Need Pest Control Service to Kill Scabies in Environment?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2014
Pauly

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

I've been infested with scabies for 5 mos. now and I am almost cured on my body (fingers crossed). After trying Permethrin cream twice, Ivermectin, and tea tree oil, I've finally had a lot of success with the Neem products from Everyday Solutions Rx....but I still need to completely eradicate them in my apt. b/c I'm still feeling the crawlies at night. I've already had my carpets and couches steam cleaned and treated with a disinfectant. I was going to do a Hot Shot fumigator but I was afraid it would set off my fire alarm b/c of the cloud of smoke that it lets off plus I wasn't even sure if it would kill them. So, instead, I was thinking of getting a pest control co. to do the job but I don't even know if they treat for this kind of pest. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with a pest control co. helping them? I work 45 hour weeks, so it's very hard for me to clean a lot during the week. Has anyone had any success in eradicating these little demons with OTC pesticides? As much as I hate using dangerous pesticides, at this point, I'm willing to try anything. I appreciate any insight...Thanks in advance!
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Yes it can set off your smoke alarm so you have to disarm it first, take the battery out. I contacted 5 pest control companies who said they didn't have a treatment for mites. The 6th one guaranteed they could rid my home of mites. They treated 5 times and it didn't help at all.

Borax in the carpet works. Other people have used the dawn or windex sprays. I recommend the raid fumigators in the blue box with 12.5% permethrin. Then vacuum really good, and put borax in the carpet.
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Yes, rub the borax in the carpets with the broom really good. vacuum it up in a week and then reapply. Borax in your car, too, and vacuum your car often. I bought some stuff from doyourownpestcontrol.com . And I bought a pump sprayer to apply around the house. The pump sprayer works so good. Has to be cleaned out after every use, so it won't clog up. I also use permethrin that you can order from jeffers or qc supply. i delute with water and spray. Wash your pillows in scalding hot water. cover mattresses with plastic and cover pillows with vinyl covers, etc.
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

also, mix bleach with water and spray everything you can, and wipe clean. don't forget areas like handles of doors, microwave, coffee pot, keys, purses. you can also put 91% alcohol in spray bottle and spray the heck out of everything. pay attention to areas you frequent, around computer, etc.
Pauly

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Scabies3 wrote:
also, mix bleach with water and spray everything you can, and wipe clean. don't forget areas like handles of doors, microwave, coffee pot, keys, purses. you can also put 91% alcohol in spray bottle and spray the heck out of everything. pay attention to areas you frequent, around computer, etc.
Ok, cool....I appreciate all of the suggestions! Today, I talked to the pest control co. that services my apt. complex and they told me that since scabies is a medical problem and I've treated myself and don't have the kittens that I think gave it to me in the first place, then there's nothing they can do. I brought in 2 stray kittens about 4 mos. ago and this is how I think I got scabies to begin with. I keep on hearing that you can't get this type of scabies from animals but I'm starting to think differently. It's possible that they're bird mites but I'm not sure if cats can carry that.

Anyway, back to cleaning....what about wood furniture? Alcohol might ruin the wood. I've been using Pledge...most cleaners would kill the mites, right? How frequent do you clean? Everyday? It seems incessant but maybe this is why I still have it. I've also been using a handheld steam cleaner on my couch, where I've been sleeping b/c I feel like the majority of them are in my bed. Even after steam cleaning it and I had vinyl covers on the mattress and box spring but I felt like they were still on the bed even after drying my bedding for 30 minutes or more before every night to kill them. It's starting to get cold at night, so I was thinking of putting my bed outside my screened in porch with a cover on them for a few days to kill them. I know it sounds crazy but I just don't want to get another bed when it'll more than likely happen to a new bed. Sorry if I'm rambling but it's so nice to talk to people who know exactly what you're going thru!
ReyRay

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Pauly- You need to put borax and bleach in every load.

I got mattress covers and I was washing my sheets every day and drying them twice for an hour each cycle and I was still getting bitten in bed.

Read the cleaning sections and do it.

You can call the pest control back and tell them you have flees and mites in the apartment.

Nobody seems to want to help you when you are in our boat. They want to push you to someone else for help. You are paying rent every month so them coming out to spray is only getting what you are paying for. Insist they come out it can't hurt.

but you are going to have to clean so even if you work a lot go home and clean.

Windex has not hurt our wood furniture.
clw

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2007

Pauly wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, cool....I appreciate all of the suggestions! Today, I talked to the pest control co. that services my apt. complex and they told me that since scabies is a medical problem and I've treated myself and don't have the kittens that I think gave it to me in the first place, then there's nothing they can do. I brought in 2 stray kittens about 4 mos. ago and this is how I think I got scabies to begin with. I keep on hearing that you can't get this type of scabies from animals but I'm starting to think differently. It's possible that they're bird mites but I'm not sure if cats can carry that.
Anyway, back to cleaning....what about wood furniture? Alcohol might ruin the wood. I've been using Pledge...most cleaners would kill the mites, right? How frequent do you clean? Everyday? It seems incessant but maybe this is why I still have it. I've also been using a handheld steam cleaner on my couch, where I've been sleeping b/c I feel like the majority of them are in my bed. Even after steam cleaning it and I had vinyl covers on the mattress and box spring but I felt like they were still on the bed even after drying my bedding for 30 minutes or more before every night to kill them. It's starting to get cold at night, so I was thinking of putting my bed outside my screened in porch with a cover on them for a few days to kill them. I know it sounds crazy but I just don't want to get another bed when it'll more than likely happen to a new bed. Sorry if I'm rambling but it's so nice to talk to people who know exactly what you're going thru!
Hi Pauly, make sure you use that hand held steam cleaner in your car, on any upholstered seating area or chairs, steam your pillows, the floor area all around the bed, behind, around, under the bed. I swear this thing helped me the most along with spraying our mattress and floor with the enzyme spray I bought on internet and lice otc spray. putting comforters and pillows in hot dryer too and take some garlic pills for the heck of it. I bought the odorless even though someone on these sites said odorless wouldn't work. Take one full day and do all this stuff thoroughly as well as one more treatment of cream if you are able to. I got rid of it in 1 months time or little more than but didn't do all the vigorous cleaning and garlic until very end along with a cream treatment. hope you get rid of em quickly.
Ashley

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

ahhh! I am going crazy with these stupid mites! I feel like I can not get rid of these little pests! Is there an exterminator or bombs I can use in my home? I feel for the people who have had it for a long period of time and I am very sorry.
Q-tip

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Judged:

Ashley wrote:
ahhh! I am going crazy with these stupid mites! I feel like I can not get rid of these little pests! Is there an exterminator or bombs I can use in my home? I feel for the people who have had it for a long period of time and I am very sorry.
you have to light a bomb up your butt and let it go. the scabies will be gone then. this is a parasite. get rid of the parasite on your body, and you will have this licked.
Animals caution

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Animals have. A different type of mite that may cause some discomfort to their owners but the truth is...the pet just works as a carrier making the mite living longer than the typical 5 days. Human scabies may not be able to reproduce in the pet but sure can live on it until it finds the human host. Which mean instead of living 5 days without a host it may survive longer on a pet lets say a month? So that is why people with animals have a big problem. Pets should be out on ivermectin for a long while to kill adults scabies that are holding on to them. Let's should be confined to places easy to clean for about a month ( that is what a mite live with a host but in this case, on the dog, is not able to reproduce) it is very important to understand this concept. It happens to me. I couldn't get healed until I gave my dog to someone. It works as a fomite and no one can deny that. So either you confined the dog or give it to someone for a month or so and treat the dog with shots plus shampoo to be very sure when he gets back he won't give it to u again. Just saying.
wonder

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

do you have to throw out your mattress and lounge if you have contracted scabies.
Jan

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Animals caution wrote:
Animals have. A different type of mite that may cause some discomfort to their owners but the truth is...the pet just works as a carrier making the mite living longer than the typical 5 days. Human scabies may not be able to reproduce in the pet but sure can live on it until it finds the human host. Which mean instead of living 5 days without a host it may survive longer on a pet lets say a month? So that is why people with animals have a big problem. Pets should be out on ivermectin for a long while to kill adults scabies that are holding on to them. Let's should be confined to places easy to clean for about a month ( that is what a mite live with a host but in this case, on the dog, is not able to reproduce) it is very important to understand this concept. It happens to me. I couldn't get healed until I gave my dog to someone. It works as a fomite and no one can deny that. So either you confined the dog or give it to someone for a month or so and treat the dog with shots plus shampoo to be very sure when he gets back he won't give it to u again. Just saying.
I have a feeling that is what has been happening to us. We've had scabies for a year now. We've given it to our friends and family members and they've been treated with Permethrin and are cured. But we have done Permethrin 5 times now and it does not work. We have 2 cats and they are scratching a lot on their necks and sides of their faces. We've done Revolution on them every 2 weeks for months and now we are doing Advantage. I think we may need to board the cats for awhile to see what happens. Did they scabies ever come back when you got your dog back?
Anonymous

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Animals can not give you scabies
Edie

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Well, after reading your posts what I have been experiencing must be Scabies. Four different dermatologists, two treatments with exterminators, moved out for 2 1/2 weeks.. did all the recomendaions..Washed, scrubbed, trips to the big laundry mats washing everything in hot water, chlorox and borox ..on and on.. threw money at the problem. Dry Cleaners.
for the body.. Triamcinolone Acetonide applied all over the body, special shampoo. This is the most discouraging thing. There has been a big change and I feel hopeful... until I wake up itching and scraching. Baby powder helped for a while. An anti itch spray was easy and helped with the itch.
What do you see? I see tiny black/yellow specks.
You wouldn't think they would cause this grief.
I haven't treated my car. I would simply love to be finished with this problem! Any sussigestions welcome.
fuckthis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

eddie you prolly have morgellons if youre seeing black specs. that is the telltale sign. idk how to treat but look it up it is not scabies bruv

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
scabies healing (Jul '07) 8 hr still itchy 40
How to find out what type of mite you have (Jun '10) 12 hr jjj 48
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 16 hr Adana 4,093
dead sea salt (Feb '12) 19 hr James 18
apple cider vinegar miracle cure Sat soothed at last 3
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Sat Canuckette 859
Yes scalp and face get scabies Sat Llp 2
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Sat Cloveoilworks 129
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••