Need Pest Control Service to Kill Sca...

Need Pest Control Service to Kill Scabies in Environment?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pauly

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Nov 11, 2007
I've been infested with scabies for 5 mos. now and I am almost cured on my body (fingers crossed). After trying Permethrin cream twice, Ivermectin, and tea tree oil, I've finally had a lot of success with the Neem products from Everyday Solutions Rx....but I still need to completely eradicate them in my apt. b/c I'm still feeling the crawlies at night. I've already had my carpets and couches steam cleaned and treated with a disinfectant. I was going to do a Hot Shot fumigator but I was afraid it would set off my fire alarm b/c of the cloud of smoke that it lets off plus I wasn't even sure if it would kill them. So, instead, I was thinking of getting a pest control co. to do the job but I don't even know if they treat for this kind of pest. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with a pest control co. helping them? I work 45 hour weeks, so it's very hard for me to clean a lot during the week. Has anyone had any success in eradicating these little demons with OTC pesticides? As much as I hate using dangerous pesticides, at this point, I'm willing to try anything. I appreciate any insight...Thanks in advance!
Sam

Courtland, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2007
Yes it can set off your smoke alarm so you have to disarm it first, take the battery out. I contacted 5 pest control companies who said they didn't have a treatment for mites. The 6th one guaranteed they could rid my home of mites. They treated 5 times and it didn't help at all.

Borax in the carpet works. Other people have used the dawn or windex sprays. I recommend the raid fumigators in the blue box with 12.5% permethrin. Then vacuum really good, and put borax in the carpet.
Scabies3

Vero Beach, FL

#3 Nov 12, 2007
Yes, rub the borax in the carpets with the broom really good. vacuum it up in a week and then reapply. Borax in your car, too, and vacuum your car often. I bought some stuff from doyourownpestcontrol.com . And I bought a pump sprayer to apply around the house. The pump sprayer works so good. Has to be cleaned out after every use, so it won't clog up. I also use permethrin that you can order from jeffers or qc supply. i delute with water and spray. Wash your pillows in scalding hot water. cover mattresses with plastic and cover pillows with vinyl covers, etc.
Scabies3

Vero Beach, FL

#4 Nov 12, 2007
also, mix bleach with water and spray everything you can, and wipe clean. don't forget areas like handles of doors, microwave, coffee pot, keys, purses. you can also put 91% alcohol in spray bottle and spray the heck out of everything. pay attention to areas you frequent, around computer, etc.
Pauly

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2007
Scabies3 wrote:
also, mix bleach with water and spray everything you can, and wipe clean. don't forget areas like handles of doors, microwave, coffee pot, keys, purses. you can also put 91% alcohol in spray bottle and spray the heck out of everything. pay attention to areas you frequent, around computer, etc.
Ok, cool....I appreciate all of the suggestions! Today, I talked to the pest control co. that services my apt. complex and they told me that since scabies is a medical problem and I've treated myself and don't have the kittens that I think gave it to me in the first place, then there's nothing they can do. I brought in 2 stray kittens about 4 mos. ago and this is how I think I got scabies to begin with. I keep on hearing that you can't get this type of scabies from animals but I'm starting to think differently. It's possible that they're bird mites but I'm not sure if cats can carry that.

Anyway, back to cleaning....what about wood furniture? Alcohol might ruin the wood. I've been using Pledge...most cleaners would kill the mites, right? How frequent do you clean? Everyday? It seems incessant but maybe this is why I still have it. I've also been using a handheld steam cleaner on my couch, where I've been sleeping b/c I feel like the majority of them are in my bed. Even after steam cleaning it and I had vinyl covers on the mattress and box spring but I felt like they were still on the bed even after drying my bedding for 30 minutes or more before every night to kill them. It's starting to get cold at night, so I was thinking of putting my bed outside my screened in porch with a cover on them for a few days to kill them. I know it sounds crazy but I just don't want to get another bed when it'll more than likely happen to a new bed. Sorry if I'm rambling but it's so nice to talk to people who know exactly what you're going thru!
ReyRay

Macomb, MI

#6 Nov 12, 2007
Pauly- You need to put borax and bleach in every load.

I got mattress covers and I was washing my sheets every day and drying them twice for an hour each cycle and I was still getting bitten in bed.

Read the cleaning sections and do it.

You can call the pest control back and tell them you have flees and mites in the apartment.

Nobody seems to want to help you when you are in our boat. They want to push you to someone else for help. You are paying rent every month so them coming out to spray is only getting what you are paying for. Insist they come out it can't hurt.

but you are going to have to clean so even if you work a lot go home and clean.

Windex has not hurt our wood furniture.
clw

Florence, MS

#7 Nov 13, 2007
Pauly wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, cool....I appreciate all of the suggestions! Today, I talked to the pest control co. that services my apt. complex and they told me that since scabies is a medical problem and I've treated myself and don't have the kittens that I think gave it to me in the first place, then there's nothing they can do. I brought in 2 stray kittens about 4 mos. ago and this is how I think I got scabies to begin with. I keep on hearing that you can't get this type of scabies from animals but I'm starting to think differently. It's possible that they're bird mites but I'm not sure if cats can carry that.
Anyway, back to cleaning....what about wood furniture? Alcohol might ruin the wood. I've been using Pledge...most cleaners would kill the mites, right? How frequent do you clean? Everyday? It seems incessant but maybe this is why I still have it. I've also been using a handheld steam cleaner on my couch, where I've been sleeping b/c I feel like the majority of them are in my bed. Even after steam cleaning it and I had vinyl covers on the mattress and box spring but I felt like they were still on the bed even after drying my bedding for 30 minutes or more before every night to kill them. It's starting to get cold at night, so I was thinking of putting my bed outside my screened in porch with a cover on them for a few days to kill them. I know it sounds crazy but I just don't want to get another bed when it'll more than likely happen to a new bed. Sorry if I'm rambling but it's so nice to talk to people who know exactly what you're going thru!
Hi Pauly, make sure you use that hand held steam cleaner in your car, on any upholstered seating area or chairs, steam your pillows, the floor area all around the bed, behind, around, under the bed. I swear this thing helped me the most along with spraying our mattress and floor with the enzyme spray I bought on internet and lice otc spray. putting comforters and pillows in hot dryer too and take some garlic pills for the heck of it. I bought the odorless even though someone on these sites said odorless wouldn't work. Take one full day and do all this stuff thoroughly as well as one more treatment of cream if you are able to. I got rid of it in 1 months time or little more than but didn't do all the vigorous cleaning and garlic until very end along with a cream treatment. hope you get rid of em quickly.
Ashley

Lockport, IL

#8 Jan 15, 2011
ahhh! I am going crazy with these stupid mites! I feel like I can not get rid of these little pests! Is there an exterminator or bombs I can use in my home? I feel for the people who have had it for a long period of time and I am very sorry.
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jan 16, 2011
Ashley wrote:
ahhh! I am going crazy with these stupid mites! I feel like I can not get rid of these little pests! Is there an exterminator or bombs I can use in my home? I feel for the people who have had it for a long period of time and I am very sorry.
you have to light a bomb up your butt and let it go. the scabies will be gone then. this is a parasite. get rid of the parasite on your body, and you will have this licked.
Animals caution

New York, NY

#10 May 2, 2012
Animals have. A different type of mite that may cause some discomfort to their owners but the truth is...the pet just works as a carrier making the mite living longer than the typical 5 days. Human scabies may not be able to reproduce in the pet but sure can live on it until it finds the human host. Which mean instead of living 5 days without a host it may survive longer on a pet lets say a month? So that is why people with animals have a big problem. Pets should be out on ivermectin for a long while to kill adults scabies that are holding on to them. Let's should be confined to places easy to clean for about a month ( that is what a mite live with a host but in this case, on the dog, is not able to reproduce) it is very important to understand this concept. It happens to me. I couldn't get healed until I gave my dog to someone. It works as a fomite and no one can deny that. So either you confined the dog or give it to someone for a month or so and treat the dog with shots plus shampoo to be very sure when he gets back he won't give it to u again. Just saying.
wonder

Brighton-le-sands, Australia

#11 Aug 14, 2012
do you have to throw out your mattress and lounge if you have contracted scabies.
Jan

Orlando, FL

#12 Apr 8, 2013
Animals caution wrote:
Animals have. A different type of mite that may cause some discomfort to their owners but the truth is...the pet just works as a carrier making the mite living longer than the typical 5 days. Human scabies may not be able to reproduce in the pet but sure can live on it until it finds the human host. Which mean instead of living 5 days without a host it may survive longer on a pet lets say a month? So that is why people with animals have a big problem. Pets should be out on ivermectin for a long while to kill adults scabies that are holding on to them. Let's should be confined to places easy to clean for about a month ( that is what a mite live with a host but in this case, on the dog, is not able to reproduce) it is very important to understand this concept. It happens to me. I couldn't get healed until I gave my dog to someone. It works as a fomite and no one can deny that. So either you confined the dog or give it to someone for a month or so and treat the dog with shots plus shampoo to be very sure when he gets back he won't give it to u again. Just saying.
I have a feeling that is what has been happening to us. We've had scabies for a year now. We've given it to our friends and family members and they've been treated with Permethrin and are cured. But we have done Permethrin 5 times now and it does not work. We have 2 cats and they are scratching a lot on their necks and sides of their faces. We've done Revolution on them every 2 weeks for months and now we are doing Advantage. I think we may need to board the cats for awhile to see what happens. Did they scabies ever come back when you got your dog back?
Anonymous

Clarksville, TN

#14 Sep 4, 2013
Animals can not give you scabies
Edie

Camarillo, CA

#15 Sep 25, 2013
Well, after reading your posts what I have been experiencing must be Scabies. Four different dermatologists, two treatments with exterminators, moved out for 2 1/2 weeks.. did all the recomendaions..Washed, scrubbed, trips to the big laundry mats washing everything in hot water, chlorox and borox ..on and on.. threw money at the problem. Dry Cleaners.
for the body.. Triamcinolone Acetonide applied all over the body, special shampoo. This is the most discouraging thing. There has been a big change and I feel hopeful... until I wake up itching and scraching. Baby powder helped for a while. An anti itch spray was easy and helped with the itch.
What do you see? I see tiny black/yellow specks.
You wouldn't think they would cause this grief.
I haven't treated my car. I would simply love to be finished with this problem! Any sussigestions welcome.
fuckthis

Broomfield, CO

#18 Jun 10, 2014
eddie you prolly have morgellons if youre seeing black specs. that is the telltale sign. idk how to treat but look it up it is not scabies bruv
barbara

Washington, DC

#21 Oct 20, 2014
I moved in this house last February 2014 and i also rent this house. The people lived in the house kept. 6 or more bulldogs up stairs it was eat up fleas, eggs, & larvae we got fea bites and was pulling the larvae out of the bites it look little little worms i did a lot of looking on the internet trying to find answers for the sitution and even went to the doctor and they said it was scabies but the pharmacist. where i get all medications at said it was scabies and orkin said they don't treat scsbies but after sending a little. worm looking thing off they said it was svsbies but they kept coming in. they will not even answer 2 questions. that i need. to know i have a permature baby that is just 3 years old how to get rid of the mites or do i find somewhere else to live . i been dealing with for 6 months i took all the carpets up in the house. Washed everything. in hot water and dried in a hot dryer.and still putting in black bags please please help me. i need answers
Edie

Houston, TX

#22 Apr 21, 2015
Hi i Brough in a bed into my apartment back in January of 2015 and it was from a friend that has a dog that is always scratching himself very often and you can also see his skin a little bit I think from so much scratching. As soon as I brought the bed I started getting this bumps in my arms and back (even tho I didn't actually slept in the bed until a week later),, I also got my left ear clogged ,, I could barely hear from it. I though It had something to do with my diet cuz I had recently changed to more protein so I changed to a veggies and fruit juicing diet and I got better right away. But then a week later I assembled the bed and that night I got bitten so much it was unbelievable. I threw the bed away thinking it was fleas from that dog and it got better for a couple of nights but then it all came back again. I would wake up in the middle of the night itching and scratching. I bombed the apartment twice with foggers for fleas but it didn't work (I had gotten fleas once from playing with a cat once and the Fogger really worked and killed them off). It is now April 2015 and it just seems to be getting worst. Now just entering the apartment I start itching like in my arms and lower legs and by back around shoulder blades. Simply standing in certain places like around the bedroom or by the bathroom or sitting at the kitchen table. I've looked for fleas but have never seen one and I am actually just wearing shorts around the house so I would expect to see them fleas if they were the ones giving me some sharp bites all of the sudden aside from the itching. One thing I have seen tho is like a bunch of dust particles just floating around when I'm standing by the mirror of the bathroom and I look towards the bedroom window when the sun is out. There's gotta be some weird animals floating there that I can see as dust that's making me itch bc I borrowed a friends air purifier and the itching really diminished almost to the point of no itching at all but as soon as I would turn it off I would fee it right away. PLEASE HELP !!! I have no idea what I'm dealing with and how to treat it. Im not even sure if I should be hanging around people cuz I might be contagious and give them he same thing I'm going thru. I've been surviving at night, and if I'm at home during the day, by applying bug spray (or mosquito repellent) for all this time. When I out that on the bites and itching stop. But I don't know how healthy or safe it is to wear that almost all the time since I have to really it every 4 or 5 hours or else I start feeling them bites again. So yes I'm still waking up EVERY SINGLE NIGHT in the middle of the night bc of the bites and then to apply bug spray. help. What is it I'm dealing with?. And what can I do to eliminate it once and for all?
is it possible

Amelia, OH

#23 Jun 8, 2015
Not sure how to sign into this.
guess_its_not_my _day

Palm Harbor, FL

#25 Monday Jul 11
I also have what is called scabies mites. I have heard of scabies and I have heard of mites but I have never heard of a scabies mite. I have researched until my brain won't work any longer because the NUMBER one thing is this is only happening to me in a house of about 2800 sq ft and with four other people in it one being my husband. I have been sleeping on the reclining sofa so as not to infect him and I only sit in that one spot, however, his seat is next to mine and still he has not gotten even a bite. I thought maybe they might not like his taste because he does in fact eat tons of garlic. My first thought was that I had a yeast overload because about a month before I got this mite I was in the hospital with septicemia, a serious bout of it too as I did not know I had drove to the drug store to try and see the person who works in a minute clinic .. (Stupid) but not, because they were the ones who actually called paramedics as soon as they saw me. Someone knew I was very sick and I swear I have no idea how I got like that or when it started. I have never had a mite in my life and I know they can be in a rich person's home as much as a poor person's home and any type of them can exist in either. They could come in on the cleaning company cleaning your home or office etc. At any rate, I was in the hospital with this septicemia for about six days, two of which I had no clue where I was or who I was. The nurses said I was very calm for being so sick and I didn't even know I was sick. So I was fed tons of antibiotics and they had to keep switching because some bacteria would not react to certain antibiotics etc. Finally I got down to the last antibiotic and they let me out to finish it with oral antibiotics instead of the intraveneous ones I was getting. After nearly four weeks I started getting this itching and it got worse every day and my first thought was ... I HAVE MRSA which has become nearly epidemic in most hospitals and my sister who was in the hospital with a brain tumor that had been operated on twice started getting this red rash on her leg ... it was test positive for MRSA. I had never been party to anything like that let alone her tumor that was a glioblastoma multiforme', usually a terminal brain tumor and in the brain tumor world it is the most common, however brain tumors in general are anything but common. She did die but they way she was told was just to horrible to repeat online. Anyway she did last longer than the doctor who gave her the news ... a lot longer because she stopped doing everything they told her and started doing what her gut told her, no sugar, nothing that could make her immune system any worse and she did get over the MRSA but it took a year of in house care. So that was my first thought since the people on both sides of my single room were in single rooms but had MRSA. I just could not understand how I got on the ward with this type of infection when I was already immune deficient. Back to the story, so I went to my doctor, he sent me to a dermatologist, who immediately told me she had no idea what it was and that she would send in a biopsy and I would not get results for two weeks. Well anyone who has this knows how long two weeks is when you have this stuff ... it's daunting to think of one more day let alone 14. At any rate it came back as BUG BITES, not what kind of bug bites, just bug bites. They had be scheduled for another appointment to tell me about the results but after they told me over the phone I could not see the point in going in to fill their pockets with more money. I asked why I even needed to come in and they kind of hem hawed about it. They had given me that permycin or whatever it is everyone is talking about, plus an antibiotic and something I am not even sure what it was supposed to do but I was alergic to it and could not take it. At any rate it has been a month and a half since I have seen my doctor and this is still going on ... continued below
guess_its_not_my _day

Palm Harbor, FL

#26 Monday Jul 11
I finally... even after my fear of hospital was soaring decided to go to the hospital. The guy who walked into my room (as if he himself were god) told me I have dermatitous caused by ANXIETY. Now, forgive me here but I did not get anxious until I got this thing going on with my arm and no one could tell me what was going on. I had to search for answers myself and I handed him a bag of about four of the bugs that came out of my arm and he looked at me and said "You do not have bugs" I told him I am sorry, but you are wrong, these came out of my arm not more than an hour ago and if you truly believe I do not have bugs then why are you standing by the door and why the hell was I locked in this room for a half an hour. He said you are not a doctor, I said, you are right but I am a human who knows what is inside the sores in my arm. But he was determined he was going to win by telling me something I knew was absolutely not what I had. I told him I was ready to go and he continued, now you may have been bitten by bugs but you don't have them in your arm, you have anxiety and you have scratched your arms. I can't tell you how incredious I became that this idiot standing in front of me was trying to tell me that there were no bugs in my arm when in fact the dermatologist for as much good as was done with that lady, did say it was probably some sort of mite after I told her I had a dog. My dog does not have mites and mites do live on or in the the skin so I wasn't going to stop either as I just wasted my time and money to talk to an idiot so I said rather loudly, I am leaving, he said no I am leaving if you don't tone your voice down. I asked when? Please go now and he marched out of my room, now my son was with me and by the way, why would a hospital post "NO RECORDINGS PLEASE" and state it is for privacy reasons yet this doctor took my son out of the room and told him he would have me baker acted if it were him. Now, I am actually living a movie and I could not believe my son told me this. My son said I was getting a little loud but I told him if the guy would just have left since he wasn't going to do anything not even have someone look at the bugs and at least verify that they were mites of some sort what was the point of listening to him go on about something that was absolutely untrue and then charge me for that time? So I am here to tell you, for the most part NO ONE wants to help you with this problem, and if you do get in to see someone they will tell you they don't know or it's a bug bite which by the way the idiot doctor told me all dermatologists tell you that when they don't know what it is which I am going to relay to my dermatologist. Yep, all biopseies are called bug bites if they don't know what it is and that is exactly what the doctor in the ER said. So here is what I can tell you for sure you can get rid of them DO NOT EXPECT it to happen overnight, use the promycin or whatever they sell otc for scabies, if you get prescriptions for less money get a prescription from your doctor and get refills in case there are others in your household or in case you get them again which a lot of people do when they try cleaning to get rid of them. Use anything with tea tree oil, or alcohol in a spray bottle full strength, borax on carpet, alcohol on hard floors. Spray anything you can with either alcohol, vinegar or a substance with scabies killer and dilute it in a spray bottle. If you can keep your clothes in a garage if you are in a state like me FL which is so hot it would kill anything for at least 3 days, wash in hot water use vinegar or bleach in all washes, sprays on or around anything you have been around and any place you haven't but pay close attention to places like your bed, sofa, they hide so you spray everything. Do it every day and vacumm every day for a week, change clothes often, eat garlic as a natural antibiotic and use that with coconut oil on your skin. This is the best you can do. if ? just ask me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies help 2 hr Lovechalola1 19
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 3 hr Deed 956
NATROBA: The FDA in the US just approved this n... (Jan '11) 3 hr Monica 5
Please help me guys (Oct '15) Fri parasites 61
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Fri parasites 1,425
Where to find the "Imidicroprid thread" and "I'... Fri parasites 3
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Thu Jenie 207
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jul 26 Melanie RAPHAEL 823
More from around the web