I did it-I really may be cured!

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#1 Mar 28, 2014
I stopped all treatments 3 days ago and all I知 doing now is vitamin E skin oil treatment for my burned out skin. I think I did it all in 30 days after I had my first all night itch attack.
I read every post I could on this forum and all other web pages I could for any suggestions I thought sounded realistic. I did everything from bleach baths to sulfur mixes to Eurax. My strategy was to mix things up so the bugs could never develop a resistance.
My #1 go to potions were

1. Ivermectin 1.87% with praziquantel 14% twice a day for 30 days
2. Valbazen Albendazole 10ml dosage twice a day for 30 days

And two topicals 3. Permethin 10% every few days

4. Clove bud oil mixed with various carriers for dilution as clove oil is too strong for my skin straight out of the bottle.

I didn't even start the laundry stuff till half way through my treatment periods as I was playing a game of attrition first. Kill as many of them bugs I could before I started to focus on 100% clean up. I wouldn't recommend my strategy to anyone except the really desperate who needed to fix fast and willing to take the risk with all these poisons.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 29, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
I stopped all treatments 3 days ago and all I知 doing now is vitamin E skin oil treatment for my burned out skin. I think I did it all in 30 days after I had my first all night itch attack.
I read every post I could on this forum and all other web pages I could for any suggestions I thought sounded realistic. I did everything from bleach baths to sulfur mixes to Eurax. My strategy was to mix things up so the bugs could never develop a resistance.
My #1 go to potions were
4. Clove bud oil mixed with various carriers for dilution as clove oil is too strong for my skin straight out of the bottle.
I didn't even start the laundry stuff till half way through my treatment periods as I was playing a game of attrition first. Kill as many of them bugs I could before I started to focus on 100% clean up. I wouldn't recommend my strategy to anyone except the really desperate who needed to fix fast and willing to take the risk with all these poisons.
Scratch,
Are you having any symptoms at all at this point? Did you have any ill side effects from valbazen?
Second time round

Cambridge, UK

#3 Mar 29, 2014
Desperate4cure wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch,
Are you having any symptoms at all at this point? Did you have any ill side effects from valbazen?
This is the second time I have caught scabies (I work with children) and what I found worked/killed those little critters the first time round was a mixture of sulfur soap (twice daily) 6% clove oil to 100 % carrier oil applied head to toe in the day and tea tree, manuka and neem cream (Amberly Aromatics-you can find it on Amazon) applied head to toe at night (I used these items in between permethrin applications). I wrapped my mattress and pilliows in plastic bags-sealed air tight and changed EVERYTHING- bedding/pjs/shoes/clothes on a daily basis but, I bagged up everything and left them in an airtight bag for seven days before hot washing, tumble drying and ironing. I used borax with my washing and used a mixture of borax/detol to spray and mop surfaces. If you have pets, treat them with Frontline (I used that on my cat). If you have carpets, they need to be steamed. Wrap plactic over your sofa, not pretty, but it works a treat. Pick one chair (preferably without cushion attached) and only sit it that chair. Wipe it down with detol/borax solution when you've finished using it. Don't let anyone else sit in your chair. You're going to have to become a little OCD in your cleaning routine. If you're working, take a week off, get signed off from your doctors with stress and completely blitz your house. Clean everything in the morning and then again at night. If your house is cluttered (mine was, i'm a hoarder!) throw out what you really don't need, everthing thing else needs to be wiped down/scrubbed/cleaned. Once you've done this, apply the permethrin, go to sleep and the next day...clean some more. It took me 4 weeks to get rid off. Remember, even when you have got rid of scabies, you will still itch like crazy for a good month afterwards but, if you do not feel the PINPRICK sensation, then you are all clear. Good luck! You CAN beat this. Keep me posted of your progrees.

Etobicoke, Canada

#4 Mar 29, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
My #1 go to potions were
Congrat! You've given new hope to me and I hope others using Ivermectin 1.87%. I'm on the 29 day program just starting my 2nd week and I'm just now noticing improvement less crawling and pinpricks. I'm using 2 topicals Permethin 5% and for my off days 50/50 mixture of tea tree oil and purell. I agree 100% you got to mix it up to avoid resistance

Somerville, MA

#5 Mar 29, 2014
Desperate4cure wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch,
I do have some side effects 1. I burned the hell out of my skin, but I blame the bleach baths and using too much bleach. Bleach is tricky-you don't know you have used enough and when your itching your so tempted to pour in more into the bath water than you need. Its a slow burn, you dont know till its too late.
and
2. chunks of my hair is falling out, I dont know if its from the Valbazen or the Ivermectin with praziquantel. I just shaved it all off as I usually do every couple months So Im the crome dome again!
3. I still itch, but I don't think its from living mites, it could be my burnt skin healing as healing skin tends to itch on me esp after sunburns, so I think that's what it is.

I probably know a lot more in a couple of weeks!

Somerville, MA

#6 Mar 29, 2014
Pops55 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm using 2 topicals Permethin 5% and for my off days 50/50 mixture of tea tree oil and purell. I agree 100% you got to mix it up to avoid resistance
Yes topicals that I used were many. I even mixed clove oil with Permethin as the carrier a couple of times for a real kick.

I doing the Arm and Hammer powder baths now, feels real good on the skin. There are some great reports about the A&H Powder baths on this forum.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 29, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have some side effects 1. I burned the hell out of my skin, but I blame the bleach baths and using too much bleach. Bleach is tricky-you don't know you have used enough and when your itching your so tempted to pour in more into the bath water than you need. Its a slow burn, you dont know till its too late.
and
2. chunks of my hair is falling out, I dont know if its from the Valbazen or the Ivermectin with praziquantel. I just shaved it all off as I usually do every couple months So Im the crome dome again!
3. I still itch, but I don't think its from living mites, it could be my burnt skin healing as healing skin tends to itch on me esp after sunburns, so I think that's what it is.
I probably know a lot more in a couple of weeks!
Hair loss is probably from the valbazen/(albendazole) it's listed as a possible side effect of albendazole. I've been communicating with 2 people on valbazen who lost all of their hair within the first 2-3 weeks of taking valbazen. I noticed my leg and armpit hair growing in much more slowly. The hair loss side effect is temporary.

Somerville, MA

#8 Mar 29, 2014
So sick of this wrote:
<quoted text>
Hair loss is probably from the valbazen/(albendazole) it's listed as a possible side effect of albendazole. I've been communicating with 2 people on valbazen who lost all of their hair within the first 2-3 weeks of taking valbazen. I noticed my leg and armpit hair growing in much more slowly. The hair loss side effect is temporary.
Yes, I just got a couple of private messages claiming the same happened to them and they were women. They lost it all for a short period of time but informed me it grows back.
So thanks for your message
Anonymous

Rusk, TX

#9 Mar 29, 2014
Ignore this guy he gets money when you search for ivectrin and other products listed on HIS WEBSITES!!!

Somerville, MA

#10 Mar 30, 2014
ScabiesBGONE wrote:
Ignore this guy he gets money when you search for ivectrin and other products listed on HIS WEBSITES!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_ (Internet)

Interesting-thats the rock you crawled from out under. A real life troll!
the world is full of parasites, not just the eight legged kind.

Somerville, MA

#11 Mar 30, 2014

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#12 Mar 30, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
My #1 go to potions were
I assume you did the 2 protocols the iver. & valbazen separately....correct?

Boston, MA

#13 Mar 30, 2014
wantmylifeback wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you did the 2 protocols the iver. & valbazen separately....correct?
About 5 minutes apart

Somerville, MA

#14 Apr 7, 2014
Here it is April -7th and I知 about the same as when I started this post March-30th-with some itching but not from live mites in my opinion.

I had a couple of incidents where new puncture bites, I call string bites, appeared but after a quick spot treatment with either clove oil or freedom-45 they never seem to developed into open soars as they did before.

The occasional itching I get I believe is caused by my many Permethrin treatments I gave myself in the past with the 10% stuff for animals. It seems to be subsiding now and I hope eventually it will leave and I will be back to normal. I did read that Permethrin has a side effect which is itching, so one needs to be careful one is not overmedicating because of that.

Clove oil has turned out to be my best friend! What a wonderful itch remedy it is even for the Perm itch. I mix it with cheap vitamin E skin oil I picked up at the local store.

All my hair did fall out, even my beard and I知 told it痴 from my treatments of Valbazen Albendazole. It even did a good job on my ear hairs lol! I知 in good spirits now that the insane itching has gone away. Someday maybe I can forget all this.

Guelph, Canada

#15 Apr 7, 2014
scratch glad to hear you're doing so well, you're an inspiration. I have Permethin 10% on order as the 5% just isn't doing it. Is it safe to use straight up or should I mix it with clove oil or something, thanks

Somerville, MA

#16 Apr 7, 2014
Safe is not a word I use when self medicating-its risky business. Just ask my hair! lol

But to answer your question- I did use it many times at full strength and other times I mixed it with clove oil for an extra kick. At one point I was perming daily till I realized the surface mites were gone and my itch was from healing skin. The perm makes you itch too you know?

Good luck with yours pops55. Let us know if you get em?

Somerville, MA

#17 Apr 10, 2014
I decided to start a maintenance program with the Valbazen Albendazole just to play it on the safe side. I cant say I've been reinfected as I have been sleeping straight through the nights undisturbed since late March, but there have been several attempts to reinfect me by evidence of a couple of string bites I found on my legs. Some as recent as yesterday!

What I call string bites are those 4-5 or more puncture bites in a row/straight line. You know-connect the dots?

I will do both the Ivermectin 1.87% and the Valbazen and then play around with some topicals. Im going to try to stay away from the Permethrin this time so I can get a better skin sensitivity to any crawlies or pricks even though I have none now!

I have one question: Should I stay on the same dosages during the maintenance period or start lowering dosages? Any suggestions greatly appreciated-I'm not to familiar with this maintenance regimen

Somerville, MA

#18 Apr 30, 2014
Wow!
April 30th already, that痴 another 20 some days on the Valbazen and I知 still afraid to stop dosing. I知 more and more convinced it痴 not Sarcoptes Scabiei I知 dealing with but more of a bird mite I知 afraid.

I have been treating my bedroom as I would for bedbugs with sticky traps under my bed legs and Vaseline spread on my bedposts. Anything crawling on my floor cannot get into my bed. I知 treating the hardwood floor with spray garden poison for spiders and mites from the local home depot.

Plastic bagged the mattress which I spray down with Pine-sol every morning and 鼎edar Mothballs under the covers till I get back home from work at night. I spray a Lavender soap on my skin and rub it in every morning.

Bird Mites are more susceptible to aromas than the human mite and I don稚 believe the eggs are laid under my skin but inside my clothes and bed covers.

So far so good, no new string bites for over a week now though I still sense a crawling every once in a while- which is greatly unnerving! Looks I値l still be here for another couple of weeks. I知 not signing off yet!

Hamilton, Canada

#19 May 3, 2014
This is one post I didn't want to read, but it's seems like you're getting it under control. I'm on day 2 of Valbazen and my fingers are crossed and for you too

Somerville, MA

#20 May 3, 2014
Hey pops? when is the last time you had an undisturbed sleep? I sleep good for some time now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 10 hr lola 548
Scabies - cleaning and laundering (Nov '06) 17 hr ladypaints2play 231
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mon ccb 683
Only one in house with scabies? (Mar '12) Sun chivaroja 59
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) Sun Jacksonville scab... 138
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) Apr 18 essential 75
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Apr 18 PleaseHelp 4,345
More from around the web