Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#173 Jan 2, 2011
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Canuckette. So, are you able to buy the Sunlight there in Canada? Are you going to buy a new hot water heater? I had to replace all 3 of mine (not at the same time). very expensive!!! holy cow!!(washer, dryer and hot water heater)...
Happy New Years, Canukette!!!
Hi Aaron,
The repairman replaced the gas igniter on our hot water heater and so it's fine now. We also replaced our washer and dryer a year ago with one with a sanitary/high heat setting. Very expensive but it usually works. Actually I'm not sure if the heater on the washer is working anymore - the washer repairman said it was, but who knows when it's under warranty. The water coming out from the wash cycle is definitely not 160F. It's another battle in the ongoing saga. Having pretty good luck with the lime-sulfur dip. There are still areas that will not succomb to the lime-sulfur dip. Wonder if they can become resistant to it? A Chinese friend just gave me a tiny bottle of something called "White Flowers Embrocation". It's like a liquid version of Tiger Balm, if you're familiar with that. The ingredients are Wintergreen, Lavender Oil, Menthol Crystal, Camphor, and Eucalyptus. I just put it on the stubborn ones and will tell you if it has an effect.
Frank

Hollywood, FL

#174 Jan 2, 2011
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Aaron,
The repairman replaced the gas igniter on our hot water heater and so it's fine now. We also replaced our washer and dryer a year ago with one with a sanitary/high heat setting. Very expensive but it usually works. Actually I'm not sure if the heater on the washer is working anymore - the washer repairman said it was, but who knows when it's under warranty. The water coming out from the wash cycle is definitely not 160F. It's another battle in the ongoing saga. Having pretty good luck with the lime-sulfur dip. There are still areas that will not succomb to the lime-sulfur dip. Wonder if they can become resistant to it? A Chinese friend just gave me a tiny bottle of something called "White Flowers Embrocation". It's like a liquid version of Tiger Balm, if you're familiar with that. The ingredients are Wintergreen, Lavender Oil, Menthol Crystal, Camphor, and Eucalyptus. I just put it on the stubborn ones and will tell you if it has an effect.
No, they don't become resistant to sulfur and lime. they become resistant to the miticidal poisons,though. You paid plenty for a washer that will heat up to scalding hot, and that is what it should be doing. Call them up and have them fix it. Buy a candy thermometer and test the water. 130 degrees kills everything. The mites don't like any of those ingredients you mentioned.
Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#175 Jan 2, 2011
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't become resistant to sulfur and lime. they become resistant to the miticidal poisons,though. You paid plenty for a washer that will heat up to scalding hot, and that is what it should be doing. Call them up and have them fix it. Buy a candy thermometer and test the water. 130 degrees kills everything. The mites don't like any of those ingredients you mentioned.
Great idea!
Alice

Fort Myers, FL

#176 Jan 2, 2011
I'm impressed with the sulferated lime dip in the bathtub. I stay in there till my fingers and toes prune. I feel like I'm winning the battle.
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#177 Jan 2, 2011
Alice wrote:
I'm impressed with the sulferated lime dip in the bathtub. I stay in there till my fingers and toes prune. I feel like I'm winning the battle.
I'm glad you are getting some relief with it, Alice.
Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#178 Jan 2, 2011
Alice wrote:
I'm impressed with the sulferated lime dip in the bathtub. I stay in there till my fingers and toes prune. I feel like I'm winning the battle.
How much do you put in a full tub? I'm having good success with applying it.
Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#179 Jan 4, 2011
Hi Alice,
I just re-read your post above - 4 ounces in the tub. Thanks.
sara

Brighton, UK

#180 Jan 7, 2011
Can someone please advise me how to put sulfur on the scalp?

Should i use an oil, grapeseed- same as body?

What shampoos etc.

I have thick hair and i think the scalp is why i am having such on going problems!

And how do you ensure its mixed in properly?

Thanks
Alice

Fort Myers, FL

#181 Jan 7, 2011
I only used sulfur in the tub and dunked my hair.(avoid the eyes, the stuff will burn like pepper spray) You must be using powdered sulfur Sara? When I dunked my hair, it turned goldenrod yellow (or sunflower) thank god it wore out but my coworkers said "Are you dying your hair?" It went back to normal color in a couple washings. I haven't tried the powdered stuff but I think someone might have mentioned how much to mix somewhere in this thread. I would have used to powder had I been able to find it. I don't think these things like the scalp but will go there if there is nowhere to run. I'm impressed with the sulferated Lime Dip however it seems that there is an itchy allergic reaction that goes on with these things. I'm using oatmeal soap, benedryl gel and now I'm going to try cortisone 10. Any suggestions?
umothra

Baltimore, MD

#182 Jan 20, 2011
Jesus Girl wrote:
When I was 18, me and my boyfriend and his family got scabies. The only thing that worked is a mixture of pure sulfur and vaseline. IT WORKED! IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED!Sure it smelled, but it sure beat ITCHING AND SCRATCHING!
You may have to go to an old-fashioned drug store to get the sulfur or either find it online.
I agree sulfur does work thank god it works.
Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#183 Jan 21, 2011
Alice wrote:
I only used sulfur in the tub and dunked my hair.(avoid the eyes, the stuff will burn like pepper spray) You must be using powdered sulfur Sara? When I dunked my hair, it turned goldenrod yellow (or sunflower) thank god it wore out but my coworkers said "Are you dying your hair?" It went back to normal color in a couple washings. I haven't tried the powdered stuff but I think someone might have mentioned how much to mix somewhere in this thread. I would have used to powder had I been able to find it. I don't think these things like the scalp but will go there if there is nowhere to run. I'm impressed with the sulferated Lime Dip however it seems that there is an itchy allergic reaction that goes on with these things. I'm using oatmeal soap, benedryl gel and now I'm going to try cortisone 10. Any suggestions?
If you can find a place that sells garden materials in the middle of winter, you can buy "Garden Sulphur", a 90%+ sulfur powder that is a miticide/fungicide for the garden. It mixes very nicely with any oil or vaseline and is very cheap. Just if you're not having much luck finding it in the human medical community, you can look in the rose medical treatments.
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#184 Feb 1, 2011
Someone told me to add a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to my lotion and sublimed sulfur mix. I did this and it seems to help the sulfur to
penetrate into the burrows/nodules. It makes the mixture watery, though. But I don't care, as long as it works!!
Alice

Fort Myers, FL

#185 Feb 1, 2011
Hi Qtip, It's funny you should mention peroxide. Before I knew what I had, I was using peroxide which helped in healing. It didn't kill the little buggers though. The sulfur is wretched but effective. Be good about maintaining for a while so you stay on the winning side of the battle rather than give them the opportunity to take hold again. I wish you all well and if you are new here, don't get discouraged. In the over all scheme of things, there are worse things to get. This can be cured with a little work and a little inconvenience.
Kris

Portland, OR

#186 Mar 31, 2011
i have been battling scabies for over a year, wondering if its really what i have since ive used the permethrin treatment a few times. my family responds well to it, but for some reason, mine will never go away. FINALLY got a positive scrape test from a really good derm, she even let me look at the little bugger under the microscope so i wouldnt doubt her. she prescribed permethrin for husband and kids, 5% precipitated sulfur for me. i also happen to be pregant and really need this cured before the baby is born. does anyone know if 5% is strong enough? ive been reading alot about 10% and im worried it wont work. she said to use it every night for 3 nights, and wash it off each morning, then repeat a week later. its it ok to use permethrin with the rest of the family first, just to be safe, then start the sulfur?
I also went to whole foods and got some MSM capsules, 500 mg, the grandpa brand sulfur soap, and also some jason shampoo that has sulfur, tea tree oil, and neem oil an it and plan to use both every day until im positve this is cured.
I also need some advice on cleaning. My derm said go ahead and scrub the house if it makes me feel better, but said its really not neccessary. Just wash your clothes and bedding in hot water. she said drying them really well is more important than the hot water washing. How do i get the sulfur to penetrate my scalp? she said i could put it there but how do you get it through all that hair? and also, what about my car? Derm said not to worry about that either but, after having this for so long its hard not to worry. This has caused severe anxiety and stress, depression, panic attacks.
PLEASE PLEASE someone that has experience with resistant scabies give me some advice! Thanks!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#187 Mar 31, 2011
Kris wrote:
i have been battling scabies for over a year, wondering if its really what i have since ive used the permethrin treatment a few times.... This has caused severe anxiety and stress, depression, panic attacks.
PLEASE PLEASE someone that has experience with resistant scabies give me some advice! Thanks!
Hi Kris,
Here's my two cents. If I were you, I'd skip the perm treatment, as it didn't work for you before and to avoid those toxins while pregnant. I'd use the 5% sulphur ointment as prescribed, but also buy some 10%(pomada de azufre -sold at Walgreens for 5 dollars)sulphur ointment and use that for spot treating in addition to your full body 5%. That way you get the benefit of the full strength without such harsh treatment of your skin.
Great that you got the sulphur soap for the shower, that will help a lot. And it that is the Jason therapeutic dandruff shampoo with sulphur, neem, wintergreen, tea tree etc., that stuff will keep them away from your scalp (unless you have lesions/spots there already, and then I would spot treat with the 10% sulphur there). During the day you could moisturize with "Sarna" lotion if you are itchy. It is thick and can help repell anything you'd pick up in your environment. You can also mix coconut oil or another carrier skin oil with some of the milder calming mite-fighting essential oils like wintergreen, peppermint, thyme, rosemary, neem or lavender, and put that on for day.

For your laundry, arm & hammer detergent, or add a power booster capsule containing sodium carbonate to your wash. I was told by a parasitologist that adding 3/4 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the wash will kill off anything. hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient in liquid color safe bleach, so you don't have to worry about it ruining your clothes. Hot dryer is a good idea too.
For environment, if you have any carpeting or rugs I would broom in either Borax laundry additive, or Arm & Hammer powdered detergent, sprinkle heavily over the carpet and broom in, let sit for several hours and then vaccuum up. For regular vaccuuming after that, keep a mothball in your vaccuum bag. For tile or hardwood floors pine-sol original strength works great. For upholstery, sprinkle regular baking soda all over everything, let sit and vaccuum up. Alternatively, you can put some arm & hammer and warm water in a sprayer and regularly spritz it onto upholstered furniture. There are some pesticides that work great for this, but these are all the relatively non-toxic solutions that have worked well for me. For your car I would use all of these solutions, and keep a thing of Clorox Greenworks disinfecting wipes handy to wipe down the steering while and gear shift often. If things are really bad in your car you may need to also spray the headliner...but that's only if it's really bad. A little Buhach (chrysanthemum based pyrethrin powder) sprinkled on the floor carpet will also work and is pretty non-toxic...it's dark beige colored, but doesn't stain and can be vaccuumed out after a day or less.

Perhaps ask your doctor if you can add some "Calm" magnesium powder to your supplements. It can really help with sleeping, and coping with the stress.

I'm sure there's more that others can suggest for you too. Good luck in getting rid of this!
-Armed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#188 Mar 31, 2011
Kris wrote:
i have been battling scabies for over a year, wondering if its really what i have since ive used the permethrin treatment a few times. my family responds well to it, but for some reason, mine will never go away. FINALLY got a positive scrape test from a really good derm, she even let me look at the little bugger under the microscope so i wouldnt doubt her. she prescribed permethrin for husband and kids, 5% precipitated sulfur for me. i also happen to be pregant and really need this cured before the baby is born. does anyone know if 5% is strong enough? ive been reading alot about 10% and im worried it wont work. she said to use it every night for 3 nights, and wash it off each morning, then repeat a week later. its it ok to use permethrin with the rest of the family first, just to be safe, then start the sulfur?
I also went to whole foods and got some MSM capsules, 500 mg, the grandpa brand sulfur soap, and also some jason shampoo that has sulfur, tea tree oil, and neem oil an it and plan to use both every day until im positve this is cured.
I also need some advice on cleaning. My derm said go ahead and scrub the house if it makes me feel better, but said its really not neccessary. Just wash your clothes and bedding in hot water. she said drying them really well is more important than the hot water washing. How do i get the sulfur to penetrate my scalp? she said i could put it there but how do you get it through all that hair? and also, what about my car? Derm said not to worry about that either but, after having this for so long its hard not to worry. This has caused severe anxiety and stress, depression, panic attacks.
PLEASE PLEASE someone that has experience with resistant scabies give me some advice! Thanks!
Hello Kris,
I have had good results using essential orange oil from the health food store. You'll need several for yourself. I have also used sweet orange oil from a bulk barn however it isn't as good as the orange oil. Some of us know exactly how you're feeling. Please disregard the rude posters here - they are only trying to discredit everyone here who shares something that has worked.
6 months prego need help

El Monte, CA

#189 Apr 26, 2011
Please tell me what too do where do you get sulfur??? I can't find it anywhere I also have a 1 yr old to treat please please help
6 months prego need help

El Monte, CA

#190 Apr 26, 2011
Alice wrote:
Yesterday I did another soak in the bath tub with sulfurated lime dip (yes for cats and dogs) I put about 4 ounces in the tub. The water turned cloudy yellow. I soaked again till I pruned.(Bring a magazine, you're gonna be in there a while) This stuff is working. I make sure the dip gets literally everywhere so there's nowhere to run. I looked for those black specks some of you have written about. Indeed I saw some black specks on my skin and also on the bottom of the tub when the last of the water washed out like a sediment. I cannot see exactly what they are but I hope it is those dead little buggers. The specks are much smaller than table pepper.
where can I get the sulphur lime dip also can I use it being pregnant
6 months prego need help

El Monte, CA

#191 Apr 26, 2011
Alice wrote:
Hi Qtip, It's funny you should mention peroxide. Before I knew what I had, I was using peroxide which helped in healing. It didn't kill the little buggers though. The sulfur is wretched but effective. Be good about maintaining for a while so you stay on the winning side of the battle rather than give them the opportunity to take hold again. I wish you all well and if you are new here, don't get discouraged. In the over all scheme of things, there are worse things to get. This can be cured with a little work and a little inconvenience.
where too get sulfur??? I can't fond it
Jenn

Miami, FL

#192 Apr 26, 2011
Yes sulfur will kill scabies! Here is another forum I used when I had scabies they have a lot of helpful tips!

http://ScabiesHelpNow.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i overcame scabies! (Jul '13) 1 hr anticipating freedom 10
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 7 hr Almost Cured 533
sulphur!!! (Mar '09) 11 hr Scabies hell 40
Psorinum........homeopathic cure for Scabies? (Sep '11) Tue oh my 113
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Mon oh my 4,149
I have scabies and I'm freaking out Mon Itchymommyandtoddler 4
Septic scabies and scabies on obs Mon dancesilly2 2
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Oct 19 ashleyshere 252
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Oct 18 itchee 135
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Oct 12 scabiesbgone4good 628

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE