1% Ivermectin Solution vs. 1.87% Horse Paste Ivemectin
Posted in the Scabies Forum
#1 Oct 21, 2010
I think we should discuss the oral usage of 1% Ivermectin vs. 1.87% Horse Paste Ivermectin (both dosed at the average 200mcg/kg of body weight). I tried the horse paste only once, and stopped because it made my heart race so fast, I felt I was going to have a heart attack. I ordered a 50ml bottle of the injectable 1% Ivermectin solution for Cattle and Swine (1ml/110lbs body weight), and have taken three doses of it without side effects so far for me. Don't take this medicine without thinking it through and doing your due diligence in research and analysis of risks/benefits.
Since we cannot search within the forum posts, it would help those new to this Scabies Forum to hear what everyone thinks about the off label use of Veterinarian grade Ivermectin in this ongoing battle against scabies. Please stay on topic in your responses. This posting is to be ONLY about 1% Iver Solution vs. 1.87% Iver Horse Paste, and their uses. NO Cutting and Pasting of huge amounts of bizarre medical info from google (that means you, netherlands, you naughty boy). No flame wars, please.
My strongest suggestion is to switch away from the Horse Ivermectin paste and use only the purer 1% Iver Solution for Cattle and Swine, because we are more physiologically similar to pigs than horses. I've been using my left over Horse Paste for spot skin treatments using tiny amounts of the paste on active mites.
So, fellow Scabies Forums Folks...what do you think?
Good Luck to everyone in this war with those skin devils!!
Since: May 10
#2 Oct 22, 2010
I've used the injectiblec orally for a while now. U need exact doses and need a syringe and needle to withdraw and measure doses. Much better than horsepaste. Is great for pets but u have to know exact doses, because there is a huge risk of overdose with pets weighing less than 20 pounds. Many people on this forum have used it and were cured.
A search on the forum with the word ivermectin will bring many threads, to study and make your own decision.
#3 Oct 24, 2010
I've tried both and haven't had any problems with either.
FreakinBiteMe: Are you sure you didn't accidentally use a paste that had praziquantel added to it? Hmmm....actually I did have a problem with a couple pastes. These had a stronger odor which smelled sort of like paint. 1.87% ivermectin was supposed to be the only active ingredient in them so I suppose it was whatever else which was added. It caused me some dizziness when I waked in the morning, and some unusual vision problems (tunnel vision sometimes, darkening, shifting). They were the cheaper pastes. Ivercare never gave me any problems. The one branded "Horse Health", and another called Agri-(sometjhing or other) were the ones that gave me problems.
I weigh about 200 pounds and was taking 3cc's of injectable orally (1 cc over a regular dosage). This seemed to work well. I've used Iver for far too long. It always helped or seemed to cure me, but they always came back. It wasn't until I started using sulfur that they finally went away.
#4 Sep 12, 2012
I hope this thread isnt to old!! May I check up a few things with you? I would be very grateful! Everything gets a little bit more uncertain when english is not your native language. In Sweden we do not have quite the same medicine products either (or at least not the same names) and it is also much more difficult to get hold of them without a doctors precription. Further we do not have the same weight system as US/USA (but for heavens sake; I CAN use a converter ) But; better safe than sorry - SO to make it short:
1. Does Ivermec that is intended for injection really work orally? Or the most important question: Did you get well by taking it? Are you free from the bugs?(Please everyone who writes in this forum; DO NOT forget to tell that; that is the most important part!!)
2. Did you combine Ivomec with something else; sulphur; et c?
3. Concerning the dose: taking from your text: "1 ml /110 lbs body weight". 110 lbs=49,9 kg (lets say 50 kg to make it easy). May I ask if I have got it right when I, with my weight of 60 kg then should take 1,2 ml?
4. Further you said you had taken the dose "1 ml /110 lbs body weight" three times. How long time in between??
5. Why do you think the 1% Ivermec is affect differently compared with the 1.87 paste? I mean Ivermec is the active ingredient in both. I get that they have put other things in the paste of course (and do not have the list of ingredients here) but are there other active, strong ingredients that can affect a humans except for the Ivermec itself in the paste? Perhaps you got the sympthoms because it was higher concentration (1,87) Ivermec in it??
Add your comments below
|Scabies cured (Dec '08)||4 hr||lynn||112|
|Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07)||15 hr||Rosefedup||963|
|ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11)||22 hr||Lulupoke325||822|
|Post scabies hives?||Thu||jeaves22||7|
|Deet for scabies? (Jun '13)||Thu||Nycmom||8|
|black specks (Feb '09)||Wed||Theysaimcraze||76|
|Immune system question||Jun 29||Eugene||13|
Find what you want!
Search Scabies Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC