post nodular scabies, does it ever end?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 16, 2009
I was diagnosed with nodular scabies in November 08 went through 5 treatments of permethrin, 1 of Ivermectin, 1 of eurox, and 4 of kwell. I was not cured until June of 08. Now for the past nine months I've had the same nodules popping up and suddenly disappearing. This happens at least twice a week. I've been reading that these symptoms can last anywhere from months to years. Basically I am curious as to how other people dealt with this and if anyone actually got to see their symptoms stop.
chris 62

Greece

#2 Mar 23, 2009
i have the same problem but there are and new nodules which appear
doctor sais no reinfection but i am not sure
do you get and new nodules ar the same appear anddissapear?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2009
chris 62 wrote:
i have the same problem but there are and new nodules which appear
doctor sais no reinfection but i am not sure
do you get and new nodules ar the same appear anddissapear?
for the first couple months afterward id get new ones here and there and they'd disappear within a couple days. But now the only ones that keep coming back are the original 5 I had when I was first diagnosed. I also have extensive scarring down in the ares that were affected the worst by nodules. How long have you been dealing with this?
mom in pain

Islamabad, Pakistan

#5 Sep 27, 2009
when does this end ! ive been itching like hell since 10 to 12 days i treated my self for a rash or allergy with out getting diagnosed when i did get get diagnosed it was all over my body ! i know stupid of me to get it so late ! but wat now ive been applying the lotion permite -s for 3 days and the itch is still there and more over i see the burrows every where wat should i d anyone just help me out when is this goign to end and wat about my kids ! i have washed their clothes and all the linen im putting the blankets and pillows and mattresses in the sun wat moer can i do to get rid of this mite do i have to change the bed sheet i sleep in every day too ! help any one
royboy

Fountain Hills, AZ

#6 Sep 27, 2009
Hi!
jbd

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Sep 27, 2009
There really is hope. In Jan. and Feb 2009 I went through multiple aforementioned treatments to cure scabies. Most were probably out of panic and for all I know the scabies was gone after my first tx.
I did end up with post nodular scabies on the scrotum, shaft and head of the penis. No matter what I did they would return to the same area like clockwork, about once a month and last for at least a week and at different times. Thought I was going to be cursed for life as there was no abatement for 6 months. Nothing the dermatalogist gave me as far as anti-inflamatory creams would work.
After about 6 months I noticed that a slightly longer time would elapse between outbreaks and they would also heal faster. At this time I have not had a nodule reappear for over a month (even with sexual activity).
It seems it just takes time, in my case 8-9 months.
Kler-MD

Udaipur, India

#8 Sep 27, 2009
Don't panic and list your major symptoms other than itching, and be specific.
adana

Lakebay, WA

#9 Sep 28, 2009
Kler-MD thinks they are delutions. I've seen his post earlier today.
Itchy in Alabama

AOL

#10 Sep 28, 2009
Finnally, after itching for almost 4 months, 2 permethrin treatments and one with ivermectin/stromectrol (spelling)....the dermatologist did a skin scraping and the following week took biopsies after I told her I was still itching and getting new bites. She said they were gone but I would still itch for a while. That must be the normal way it goes away. I have many scar looking places but I am of the opinion that they will slough off over a period of time. Looks to me like a long time. I did read somewhere that there was a mixture of salacylic acid (like aspirin) and something else would encourage healing. I can't seem to get back to that website. Found a wart remover that had salacylic acid as its primary ingredient. Am going to ask my dermatologist about that. I didn't believe her at first that the itching would eventually stop but it is really going away. It must have to do with the treatment on the skin that is so irritating. Had to wear my clothes inside out. without underclothes. so that the seams wouldn't touch my skin. It itched and hurt too. This was the most miserable thing. Please, everyone.....go to your doctor. He knows! Ask him questions. They don't seem to know what happens after the people leave there but see him/her again. It paid off for me.
skf

Glasgow, KY

#11 Sep 29, 2009
even after my symptoms disappeared i was getting knots on my head that would itch .is this what you are calling nodules? i still find black specks occasionally .could this be dead mites?
its all just so weird. hopfully drs will get on the ball and find a cure for all of this .
adana

Lakebay, WA

#12 Sep 29, 2009
I would NOT take the dermitologists word, keep treating until you aren't itching or you'll be back in the same boat you were in the beginning.
Itchy in Alabama wrote:
Finnally, after itching for almost 4 months, 2 permethrin treatments and one with ivermectin/stromectrol (spelling)....the dermatologist did a skin scraping and the following week took biopsies after I told her I was still itching and getting new bites. She said they were gone but I would still itch for a while. That must be the normal way it goes away. I have many scar looking places but I am of the opinion that they will slough off over a period of time. Looks to me like a long time. I did read somewhere that there was a mixture of salacylic acid (like aspirin) and something else would encourage healing. I can't seem to get back to that website. Found a wart remover that had salacylic acid as its primary ingredient. Am going to ask my dermatologist about that. I didn't believe her at first that the itching would eventually stop but it is really going away. It must have to do with the treatment on the skin that is so irritating. Had to wear my clothes inside out. without underclothes. so that the seams wouldn't touch my skin. It itched and hurt too. This was the most miserable thing. Please, everyone.....go to your doctor. He knows! Ask him questions. They don't seem to know what happens after the people leave there but see him/her again. It paid off for me.
adana

Lakebay, WA

#13 Sep 29, 2009
Yeap, nodules; no, those are new mites mating under your skin.
skf wrote:
even after my symptoms disappeared i was getting knots on my head that would itch .is this what you are calling nodules? i still find black specks occasionally .could this be dead mites?
its all just so weird. hopfully drs will get on the ball and find a cure for all of this .
wannahelp

Spring Hill, FL

#14 Sep 29, 2009
Itchy in Alabama wrote:
Seams bothered me too.
I would try making some neem cream for healing of your skin and for any itching, plus neem is a great repellant and helps in stopping pest reproduction. I mixed mine with orange scented lotion or you can purchase some online at one of the herbal stores already made up. Just make sure you aren't allergic to neem if you decide to try this. I loved the neem lotion with the citrus scent.
adana

Vader, WA

#15 Sep 29, 2009
Don't put much neem in your bath water at first. I am horribly allergic to it. Seems as though it causes nerve damage to my feet. Oh, it hurts my feet horribly! Doesn't bother me if I put it directly on my skin mixed in with my favorite hand cream. If you get it in your mouth, which is very easy, it tastes nasty, nasty, nasty.
Kler-MD

India

#16 Oct 3, 2009
Itchy in Alabama wrote:
was
It is clobetasol propionate/ salacylic acid
Cream
Lisa

Humboldt, TN

#17 Mar 30, 2010
OMG those things are driving me nuts I have treated 3 times and still have those darn itchy knots that will not go away and they are leaving scars also. I have had for 5 months what can one do to stop this madness??
Peter

Reading, UK

#18 Apr 18, 2010
After treatment, most of the nodules around my body cleared up pretty quick. Unfortunately that isn't the case for the shaft of my cock, around my inner thighs, scrotum and around my body where the shaft connects.

This is still going on about 3 & a half to 4 months after treatment. I have no signs of reinfestation on other parts of my body, nor am I itching at night or any areas of my body apart from my crotch. I am still getting new nodules / papules and I'm concerned the original five nodules that appeared on my shaft are going to scar. Obviously I'm also getting very tired of this on-going condition. I want to go out and meet women, and to be frank, if I saw a woman with these sort of things around her crotch, I would be pretty hesitant to get it on with her. This really sucks.

The strange thing is that the first nodules I experienced (that cleared up quickly) were everywhere else on my body. My crotch is the last place any nodules appeared but they just won't leave.
Sick-of-mites

Edgewater, MD

#19 Apr 24, 2010
Try anti-fungal cream. Seems to be working for me. Though one or two keeps popping up q 2 days. Characteristic of post scabies.
Amber

Granada Hills, CA

#20 Apr 26, 2010
Are the nodules like the little bites before treatment? We are getting tiny blisters ans itching does not seem to be any burrows on me but my son has open tiny hole marks is this post scabies? Please help

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#21 Apr 26, 2010
Give it time. As long as you have treated with Permethrin or iver. Keep using antihistimines, antifungals, neem, zinc ointment, benadryl capsules at pm, and cortizone. Believe me i use all this creams and pill right now and i don't see anymore bumps on me. I am going to eventually narrow down to just using neem alone next month. Those mites debris really take time to work their way out of your body. Goodluck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When do we eat the HIGH FAT MEAL BEFORE IVERMEC... (Feb '10) 3 hr oh brother 16
Mite identification 7 hr real indian 3
Scabies laid dormant in suitcase for 4 YEARS (Jun '08) 8 hr SPS 36
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 9 hr CallingForHelp 4,491
wrong diagnosis 22 hr real indian 1
things people forget to do about scabies (Jul '07) Tue betseyB 10
Are the scabies gone?! Tue Diescabiesdie 1
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jul 27 miserable 686
More from around the web