples' yet. Exfoliating this area took the head off the barely there pimples and brushed away the toxins. The rash quickly scabbed up,(I applied a sulfur paste which quickened the scabbing, detoxing and healing but you don't need to do this, it's pricey...just use the Eucalyptus oil). Eucalyptus oil will help take away the redness of the rash and dry up any 'pusiness'. But don't over do it!!
Warning with the Eucalyptus: Its powerful stuff, I would recommend covering your whole body with it 2 days in a row. After that use very sparingly because repeated use will cause itching. You may continue to itch after the 2 applications, relax, you have killed a lot of mites and you will feel the effects of the toxins for a few days. If you itch don't scratch, exfoliate with a brush. If you don't feel comfortable having nothing on your skin then use tea tree oil or neem leaf extract. These two treatments are more gentle and shouldn't cause itching. I'm sure this is going to work for you, remember before money hungry pharmaceutical companies came along people dealt with scabies naturally, I believe this is how Indigenous Australians dealt with it, and neem leaf extract and tea is how Indian/Asian people dealt with it. Good luck! No-one deserves scabies and I wish you all luck in getting rid of it, I'm sure Eucalyptus will work for you!! xxx

Bondi, Australia

#10 Nov 8, 2011
Sorry I forgot to mention this regarding Eucalyptus, DON'T USE IT FULL STRENGTH ON GENITALS. I am fortunate in that I never had any itching on my genitals but for those who have and want to put Eucalyptus there: put a few drops in with...I don't know...maybe 50 mls of a carrier oil..the dilution is up to you. Eucalyptus WILL sting the genitals really badly if not greatly diluted. I didn't put any on mine, I just put it on my thighs and that in itself caused stinging on my genitals. Remember to do your WHOLE body.. I missed the soles of my feet and after about 5 minutes I could feel a lot of 'activity' there, not itching, more like crawling, I slapped on some eucalyptus and that put an end to it all.

Bondi, Australia

#11 Nov 8, 2011
Use eucalyptus on your scalp too, leave it in overnight and wash out the next day. I wouldn't recommend it on the face but if it is necessary then dilute it as you would for the genitals.

Cannington, Australia

#12 Nov 8, 2011
just cause there is no itching in your genitals honestly does not mean they are not there yet! they love those spots! you need to treat it other wise you will risk reinfestation.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 11, 2011
Dry brushing? Is this a joke? Yeah, like that's going to cure you. Geez!
ThankYou

Somerset, KY

#14 Nov 13, 2011
I'm going to try it! I have just applied for a medical card. I'm pregnant and I'm tired of waiting for this card to come in the mail, when I want to show off my belly and take pictures now. Plus being pregnant is hard enough without all the constant itching. Thank you for your advice!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#15 Nov 20, 2011
Drybrush777 wrote:
Hey to everyone who has read my posts, I've had a break through. I've got rid of the scabies completely with Eucalyptus oil. I have tried benzyl benzoate, Lycream with 5% permethrin,(both of which are toxic and I don't recommend, plus they have an effect but don't kill all the mites etc.) The natural treatments I have tried are neem leaf extract, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil. Both neem leaf extract and tea tree oil help keep the mites at bay but won't kill it, I believe EUCALYPTUS OIL KILLS SCABIES!!
Eucalyptus oil is cheap and effective, it will kill the mites and heal the rash REALLY FAST. You can also put it in with your washing and use it to wipe down surfaces.
I still recommend dry brushing, the great thing about dry brushing is that it shows you that there are actually a lot more toxins under your skin than there appears to be.
My story: I had a rash on chest, about the size of a 50 cent piece. I used benzyl benzoate but the rash spread to my inner elbow. I used Lycream with 5% permethrin but the rash continued to spread. I started exfoliating, when I exfoliated it exposed toxins on my chest, my whole chest area actually had toxins in it which had not yet manifested in a rash. As I exfoliated a rash appeared all over my chest, this is not because i spread the rash, but because the toxins were already there just beneath the surface and hadn't become full blown 'pimples' yet. Exfoliating this area took the head off the barely there pimples and brushed away the toxins. The rash quickly scabbed up,(I applied a sulfur paste which quickened the scabbing, detoxing and healing but you don't need to do this, it's pricey...just use the Eucalyptus oil). Eucalyptus oil will help take away the redness of the rash and dry up any 'pusiness'. But don't over do it!!
Warning with the Eucalyptus: Its powerful stuff, I would recommend covering your whole body with it 2 days in a row. After that use very sparingly because repeated use will cause itching. You may continue to itch after the 2 applications, relax, you have killed a lot of mites and you will feel the effects of the toxins for a few days. If you itch don't scratch, exfoliate with a brush. If you don't feel comfortable having nothing on your skin then use tea tree oil or neem leaf extract. These two treatments are more gentle and shouldn't cause itching. I'm sure this is going to work for you, remember before money hungry pharmaceutical companies came along people dealt with scabies naturally, I believe this is how Indigenous Australians dealt with it, and neem leaf extract and tea is how Indian/Asian people dealt with it. Good luck! No-one deserves scabies and I wish you all luck in getting rid of it, I'm sure Eucalyptus will work for you!! xxx
I think you might be on to something here. I have been reading and researching this online and several spas do this and it's supposed to be good for your body. Of course you do not use the brush on yourself so hard as to "break the skin". The article I read also mentioned using a baby brush for babies on their skin lightly of course. I don't think this alone is a cure all but a definite aid to use along with the treatments a person chooses to do. I tried it yesterday on a problem area and it really made a difference, I saw 2 microscopic mites with my magnifying glass that were exposed from efoliating with the soft bristle brush. So I believe this is a good aid to use along with your treatment of choice. Also, stand in the tub and do your exfoliation then rinse the tub out before showering. I have been exfoilating daily in the shower with a good exfoliating cloth from the Body Shop, however I think the dry exfoliation is actually better. Thanks for you input on this!
Pleaseee help

Annapolis, MD

#16 Nov 20, 2011
Has the eucalyptus oil helped ant one else. Please help me I really want this done with!!

Cannington, Australia

#17 Nov 20, 2011
Pleaseee help wrote:
Has the eucalyptus oil helped ant one else. Please help me I really want this done with!!
there is oils that have been proven to kill mites,why would you go use eucalyptus.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 20, 2011
Pleaseee help wrote:
Eucalyptus did nothing for me. I use it head to toe for days when I first caught scabies.

Adelaide, Australia

#19 Nov 21, 2011
Another really effective treatment is Pau D'arco supplement. This comes in gelatin capsules, inside is the powdered bark of the Pau D'arco tree. You can either take the capsules as they are, or open them and eat the powder, tip the contents into a cup, add hot water and milk as you would for coffee. Pau D' arco was recommended to me by a natropath, it is also used for ring worm. You can buy Pau D'arc products on i.herb.com .
To summarise all my posts these are all effective treatments:
Eucalyptus oil
Tea tree oil
neem leaf extract
Exfoliation with a body brush
sulfur powder in drinks and on skin
drinking neem leaf tea- boil it for 5 minutes
Pau D'arco
Cut all sugars (including fruit) out of your diet

I can't emphasis this last point enough, whenever I've had a flair up it is always after eating sugars. As I rarely eat sugars the connection has been obvious.

Adelaide, Australia

#20 Nov 24, 2011
THE CURE FOR SCABIES IS PYRETHRUM! NOT PERETHRIN PYRETHRUM WILL CURE YOU!!
PYRETHRUM is the natural substance that perethrin was based on.
Pyrethrum comes from chrysanthemum flowers, it is non-toxic to mammals but toxic to aquatic life.
Perethrin is fairly non-toxic for humans but toxic for cats and aquatic life. The problem with perethrin is that some generations of scabies mites have become resistant to it.
Apparently there are no insects that are resistant to the non-toxic pyrethrum, because its molecules are more complex than its synthetic counterpart and because hardly one uses it- we have all been conned by chemical companies into thinking synthetic chemicals work best.
You can read about the difference between pyrethrum and perethrin here
http://www.livingwithbugs.com/permethrin_pyre...
and about insect resistance to chemicals here
http://www.pestech.com.au/insect-resistance/
Pyrethroids- this term refers to both the natural and synthetic component that kills insects, so if you read about it know that it is not a term that discerns between the two. You may read that pyrethroids are toxic to cats, if you read that they are talking about the synthetic version- perethrin, not the organic version, pyrethrum. The natural version may also be referred to as pyrethrins- watch for the py at the beginning.
read about how pyrethrum kills insects here under 'mechanism of action':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethroid
How I used pyrethrum to cure myself of scabies:
I purchased a bottle of pyrethrum from a garden/hardware centre. Be sure you get one that contains only pyrethrum and one other component-
Piperonyl butoxide- its there to enhance the pyrethrum. PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE IS NOT SAFE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN, AND VERY YOUNG CHILDREN- however it seems to be safe for the rest of us- read more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piperonyl_butoxi...
Many other manufacturers also add chemicals and garlic and chilli, don't get those ones because they will stink and sting.
Get the one that has just pyrethrum (which may be called pyrethrins when they note the concentration) and piperonyl butoxide.
You may be able to find a spray without piperonyl butoxide added, I don't know. If not, you could contact the manufacturer and ask them to send you a mix without the piperonyl added.
I bought a bottle with this concentration:
4g/L Pyrethrum and 16g/L of Piperonyl butoxide.
You can buy it in stronger and weaker concentrations. I covered myself completely in the stuff, without diluting it, even though it says that when you use it on the garden you put 20mls of it in 1 litre of water. You can put it on your genitals and it won't sting, it has virtually no odor and won't stain your clothes. I wet all of my hair with it, my scalp, my face, including close to my eyes...everywhere. It kills mites in minutes, but I left it on my body overnight. Once you have put it on you may feel a pinprick or a bite now or then, it is a mite that was too deep in the skin to be killed- just spray some on the area and it will die. This happens mostly on the scalp. Continue to spray a small amount on yourself wherever you itch, treat yourself all over once every five days until your completely clear. If you are wary that the concentration I have used is too high just dilute it more. Pyrethrum is so safe you can spray it on your garden then eat from it the next day. You can dilute this mixture and use it to spray your environment. You can spray it on your clothes, I would suggest after you have washed them, because if you put it in your washing machine it will get into the water system and harm fish. Don't use it in sunlight, it doesn't work.
You will still have a rash for a while, I would keep using the pyrethrum till the rash is gone and there is no itching. Exfoliating reduces itching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 2 hr Char 1,029
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 7 hr Wendymite 586
advantix ii blue concerns (Mar '12) 10 hr jhannamarie 9
Scabies 11 hr jhannamarie 2
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Fri Trythis 1,529
Freeze instead of washing clothes (Dec '08) Fri G scales 31
One Herbalist's Scabies Cure (Feb '11) Thu Julsbbw 40
More from around the web